Man's Best Friend

Story Info
Guide dog for the clueless.
3.8k words
3.6
66.7k
31
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Skippy47
Skippy47
1,818 Followers

I did not find out by myself that my wife was cheating on me. Who told me? Bruno, our pit bull. There were some burglaries in our neighborhood and my wife wanted to get a dog for protection. I was dead set against it. Thank God my wife prevailed. I demanded that she have the dog professionally trained. I wanted him totally under our control. He did well. With practice after practice, we were able to teach him to intimidate any strangers and yet how to act towards people we considered good guys. He would attack on command and withdraw on command.

This story involves me Steven, my wife Kandy, her lover Josh, and our dog, Bruno. Kandy and I had been married for five years and were planning to have children soon. Prior to the night in question, I would have said we were a happily married couple. That was because I was totally in love but, unfortunately, completely clueless.

It happened one Wednesday night, my bowling night. Just as I was ready to leave the house there was a man at the door. I inquired as to his business. He stammered that he worked with my wife and he was supposed to pick up some papers related to a project they were working on together. My wife was the Public Relations Director for our mayor. He said he was the mayor's liaison with the City Council. I invited him in.

Something seemed wrong. Actually, several somethings. First and foremost, Bruno did not growl or bark at him. He went up to Josh who rubbed Bruno's head. I asked Josh, "Kandy is really proud of the way she has decorated the house, I'll be glad to show you around if you haven't seen it before."

Josh quickly responded, "No, I've never been here before." That did not compute given Bruno's friendly greeting.

Kandy shortly joined us and looked shocked at seeing Josh and I standing together. Her silence was full of tension. Josh spoke up. "Kandy, I came by to pick up the Anderson project papers. I'm sorry to bother you at home. I'm glad I finally got to see your house you've talked about. I'm really impressed on how you have decorated it."

Kandy looked relieved and said, "Oh yes, the Anderson project papers. I'll go to my home office and get them. It may take me a minute to put them together." She left us but shouted back to me to offer Josh a drink.

After getting us a couple of ice teas, I broke the awkward silence, "So, is that the big project that has had Kandy working late on the last few weeks?"

"Yes, it's a priority for the mayor. When he says 'jump,' we say 'How high?'" Josh tried to laugh, but it was too strained. I followed with typical questions about his family and found out he was married with one six-year-old boy. I told him that Kandy and I were about to start a family. He said he knew. My blood began to boil.

Kandy brought out one of those colored manila folders with some papers in it and handed it to Josh. Everyone looked at each other like no one knew what to do next. Finally, I said. "Josh, you have to move your car so I can get my car out of the garage."

He apologized profusely and headed for his car. Josh quickly backed out and pulled away. I followed soon after. I didn't go too far. First, I called my bowling team captain, Ernie, and told him I could not bowl tonight. He said not to worry as the new guy, Bernard, in finance had come to see if he could bowl as a substitute. Ernie informed me that if the new guy was any good, he would replace my sorry ass.

I pulled out onto the street that lead into our neighborhood and took the first left onto the next street over. There was an alley leading from that street to our street that passed by our house. I pulled into the alley making sure my car was not visible from our house. I waited. In about ten minutes, I saw Josh's car pull back into our driveway. I went to a window of our living room which I remembered I had opened earlier to let in some fresh air. This is what I heard.

"What the hell? Are you stupid, crazy or both? You were not supposed to come until 7:30?"

"I'm sorry. I thought you said 6:30."

"No, I said my husband leaves at 6:30 to go bowling."

"I'm sorry, okay? Do you think he's suspicious?"

"I don't think so. He's very trusting. Plus, he's so jacked up about having kids, he would never divorce me even if he did catch us. But, still, I don't want him to find out about us."

"So, are we going to continue to see each other after you have a kid?"

"No way. We can enjoy each other for a little while, but once I'm off the pill, we're done. I love my husband. You're my last chance to have a different dick before I become loyal again."

"So, tonight are we going to . . . "

"We might as well. But I'm going to have to have a stiff drink before I am ready for your stiff dick."

After they both enjoyed a drink, they headed up to the guest bedroom. Bruno tried to follow but was told to stay downstairs.

I'm not an impulse kind of guy. I left and went to a local bar to contemplate what to do next. When I thought about a divorce, I remembered how much Kandy's father, Frank, had insisted on a pre-nup. Kandy was more against one than me. She won. He was afraid that some man would cheat on his daughter just like his wife had cheated on him. Frank was a big, rough intimidating guy. I knew if I told him what was going on, he would never believe me. He would have to see proof himself. Suddenly, an idea hit, and a big grin appeared on my face.

Next bowling night, I called Frank. I told him I needed his help on a project in the bathroom across from our guest bedroom. He fancied himself as a handy man, so he jumped at the chance. I told him to come at 7:45. He was informed that there might be a strange car in the driveway. The excuse was that it was a rental because my car was in the shop. He had a key so I told him to just come in and go upstairs as I would already be started working.

Everything fell into place. I waited until Frank, punctual as ever, went into the house. I followed soon after. In less than five minutes all hell broke loose upstairs. I heard Frank and Josh struggling and Kandy shouting, "No, no, please God, no." I joined the group. Frank volunteered to talk first.

"Steven, I am so sorry that you have to find out your wife, my daughter, is a worthless slut. If you feel you have to divorce her, I will not object." Before I could respond, Josh made a move to put on his clothes. I grabbed his pants and took out his cell phone.

I asked for his code. It took the threat of kicking him out nude without car keys before he gave in. I let him leave with everything except the phone. Well, I didn't quite let him leave. As soon as he got to the bottom of the stairs, I yelled, "Kill Bruno, Kill." Almost immediately we heard screams for help as Bruno tore into him. I threatened Kandy to be quiet. After a few minutes, I called Bruno off.

From downstairs I heard, "You asshole. I'll sue you for this. I'll . . . "

He didn't get to finish his sentence before I called out, "Bruno . . ."

There was another scream from Josh, and the sound of the front door being slammed. I called for Bruno. He came upstairs to us. His face was dripping with blood and he had a piece of pants material stuck in his teeth. "Good boy. There will be extra treats for you tonight." He knew the word 'treats' and started acting like a puppy in anticipation.

Kandy whimpered, "Steven, it wasn't anything. It was only . . . "

I interrupted her, "Please, Kandy. You've been caught. Stop with the tired old cheater clichés. It's a good thing I've been reading some of the Loving Wives stories on Literotica. If I had heard a few of them for the first time, I might have been swayed not to Burn the Bitch as they say. Sorry, Frank."

"Don't apologize."

Kandy begged, "Surely you're not going to throw me out over this. We were going to start having children. I just wanted one more sex partner before we became parents. I will be faithful to you from now on. Don't divorce me over some meaningless sex."

"Let's see. It wasn't anything. It was meaningless. Then why did you try to keep it hidden? You don't hide things that are not valuable. It must have been valuable if you were willing to risk your marriage and the prospect of children with me. Or maybe that just shows how valueless you considered our marriage to be. And you say you will be faithful from now on. You have to admit that has to be hard for me to believe since a few years ago you promised that very thing. And we saw how much that promise meant."

"Steven, please don't be so cruel. I love you more than anything. Give me a second chance. I promise you can trust me. Please. I'll do anything."

"Frank, would you do me a favor?"

"Sure, what?"

"Take your slut daughter home with you. I'll leave for a couple of hours while she gathers some of her belongings. I will pack the rest and put the stuff in the garage."

"Please don't make me leave. I can stay in the guest bedroom. Tomorrow we can talk about what we need to do to stay together. Don't you love me anymore?"

"If I didn't love you, it wouldn't hurt so hard. Here's what we will do. You go to your father's and I will stay here. Go see an attorney and I will do the same. We'll take a break for a couple of weeks. Then we can sit down and see what we want to do. If you press for a decision before then, I will immediately go for a divorce. Now, if you'll excuse me, Bruno deserves a treat."

Kandy offered, "Don't you want me to take Bruno with me?"

I responded, "Hell no. He's my best friend now."

After a few drinks at a local bar, I returned home to see that Kandy had taken her toiletries and a fair amount of seasonal clothes. She left a note, but I tore it up and threw it away. I didn't want to read it. I didn't want to EVER read it. I slept surprisingly well that night.

My first line of thinking was revenge. I had Josh's phone, so I called his wife.

A female voice answered, "Who is this and where did you get Josh's phone?"

"He didn't tell you what happened last night?"

"He said that he had been attacked by a dog when he had gone to take some papers to one of the mayor's staff. Josh lost his phone in the struggle with the strange dog."

"It was my dog. He's not strange at all. In fact, he was doing exactly what I told him to."

"Your dog? My Josh had to have 23 staples in his leg and his butt. You can bet we will sue. And give me back his phone."

"I don't think you want to sue. You see, I got Josh's phone out of his pants that were on the floor of our guest bedroom. It seems that he and my wife were caught naked having sex in our guest bedroom."

"You're lying. Josh would never do that to me. What proof do you have?"

"Well, my wife's father saw them shortly before I did. I had found out that they have been getting together every Wednesday when I go bowling. Let me ask you, where has Josh been every Wednesday night in the last few weeks?"

She was meeker now. "He's had to work late at the Municipal Building on the Anderson project for the mayor. That's what he told me."

"Did he say whom he was working with on the project?"

"Some woman named Kandy who handles public . . . . Oh, my God. Is she your wife?" Steven could hear crying.

She continued, "What are you going to do?"

"I feel the need for revenge, but I wanted to talk to you first. We're the innocent bystanders in this crime. What is your situation?"

"Josh and I have one child. I don't know what I will do. I hate to separate him from his son, and I don't want to raise my son by myself. Josh has been a good father. Until today, I thought he had been a good husband. I need some time to think about it. This is too much information for me to digest at once. I'm in the waiting room at the hospital right now waiting to see him and take him home. At this moment though, my thought is to ask the doctor to castrate him while he's here. That SOB."

"If I decide to divorce Kandy, do you want me to refer my lawyer to you so we can split the costs?"

"Don't worry about that. My family is well off. If you are thinking about telling the mayor and getting them fired, you have my blessing. It won't hurt me or my son financially."

"Thanks."

My father-in-law was still in an apologetic mood. He knew the mayor personally and had been the one largely responsible for getting Kandy her job. When I told him that I would like for him to be the one to tell the mayor because his honor might have trouble believing a disgruntled spouse, he agreed with no reservations. He did say that although he sanctioned the firing vengeance, he was still hoping I might consider staying married to his daughter. He didn't want to lose me as a son-in-law. That meant a lot.

***

"You son-of-a-bitch! You got me and Josh fired for one lousy indiscretion. I thought you loved me more than that. What the hell am I supposed to do now?"

"I'm sorry. Who are you? Surely this is not the wife who committed adultery with a married man who had a child. Are you saying that you lost your job because someone told the mayor the truth? You should know that 'the truth shall set you free.' Congratulations, you are free!"

"All right, don't rub it in. I got a little carried away. I really loved that job. I'm sorry. Are you still willing to meet with me in a week or so or do you want to go straight for divorce?"

"At this time, I still want for us to meet. I promise, no more revenge until then." I couldn't help myself. "But just so you know, it didn't mean anything. It was just revenge." I paused and then added, "I lied. It felt GOOOOOOD." I hung up and smiled.

As the time for the meeting with Kandy approached, I got more nervous. Every option I considered had advantages and disadvantages. I loved her deeply but felt betrayed. How could I possibly reconcile those feelings in a continuing relationship? I had no conclusion by the time of the meeting. I hoped an answer would come to me or she would have a suggestion I would like. Divorce was always a fallback.

Kandy showed up 15 minutes early for the meeting. She looked fantastic. A little weight loss was evident, but a little was needed. She wore tight pants and a tee shirt that showed she was braless. And it showed that it was either cold or she was excited as her nipples stood out prominently. She was loaded for bear.

"How are you Steven? I have missed you so much."

"Fine. You look wonderful tonight."

"Look, I am sorry. I apologize for my actions. I will say it as many times as you want. I was stupid. Steven, I don't know how I could have been so stupid."

"Offhand, I would say lots of practice helped."

Kandy frowned and I apologized for my snide remark.

Kandy returned to her earlier tone and responded to my comment on her looks, "I wanted to please my man tonight. Make no mistake: YOU are my man and I want no one else as long as I live."

"I assume you want us to get back together."

"Don't be an asshole, Steven. I want us to get back together starting tonight as soon as I fuck your brains out. It's time to start making babies. All you have to do is forgive me. I want a second chance. If you truly love me, you will give me another chance. That's what people in love do. I promise not to disappoint you again." She grabbed onto my arm across the table.

Every reconciling and forgiving bone in my body was vibrating. If I was going to give her another chance, this was my moment. I . . . just . . . couldn't . . . do it. She thought what I was feeling was a little disappointment. Good grief. I was hurt badly, damaged, devastated and destroyed. You can imagine why I had too little faith in her promise. I didn't think she had close to a good idea of how much she had hurt me.

My proposal to her brought copious tears. "Let's go ahead with the divorce. That will give us another 60 days. Maybe sometime in the future I can forgive you enough for us to be together. It's hard to imagine now. I think it would be best if we both tried to move on." She was extremely upset when she left. I think she thought her pleas would be answered in a different way.

Actually, I had an idea but had not checked it out yet. I called Josh's wife to see how things were going. April said, "We're mending. He went through all the excuses, apologies, and begging for me to take him back. I wanted to believe him, but I was, am, too hurt to trust him. We have started counseling. In addition, my father suggested a post-nup. Josh signed right away. Now, if he strays again, I get everything including full custody of his son and, if there are any, all future children. That's what's happening with us. I am somewhat optimistic. What about you and Kandy?"

"That's another reason for me calling. We had a sit down. Kandy was all loving and wanted to move back in. I was tempted but just couldn't do it. I am having trouble believing she realizes how hurt I was. Then I got the idea that she might understand how hurt I was if you were to tell her how hurt you were."

"Wow. That's a heavy-duty assignment. But I can understand how it might help. Let me think about it. If I agree, I will need to prepare my speech. It might help me to just get it all out in writing. Is it okay if I send it to her in writing? I don't think I could face her without wanting to slap her silly." I told her 'no problem' and gave her Frank's address. I also complimented her and Josh about how they had approached solving their problem. April certainly sounded more mature than I had been. Food for thought.

In about a week, Kandy called me in tears. "I just got a letter from Josh's wife, April. She really laid it on me. I had no idea how much Josh and I had hurt her and endangered their family. She must think I am a heartless bitch to do that to an innocent person and a six-year old child. I cried and cried. At the end, she said that if this letter had given her any idea of how much I had hurt her, think of what I had done to my husband. That was like someone had hit thrown a spear through my heart. It wasn't until that moment I began to grasp the seriousness of what I had done to you. If I had my dad's gun at that moment, I wouldn't be alive now. Dear, dear Steven, I know now why you could not forgive me. I'm too ashamed now to even ask you to forgive me. I doubt I will be able to ever forgive myself now. I just wanted to tell you that I will not fight the divorce no matter the conditions. You deserve much better than me, and I hope you find her."

A couple of minutes passed while Kandy cried, and Steven listened. Finally, he said, "So, you're giving up on us that easily?"

"Huh. I thought . . . You mean YOU haven't given up on us?"

"I've still got a lot of mixed emotions, but I think that we should put a hold on divorce. I would like to propose we get counseling and a post-nup where if either of us cheats, the cheater leaves with nothing, including custody of any kids. It's pretty harsh."

Kandy mulled it over and replied, "I would have no problem with going to counseling or signing the post-nup."

"Well then, I would like you to move back in, but not the master bedroom. You will have to redecorate the guest bedroom. I kind of got rid of everything in there because of the memories. We would behave normally as husband and wife except no sex unless we both agree. What we would do is talk a lot. We need to be totally honest and transparent with each other. There is a lot that needs repair if not replacing in our relationship. What do you think?"

There was a long period of silence over the phone. Steven spoke again, "Kandy, are you there?"

He heard a sound like someone had taken a big sigh. "Your words took my breath away temporarily. Yes, yes, yes is my answer. When do you want me to come home? I can call it home can't I?"

"Yes. And as to when, five minutes ago would be fine."

Within a half hour of her return home, their first mutual agreement on sex was quickly reached. The two were resting after an intense session of passionate sex. She spoke, "How do you think we are going to able to build our relationship back?"

Skippy47
Skippy47
1,818 Followers
12