Malevolence: CATU Book 4 Ch. 06

Story Info
Has DEP Six betrayed Spencer and Sam?
1.3k words
7k
1
0

Part 7 of the 18 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 10/29/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

USS Downley

Admiral?

Pellington turns to face his executive officer regarding him with a look of expecting a solution to their problems.

"The Gang Jun appears to be reoriented itself with the rest of the battle. The ships providing protection are also moving."

"So they did have a similar to us or it has been a ploy this whole time," Pellington considers. He turns back around and begins to stroke his chin staring out through the bridge window to the battle taking place outside.

"We can't know for sure sir but unless we find our problem, this battle will not go in our favor," the officer says giving his opinion.

Pellington has already come to the same conclusion hours ago. "What the hell is going on here?" he says in a low whisper.

"Excuse me sir?"

"Nothing," he says spinning back around. "Get me the President," he commanded the communications officer."

"Right away sir."

"I want the extra guard from the Rainier up here yesterday," he says to his XO.

"Sir, the President is on the line."

Pellington steps over to the communications desk and grabs the phone from the officer. "Pellington."

"I understand you have a situation," the president informs the admiral.

"That's correct. We can win this conflict as long as we keep the upper hand sir."

"I know you didn't contact me to let me know we won't have to follow with the strike. So what is it I can do to help you pack this up nicely Russell?"

"I have my entire crew searching this ship, my engines are dead and the Chinese fleet is mobilizing. If we can't find this saboteur Dave, then my fleet is going to lose and you'll have to authorize the strike."

"Very well," the president says with a sigh. "I know just who to send, they have assets in the area. A file will be sent to you within the hour."

"Thank you Dave," Pellington says with a bit of the stress leaving his system.

"Save the thanks for when this conflict is over Russell. Godspeed and good luck."

Pellington hangs up the phone, leaving his hand placed on the device for a moment. "Put the entire ship on alert, word of mouth. I don't want any free movement with guards."

"Understood sir, but what about the fleet?" his XO inquires.

"Have the fleet pushed forward including our guard. I want them to hang back slightly in case we need aide. We will have to win this without the Downley. Send whatever crew we don't need over to the Rainier and Pascagoula."

"A skeleton crew?" the XO asks astonished.

"Essentially. Fewer men will have to be protected and the remainder will have more uses on the other ships," Pellington reasons. "Once our help arrive we will have one less worry. Now let's get moving we have a battle to win."

——

Nash runs leaving the complex to suffer from the eruptions of the explosives he set. He no longer has his HK XM8 since losing it in the confrontation with Bezaleel. The majority of the Russian soldiers are attempting to flee from the base as American gunships flew overhead. Nash knows he is cutting his team's extraction close and picks up the pace.

"Halt!" a soldier yells out at Nash as he exits a house.

Before Nash can spin around to face the soldier, he is hit by an invisible force and is sent reeling backward. Nash knows instantly what has just taken place and he turns his sight to the cliffs overlooking the complex. He can't see Matthews but he knows she is there and she has his back. He gives a curt nod and continues toward the shore where the team's equipment is hidden.

——

Got 'em," Matthews says as the soldier attempting to stop Nash does down.

"Good," Mason says looking over his shoulder. "We need to go before we have to explain why we are here."

Matthews doesn't move right away. She continues to look below ensuring no other soldiers come out from the shadows to attack the team leader. Nash gives her a curt nod as if he could see her, which she knows he can't.

"Matthews?"

When she is certain Nash is safe she rolls over to face Mason. "Coming Mr. Impatient," she answers sarcastically.

"Just get your sexy ass up and moving," Mason orders.

"Whatever you say," Matthews says with a smile. "C'mon I know a quick way down."

——

Nash reaches the shore right as Matthews and Mason are sliding out from the tree line. As the two exit, they have their weapons raised until they see it is Nash.

"Ready to shoot your leader?" he asks with a smirk.

"Nah, we like you too much," Matthews remarks.

"Speak for yourself," Mason says chuckling.

"Love you too guys. Where's Bridges?"

"We hoped he was already here. I didn't see him but I assume he was being chased earlier," Matthews explains.

"Damn. He better hurry because we don't have time to search for him," Nash informs them already knowing they are going to object.

"Well we can't just leave him," Matthews protests.

"He'll show," Mason offers.

"Of course I'll show," Bridges shouts from the water. Catching the other three members off guard they turn to see him treading waste deep in the water toward them. "What are we waiting for LT?" he asks heading in the direction of their hidden gear.

"What the hell happened to you man," Mason asks.

"Oh a little of this and a little of that," he answers. "I'll tell you on the ride back."

——

Sam and Spencer walk out of the building to find themselves surrounded by American soldiers. They quickly drop their guns to the ground when instructed to.

"Well this just keeps getting better and better," Sam remarks to Spencer.

"Stand down!" a man shouts as he exits a gunship that just made its landing. He is a tall distinguished officer with close cropped hair. The man appears to be in his mid-thirties and carries an air of authority about him. The soldiers surrounding the two agents quickly do as told and part to allow then man entry into the semi circle.

"Special Agents Spencer Reeds and Samantha Roberts?"

Spencer gives the man a nod. "And you are?"

"Captain Briggs. I have orders to retrieve you two and take you to the Downley," he explains.

"What the hell is that?" Sam asks.

"It's a ship currently located near Cape Town. Now if you two follow me we can leave."

Neither make an attempt to move not even to pick up their guns. Instead they stares down the man until Spencer finally speaks. "We've already been dragged here and we're not going to be taken off someplace else without answers."

The captain gives them the most sincere look he can muster. "Those answers I do not have or I cannot give out."

"Let me guess need to know basis," Sam comments.

"Unfortunately yes," Briggs answers. "Now if you please follow me."

As he turns walk back to the gunship Spencer reaches out and grabs his arm. The soldiers instantly bring their weapons to bear. "Stand down," Briggs says in a resigned voice. He slowly turns back to face Spencer. "Get in the gunship and I'll explain what I can on the way there. Deal?"

Spencer looks back to Sam. She shrugs. "What have we to lose?"

"Lead the way," Spencer says.

——

A call using a secured and encrypted line was received detailing information about the complex under attack. Since only certain," he pauses to search for a word, "persons have access to the line, it was taken seriously." Spencer and Sam sit across from the captain as they spoke through headphones. The roar of the gunship's rotors can just barely be heard through the headphones. "On my way to Androka I received extended orders to receive you and immediately take you to the Downley. What happens from there will be explained to you."

"What about the DEP Six team?" Sam asks. "They are probably responsible for contacting you."

"I have no knowledge of a team or any operations in the area."

"No of course not," Spencer comments. "Things would only work more efficiently if we all communicated."

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Welldark B2 Ch. 00 Prologue A typical morning with Estherin Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Home for Horny Monsters Ch. 001 Mike inherits an old house. There's a nymph in the tub!in NonHuman
A Dragon's Tale Ch. 01 An accident + magic = a man's mind in a dragon's body.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Quaranteam - North West Ch. 01-04 Pandemic Survivors, Harems and the Pacific North West.in Mind Control
AMA - The Boyfriend Ch. 001-010 Robbie's fiance tries to make amends for abusing a MC app.in Mind Control
More Stories