Lyon's Den Ch. 03

Story Info
Mary's life is changing.
3.9k words
4.65
10.2k
1
0

Part 3 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/03/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
wilderness
wilderness
220 Followers

Mary floated on a warm cloud of satisfaction. Through the euphoric haze, she felt Daniel breathing against her neck as his inhalations slowed to normal. She had just stopped panting like all the oxygen had been sucked from the room. Orgasms with a partner were so much better than alone with a dildo.

Daniel's lips began to softly kiss down across her clavicle, down the slope of her breast, until they encased her still swollen nipple.

Mary gasped and shivered. Sparks flew to her clitoris and her eyes squeezed shut. "What are you doing?"

His index finger began to lightly twirl the other nipple. "You can't tell?"

She felt him smile against her skin, and then his lips tightened and sucked as another hand pushed down between them. When it reached its destination, Mary's hips jumped in response. This was another new experience. One and done, that's how it always worked before.

"Look at me."

Mary opened her eyes to see his warm smile. "When a man finds a woman irresistible, sometimes there's no waiting." His erection had softened, but now Mary felt him growing hard again, inside.

"Oh god!" All her nerve endings still tingled from the first time. Now this new mounting pleasure felt like Everest erupting like Vesuvius, an unimaginable explosion imminent.

When Daniel slowly pumped his hips, the squishy sound of their mixed juices created an erotic accompaniment to her unbridled moans. Soon he was pumping hard, holding her tight, chest to chest. He finally came again, but continued to gently thrust and finger her clit.

Mary's climax broke in a never ending skipping flood of peaks and valleys, until she laughingly said, "Please stop. I can't take anymore."

Once again, they lay in a warm embrace, caressing, kissing, and dozing. Daniel's cock finally deflated and withdrew. Mary felt the finality sad, but with no regrets. Now... what was there to say? Her physical needs sated, and her mind at peace, it felt like love, but it couldn't be. Was this new inner calm just the result of giving in to temptation?

Daniel lifted his head from her shoulder and kissed her lightly. "That was wonderful, Mary. Thank you."

"It was wonderful, wasn't it?" She kissed him back. "Thank you for being so... giving."

Stroking her hair, he said, "Oh, believe me, it was my pleasure."

Their lips met in a final, lingering kiss. Daniel rolled onto his back, and said, "I have an idea. Let's take my van and collect all of your art supplies, go to dinner, and come back here. We'll set up your studio together."

Mary rolled over, half covering him. "That sounds perfect." Cupping his cheek, she kissed him, sat up giggling, and said, "Where'd my panties go?"

They dressed watching each other, with no qualms about appearances. Daniel brushed her mussed hair with his fingers. "You are adorable."

She pushed him away, "Let's get going before we end up naked again."

Twenty minutes later, self-conscious Mary unlocked the door to her modest Cape Cod. "Excuse the clutter."

Daniel stepped inside and looked around. "What clutter? I know what it's like to live alone. There's no reason to put things away when it's not in anyone's way."

"I was much neater when Willie was here. I mean Will. My son doesn't want to be called Willie anymore, too childish." Mary felt a swell of emotion, and fought to control tears. Clearing her throat, she said, "All my art supplies are in the living room." She hurried ahead; moving forward was the best defense against reminiscing the past.

Daniel quietly followed. He seemed subdued. When Mary stopped in the middle of the room, he put his arm around her shoulders. "I think you will be much more productive in your own studio. This," he motioned around the room with his hand, "is not a creative atmosphere."

Bristling a little, Mary said, "Well, it's the best I could do."

Hugging her sideways, he kissed the top of her head, "I know. I meant no disrespect. Just looking forward to helping you free your mind."

She leaned her head on his shoulder. "Sorry. I guess I am a little defensive because I feel like a failure in so many things."

"Well you're not, Mary. You've succeeded against the odds." He spun her face to face, and said, "You're inspiring."

Her face reddened, as she felt the heat of his gaze, and thought, 'Inspiring what, promiscuity?' Walking away, she said, "I'll be right back."

Closing the bedroom door behind her, Mary sat on the bed, removed her jeans, and semen soaked panties. After staring at the stain and smiling, she threw them in the hamper. Opening her underwear drawer, she paused. This was the first time in years she wondered what panties to put on for a man who might see them that wasn't a doctor. She covered her mouth to stifle a giggle and picked the red ones.

Back in the living room, she said, "Okay, let's get this stuff loaded."

An hour later, they were on the road. "I think you'll like this restaurant," said Daniel. "The owner's a friend of mine, and an art collector. I'd like to show him some of your work, since we have it with us."

"You don't waste any time, do you." She glanced down at her jeans and blouse, "Am I dressed well enough?"

"Yes, you look fine. It's a rather bohemian place. They don't conform to social standards."

Mary swallowed hard, and said, "Why am I not surprised." After a thoughtful pause, she asked, "Are these people part of your... libertine crowd?"

Keeping his eyes on the road, he smiled, "Some are. Some aren't. I don't have sex with just any one, Mary." Turning to look at her, he continued, "You are the only person in my sex life now. But don't be shocked if some people we meet think you are available. I'll set them straight. Don't worry."

Once again, Mary grew warm with an awkward mix of titillation and repulsion. "Thanks for the warning."

They drove into an old area of the city, where young professionals congregate in renovated storefronts. There was a 1920's vibe mixed with LED technology.

Daniel pulled into a parking lot and opened his window. The attendant came out of his shack, barely fitting through the door. Tattoo sleeves covered arms the size of an ordinary man's legs. "Hi Boss, how's it hangin'?"

"Fine, Gary. How are you?"

"Couldn't be better." He bent down and looked across at Mary and smiled, "Good evening, Ma'am."

She shivered, "Hello."

Standing up, he slapped the van roof, "You know the way."

"Have a good night."

"You too."

Mary looked at Daniel, "Boss?"

He parked the van next to a wooden deck that used to be a loading dock. Daylight fading, a single bulb with a metal shade, held up by a goose neck bracket, illuminated a rivet covered door.

"I keep telling him to call me Dan, but I guess he wants to keep it formal. I own the lot and this building."

Stepping out of the van, Mary realized how little she knew about him. "So this is your restaurant?"

He punched in a code on a keypad and the door clicked open. "No I'm just the landlord." Holding the door open, he waved her in. "After you."

They walked down a short hall, through a swinging door, and into the dining room. Romantically lit by recessed lights and wall sconces, the room was large and open. Candles flickered on each table. A small, empty stage sat to the left of the door. What looked like original artwork covered most of the red brick walls.

"Wait here Mary. I want to find Martin, the owner."

She watched him walk toward the front of the room. As he passed tables, several people stopped him and exchanged pleasantries. Some glanced her way, smiling. She felt self-conscious, wondering if he was telling them she was off-limits. To avoid further discomfort, Mary began studying the abstract artwork closest to her.

A skeletal, long haired man dressed in black, stepped onto the stage. Mary turned to watch. Bending down, he picked up a microphone from the floor, flipped a switch on the bottom, and tapped it. It was on. Unfolding a paper napkin, he said, "A poem entitled, 'Too much hate'.

Why hate?

Life's a drink, inebriate.

Touch with affection,

Not with infliction.

Domination breeds annihilation.

Stench of hate in the air,

Suffocates everyone, everywhere."

He turned off the microphone, placed it in a corner, and left the stage, while the patrons snapped their fingers in applause.

Mary rolled her eyes and turned back to the painting, "Seriously? Beatniks still exist?"

Footsteps approached. She turned to see Daniel in the company of a young, pregnant woman. "Mary, I'd like you to meet Crystal. Crystal is Martin's life partner. Crystal, this is Mary."

They exchanged pleasantries, while Mary resisted asking the question, 'What is a life partner?' Obviously, it had a sexual component of some kind.

Still holding Mary's hand, Crystal said, "Martin is away on business, but I'm the interior decorator. Daniel suggested I may like to hang some of your work."

The word 'suggested' jumped out. Mary wondered if Crystal really had a choice. Was Daniel pulling the landlord card? Is he manipulating her? Is he manipulating me?

"I would be glad to show you my work and get your honest opinion. Would you like me to bring some inside?"

Crystal pulled Mary toward the back door, saying, "I'd really like to get some fresh air. I'll open the overhead door and turn on some lights."

Soon Mary's paintings were lined up along the deck rail as Crystal scrutinized each one. "You're very talented. I think we have room to hang four of these," she said, pointing at her selections. "If you want to sell them give me a price list. We charge ten percent commission on every sale."

After finalizing the deal, Mary and Crystal shook hands.

"By the way, Mary, do you paint portraits?"

Again, Mary looked suspiciously at Daniel, who acted oblivious. "I haven't lately, but I am interested in working on one."

"Great! Would you be willing to do me? I want to surprise Martin with a portrait while I'm pregnant," she said, rubbing her belly. "He seems to think I'm beautiful like this."

Mary smiled, "You are. But are you able to sit for long periods of time?"

Daniel broke his silence. "Would you be able to paint her from a photograph?"

"I suppose, if it captures the light the way I want it, and Crystal likes the pose."

"Daniel, do you have time to take my picture tomorrow morning?" asked Crystal. "Martin will be home after lunch."

"I do." He turned to Mary, "Can you come to the studio early tomorrow to set things up?"

Excited about her first commission, Mary said, "Absolutely. Can't wait. But if it turns out you don't like it please tell me."

Crystal glanced at Daniel and then the landscape paintings, and said, "I'm sure I'll love it."

Once again, Mary wondered about Daniel's part in this. Was he manipulating people behind the scenes? Was he the puppet master?

"It's settled. I'll come by the studio around 10:00," said Crystal.

Now that arrangements were finalized, Mary and Daniel put all but the four paintings that were staying back in the van, and then carried the four to a storeroom.

Placing his arm around Mary's waist, Daniel said, "This calls for a celebration. Are you hungry?"

Just the mention of food made her stomach rumble. "Starved."

By the hand, he led her back to the dining room. Instead of going to the front to be seated by the staff, Daniel went right to an open table next to the stage. "Best seats in the house," he said, holding Mary's chair while she sat.

"Thank you, sir." In the middle of the table there stood a place card that read 'Reserved'. Mary pointed, and said, "Are you sure we can sit here?"

"Positive."

In a matter of seconds, a twenty-something waitress with a basketball size afro approached, all smiles. "Hi, Danny. It's good to see you. How are you?"

"Fantastic, Monifa. How are you?"

She smiled coyly, and said, "Happy to be here with you."

The innuendo made Mary uncomfortable.

Appearing totally oblivious, Daniel said, "Monifa, this is my friend Mary. She's an artist. You'll see her work on the walls here soon, and in my gallery. If my instincts are correct, also in art galleries around the city."

With no indication of competitiveness, Monifa smiled and extended her hand. "Nice to meet you, Mary. Can I get you guys something to drink?"

Mary released the warm hand, and said, "Just water for me, thanks."

Monifa turned to Daniel, and asked, "The usual?"

"Not tonight. Just a Coke, no rum."

"Okay, coming right up."

"You must be an honored guest here. A reserved table. The waitress knows your drink," said Mary, feeling a little overwhelmed again. It was becoming a problem. She thought 'How do I fit in? What does he expect?'

Daniel leaned forward and rested his chin on his hand. He reached across and lay his palm open on the table. After a moment of hesitation, Mary placed her hand in his. "Am I making you uncomfortable, Mary?"

She smiled weakly. "A little... things are moving so fast. I don't feel in control. After being alone for so long, it feels unnatural."

His thumb slipped back and forth across her knuckles in a comforting gentleness. "I feel a little like that myself; out of my element, trying to win a beautiful woman's trust... and affection. Help me. Tell me what I'm doing wrong."

She sighed, "Nothing, it's just me. I wonder how I fit into your big world. Mine had only two people for ten years."

"You must have friends and family."

"I have a half-sister in Arizona, but we're not close. As for friends, not really. I go to work events now and then. I used to go to my son's school events, but that's over. I made William my life," she said, with a catch in her voice. Determined not to cry, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Daniel squeezed her hand. "Time to make a new life then, isn't it?"

Afraid to speak, she nodded agreement.

"Here you go," said Monifa, setting down their drinks. "Are you ready to order?"

"How about I order for both of us. Is that all right, Mary?"

Her voice wasn't ready for primetime. With whispered relief, she said, "Yes, thank you."

As he ordered for Mary, he looked to her for approval, guessing correctly on her taste in food, except for the salad dressing. "I'd prefer creamy blue cheese, please."

Daniel smiled, "No diet food for you, I take it?"

"This is a special occasion."

Monifa flipped her order book closed. "Great! I'll give this to the chef and Marty will bring it to you when it's ready." She placed a hand on Daniel's shoulder. "I'm going to dance tonight. I hope you enjoy the show."

"You'll be wonderful," he said, patting her hand.

Monifa practically danced away, and Daniel watched her departure with a wide grin.

"Have you slept with her?"

He turned to face Mary, and frowned. He looked angry, and then his face softened. "Is that important?"

"Yes."

"No, I have not."

"Have you seen her naked?"

Leaning back, he folded his hands in his lap, arched an eyebrow, and smiled. "As a matter of fact, I have. Are we going to do this every time you meet a friend of mine?"

Mary leaned her head on her hand, covering her eyes. "Sorry. Maybe we should just keep our relationship all business from now on."

Quiet moments passed, as Mary avoided eye contact with the man she wanted to know and, at the same time, was afraid to know. They chatted about impersonal subjects like the art on the walls until their meals arrived.

The food was delicious, and Mary was happy to chew and not have to talk.

Suddenly, a spotlight turned on and drums began to beat out an African rhythm. From behind a curtain a young black woman leapt onto the stage dressed in a skin tight leotard. It was Monifa. She performed a type of tribal dance that expressed fear, then battle, and finally victory.

Mary couldn't help noticing how the leotard left little to the imagination. Monifa's areolas and labia were clearly outlined by the thin fabric. Mary's face flushed from the stimulating performance, and thought how her own body had no comparison.

When the drums stopped and Monifa stood tall and straight in defiance, the audience applauded and cheered. She made a small bow and then scampered back behind the curtain.

Mary glanced at Daniel and found him staring at her. "Monifa's very talented," she said.

"And beautiful," said Daniel, picking up his fork.

"Yes, very." Mary returned to her meal, more uncomfortable than before.

The waiter returned to clear away their empty plates. "Can I interest you in dessert this evening?'

Without a questioning glance at Mary, Daniel said, "No thank you, Marty. Just the check, please."

The party must be over.

"I'll be right back with it," said Marty.

A fully dressed, bubbly Monifa appeared at their table. "Well, what did you guys think?"

Daniel took her hand. "It was tremendous. You have a bright future ahead of you. That was inspiring."

"Very moving," said Mary.

Monifa bent down and kissed his forehead. "Thank you so much for all you've done." She gave Mary a goodbye wave and bounced away.

Marty returned with the check, and soon Daniel and Mary were on their way.

Now dark outside, the ride was very quiet, until Daniel said, "Monifa was a baby when I saw her naked in a photograph."

Confused, Mary said, "What," suddenly afraid she'd become involve with a pedophile.

"You asked me if I have ever seen her naked. I did, when she was just an orphaned baby. You didn't ask when I saw her. You just assumed I'm a total letch."

She looked over at his shadowed face, "You knew her family?"

Eyes never leaving the road, Daniel explained, "Twenty years ago, my wife, Laura, was involved in a charity that helped orphans in Rwanda after the genocide ended. We couldn't have children of our own, so we began adoption proceedings."

When he paused, Mary saw him blink several times and swallow hard, trying to control past hurt.

"Laura became ill. The adoption never went through. I was in no condition to raise a child, but in my wife's memory, I have taken care of Monifa's financial needs, kind of a godfather role. When she came of age, Monifa moved here. I help her with dance school tuition." He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "The name Monifa means 'I am the fortunate one'.

Mary reached over and touched his arm, "That's very kind of you, Dan. She is very talented."

Clearing his throat and still keeping his eyes on the road, he said, "I'm sorry that what you know about me has made you think the worst."

"I'll try to keep an open mind from now on. We are still in the 'getting to know you' stage of our relationship."

He smiled. "Relationship... I like the sound of that."

Mary felt her face warm, and was glad it was too dark to see her blush.

A few minutes later, they pulled up behind Mary's car, parked in front of the Lyon's Den gallery. Placing a hand on her knee, he gave it a gentle squeeze. "You could spend the night here. It would save you the drive in the morning."

Mary patted his hand. "Thanks, but I think I should go home. I need some time to digest all that's happened today." She leaned toward him over the center console. Daniel met her halfway. It was a friendly goodnight kiss. She placed her hand on his cheek, and said, "Thank you for a wonderful day, Dan."

"It was a wonderful day. Thank you, for letting me introduce you to the local art world. I'm going to enjoy watching your work progress." He pulled out a pen and a business card, and began to write on the back. "You remember where the door to my apartment is, don't you?"

"Yes."

"Here is the keypad code. Come around 8:00am and I'll make you breakfast." He held out the card to her. "You'll need it anyway, when you want to work in your studio and I'm not here."

Instead of asking, 'How many other women have this code', Mary asked, "What about the front door to the gallery?"

wilderness
wilderness
220 Followers
12