Man's Best Friend Ch. 02

Story Info
Greg and Alice's relationship deepens.
2.9k words
4.77
16.8k
13

Part 2 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ariel58
ariel58
84 Followers

Alice couldn't remember the last time she'd been on a date, or the last time she'd been this nervous. She had been in a state of confusion ever since she'd met Greg - everything had happened too fast that first day, and she didn't know why she'd been so brazen. On the other hand, she couldn't quite bring herself to regret it. She'd been so lonely, and he was a lovely guy who had made her feel attractive and given her so much pleasure, but still ...

She resolved that whatever happened tonight, she wouldn't sleep with him. She needed to rewind the clock and start again, see if he was genuinely interested in her rather than just sex.

She was a full fifteen minutes early arriving at the restaurant, and sat in her car, checking and re-checking her make-up in the vanity mirror; well-named, she chided herself, but it wasn't vanity but insecurity which made her worry about how she looked. Would he even turn up?

Her question was answered almost immediately by another car pulling in next to hers, with a familiar face at the wheel. He was early, too! She got out, her nerves jangling, but forgot all about that when he swept her into his arms and hugged her tightly.

"Hi, Alice, you look amazing! Hope you haven't been waiting long?"

"Only a few minutes," she said, omitting to mention that it had seemed like hours.

"You don't believe in being fashionably late, then?"

"No, I hate being late for anything, or letting people down."

Greg approved of that - he'd never been one for one-upmanship or tardiness, either. He stood aside to let her enter the restaurant first, following her as the waiter greeted them and led them to a table for two in a quiet alcove. She was lovely in a simple white dress, her long, dark tresses reaching halfway down her back.

"Would you like a drink first?"

"Yes, I could do with one, I think. A dry white wine, please."

"Nervous?"

"A little," she admitted with a wry smile.

"That's OK, I am, too."

"Really?"

"Yes. I feel as though I took advantage of you the other day, and I really want to apologise for that."

"I don't think you took advantage. I encouraged you, but I did feel bad about it afterwards. Um ... could we just start again? Please?"

"Of course. Let's just relax and enjoy a good meal. No pressure."

She smiled at him gratefully.

"Thank you, I appreciate that."

"How's Chloe?"

He remembered her daughter's name! A little thing, perhaps, but it made her warm to him.

"She's fine, thanks. My parents are taking care of her tonight."

It was the second time she'd used that phrase, and her choice of words struck him as a little odd. She'd told him that Chloe was fifteen, so shouldn't need much taking care of. She seemed quite reticent to talk about her daughter or her ex-husband, although that was understandable, he supposed, or perhaps it was just the fact that it was their first proper date.

He let it pass, and they concentrated on choosing their food, opting for the most exotic dishes they could find on the menu. She was still a little nervous, but he had a way of making her smile with his easy, self-deprecating humour and drawing her out by showing a genuine interest in her life and what she had to say.

By the time their starters had arrived, they were deep in conversation; he had discovered that she worked part-time as a secretary at her daughter's school, whilst she was surprised by his admission that he was retired from work.

"Aren't you a little young to be retired? I mean, you're, what, fifty?"

He grinned.

"Flattery will get you everywhere! I'm fifty-eight. I retired at fifty-five because I had the chance to take voluntary redundancy, and because we had all kinds of things we wanted to do before we got too old. It was only a few months after that that Isobel was diagnosed with cancer, and I spent the next year nursing her, before ..."

She reached out and touched his arm, and her eyes were full of sympathy and understanding.

"I'm so sorry. That must have been awful."

He pulled himself together. He didn't want to be a downer and make it all about himself. Not tonight.

"You've had your share of difficult times, too. Bringing up a child on your own. You must have been very young when you had her."

"I was nineteen, and had no idea what I was doing!"

"You're thirty-four? I would have guessed late twenties!"

"Now who's the flatterer? I'm thirty-five, actually!"

"Well, you don't look it. Although I'm actually a bit relieved to hear you say that."

"Why? Because you don't feel like quite so much of a cradle-snatcher?"

Busted! She had his number, all right, but he loved the candour and impish sense of humour which lurked behind her shyness and which was coming to the surface more and more as she relaxed.

"Yes, to be perfectly honest. I don't feel quite so bad now I know that you're an older woman."

She giggled and poked her tongue out at him.

"Watch it, old man! You're still old enough to be my father, you know ..."

He was acutely aware of that, and coloured slightly, for once unable to think of a witty reply. She noticed his discomfiture and placed her hand on his on top of the tablecloth.

"Hey, I'm teasing. I like that you're older. It makes me feel ... safer, somehow."

Their eyes met, and he saw that it was true. Beneath her shell there was a vulnerable little girl. The realisation brought out all of his protective instincts, and he resolved on the spot that he would do everything in his power not to hurt her. She searched his gaze, and saw nothing but genuine concern and care in them. Damn, she could get lost in those warm, brown eyes. Get a grip, girl!

He watched her eat with relish, clearly not a picky eater, enjoying her food as he did. Most of all, though, he was enjoying her company. He loved seeing her come out of her shell, her eyes sparkling as she teased him, or serious as she opened up about herself. He couldn't believe how lucky he'd been that her dog had wandered into his garden that fateful day, and brought her to him. He didn't want this evening to end.

Even the silences between chat as they ate weren't at all awkward now, much more companionable, and punctuated with shared glances and smiles. The time flew by, and before they knew it, they were done.

"That was delicious, but I'm completely stuffed now!"

He chuckled and called for the bill, then reached over and claimed it as soon as it arrived.

"Let me pay half, Greg."

"No, it's my treat. I insist."

The words were spoken mock-seriously, and although she felt slightly guilty at the inequality of it, she couldn't help admitting to herself that she liked it when he took charge. Huh, so much for her feminist principles ...

The tension returned as they left the restaurant and walked towards their cars. She turned to him shyly.

"Thank you for a lovely evening."

"Thank you, Alice. I really enjoyed it, too."

He awkwardly bent down to kiss her on the cheek, just as she turned her head to do the same, and their lips brushed for a fraction of a second.

"Oh, sorry!"

They were like a couple of teenagers, so unsure of themselves, and the incongruity of the situation made her laugh nervously. He smiled at her.

"What's so funny?"

"I was just thinking that at my age I should know how to say goodbye to someone."

His eyes searched her face.

"Is it goodbye?"

"Um, no, not like that. Unless you want it to be ..."

"No, I don't," he said firmly, "I really want to see you again."

She smiled in relief.

"Me, too."

"Good. Shall we try that again, then?"

He put his hands on her shoulders and kissed her very softly on the lips, and then somehow her arms were around his neck and the kiss was deep and never-ending and everything felt so right. All her resolutions were evaporating in his arms, and she didn't care. She didn't want this night to end, and she didn't want to go home to her lonely bed.

Finally they had to come up for air, and he said, hesitantly.

"Um, do you have to go home yet?"

Her heart beat a little faster.

"No. Not until tomorrow lunchtime."

She realised the implications of what she'd just said, and blushed a little.

"I meant it when I said no pressure, Alice. Much as I'd love you to come home with me, you don't have to. I don't want you to feel bad again."

And that was what made her mind up, the fact that he wasn't pushing and that he was thinking about her feelings. She wanted to be with him, and she'd be damned if she'd let her stupid inhibitions and conventions stop her. She'd been miserable for long enough.

She whispered shyly in his ear.

"You lead, and I'll follow."

The way she said it made him think that she wasn't just talking about driving to his place. He kissed her softly on the lips.

"Thank you. I will."

He clambered into his car and set off for home, watching her headlights following him, his heart beating quickly in anticipation. Her odd mixture of shyness and seductiveness was intoxicating, but he knew that he must be patient and take good care of her. He didn't want to lose her.

At his house, more nervous laughter and fumbling for his keys.

"It seems strange to be going in the front."

"Yes, you prefer the back way, don't you?"

He wondered whether his instinctive retort was too crass, but her mood seemed much less shy, more carefree now. She giggled at the double entendre and punched his arm playfully.

"You're impossible!"

He closed the door behind them.

"Anything is possible!"

He took her face in his hands and kissed her, and she thought of all the things which were possible. She needed to make them come true, before her courage failed her, or she got too old. He was speaking to her again.

"Would you like a drink?"

"No, thanks. Will you take me to bed? Please?"

That wasn't what he'd been expecting at all, and he gaped for a moment before quickly recovering himself. Would he ever understand this amazing girl?

He took her hand and led her up the stairs to his bedroom. It was sparsely furnished, and dominated by the large, pine bed. He saw her looking at the framed photos of his wife and kids which were the only decoration on the walls.

"Um, would it be better if we went to another room?"

She shook her head slowly.

"Not unless you'd prefer that?"

"No. It's time I moved on."

She nodded.

"In that case, would you do me a favour? Would you undress me, please? Nobody has ever done that."

Astonished, he replied seriously:

"I'd love to."

He took his time, unwrapping her like a precious gift, kissing her neck as he unzipped the dress and carefully lifted it up and over her head to reveal a pretty matching set of white cotton and lace underwear. She shivered slightly and he held her close, murmuring in her ear.

"Let me take care of everything."

He fumbled behind her back, finally managing to release the clip of her bra, then knelt in front of her and kissed her stomach while she smiled down at him. Looking for permission in her eyes, he hooked his fingertips into the sides of her panties and slowly slid them down. Still kneeling, he gazed up at her nakedness. She'd never felt more appreciated.

"You really are beautiful."

"Shhhh, you'll make me blush. And now you're wearing too much."

As he stood, she undid his shirt buttons, sliding her hands across his chest as each new part was exposed, then reached for his waist, undoing his belt. He felt his trousers fall to the floor, and he gasped as her fingers brushed against his erection through the thin cotton of his underwear. Cool air caressed him as she carefully pulled the waistband forward and down, releasing his already hard cock from its confinement.

He pulled her into another embrace, relishing the warmth of her lips and the feeling of her bare skin against his own. He gently pushed her into a reclining position on the bed and knelt beside her.

"Keep still."

Easier said than done as his hands stroked all over her, but there was something incredibly liberating about submitting to his touch, lying back and selfishly luxuriating in the wonderful feelings he was engendering in her. His warm, wet mouth closed over one engorged nipple, then the other, making her ache with lust. He laid a trail of tiny kisses down the soft skin of her stomach, lower and lower ...

She struggled to a seated position.

"No, you don't have to do that ..."

He pushed her slowly down onto her back again.

"I want to. I want to taste you."

It dawned on her that he really meant it, and besides, she loved it when he took control, allowing her to enjoy all the pleasure and none of the guilt. She didn't resist when his strong hands parted her knees and stroked their way down the sensitive skin of the inside of her thighs, opening her up, exposing everything to his gaze ...

"Beautiful."

He lowered his head and the first feather-light kiss on her pussy made her start, then she moaned out loud as he licked her from bottom to top. It felt so intimate, so much better than her fingers, or even his. She'd thought that her smell or taste would put him off, that no man would willingly do that, and yet here he was, worshipping her pussy with his mouth and tongue as though it were an irresistible delicacy.

His eager tongue parted her petals and explored all of her folds, making her breath go ragged, and then it flicked her most sensitive spot and she was lost, crying out in pleasure and arching her back, desperate for more.

She was so aroused, her juices flowing freely as his merciless tongue teased and tormented, driving her onwards and upwards until she couldn't bear it any more. Hardly knowing what she was doing, she grabbed his head in her hands and ground it into her crotch, her whole body tensing as his mouth and tongue mashed against her pussy and she screamed out her orgasm.

Dazed and more than a little high from the endorphins coursing through her bloodstream, she became aware of his grinning face hovering over her, glistening with her juices.

"Oh, my God," she breathed, "thank you! I never knew it could ..."

She reached up and pulled him down on top of her, squeezing him tightly and kissing him passionately, tasting her own juices on his tongue. She pushed his head away again and spoke urgently.

"I need you inside me. Now! Please!"

She reached between their bodies and grabbed his erection, guiding it to her entrance and raising her hips, then sighing in deep satisfaction when it was finally completely sheathed inside her. For Greg, it felt like coming home. He'd planned to take things slowly, be patient and gentle with her, but her childlike enthusiasm and eagerness were contagious, and he needed little encouragement to start thrusting, feeling her thighs grip his own and her ankles cross behind his back, pulling him in deeper on every stroke.

Fuck, he wasn't going to last long at this rate, and it suddenly occurred to him that he had no idea whether she was on any kind of contraception. He froze in mid-stroke, racked with indecision. Not for the first time, she read his mind, hoarsely driving him on.

"Don't stop, come inside me! Fill me up!"

Her provocative words were all it took to push him to the edge, and with a loud cry he grabbed her hips and began to thrust wildly, pushing in as far as he could go. Moments later his cock pulsated uncontrollably and sprayed his come deep inside her. They clung together like shipwreck survivors on a life raft, their sweaty bodies entwined as though they could never be separated.

When enough of his senses had returned to realise that he was probably crushing her, he rolled off and took her in his arms. She laid her head on his still-heaving chest and listened to his heartbeat. With his strong arms wrapped around her, she'd never felt such a feeling of contentment, of belonging. If she'd known sex could be this good, she wouldn't have gone without for so long!

"I'm sorry I was so quick ..."

She smiled at that.

"I don't care, I'll take it as a compliment. It felt so good to feel you inside me."

"But you didn't ..."

"That doesn't matter. I never do, but it was amazing anyway."

"It's you who's amazing. I'm so glad I met you. I'm going to take such good care of you."

She sighed deeply, and smiled up into his eyes.

"That sounds nice. And I love using you as a pillow. Can I stay here forever, please?"

Laughter rumbled in his chest beneath her cheek.

"Yes, baby. Forever."

ariel58
ariel58
84 Followers