Man's Best Friend Ch. 01

Story Info
A chance encounter leads to romance.
4.3k words
4.66
30.7k
49

Part 1 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ariel58
ariel58
84 Followers

Perfect tranquility.

Greg floated on his back on the surface, his arms and legs akimbo in a slightly undignified star shape, closed his eyes and listened to the ambient sounds - birdsong, the soft lapping of water on the sides of the pool, the distant barking of a dog - and felt truly content for the first time in a long time.

The pool at the end of the garden was his refuge, the one place where he could forget, at least for a while, everything he'd been through in the last few years. The private space where he could strip off his worries with his clothes and truly relax.

The sun warmed his eyelids, and he exhaled happily, but then caught his breath as he heard a sound very close by. He was not alone.

His eyes shot open and he was confronted by an inquisitive face looking down at his nakedness and panting. Recovering from his momentary panic, Greg grinned at the intruder.

"Well, hello, handsome! Where did you come from?"

His new canine companion didn't reply, unsurprisingly, but turned his head towards the woods at the bottom of the garden and barked loudly. At the dog's feet was a well-chewed tennis ball. He really was a very handsome beast - a youngish German Shepherd, Greg guessed, and well splattered with mud from his adventures in the great outdoors. Greg stood up in the shallow end of the pool and scanned the distance for any sign of the dog's owner, but there was nobody in sight.

Just as he was wondering what to do about this unexpected intrusion on his peaceful reveries, he heard a loud splash, and jerked his head round to see that his new friend had launched himself straight into the deep end and was splashing around with every sign of huge enjoyment. Oh, great! Now what to do?

"King! Where are you?"

The dog turned his head and barked at the sound of the female voice, before getting a muzzle full of chlorinated water and spluttering comically, making Greg laugh out loud for the first time in months.

"Don't try to bark and swim at the same time, chum!"

Greg raised his voice.

"Over here!"

A figure appeared behind the bushes at the bottom of the lawn, peering anxiously into the garden.

"King, there you are! Oh, I'm so sorry, he just ran off when I was walking him ..."

Greg smiled.

"No need to be sorry. I guess he couldn't resist the cool water on a day like this. I don't blame him, it's sweltering."

"It is. And your pool does look very inviting, but he still shouldn't have run off."

She couldn't hide her own smile. Partly relief at finding her dog, but there was also a keen sense of humour in her eyes. Greg looked at her appraisingly: petite, a good bit younger than him. Maybe late twenties? Long, dark hair worn loose, some stray strands plastered to her forehead by a film of perspiration. A simple yellow cotton sundress now spattered with mud and bits of leaves where she'd had to scramble through the undergrowth to reach the garden. An intelligent, pretty face. She looked lovely.

"You look very hot and bothered. Why don't you join us and cool off?"

"I'd love to, but we're intruding, and besides, I don't happen to have a swimming costume on me."

"Neither do I."

That grin again.

"I had noticed. Do you always swim in the buff?"

"Yes. It's very secluded here, and it just feels better - more natural."

"Hmmm. You're very persuasive, but I'm not in the habit of getting naked in front of complete strangers."

"Habits are made to be broken, and I promise I won't look. Go on, I dare you!"

She laughed out loud at that. She didn't believe him, and she didn't know why she was even considering it - it was so out of character for her. She'd barely recovered from the surprise of seeing her beloved dog frolicking in a swimming pool with a naked man, albeit a rather handsome man, with dark hair and a nicely tanned body. She was actually quite jealous of the pair of them, cooling off and looking happy and relaxed whilst she was all muddy and sweaty. She couldn't really take him up on his offer, though, could she? On the other hand, the idea made her feel deliciously naughty, and he'd dared her. How did he know that she could never resist a dare? She made up her mind on an impulse.

"Turn around!"

Dutifully he faced away from her, then twisted his head just enough to catch a glimpse out of the corner of his eye of her pulling the yellow dress over her head. She hesitated for a moment, then reached behind her back to unfasten her white bra, and, after another second's indecision, hooked her fingers into the sides of plain cotton panties and eased them down. A fleeting vision of small but well-rounded breasts, a smooth stomach and a neat dark triangle between her thighs, and then she was slipping into the water at the other end of the pool with barely a splash.

"Ooh, that's cold!"

"You'll soon warm up, trust me!"

She was sceptical.

"Hmmm, I hope so. And can I? Trust you, I mean."

"Of course. I'm a perfect gentleman!"

King joyfully doggy-paddled over to her, tail wagging furiously, and began licking her face as she laughed.

"I can't believe I'm doing this. This is all your fault, you daft dog!"

She hugged the animal as it squirmed and wriggled out of her grasp before swimming away again.

Greg watched the pair of them happily, delighted at this unexpected turn of events. He caught the girl looking at him from the opposite end of the pool, and the eye contact made him breathe a little faster. It was she who finally broke it, smiling at him and launching herself into an easy breast stroke, moving gracefully through the water towards him.

Close up, she looked gorgeous, and in spite of some evident shyness, her eyes were sparkling. She spoke softly.

"Hello!"

"Hello! I'm Greg. Pleased to meet you, ma'am!"

She giggled at the formality, and responded in kind.

"Why, thank you, good sir. I'm Alice."

They shook hands, smiling, and he tried to maintain eye contact, even though he was acutely aware of her naked breasts bobbing just below the surface of the water, and he could see delightful impressions of bare female flesh shimmering in the depths. He saw her eyes flick downwards, too, and hoped that she couldn't see exactly how pleased he was to see her. Slightly embarrassed, he swam off in a rather self-conscious front crawl.

"Oh, this is bliss. I could seriously get used to swimming like this."

"Have you never been skinny dipping?"

"Not since I was about five!"

"It's the only way to swim. Be warned, though - once you've done it, you won't ever want to go back to clammy swimming costumes!"

"What, you mean you've ruined me for life?"

"Oh, I do hope so ..."

It had slipped out before he could judge whether it was appropriate. He was out of the habit of flirting and the whole mating game, but something about this girl made him feel comfortable, and much bolder than normal. Even so, she was too young, and out of his league, and he didn't want to scare her off. Best give her a bit more space.

"OK, I've been in so long I'm getting wrinkly. Well, even more wrinkly than normal. I'll go and find you a towel."

He hauled himself out of the water at the side of the pool, eschewing the steps, as was his habit.

"Mmmm, nice bum! And not wrinkly at all!"

He froze for a moment, suddenly very self-conscious, then impulsively turned his head and yelled back.

"Nice boobs!"

"You peeked!"

"Yeah, I couldn't resist. You're beautiful."

She went quiet at that, and he was afraid that he'd gone too far. He padded away from the pool and busied himself rummaging for a dry towel in the log cabin just across the lawn. It was a long time since he'd had company in the garden, and he didn't want it to end. He found a spare towel in the chest of drawers, a brightly coloured beach towel which brought back unbidden memories. This one hasn't been out since ... he shook his head to banish the thought.

Returning to the lawn, he folded the towel and placed it carefully at the edge of the flagstones by the pool, avoiding looking at her. He went back to his own towel, spread out on the grass, and lay down on his stomach. The sun warmed his bare back, and he quickly relaxed again, listening to the sound of happy splashing as Alice and King frolicked in the water. He closed his eyes and reflected on the joy of being in the presence of a beautiful, naked young woman. His pleasant meditations were rudely interrupted.

"Arrrggghhhh!"

A freezing cold shower of water soaked him as King shook himself vigorously right next to Greg's towel, then wandered nonchalantly off to explore the garden. Greg sat up to towel himself off again, and heard peals of laughter from the pool.

"I'm sorry! He's a very naughty boy!"

She didn't sound very sorry, but he forgave her instantly as he looked at her happy face and dripping forearms folded over the side of the pool.

"Well, he's definitely not the Messiah!"

She laughed, and he was ridiculously gratified that she had picked up the allusion immediately.

He lay back down again, soaking up some more sun, until a shadow fell over his face.

"Hey."

She was standing next to him, the middle two thirds of her body wrapped in the towel he'd left for her. Her expression was uncertain now, little worry lines furrowing her brow.

"Um, are you sure this is OK? I feel as though I shouldn't be here. What about your family?"

"It's OK, Alice, don't worry. We're all alone - the kids have long since left home."

"Oh. And, um, your wife?"

"She died two years ago."

"Oh, shit, I'm so sorry. Me and my big mouth. I didn't mean to pry ..."

She was genuinely upset, and he quickly moved to reassure her.

"Shhhh, you weren't prying, and you couldn't possibly have known. Just relax, and come and join me. Please?"

She smiled gratefully, and simply dropped the towel, spreading it out next to his and lying down on her tummy. He stared, fascinated, at the way the water formed tiny droplets and little rivulets on her smooth, lightly tanned skin. He admired the curve of her back and the swell of her buttocks, small but nicely rounded and much paler, unused to the exposure, like her breasts. As if aware of his attention, she turned her head towards him, the warmth of her smile infectious, and their eyes met again.

"How about you? Attached?"

She shook her head.

"Semi-detached, you might say. Divorced, with one daughter of fifteen."

"That must be tough."

She shrugged, but he could see the sadness in her eyes.

"I'm used to it. He left when she was two."

"Oh, wow. You brought her up alone?"

"Yes. It hasn't always been ... easy."

He sensed her reticence, and dropped the subject. She smiled at him gratefully.

"Thank you for inviting me in."

"Thank you for taking me up on it. That took a lot of courage."

She did feel strangely proud of her uncharacteristic daring.

"It's weird, it's completely out of character for me. I'm generally quite shy until you get to know me."

"I can sense that. I like it - it means a lot. And I would like to get to know you."

Blushing slightly, she turned her head to hide her face. What was she doing, flirting with a total stranger? And a naked one, at that. It did feel good, though, reawakening a part of her which had been dormant for too long. She had a bit of a thing for older men, and he was handsome and funny and kind. She imagined his gentle hands roaming over her bare skin ... No, no, no, stop it! It was just a chance encounter, ships passing in the night. She gave herself a good telling off, but still couldn't seem to shift the stupid grin from her face.

"I think my back is done. I don't want to get a burnt bum!"

She rolled over onto her back, and the temptation was just too great. He propped himself up on one elbow, and openly admired her nude form.

"You really are beautiful."

She opened her eyes and saw him staring. There was a yearning in his look, a hunger which thrilled her to the core. He looked as though he wanted to eat her. She imagined that for a moment, and how it would feel. She was definitely blushing now. She tried to cover her confusion by demurring.

"No, I'm not. My boobs are too small, I have cellulite and my belly is fat."

"Nonsense. You're perfect."

Surprising himself, he reached out a hand and gently trailed the backs of his fingers across the smooth, soft skin of her stomach. She flinched, and he whipped his hand away immediately.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. I don't know what ..."

"No, no, don't apologise. I was just a bit ... surprised. It's been a long while since anybody touched me."

"Me, too. I'm really sorry, I don't want you to think that ..."

It was her turn to reassure him.

"Shhhh. It felt really nice. Don't stop ..."

He repeated the movement, and this time there was no doubting that the slight trembling which communicated itself to his hand was a frisson of pleasure.

"I love your tummy. And I can't see any cellulite."

"Keep looking ..."

His fingertips trailed up the front of her thighs, back to her belly, then continued higher.

"No, still nothing. And as for your breasts ..."

The warm mound fitted perfectly into the palm of his hand. He heard a tiny moan, and watched, enthralled, as the dark areola crinkled and the nipple formed into a little peak of desire.

Her hand snaked round the back of his neck and pulled him in, and the taste of her lips was like red wine, voluptuous and rich, full of the warmth and promise of an endless summer's day.

Their bodies melded together, both of them revelling in the warmth of human contact, unfamiliar after such a long time. The kiss deepened, their tongues engaged in a playful duel, probing, feinting and parrying. He'd never experienced a kiss quite like it, especially when, with their lips still locked together, her large and very wet tongue licked him from earlobe to hairline ... Wait! What?! He pulled away and sat up to find herself face to face with her dog, who was grinning at him and preparing to lick his face again.

Alice sat up abruptly, wondering what she'd done wrong to make Greg pull away so suddenly, then burst into giggles when she saw the cause. She glanced anxiously at Greg, and was relieved that he clearly saw the funny side of it, too. She leaned across him and wrapped her arms around the animal's neck. King wagged his tail happily as she stage whispered in his ear.

"You're not much of a guard dog, are you? You're supposed to be defending my honour, and here you are, making love to my assailant!"

"Assailant? A bit harsh!"

"Well, maybe I was a little bit to blame, too. It's funny, though - he's normally so protective, and won't let anyone near me."

"Clearly a highly intelligent, discerning dog. Or maybe he just wanted me to make love to him, too."

She punched his arm in mock outrage.

"Ewww, pervert!"

"Don't worry, I draw the line at bestiality."

"I'm glad to hear it!"

"And where do you draw the line, Alice?"

She picked up the dog's mis-shapen ball and tossed it towards the pool. There was a small splash, followed by a much larger one as King launched himself after his toy. She turned back to Greg, a little smile playing around her lips.

"Oh, that would be telling. I think that's for you to find out ..."

He kissed her tenderly on the lips.

"In that case, I want you to lie back, close your eyes and relax."

"Are you trying to seduce me, Sir?"

He smiled to himself. He'd been out of the game for so long that he had no idea how to seduce a woman, especially a feisty, adventurous one like Alice, but it wouldn't do to let her know that.

"Yes. Yes I am." he said firmly and crushed his lips against hers.

He had no idea how far or how fast to go, but he found that he could learn a lot from her body language. When she tipped her head sideways, exposing her neck, he kissed the soft skin below her ear, and was rewarded with a little sigh of pleasure. Emboldened, he ran a palm over the curve of her breasts, just grazing the nipples, and she arched her back, pressing the stiff nubs more firmly into his hand. He kissed her and stroked her body for a long time, enchanted by her curves and hollows and the fine hairs on her arms which stood to attention when he caressed them.

It was difficult for her to relax and stay passive at first, but his gentle touch and soft kisses were all that she had imagined and more, and her body quickly responded, her muscles seeming to liquefy even as her heart beat faster until it was pounding against her ribs. She quivered in delight at the touch of his fingertips on the sensitive hairs at the nape of her neck. She was liquefying inside, too, and found herself aching for his touch there. His fingers were stroking her belly now. Yes! Lower! More! They playfully ruffled her pubic hair, and she drew up her knees and parted them in wanton invitation.

At last his hand slipped between her thighs and closed over her sex, and she moaned in sweet relief. His fingers delicately parted first the soft hairs, then the rose pink lips, and found the heat and wetness inside. She was so responsive to his touch that he forgot his nervousness and concentrated purely on her pleasure. He shifted position so he could slide his left arm under her neck, and she smiled dreamily at him, relishing the unfamiliar but amazingly reassuring feeling of being cradled in someone's arms. She closed her eyes again and gasped as the fingers of his right hand found the centre of her pleasure and began to spread her own juices all around and over it.

He adored the way her back arched and her pelvis rocked under his hand, but most of all he loved the sighs and moans and little mewling noises she emitted as his fingers explored her pussy. He was learning fast, abandoning the movements which elicited no response, repeating the ones which she seemed to like most, experimenting with different speeds and pressures until she gasped, then keeping that rhythm going whilst her vocalisations became louder and louder.

The feelings were mounting rapidly within her. The intimacy and his utter concentration on her needs were, if anything, more arousing than the physical stimulation. Even so, the wave of overwhelming pleasure which washed over her took her completely by surprise. Oh, God, she couldn't be ... Her eyes shot wide open in shocked surprise and locked onto his warm brown gaze, smiling down at her with quiet pride as the orgasm crashed through her.

He watched in awe as her whole torso shuddered, and then she flung her arms around his neck and gripped him so tightly that he thought she might strangle him. His finger never stopped moving, though, and she wailed in his ear as her body convulsed in ecstasy, then sagged in his arms, turned to jelly. She looked completely drained, but as he gazed tenderly down at her, she opened her eyes.

"I don't believe it. You made me come."

He smiled at her uncertainly.

"Well, I believe that was the general idea ... um, should I apologise? Did I go too far?"

"Don't you dare! It's just that I almost never come, and you did it the first time."

Her words thrilled him, and he tried, unsuccessfully, to hide a smile which was a weird mixture of triumph and bashfulness.

"Beginner's luck. It's just been a long time, and probably anybody could have ..."

"Shut up!"

She kissed him fiercely, silencing his awkward babblings, and he found himself lying on his back with her at his side, her expression happy but curiously intense. She spoke softly, all innocence.

"Oh. Did I do that?"

She was looked pointedly at his crotch, where his erection waved forlornly in the breeze, pre-cum oozing from the shiny, swollen head.

"Er, yes. You do seem to have had quite an effect on me."

"Mmmm. I think we'd better do something about that."

Her fingertip traced a line of little electric shocks from the base to the tip of his shaft, and his cock grew even harder. Cool, slender fingers wrapped tentatively around his warmth and he closed his eyes in pure ecstasy and groaned.

ariel58
ariel58
84 Followers
12