Lynn and Leif Forevermore Ch. 71

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mich80new
mich80new
166 Followers

"Is she changing her number sir, or rolling it over?" asked the salesman.

"It's up to her. Let her decide whether she wants to change the damn number or not," grunted Leif.

He didn't like the salesman's impatience and he wasn't sure if it was due to race or him not liking women customers. However Leif felt his own impatience now, and that was with his sweet Lynne. She wanted so much to believe everyone in the world was as sweet and open hearted as she was, but she would soon find out that the world was a cruel ass place if she didn't let him shield her where he could.

That was his job.

He was her husband and it was his job to protect her from hurt and harm. And right now all he'd seen her parents do was cause her hurt, and harm! And extreme at that! And what he was trying to do was protect her from any hurt their intrusion with a phone call would cause on what had been an otherwise beautiful, paradisiac honeymoon with amazing bonding, love, closeness, and steamy sex!

"Well what should I do Leif? What do you think I should do? Would you change the number of you were me?" asked Lynne.

Leif knowing full well he'd lied to his wife and had her thinking that her parents hadn't called when he knew they had called did the only thing he could think of to stop the shit storm-

"I think you should still change your number. You've got an unlisted number calling your phone and as your husband that makes me nervous. Get a new number, and in a month or so, if the urge strikes you, then call your parents. I don't know why the hell you want to reach out to them right now, given how it went the last time when we met them, but you can reach out to them later. Maybe by then their heads will have cooled and they'll be better, I don't know," said Leif.

Really, he wanted her to give them a good long year. When they saw she was serious about her new life, and a new faith with a new husband and was not capitulating and giving into their old demands, they might treat her with respect. Then again too they probably would not, but at least Lynne could stop reinjuring herself over and over again with the painful interactions. After time went by, and there were no changes in their controlling and unloving behavior, Lynne would probably be content just to let them alone, leaving the door open if they changed their minds.

To him her relationship with them was like stubbing a raw toe over and over again. He'd let her stub her toe a few times on her relationship with her parents since they were together and he'd made an executive decision to help Lynne stop walking into the wall with a bruised and bloody toe! She didn't need to know that they called, not for the honeymoon at least.

"Yeah Leif. You are right. We need some time apart and they need some time to think about how they treat me, and even you for that matter. Besides if they cared at all, they'd call. And in the meantime I don't want to be harassed by an unlisted number. Change my number," said Lynne.

It was really cool that they were able to get Lynne a number just a few digits apart from his own number. Soul mates in life and in cellphone plans. He did feel terrible for actually having lied to Lynne now. But he felt that a lie, that was for her own good was not the same as lying to her trying to cover up things he was doing wrong, like cheating, or something like that.

All the heartbreaking things he'd learned, about taken teddy bears, no nightlights, how starving she was for emotional, physical and spiritual love at their cruel hands, and he felt he was making the right decision. He owed it to his wife to protect her. It was one of their vows. If the honeymoon hadn't gotten her to forget her rotten ass parents for a while, he would eventually tell her that they'd called but he'd asked them not to call until the honeymoon was over.

But he planned on loving Lynne so good that she'd forget about whether they called or not! And once she'd forgotten he hoped it would be a while before she worried about interacting with them again and maybe by then they would have learned to treat her with respect, and not like a puppet to be manipulated on marionette strings.

**** ****

Lynne was excited for her new iPhone, the latest model. Even more exciting was the cool case, and the fact that it was fully loaded with everything that she could ever want including the biggest size. It was also the cool, new Jet Black color, so difficult to find back in New York! That big size meant no more struggling to fit all her music on the phone. She couldn't wait to copy her whole library over to the phone when she returned home.

All her photos, contacts, and everything sunk effortlessly over iCloud. And Leif had been right for her to change her number. A new number, for a new chapter in her life. After a while, things would settle down after the honeymoon and she could use her contact list to reestablish contact with everyone she wanted to keep in contact with at her new number, minus the creeper.

She wondered how a creepy person had gotten her number, and was calling he on her honeymoon, anyway.

She was also surprised not to be hearing from her parents. Even though their antagonism hurt her, at least it meant they were paying attention. Had they finally closed their heart to her so that they would not even acknowledge the fact that she'd gotten married, done things the right way finally, and soon might be starting a family of her own?

Her parent's negative attention was painful, and it was stressful, but the negative attention showed her in a perverse way, that her parents still cared. Even if only that they cared enough to want her to be shaped in the tiny mold they had created that no longer fit. As long as they cared, the window remained opened that she could some how adjust their thinking so that they cared about her the way that she needed, in a way that allowed her to be her own person.

But the last visit to their home had been explosive. Maybe they'd really decided they wanted to be done with her. And if that were the case, well...she wouldn't force anyone to love her. Leif had bolstered her with so much love and care she no longer felt inclined to beg anyone for affection. His affection was boundless and there for the taking and she didn't have to hunger for it. That was new for Lynne even back when she was in her parent's good graces. So if her folks thought the hell with her unless she changed her ways, she certainly reciprocated that feeling.

Onto happier things, and purchasing gifts for people who proved that they were worth the care she invested in them.

A few hours later, Lynne had shopping bags full of something for everyone, Moleskin notebook and pen for Janelle, lovely potted vase and seeds for her Linda, special recipe book and barbeque Tongs for Garrett, a wedding planning book for her brother and soon to be sister in law.

On the way out of the store, Lynne saw these beautiful, ceramic music boxes.

"Oh...wow...these are beautiful music boxes. I've never seen anything like these. My mom collects music boxes. But I bet she's never seen any like this," said Lynne.

"Probably not. You ready to go?" said Leif with a loud sigh.

Leif sounded irritated.

"Almost. But I think I want to see one of these music boxes," said Lynne.

"Well I think they look expensive, and I'm not buying anything else today, so let's go," said Leif.

He was being uncharacteristically sharp and he grabbed her arm as though he was going to force her out of the store.

First of all, she wasn't used to Leif telling her no about anything, even something he could barely afford if she showed interest in it, she often had to be the one to bring it to reality that they couldn't afford it. Second of all, she didn't like him rushing her, grabbing her arm and pulling her along like she was a little girl.

Sometimes because they blurred the lines of normalcy in their relationship and he let her be his "baby girl", it led to him treating her like she was a child with a short attention span if she wanted to do things that he wasn't interested in. As though he could distract her away from things that he found annoying. Most of the time she found this paternal behavior amusing, but not when his voice was angry when he was doing it. When he was doing it and his voice was loving that was one thing but he sounded irritated, which left her more determined to look at the music boxes!

"Hey babe, wait a minute. I just want to look!" said Lynne.

She turned around and flagged a sales associate.

They were beautiful, the music boxes.

The associate played the music box for her, and it sounded lovely.

Lynne was also delighted to find out that they were on sale, for seventy-five percent off the list price.

Leif was standing beside her sulking, the same way he'd been sulking when his parents bought them the Prius.

It didn't take a genius to figure out he was sulking about the music box.

"Oh come on. This might soften things up a little bit with my mom at least. I'll invite my mother out to tea, alone, without my father, and give this to her," said Lynne.

"Do you really think it's wise to buy a present for a woman who won't even stand up for you? Won't put you above her religion, and couldn't be bothered to demand her husband, your own father show you some respect," said Leif.

"Leif I'm not sure she really can stand up to my father but so much. I mean I think she's a bit scared of him. She believed me when I told her what happened with Martin and that's the most important thing. She believes me, even though he doesn't. Her mind is being controlled by him, and by the religion," offered Lynne.

She really didn't know whether her mother still wanted to have a relationship or not, but she owed it to her mother to face her head to head, and see if she really didn't want to have anything to do with her, or if the utter lack of a relationship was due to her father's controlling ways. If it was her father's doing, there was no need to reject her mother out of hand. She'd simply engage in a relationship with her mother behind her father's back!

The small token of a music box, given to her over tea, preferably alone would be a great way to gauge whether her mother wanted a relationship with Lynne alone or whether she would let the religion continue to dictate all aspects of her life, including her communication with her daughter.

"Sounds like you have Stockholm syndrome, and you're gonna keep making fucking excuses for them for the rest of their lives. This isn't what I thought we'd be doing in our marriage," said Leif.

"Look Leif, I don't wanna keep making excuses for them. But the fact remains, they are my parents whether we like them or not, you can't chose parents. You got lucky having such an awesome pair. I want to see if my own parents, or really my mom, are really determined not to have anything to do with me because of their religion tells them to shun me. If that's really their decision then I accept it, but I just can't be sure if it is really their decision, at least where my mom is concerned. She seemed like she still really cares but is holding back some, due to being afraid of my father. One thing I know Leif is that I can't chose my parents. They are always gonna be my parents, even if we are estranged. Even if we are estranged I can't help but hoping someday they will change. You never get to pick your parents," reiterated Lynne.

"You can't but you can certainly demand that they treat you well and that you deserve respect. Don't I fulfill you enough? Don't I make you feel like we are a loving family. Hell the two of us make a family that will never mistreat you, with bedtime stories, bubble baths, getting you ready for bed, listening to your fears, playing with you? That's what a family is about, not all the shit you've been telling me that sounds like abuse, which you've endured like a damn trooper through the years, from the moment you were a wee little girl, up to now," said Leif.

"Well you are right Leif. I have been to hell and back with my folks. And you are definitely right that I feel more feelings of love, and fulfillment, and family with you in the last six months that I have ever felt with them. But let me get the music box anyway. If nothing else it reminds me of my mother, and her love of music boxes, and maybe in a few months when the time is right, I can give it to her over lunch," said Lynne.

"I'm not going to let you use any of our money on a gift like that for a woman so undeserving of a gift. She let your father just spit in your face, walk all over you, and accuse you of lying when you were raped. Really two words describe how you should feel about her. Fuck Her..." said Leif.

Lynne's eyes widened because she knew he was being serious, and she didn't like him cursing her about her mother.

"I think you are crossing the line Leif, saying Fuck her to me, about my mother, right in my face, is really disrespectful," said Lynne.

"Do they respect you? Do your fucking parents respect you? Excommunicating you and encouraging people to ignore you in public? That's not protecting, it's not even respecting, and I'll be dammed if you spend any of our wedding money on someone who cares so little about your own welfare," demanded Leif.

"That's the key word there Leif. Our. Not yours alone. You can't just tell me what I can and can't spend our money on, half of that wedding money is mine," said Lynne.

"You're right, I can't tell you what to spend your money on!" shouted Leif.

And he did something she didn't expect. He opened up his wallet took out a huge wad of bills, keeping only a twenty for himself.

He stuffed the wad of money down her shirt into her bra. Normally when he touched her like this, Lynne tingled, but she would not allow herself to get aroused right now, because he was fondling her because he was angry and trying to show her that her body still belonged to him, despite how angry she felt. She fought with the response of her body, the sweet ache and warmth that spread through the curve of her breast and throbbed at her nipple at the slightest touch with his rough fingertips and an anger at her body for betraying her!

The betrayal of her body and being unable to restrain the primal lust she felt for her husband even through her anger made her furious with Leif! She hated that she could feel aroused for him and extremely angry at him at the same time. She'd never felt the juxtaposition of these two feelings and it confused and embarrassed her.

She flung his hand off of her breast.

"Don't grab me like that when you are mad at me! You can't tell me what to buy and what not to buy. Half the fucking money is mine, you use the other half to buy whatever else you want, but this half is mine, and I'm buying the music box with my money" shrieked Lynne, onlookers be dammed.

She took the money out of her bra near her nipple and counted off half of the money, and handed it to him.

Lei looked at the money she handed him as though it was dirty, and he didn't want to touch it.

He placed it limply on the counter and snatched another twenty dollars off the top.

"You sure as hell are right. You are a grown woman. I can't tell you what to buy. But I can tell you I'm tired of sitting by and silently watching while you let them break your heart again and again. Buy the whole damn store for them if you want but I refuse to watch you do it, or help you with any of it. I'm taking the last fourty, and I'm going to go have a drink at that bar up the street," said Lynne.

"So that's it so you're just gonna walk out just because I do something you don't like," said Lynne.

"I'm through protecting you if you don't want the protection Lynne, damn it! I'm only trying to do what's best for you and protect you from getting hurt. I guess you should know now that you are so determined to get her a souvenir, that Gladys tried to call you twice. Once yesterday and once today. I didn't tell you because I thought incorrectly, that you wouldn't want to be bothered on our blissful honeymoon. But oh how wrong I see I was, with you buying shit for them," said Leif.

"You screened my calls? And you lied to me! You made me think someone else was after me on my own phone and it was my parents? Leif, I know you like to protect me but screening my calls is out of line! You're treating me like you're my father, screening my phone calls! Plus you lied, what kind of messed up shit is that!" shouted Lynne.

"I just called myself protecting you when no one else has cared enough about you before to make that happen. Called myself trying to keep the honeymoon peaceful and something for you to remember it by. I was thinking back to how your parents ruined our first trip to Cali, and almost spat on our engagement announcement. I thought that if you found out about me keeping the phone call from you later, you'd be glad because you would realize a call from them would spoil our honeymoon. But now I see all the shit has done is caused a fight like everything about them, always manages to do," spat Leif.

"The phone call is not spoiling the honeymoon so much as your reaction to it is! I mean, how do you know that they are calling to ruin our honeymoon. They might be shitty, but they are my parents, for crying out loud Leif! What if one of them is in the hospital sick, or dead. It must be something urgent for them to reach out to me with the terms we left on, either good or bad!" said Lynne.

"Oh please Lynne, I know your controlling ass parents, and the three times you all have had anything to do with each other since I've known you it's always been crazy shit with them talking to you like shit, treating you like a little girl and putting their false religion before you. Why the hell would this time be any different sweetheart? Huh? I call myself protecting you from all that, I thought that was what you wanted from me,' said Leif.

"I want you to protect me but protect doesn't mean control, Leif. You had no right to screen my calls and not let me know anything about it. Leif what is wrong with you? I'm going to find out what they wanted, and I'm buying that damn music box!" shouted Lynne.

A few people in the store were looking at what was going on, apparently wanting to see why the handsome, tall, lean, blue eyed boy with dreadlocks was arguing loudly in public with his petite, fair skinned black wife. They were quite an odd, albeit attractive pair so their argument brought the attention of quite a bit of onlookers.

"I'm tired of this shit Lynne, go on and swing by the bar when you are ready to grow up and move on from this shit. If you want to buy them shit with the money it's fine. Don't throw it in my face. If you need help putting the bags in the car, tip one of the sales associates, they can provide you with help, I'm not straining myself putting any shit that you're getting for your parents in my car. If you want to call them, I don't give a shit, but I don't think it's wise, and I put forth a lot of effort to get you a clean number where you won't get harassed, so if you call them, you'd be wise not to use your brand new phone that costs hundreds of dollars. But you're a grown woman, do what the hell you want with your parents, I don't give a shit. Like I said, come by the bar when you are ready to go," said Leif gruffly.

And he stormed out of the store without so much turning around and looking at her.

***

mich80new
mich80new
166 Followers