Makara Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tara2977
Tara2977
61 Followers

"Women have needs too," he called after me, chuckling, as I closed the bathroom door.

I didn't hesitate to strip off my clothes and turn on the shower. Tilting my head back, I let the water soak into my hair and flow down my back in rivulets. The hypnotic sound of the water lulled me into a calm, my thoughts beginning to wander freely.

Instantly, my mind was back in the living room. Before I could decide against it, I was picturing what it would feel like to take him in my mouth, what he would taste like. I was quick to admonish myself, I couldn't let myself think about Silas that way.

As a treacherous loophole, my brain exchanged father for son. I was not as quick to shake this thought away. Although he had been very difficult to work with so far, and was basically an asshole in all of our interactions, Cade was, afterall, my age, incredibly physically attractive and most importantly, had not made it a personal goal to hit on me every moment we were together. Additionally, although I could easily recognize his virility, I had no unrelenting urge to open my legs for him, making the danger of me actually doing so very low.

I allowed myself to indulge in the thoughts, feeling safe and secure in my choice of subjects. Picturing Cade standing above me, I brought my hand between my legs as the heat began to build. I tried to imagine what sounds, what faces he would make, as I teased myself. Personal experience with my actions brought me to the edge very quickly. My muscles tensed and I rocked my hips into my hand as my body convulsed in pleasure. It was a wave of heat that started in my core and reached from the ends of my toes to the tips of my fingers.

Satisfied, I quickly finished my shower. I pulled on my fresh clothes, a form fitting pair of shorts and a casual t-shirt, perfect for training. Blow drying my hair, I pinned it up with a butterfly clip before grabbing my old clothes and wet towel and heading for my room.

As I left the bathroom I saw Silas still on the couch, his pants thankfully back in place and fastened. He sipped at a coffee, reading his customary file. Emery sat quietly next to him on the couch.

Noticing me as I crossed the living room, she scooched in closer to him, trying to get his attention.

I rolled my eyes and made quick work of the items in my hands, throwing my clothes in a heap on my floor and hanging the wet towel on the back of my door.

As I moved back through the living room I could see Emery press herself against Silas, teasing the skin at his neck, trying to get a reaction. She glanced at me as I walked by, redoubling her efforts to get Silas to acknowledge her. I knew she wanted to keep his attentions off me, likely jealous he had basically offered to make me cum as she was performing her services.

Sliding my feet into my shoes, I heard her call his name quietly. He gave her an annoyed grunt in response, not looking up from the file in his hand.

A devious, petty smile crept onto my face as a thought occurred to me. Bending over, making sure Silas would have a good view, I pulled one of my shoe laces loose and feigned tightening it, before starting to tie it back up.

I looked over to the couch, pleased to see they were both already looking my direction. Silas staring intently at my ass, high in the air, and Emery staring daggers between Silas and me.

"Silas?"

His eyes flicked over to my face as I spoke.

"Yes?" Emery's face tightened in a frown as he responded, and he promptly returned his gaze to my upturned behind.

"I just wanted to remind you that I had that book from your library in my bedroom, in case you need it." I pulled the bow on my lace tight and straightened myself out.

Silas watched me for a moment before giving me a subtle nod, returning to pouring over his file. Emery attempted to drive death straight through me with naught but her eyes. I smiled at her, blowing her a malevolent kiss before turning and walking out the door.

I watched the illuminated number count down the floors as I rode the elevator to the basement.

I had met Cade every morning since I got here for training. I enjoyed it immensely, although I could have done with a more enthusiastic instructor. Cade made it seem as though the whole thing was nothing but an inconvenience to him. But, it made me feel like I was taking some control back in my life, not allowing my skills to remain where my father and brother preferred them, so I tolerated him.

Stepping out of the elevator, I quickly walked down the hallway and threw open the doors to the training room. Noticing Cade immediately, I moved to our usual sparring mat where he and Bash were already grappling.

They didn't seem to notice me as I walked up beside them. Cade turned, flipping Bash over his shoulder. The movement revealed a prominent scar running diagonally across the otherwise flawless flesh of his bare back. I hadn't thought of it before, but this was the first time I had seen Cade without a shirt, except of course for the brief appearance he had made in my dream, and then again in my thoughts during my shower, it had not been his back I was interested in. I blushed as I remembered my earlier actions.

Sitting on the ground, I stretched out my legs, loosening my muscles for my training. I watched them as they began a new match, noticing how Bash kept his body low, hoping to avoid being thrown over Cade's shoulder again.

A cheery face appeared beside me and I jumped in surprise.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." The face spoke sweetly. "You must be Makara."

"Um, yes," I replied, reaching out to shake her offered hand.

"I'm Tal, Bash's mate. And this," she moved her hands to her slightly rounded belly. "Is our little pup."

"Oh wow, congratulations. Bash didn't ment-"

"I know," She interrupted, her excitement spilling into her actions. "We decided not to announce it until we told my parents. But I just got back, so now we're telling everyone!"

"Oh right. Bash did say you were away."

"Yeah, just in Amrita's territory. It's beautiful there. Have you ever been?"

"Amrita? No, I haven't. Honestly, I don't know that much about her. Just that she keeps herself and her pack pretty secluded."

"Oh she does, but that's where I'm from and my parents still live there. It's a few hours away but Henry was nice enough to offer to drive me. Do you know Henry?"

I smiled as her contagious energy drew me in. Tal seemed so friendly and full of life, but I couldn't help but think that after a conversation with her, one might feel exhausted as she jumped from subject to subject.

"Yes, I know Henry." I thought of the old man who drove the night Silas came to kill me. He was always ready with a wave and a friendly smile. I had made a note to always reciprocate as it seemed most others didn't notice the frail human.

"He's just the sweetest. He tells me I remind him of his daughter."

It occurred to me that I had not been paying attention to the sparring match when Bash came walking up to us.

"Hi Makara, I see you've met Tal." He laughed as his mate flung herself into his sweaty arms. "I'd love to stay and chat, but there's something, or rather, someone, I'd love to do more, so, bye." I chuckled as he turned to usher Tal out of the training room.

"Oh, wait. Makara, are you coming to our party tomorrow?" Bash pouted as Tal turned back around.

"Party?"

"You didn't invite her?" She gave Bash a playful slap to his arm.

"I kind of assumed Cade did. They've been spending so much time together."

"I don't exactly have a choice in that," Cade grumbled.

"I've been planning it for weeks," Tal said, decidedly ignoring Cade's comment. "We're going to make the big announcement and there will be lots of food and games."

"Sure. That sounds like fun."

"Great! Get the details from Cade." She called out behind her as Bash practically carried her out of the room.

"So who won?"

"Weren't you watching?" He asked in a tone that told me he already knew the answer.

"No, I was talking to Tal."

"And you wonder why your skills are so subpar." He didn't answer my question.

I had gotten used to his casual insults over time, so I ignored him as he padded over to the bench. Picking up a bottle of water, his back was to me and I could see the angry mark in more detail. The raised white line ran from his left shoulder blade to just above his right hip, splitting his back into two, almost perfect halves.

He lifted the water bottle to his mouth, taking a long swig of the refreshing liquid. I watched in fascination as his muscles pulled at the skin on his back, tightening with his movements.

"Stop."

I jumped, surprised by the sudden noise of Cade's voice cutting through the silence. I felt embarrassment paint my face as I realized I had been too focused on his back to notice him looking at me. The single word needed no further explanation as his tone told me I had been caught.

"Stop?" I asked, playing innocent, trying to cover my tracks. "Stop what?"

He practically glared through me, huffing as he walked past me onto the mat.

Taking his lack of response as an open door, I tried to press him for more details.

"So where did you-"

"No." He cut me off, watching me with a cold gaze from the other side of the mat. We stared at each other silently for a moment, both of us feeling the tension in the room.

"What do you mean 'no'? I didn't even finish my question." I tried one more time to pry the information from him, curiosity driving me forward.

"Just no," He put an immediate stop to my questioning. "Now get up."

Sheepishly, I realized I was still sitting on the ground and rose slowly to my feet.

Cade ran at me full force, catching me off guard. Instinctively, I put my hands out to stop the onslaught. Cade slowed as he neared me, surprising me by grabbing my wrist and wrenching my body to the side. I felt something touch my feet and was suddenly on the ground on my hands and knees, my hair falling around my face.

I heard the sound of snapping plastic and looked at Cade just in time to see him tossing aside the broken shards of my hair clip. Annoyed that he was toying with me, I launched myself at him with no regard for where I might hit, simply looking to make contact.

He easily side stepped me. I felt his hand grip my hair and a pain in my scalp as I hit the mat again, this time on my back.

Rubbing the sore spot on the back of my head, I stood as Cade paced away from me.

"What the hell was that?" I asked, my pride wounded.

He ignored me.

"That's not how we've been doing things, Cade."

"That's right. In the past I was pulling my punches before I made contact, using fear to teach you."

"I'm not afraid of you."

"Apparently." He lifted his hands in front of him as if to mount another assault. So as not to be surprised again, I mirrored him. "I thought fear of getting hit might teach you to keep your elbow down," he lunged to my left, making swift contact with my ribs. I grunted, and tucked in my elbow. "That it might teach you to keep your weight balanced between both your feet." He stepped to my left, quickly switching and going right instead. I stumbled as I tried to follow him and he graced me with a kick to the back of the leg.

There was a blur of movement as I tried to reorient myself. I felt his solid chest pressed against my back and memories of my dream flooded me. I was brought back to the current moment as a sharp pain snapped my head back, his strong fingers winding through my hair, twisting the length into thick ropes. He leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"Or that it might teach you to never let your opponent get behind you." He released me and gave me a rough shove forward. "But, you're not afraid, Makara, so pain will be your teacher. You fuck up, you get hurt."

I didn't want to admit that he was right; my training was going slower than I would have liked, and the threat of pain would probably help me learn faster.

"And I suppose breaking my hair clip was some sort of lesson as well?" I questioned him, reaching for something I didn't think he'd be able to explain, something I'd thought he'd done just to piss me off.

"Yes."

"Really?" I looked at him incredulously. "Breaking the clip was not scary, and it was only painful when you pulled my hair. I think you just wanted another way to show that you're better than me."

He sighed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Do you wear your hair like that every day?"

I looked at him, trying to figure out what he had actually said because I had obviously heard him wrong. The surprise at his sudden interest in my hair styles lasted a few moments before I realized he was watching me expectantly, waiting for an answer.

"No, why would-"

"And do you plan on chopping all your hair off?"

"Of course not, I-"

"Then it's a weakness, and you need to learn to defend yourself despite your weaknesses. Not every fight you get into is going to be planned, Makara, you won't always have time to tie your hair back."

I planted my hands on my hips, annoyance at his logical argument tempting me to be contrary.

"Hair pulling is a dirty trick. No honorable person would do that."

"And you think everyone you fight will be honorable?" He scoffed. "When pulling your hair is the difference between you killing them and them killing you, do you think your opponent would hesitate?"

"Well, you seemed to take more pleasure in it than was absolutely necessary."

"Hmm?"

"You made it intimate."

"Fighting IS intimate, Makara."

"You made it sexual."

"Did I?"

"Yes, when you...pressed against me, and whispered in my ear."

He stalked towards me, taking slow, deliberate steps, stopping only when he stood directly in front of me.

"It wasn't MY scent that filled the room."

My cheeks flushed in embarrassment. I hadn't considered that Cade would be able to recognize my scent. I admonished myself for missing such an obvious fact; if Silas could pick up on it then of course Cade could as well.

I searched for an argument, any argument, that might hold up against his logical assault, settling on one not much better than 'I'm rubber, you're glue'."

"Just because I can't smell YOUR arousal, doesn't mean it's not there. Don't act like that positioning didn't affect you."

"You're deluded if you think that. You should put as much effort into filling the gap between your ears as the one between your thighs."

"What the hell does that mean?" I asked, taken aback by the toxicity of his words.

"Why don't you ask my father? I'm sure he'd be happy to demonstrate for his newest fuck toy."

"Is that what you think? That I fuck Silas?"

"It's what everybody thinks." He watched me appraisingly.

My confusion at his revelation was quickly outweighed by my anger. How dare he assume to know anything about me, or my situation.

"Fuck you, Cade," I lashed out, the words spilling from my mouth before I had a chance to filter them. "Not that it's any of your business, but I've never fucked Silas, nor anybody else. Sure, I've thought about it, but I can't be blamed for where my mind goes, that's hardly in my control. And yeah, I've dreamt about it, but who cares, I dream about sex all the time. Dreams don't mean anything, even you've been in my-" I clamped my mouth shut, finally realizing what I was about to say, and who I was about to say it to.

His eyes widened and he straightened awkwardly, his back becoming stiff and unbending.

"We're done here." He marched to the bench, not wasting any time in throwing his shirt over his shoulder before grabbing his bag and storming towards the door.

"What?" I was once again confused by the nonsensical noise released from Cade's face. "We've barely been here ten minutes."

"Training's cancelled tomorrow too," he shouted behind him as he shouldered through the doors.

I stood in stunned silence for a moment, unsure if I had heard him correctly. Regathering control of my body, I took off after him.

"Cade?" I pushed past the heavy door into the empty hallway, cursing that Cade, shifted as he was, was much faster than me; I had no chance of catching him.

Reaching down, I grumbled as my fingers brushed over the flat fabric of my empty pocket; I had left my phone upstairs. Unable to catch him, or contact him, I decided I didn't have much choice but to go home.

I was seething. That Cade would think so little of my training to be able to put such an immediate stop to it was unacceptable to me. I walked through the hallway towards the elevator, but the stairs beckoned to me, the exertion of climbing them promising to burn away at least some of my anger.

Although I ascended quickly, taking the stairs two at a time, I knew it would be a while before I reached the top. Cade's words replayed in my head, the implications becoming obvious the more I thought about it. Despite my struggle to avoid doing just that, everybody assumed I was here to spread my legs for Silas.

I stewed with the thought, frustrated and annoyed that my actions didn't seem to matter as much as people's assumptions. I wondered if Silas knew what people talked about, suddenly feeling the need to confront him about it.

The climb hadn't done as much as I'd hoped to curb my mood, instead bolstering the aggravation I felt. My limbs burned as I pushed them to maintain the pace my frenzied thoughts had set.

After a few minutes, disguised by my adrenaline as hours, I reached the top floor, taking a quick moment to catch my breath. I intentionally walked slowly, but steadily down the hallway toward our suite, hoping to give myself enough time to prepare what I would say, having apparently overlooked the need for words on my way up. I had settled on a stern but direct question as I shoved open the doors to the library, pointing myself in the direction of Silas' study. The second I crossed the threshold, my carefully chosen inquiry fled my brain, leaving me an angry, panting mess in the middle of the room.

Silas barely acknowledged me, sparing a fleeting glance over a pair of glasses I had never seen him wear. They aged him. For a moment I wondered where Emery was, concluding that she must have been sent away.

"Did you know everybody thinks we're fucking?" I blurted, more aggressively than I had planned.

He didn't look up from his papers. I watched the top of his pen wiggle as he made a note and then turned over the page.

"I assumed."

"Why would everybody think that?" I asked, incredulously, "We're not fucking."

"No," he stated calmly, "but word travels fast around here. I would think, by now, most people know that I went to the estate to kill you that night, and instead, moved you in. How many reasons can you think of that I would do such a thing?" He studied the pages in front of him, not bothering another glance in my direction.

"So that's why you brought me here then? For sex?"

He dropped his pen, clasping his hands on the desk and looking up at me.

"Makara, I brought you here because YOU asked me to, and I've made it no secret that I want you warming my bed. However, you may have noticed that despite your insistence against said activity, you're still here. You're not dead, so lack of horizontal positioning aside, I must still enjoy your company." I just watched him, not sure what to say. "Now, unless you plan on giving me something more interesting to focus on," his eyes raked over my body, unashamed, "I have work to do." He picked up his pen to continue his ministrations without waiting for me to answer.

Feeling an odd mix between scolded and ogled, I turned on my heels, quickly making for the door.

"Oh and Makara," I stopped in my tracks, but didn't face him. "While I did enjoy the view, I don't appreciate you toying with me to fuel whatever feud you have with Emery.

Tara2977
Tara2977
61 Followers