Manipulated Destiny

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,414 Followers

"The day after tomorrow at four in the afternoon," Devyn answered. "But see, I....."

"For the next two days, I want us to just be together. I want us to reacquaint ourselves with one another, be in love again, and just enjoy this time."

"I've never stopped loving you," Devyn whispered unreservedly.

"Neither have I," Skyler added, tenderly caressing a sculpted cheek. Thinking for a moment, she then added, "I have the next few days off so I could technically fly back with you."

Devyn smiled with glistening ocean blue eyes. "Then I can put in my resignation and start packing what little I own. I could get by without working for a while. It's not like I ever spent any money."

"Is that what you really want?" Skyler apprehensively asked, fearful that they may want different things.

Blue eyes met sea green in a heartfelt plea. "I don't think I can just return to Chicago to continue the façade of an existence that I wanted to strike an end to. I have nothing there worth living for. I was only a shell of a person, barely alive. I worked, and I went to the gym to drown my pain and the darkness that was filling my soul. I hardly even saw the city itself. I know you have your career, your clients, and folks whom you've developed working relationships with that depend on you. I will happily move here, if you will have me."

Skyler tried to fight back the errant tear that rolled down her cheek but failed. With a slight smile she said, "Of course I want you here. Right here --- in this house, in this bed and finally be the part of my heart that's been missing all these years." She finished the contents of her mug, and then said, "We'll definitely work things out to get you here. I would love for you to see the beauty of this area and make it your home."

"This is my home," Devyn commented when she placed a hand over the blonde's heart.

"I've missed you so much," Skyler added, closing her eyes while squeezing the hand on her chest. A soft warm set of lips gently and sweetly pressed against hers and then just as tenderly pulled back. Green orbs opened with a loving smile visibly seeing the unspoken questions within gentle ocean blue eyes. Skyler's body slightly stirred with amorous feelings, and she knew in her heart that she wanted ---- needed to connect physically with Devyn again. She was not terrified to be with Devyn again, but she was apprehensive of her mind and spirit not living in the present when she had spent so many years in the nightmares of the past. With a sigh, she said, "Let's make breakfast and plan our day."

Devyn sensed the struggle her love was having. She didn't mind it as long as she and Skyler were together. "Of course. Lead the way," Devyn answered with a chuckle knowing that she too had some reservations of connecting again. We are so much older now, and it's been so long. Would we remember each other's bodies? Would we be capable of being open and relaxed enough to truly touch each other's souls?

****************

Devyn watched Skyler crack open the eggs into the mixture that was already started in the bowl. She loved when Skyler made French toast as it was one of her favorite things for breakfast. After all these years, she thought to herself, after all this time we still remember each other's favorites as if we've spend no time apart. Devyn turned away a moment to force back the tear that threatened to surface. Closing her eyes, she took a slow steady, deep breath and exhaled silently.

"You sure are quiet over there," the blonde commented casually over her shoulder as she worked on placing the first couple of thick slices of battered bread on the griddle. "Did you forget your mouth somewhere?" she asked with obvious sarcasm in her voice.

Devyn turned her attention back to the woman who had captured her soul so long ago. Without a sound, her tall frame stood up off the stool, and sock covered feet silently made their way over to the young doctor. She was mere inches from her intended target. Having the advantage of her height, she watched Skyler's graceful movements of flipping over the bread. Devyn inhaled the fragrance coming from her lover's hair.

Skyler suddenly froze in her actions. She felt a moment of déjà vu, and her heart was hit with a swirl of emotions all at once. Trembling lips spoke softly. "Are....you...behind me?"

"Yes," came the soft whisper.

Over the last few years, she had felt Devyn's presence behind her or near her thousands of times. Each time it felt so incredibly real, and yet each time she turned around there was nothing but emptiness. I'm not dreaming, I'm not dreaming --- it's real this time. She silently told herself in order to remain calm. For a split second her body tensed as a set of warm solid arms snaked their way around her waist, and an equally warm body pressed itself onto her back. The contact made Skyler's head spin so fast that her legs threatened to buckle beneath her.

Devyn clutched her purchase tight as her lips brushed the doctor's ear, sending shivers between each of their bodies. "Are you alright, hun? Is...this....alright?"

Once Skyler relaxed into the embrace, she welcomed the touch and feelings. "Yes...I didn't mean to make you think it wasn't." Reaching over to shut off the burner, she turned her head partway to capture the lips that were administering such sweet torture to her ear. The small blonde could not stop the moan that escaped her throat. Long fingers smoothly slid just beneath her shirt caressing the soft sensitive skin across her belly. Teeth grazed the side of her alabaster neck, eliciting another moan. "You don't know how many times I have felt you next to me. It grew to such intensity....this feeling you near....that I was not sleeping at night...." Her words trailed off a second as a wave of desire made her body shudder.

"I'm right here my love. Feel me with you. I have no intentions of ever letting go." Devyn crooned tenderly.

Hearing that admission, Skyler sought those lips again. Turning around, she kissed Devyn with all the love inside of her being. A small hand took purchase of the raven locks, gripping the back of the head firmly, indicating the deep-seated need for the contact. Devyn cupped a cheek as their arduous kiss turned to flames. When it became apparent that air was needed, they broke away reluctantly. Blue and green eyes searched for answers within the other. Skyler's body was responding more easily than she had expected, and yet she wasn't sure of taking this moment further. I think I need more time. Just a little bit. Who knew that being celibate for so long would make me hesitate to be intimate again. Damn it.

Devyn felt the moment had changed suddenly, she took her love's hand and sweetly kissed the palm. "Let's eat. I'm starved."

***************

Ocean blue eyes glanced at the digital clock on her cell phone before shoving the object back into her jeans. It was 10:04am. Breathing in deeply the cool crisp morning air that softly touched her exposed skin she exhaled through her mouth to see her breath. Yep, there it is. She loved the simplicity of that action, and the fact that it could bring a small smile to face. The air felt great, and the day seemed absolutely beautiful as she leaned against the passenger side of the Jeep in the parking lot of the clinic. She thought about Skyler's plans for the day and all that she wanted to show her. Even without seeing much, I think I'm going to love living here. It wouldn't matter where we were as long as we're together. Her gaze wandered towards the street, remembering how just the other day she was walking past this very lot and how the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. I was close to running into her that day. As she remembered the details of them seeing one another again, a mix of joy and sadness clouded her mind. She shut azure eyes tight to prevent an emotional tear that threatened to surface. Right at that moment, the hairs on her neck prickled once again.

"Are you thinking about me?" Came the question very near to her ear.

Devyn looked at her love, her face growing into a huge loving smile. "As a matter of fact --- yes."

"Really?" Skyler purred as she leaned up towards Devyn's luscious lips. "Were they naughty?" she softly asked before kissing the tall woman lovingly.

"Mmm, maybe," Devyn responded when they pulled apart for some air. "I'd be happy to show you if you'd like," she playfully added.

Skyler giggled. "I think I might like that a lot." She tenderly brushed a thumb across the taller woman's lips, and then said, "We have the whole day and there is so much I want to show."

"Then lead on," Devyn stated with a chuckle.

**********

They had spent the past few hours on the boardwalk, enjoying the shops. When Skyler realized the carnival was still in town, she dragged Devyn to participate in some of the old games. At a particular booth Skyler insisted on playing at, she had her eyes set on a specific prize she was determined to win. She was so close to knocking down that last set of clay bottles with the softball that she could almost feel the victory. She really wanted that dark teal San Jose Sharks cap for her love. Remembering how much Devyn loved ice hockey and the Sharks happened to be one of her favorite teams, she threw the last ball too quickly in the distraction of the memory. She was so mad when the ball bounced off the edge of the shelf only to make the bottles wobble. "Damn it!" she let out with an exasperated sigh.

Devyn chuckled, wrapping long arms around the smaller woman. "What is it that you want so badly from this booth, sweetie?" She asked with a playful nudge of her nose on Skyler's ear. "Do you want me to..."

"No." Skyler quickly answered as she turned to look into azure blue eyes. The frustration at not knocking down the bottles was evident in her voice. "I want to do it. I'm fairly capable."

"Well of course. I wasn't implying that you weren't. I'm sorry I laughed. You just look so cute when you are frustrated and damned determined." Devyn chimed.

"Hey Miss?" the older proprietor of the booth interrupted. His five o'clock shadow and gruff weathered hands showed signs that he'd been here all day and was probably ready to go home. "I've seen you eye your prize each time you get ready to throw, and you've got a pretty good arm there, so here's what I'm going to do..." He picked up 3 softballs at his feet and set them on the wooden counter. "I'm giving you 3 tries on the house, to knock down this last set of bottles."

The women looked at one another a little surprised, and then back at the older man. "Why would you do that?" Skyler asked carefully.

The gentleman scratched at the bristly gray and brown hairs on his face. Well your little fiery spirit reminds me of my daughter whom I haven't seen for many years while she's been studying overseas. Also it's obvious the two of you share a love that surpasses time. It's not something I see often but it is something I was blessed to experience with my wife before cancer took her away from me." His eyes glistened momentarily with an unshed tear before he continued, "So here you go. Knock down those damn bottles." He pointed with enthusiasm at the intended target.

Skyler grabbed a ball, carefully felt the weight of it between her small hands, and shifted her feet from left to right. She closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath as she envisioned the ball striking the bottles. Sea green eyes looked at her target. She brought back her arm for a full swing and let go with all her might.

The proprietor and Devyn looked on motionless as they expected to hear a crash, but instead there only came a thud and a ping as the ball hit the back board only successfully hitting one bottle on the right hand side of the shelf.

"You've got two more," the gentleman said with a squint to his eyes and a nod of his head that showed he believed she could do it.

Skyler picked up the second ball and again felt the weight of it in her hands. She sighed, and asked, "Would you please put that one bottle back on the shelf with the others?"

A shaggy brown eyebrow lifted. "Alright," the gentleman said.

The doctor shifted her feet again and looked at the prize she longed for, but instead of closing her eyes to envision the scenario, she turned to look at the woman so dear to her heart. A small grin graced her pursed lips as she pictured the cap being on Devyn's head and the lopsided grin she would receive for it.

Devyn smiled in return encouragingly.

Skyler quickly turned back to the target, swung her arm, and let the ball fly. It smashed between the third and fourth bottles on the bottom row, sending the rest of the bottles in different directions all at once. When she realized she got them all, she couldn't resist jumping up and down triumphantly.

The gentleman approached her with the Sharks cap in hand, and a huge smile on his face. "I believe this one would be the right size for her head."

She pulled the cap out of its plastic sleeve, unfolded the back side of it, and excitedly placed it on Devyn's head. It fit just right and looked great against the coal black of her lover's hair

Bewildered, Devyn looked at her and said, "You did this for me?"

The doctor nodded emphatically.

Devyn was yet again touched by how much this amazing woman loved her. Picking Skyler up in a huge bear hug, she spun the blonde around as they gleefully laughed.

"Am I right with the size?" the older man asked.

Large hands removed the cap, brushed long fingers through jet black locks, and replaced it back on her head. "Yeah, it's just right. That's a great guess. Thanks."

"No problem. You two enjoy your night," He stated with a wave and a smile.

*************

The navy blue waves crashed beautifully against the large boulders along the sandy shoreline. The deeply orange autumn sun was setting slowly behind the two figures cuddling on the sand against the old overturned canoe that always resided there at the end of the day. Devyn leaned back with knees bent up, and bare feet digging into the sand, she held Skyler who rested between her legs against her chest. Both of them contentedly watched the waves in silence for some time.

Devyn loved having the smaller blonde in such an intimate pose. Her heart soared at the thought of how much she loved this woman. She smiled as she replayed the event at the arcade booth in her mind. Now she had her very own Sharks cap, and it felt great to be so loved. A grumbling sound soon alerted a pair of ears of hunger. "Is that your stomach?" Devyn asked casually.

"No I think it's yours." Skyler responded sardonically, and was soon assaulted by long fingers tickling her ribs on the inside of her open jacket. "Ack! No, no, cut it out," she cried out in laughter. Without warning, her body was pushed back onto the sand. The tall woman Skyler loved with all of her heart stretched the full length on top of her. Smiling cobalt blue eyes bore into her soul, and a slight tremor coursed through her body that wasn't from the cold breeze that brushed past. Those eyes were conveying a long held desire which she completely understood. God, Dev I want to and yet I'm also scared. It's like I've gone back to being a shy and frightened virgin. How do I break out of this? Is it because I desire you to take charge? What happened to that naturally dominant and powerful side of you? Are you also afraid?

As if her monologue was heard, a set of lips tenderly pressed against hers. "Maybe we should go get some dinner before the little monster in your belly decides to come out to wreak havoc," Devyn humorously stated, snapping the blonde out of her thoughts. "Do you have a particular place in mind?"

"Hmm, yes I do. Did you only bring jeans with you?"

It was Devyn who was now transfixed as she stared at the young doctor's lips, wanting to taste them again. Nodding her head in answer of the question, she took purchase of the supple mouth that tempted her. The kiss was long and full of passion. Tongues danced around one another. The moan which escaped the small blonde's mouth fueled Devyn to not stop but it soon became evident that they needed to for the sake of oxygen.

"My god, I love you," Skyler softly stated. Both of them heard the growling stomach again, so she said, "Come on, we have to get you some clothes. I'll call the restaurant and make reservations on the way."

Blue eyes rolled. "Not shopping," she exhaled in complaint as she got up.

"Yes, come on, we still have an hour before the shop closes." Skyler chuckled as she brushed herself free of the sand.

*********

The shorter blonde made her way through the bedroom door with packages in hand. Looking over her shoulder, she said, "Okay, how about you take a shower while I call Jocie since she's left two messages already." Skyler threw the bags of new purchases on the bed as she pulled out her cell phone. "What do you think about meeting up with her and Hannah for drinks after dinner?"

"That's fine," Devyn answered as long arms encircled Skyler's waist from behind. "Though I'd much prefer you joining me in the shower," she whispered softly in the shell of a small ear.

Skyler bit her bottom lip as a barely audible moan escaped her throat. Thinking about the idea of that happening made the blonde's body shiver. It was at this moment Skyler finally realized that Devyn had gently and persistently been taking the lead with their intimacy. My god, why didn't I see it before? I've wanted her to take the lead, and that's exactly what she's been doing, just gently instead of pushing because she either knows or feels my hesitancy. "Dev, I...."

"This is Jocie, please leave a message after the tone and I'll get back to you. If it's really important, send me a text which I'll most likely read first. Thanks."

Turning around, blue and green eyes stared at one another. Skyler's mind had not filtered the disembodied voice that came through her cell phone until she heard the blatant obnoxious beep. Skyler finally answered, "Hey Joss," she began as she looked at her lover with a forlorn expression and mouthed, 'Sorry'. Clearing her throat, she continued, "So we were wondering if you and Hannah would like to meet us at the Cat's Meow for drinks later. Just give me a ring back."

Devyn kissed the palm of her love's hand and then disappeared into the bathroom. Once in the shower, the tall woman groaned as the steaming hot water cascaded down her back. It felt great to have this water pressure pelting her muscles in a soothing massage. Working at the sushi restaurant and being the tallest person there almost always put strain and tension in her neck, shoulders and upper back. Even with her concentrated upper body work outs, which were of great help, the one thing she wished she had indulged in was a regular therapeutic massage to loosen all those muscles. Placing palms flat against the shower wall, Devyn relished the feeling of the water.

Skyler proceeded to remove the tags from the purchased clothing while internally debating whether or not she should accept her love's invitation. Laying out the black casual pants and navy blue silk button shirt, she was excited to see Devyn in them again. She looked delicious when she tried these on. My god I don't know that I'll be able to resist her, and oh yes... Pulling out the box of cologne that she sneaked into the purchased goods, she smiled. This will be the icing on the cake. Skyler closed her eyes, toying with the idea of perhaps dancing closely after dinner and being able to inhale the amazing scent of the cologne mixing with Devyn's natural scent. She knew she wanted those hands sliding along the curves of her body, and those lips following closely behind. Hmm maybe I should join her in the shower.

Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,414 Followers