Makara Ch. 02

Story Info
Makara struggles for control and learns of betrayal.
10.5k words
4.54
7.8k
11

Part 2 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/28/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tara2977
Tara2977
62 Followers

Editor's note: this story contains scenes of incest or incest content.

*****

Author's note: Have patience with me everyone! There's not much in the way of sexy bits in this chapter, but there is more coming, I promise!

If you haven't already, please read Makara Ch. 01!

*****

Part 2

I hadn't slept much, still thinking everything that had happened tonight must be my imagination; some hallucination my rage addled mind had conjured up when Rodan basically told me it was his mission to ensure I was unhappy for the rest of my life. Afterall, how could it be real? How could everything have changed so quickly?

I sat on the bed, trying to avoid the prospect of leaving the room. I knew on the other side of the door, was Silas. Seeing Silas again would leave no room for doubt. It would force me to acknowledge that this was, in fact, real.

I normally kept my behavior in check, something that my father insisted I do, particularly in public. I thought back over the events of the last eighteen hours. In that time, I had challenged my brother and Alpha, verbally purging my rage in what was apparently the worst possible way; got myself off to the idea of fucking my brother; been threatened with rape twice, and murder half a dozen times; attempted to seduce my would-be rapist assassin, instead, allowing him to seduce me; begged said assassin to take me and felt true disappointment when he pulled away and ran away with the Alpha of our rival pack to a life in which I had no idea what to expect.

"I'm not attracted to my brother," I said to myself getting off the bed to look out the window. "And I only let Silas seduce me so he would let me live." I tried to pretend I didn't know how much of that was a lie.

'I would rather you be alive and miserable, than happy and dead.'

Rodan's words played in my head again and I knew I had made the right choice in leaving.

Deciding it was time to face Silas, and whatever else was waiting for me in this life, I turned and marched towards the door. I nearly jumped out of my skin as I reached for the doorknob and a high pitched noise rang out through the room.

It took me a moment to determine the ringing was my cellphone. I looked to the bed where, after a futile attempt to distract myself with games, I had tossed it. Picking it up, I read the name on the call display and slid my finger on the screen to accept.

"Rodan."

"Walter tells me you're not in your room." Came my brother's calm voice, masking the anger I knew he was hiding.

"Does he? And what would Walter be doing in my room to acquire such knowledge?"

"I tasked him with retrieving you."

"So you haven't been to my room then? Is that too much effort for you?"

"It's simply a waste of my time. I have responsibilities, as do you."

"I thought my only responsibility was pretending to be the helpless little daughter of an Alpha."

"Exactly. The feast is tomorrow. Your place is by my side with your mouth shut, where everyone can see you, but not hear you. The pack needs to see that you support me."

"But I don't."

"That's irrelevant."

"Are you sure? You schemed your way into my title and although the pack allowed it, they still look to me for support of their decision. They know they betrayed me and they want me to tell them it's okay. That is our human side, brother, the need to have our decisions validated, to remove ourselves from the responsibility of our choices. What do you think will happen if I don't say it's okay? If I publicly show my lack of support for you? If I declare myself the true leader of the pack? How much discord do you think it will sow?"

"So you mean to start a pack war?" Rodan chuckled. "Is it not enough that we barely have peace with the other packs and races? Wolves from all over are disappearing and you would make their homes unsafe as well? Very well, sister," he spat the word at me. "If a war is what you want then I will not stop you from instigating one. However, I do ask that you keep one thing in mind. You may have the support of a goodly portion of the pack, most of the pack even. But the Warriors are sworn to obey and protect the Alpha, to obey and protect me. Do you think they would abandon their oaths so quickly? Would you pit the common wolf against those who have trained in combat for years?"

I knew starting a pack war, fighting for what was mine, would cost too many lives. If innocent lives had to be sacrificed for what I wanted, it wasn't worth it and he knew that.

"You know that I wouldn't."

"So we're finally agreed on something. Now hurry up, we need to go over the specifics for the feast and unfortunately you need to be there."

"I'm not going."

"Oh really? And what would you have me tell the pack?"

"Tell them whatever you want. Tell them you killed me."

"I'm not joking. Get to my office immediately, I'm not wasting time searching the estate for you."

"I'm not on the estate."

"Don't play games with me, Makara, where else would you go?"

"Oh come on, Rodan, you're smarter than you look and there's a big enough clue. I'm sure if you try really hard, you'll figure it out."

I ended the call, rolling my eyes.

Swinging open the door, I scoffed as my phone began to ring again. I swiped away the call and continued through to the living room.

Silas was already awake. He sat shirtless, his bare shoulders visible over the back of the couch. I wandered around to the large armchair across from him, sinking into it, trying to avoid raking my eyes over his exposed muscles.

I watched as he read the file in his grip, his other hand curled casually around a mug of coffee. The muscles in his arm flexed as he brought the hot beverage up to his mouth.

I cleared my throat, trying to get his attention. He peered at me over the top of his file and I shot him an awkward smile.

"Sleep well?" He questioned, tossing the file on the couch beside him.

I was relieved he had spoken first. If I were perfectly honest, I had no idea what to say. We hadn't talked much when we arrived last night. He pointed me in the direction of my room and then locked himself in his. I wasn't sure what was expected of me, or what I expected of him.

Before I could respond, there was a loud ping from my phone. Begrudgingly, I read the message that had come through.

"I AM YOUR ALPHA! YOU CANNOT DISOBEY ME LIKE THAT!"

My head began to hurt as message after message rolled in.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

"DON'T THINK FOR A SECOND THAT I WON'T FIND YOU!"

"ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW OR I WILL TEAR YOUR ROOM APART!"

"I suppose Rodan has figured out you've left."

"Yes, he has. He wants me to go to his accession feast tomorrow." Sighing, I turned my attention back to the calm, rational Alpha in front of me. "He wants to parade me around as a loving, supportive sister."

"And you don't want to go."

"No I don't. He just wants me back under his control, so he can make sure that I'm miserable.

"And to avoid a pack war, right?"

My eyes narrowed at him and he smiled.

"You were eavesdropping?"

"Wolf hearing," he began, chuckling. "Plus, your room's only 5 steps behind me. I don't think I could have avoided it if I tried."

It was really inconvenient being unshifted. It made it difficult to judge what hearing distance was. I made a mental note not to take any personal phone calls if there was a chance Silas was nearby.

"Anyway, there isn't much risk of a pack war," I started, ignoring his intrusion into my privacy. "Unless I'm there to publicly denounce his accession, he'll make up some excuse for my absence." My phone continued to ping as I finished speaking.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, MAKARA!"

"DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU'RE SAFER WITH HIM THAN YOU ARE WITH ME?"

I swiped away another attempted phone call, rolling my eyes before settling them back on Silas.

"Has he figured out where you are yet?"

Before I could answer, he reached for his phone that began vibrating on the table.

"I guess that answers that question." He pressed a button on his phone and raised it to his ear.

Rodan didn't wait for Silas to greet him.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I was glad to see that his anger caused his voice to echo through the phone. I didn't need sensitive wolf ears to hear him.

"Right this moment? I'm trying to have a conversation, but it keeps getting interrupted."

"You kidnapped my sister." Rodan said, ignoring Silas' flippant remark.

"I did? Are you sure? Doesn't kidnapping involve some kind of force? I can assure you, she came very willingly. Begged me to take her, in fact." He winked at me, knowing Rodan wouldn't realize the double meaning of his words. I felt heat rush to my face.

"Is this you measuring your dick against mine? You think you're better because you came into my home and stole my sister away in the middle of the night?"

"Come now, Rodan. I have no interest in the size of your dick. Besides, that would be much like comparing twigs to logs, wouldn't it?" Silas smiled as a growl reverberated through the phone. "You should just be happy she's alive. I had intended to kill Makara, but she can be quite...persuasive" Silas dragged out the word, letting it hang in the air, dripping with innuendo.

"Are you telling me you fucked her?"

"That's not what I said. But, I will admit she is a tempting treat, isn't she? I'm sure you've noticed." I looked away, my cheeks burning as he eyed me.

"I am the Alpha of your rival pack. You can't think it's a good idea to piss me off."

"Honestly, I'm not all that worried. You're very young, very inexperienced. You don't have the balls to attack me directly. Even if you did, I wouldn't hesitate to separate your skeleton from the rest of you."

"You were not so careless with your words when my father reigned."

"Yes, well, your father was as ruthless as I am, if not more so. And maybe you will be too, one day. But not now."

"My Warriors remain as strong as when my father commanded them."

"I'm sure they are. But should any of them cross into my territory without my prior knowledge, that would be an act of war and I promise you that I will retaliate, in full force. When your father was alive, your pack had the stronger Alpha. It was only a small difference in our prowess, but a difference none the less. My pack has always had the stronger army. Now that Rune is dead, we are superior in both aspects. Do you want to risk years of peace and the lives of every Wolf under your command?"

"Do I want to risk it? Did you not already throw our treaty out the window when you entered my home? When you took my sister? I would ask how you even managed such a feat but I don't think you'd tell me. It was, no doubt, some underhanded scheme, since you obviously lack the courage to face me directly. You rely on the cover of darkness to protect you."

Silas chuckled from deep in his chest.

"It's cute that you think this has anything to do with you. The treaty states that no army shall step foot in another pack's territory without authorization, it says nothing about Alphas. Had I successfully killed Makara, I suppose that could be seen as an act of war, but since she's sitting right across from me, I don't think the committee will see it as such."

"You still kidnapped her."

"Do I need to get you a dictionary? I did not kidnap her. I rescued her. She told me of your wandering hands, and your overeager pelvic assault. No wonder she wanted to get out of there."

"How I demonstrate my dominance over my pack is none of your business." Rodan growled. "And I'll have you know that no matter what she claims, my so called assault had the air filled with the scent of her."

"And eliciting that reaction is not enough, you need to tell me about it as well? Would you have me praise you? Very well. Exemplary work in arousing your sister, Rodan. Although, I had a very similar experience with her and I believe her delicious scent was rewarding enough. I don't require a pat on the back."

I stared at Silas, dumbfounded as he spoke.

"Maybe you could change the subject?" I whispered, desperately hoping to avoid any more references to my recent behavior.

Aggravatingly, Silas only smiled in response.

"You broke into my home!" Rodan shouted, reaching for something that would put him at an advantage over Silas, who seemed to have an answer for everything.

"Now that, I did. And you have my most humble apologies," Silas said with some semblance of sincerity. "However, that still wouldn't be considered an act of war in the eyes of the committee. Merely an infraction of the treaty, for which I will happily pay whatever monetary fine they deem adequate. You can bring it up at the next meeting. You are coming, aren't you?"

The line went mostly quiet, the only thing to be heard was Rodan's breath as he forced it angrily through his nostrils.

"Yes, I will be there." I didn't have to see him to know that Rodan's teeth were clenched. "And you can arrange for the return of my sister at the same time. She'll be leaving with me when the meeting is over."

Silas glanced over to me and I quickly shook my head.

"It looks like she's declined your invitation so I don't think I'll be doing that."

"Don't be ridiculous, Silas! She belongs here. What would you even do with her?"

"I'm not sure yet. I might give her a position here, or put her in one. Employ her advanced training somewhere useful, or enjoy her talents elsewhere." His eyes never left me as he listed the options. I knew he was choosing his words carefully, to get a rise out of Rodan. But, a part of me felt like he was talking directly to me. "But, whatever I decide is none of your concern. Why are you so worried, Rodan? She wants to be here and isn't she just a constant threat to your title? Why not be glad to have her so far away, where she can't meddle in your affairs."

"She does not threaten me."

"I think we both know that she does. But, no matter, my patience for this conversation is virtually gone, so unless you plan on declaring war, I'll be going now."

Without giving Rodan a chance to respond, Silas ended the call. I immediately felt sorry for Rodan's phone, which I expected, from what I knew of him, had just experienced a violent impact with the wall.

Getting up from his spot on the couch, Silas walked his empty mug through an archway that I assumed led to the kitchen. Following him, I discovered I was correct.

"Thank you."

"For what?" He asked, placing his mug in the sink and turning to face me.

"For taking me with you last night, and for not sending me back to Rodan." He watched me for a moment before responding sincerely.

"You're welcome."

"But, ummm..." I began shyly. "I can't help but wonder, I mean Rodan brought up a good poi-"

"Out with it."

"What exactly, do you plan on doing with me?" I blurted.

"What do you want me to do with you?" His voice was sultry as he stepped towards me.

I found my back against the wall. I silently scolded myself for allowing Silas to get me in such a submissive position. I had been in this position far too many times in recent events, even if one of them was in my dream.

I swallowed, trying to steel my nerves.

"I quite liked the idea of having a position of some sort, of using my advanced training." I resisted lifting my hands to trace the thin trail of hair that disappeared beneath his waist line.

He placed his hands on the wall to either side of me. Leaning in, he didn't touch me, but was close enough for me to feel the heat radiate from his body.

"You seemed pretty eager for option two last night."

Memories of his touch flooded me. I had caved yesterday, but I could be stronger. I didn't want him, not romantically and therefore, not sexually. But, he was an Alpha, my Alpha now. And unlike Rodan, he deserved his title and everything that came with it, which included the pack's respect and obedience.

"To be fair, I did think I was about to die. I wanted to experience a man and that would have been my last opportunity."

"And what do you want now? Do you still want to experience a man?"

My breathing became faster, trying to keep up with my speeding heart. I was at war with myself. I wouldn't hesitate to barter away my innocence if I felt like I had no other choice. But, if it were my decision, I had always imagined my first time being with my mate. I didn't want to sleep with Silas, not really.

The real problem was telling Silas I didn't want him. My body was betraying me, I knew it, and from the way his nostrils flared, he knew it too. I felt a longing in my core. A pull to have him pressed against me. I ached with the need to feel him, to have him feel me.

He wanted me, as clearly as the bulge in his pants. Should I deny him so that I can stick to my ideals? Would I be able to? Would I even want to?

"No. Well, I mean, yes, I do." I began, stumbling over my words. "But, I've really always pictured my mate being my first and before you say anything, I know I offered you my innocence, but I didn't offer to be your sex slave so I would really appreciate it if you found a different role for me, plus you chose to forgo the opportunity to relieve me of my virtue and I hardly think it's reasonable to expect a raincheck for such an offer."

I took a deep breath as I realized I had been ranting.

I was a little nervous about how Silas would react. Up until now, it hadn't really bothered me to question him, he seemed to find it more amusing than anything. But that was before. Now that he had refused to send me back to Rodan, he was MY Alpha. And even though my first interaction with him was a death threat, I respected him, more than I ever did Rodan. I didn't want to speak out of turn, I didn't know how he would respond to a member of his pack refusing him like that.

"Okay." He moved away from me, leaning on the counter behind him and crossing his arms.

I watched his shoulders ripple as his arms moved, his biceps bulging from their new bent position.

"Sorry, what?" I snapped my attention back to his face. "Okay? That's it?"

"Yes, okay. What did you expect?"

"I don't know. Anger at my defiance, a punishment of some kind for speaking out of line, or yelling something along the lines of 'how dare you disobey my order'"

"Have I given you an order? I'm pretty sure I only asked you a question. Why would I punish you for answering?"

"Because I don't want to have sex with you."

"There are lots of women who don't want to have sex with me." Silas chuckled. "There are lots who do. And even though it seems like you're right on the line between the two groups, I won't force you. Trust me, I have no need to force people into my bed."

I breathed a sigh of relief as he continued talking.

"Makara, most people tell me what they think I want to hear. It's exhausting trying to peal back the layers of what someone says to try and discover what they mean. I like that I haven't had to do that with you, even if it only started because of our deal. So I propose that we extend that arrangement. When we're alone, in this suite, I will always be truthful, so long as you hold yourself to the same standard. There will be no repercussions for your words, even if I don't like them. I know you're coming into the pack under unusual circumstances and I think this will make the transition of everything easier and make things more...interesting."

The way he said the last word sent the butterflies in my stomach into a flutter. I nodded my agreement to his offer, voicing it after an impatient look from Silas.

"Yes, I agree. Let's extend the arrangement."

"Very good." He took a step closer to me. "Then in the spirit of honesty, I must tell you that I want very much to sleep with you. I said I wouldn't force you, and I meant that. But if it were up to me, you would be warming my bed right now."

Tara2977
Tara2977
62 Followers