Man's Best Friend Ch. 10

Story Info
The final chapter.
3.7k words
4.82
11.8k
12

Part 10 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ariel58
ariel58
84 Followers

There was much excitement as they sat at the end of the runway, awaiting clearance to take off. It was their first holiday as a family, and the first time that Alice and Chloe had ever flown.

Greg had been impressed at the way the airline staff had handled Chloe and her wheelchair, laughing and chatting to her as they expertly manipulated the chair onto the aircraft and had her sitting comfortably in her seat in no time. He knew that Alice had been dreading the whole process, but it was all done with the minimum of fuss, and assurances that they would be met at the other end and that her chair would be waiting for her.

He turned and smiled at her.

"There you go, that was easy."

"They're great! Let's hope the people over there are as good."

"It'll be fine."

She squeezed his hand, then gripped it tightly as the engines throttled up and the aircraft began to accelerate down the runway. He noticed with a smile that, across the aisle from them, Chloe was also hanging on for grim death to his daughter's hand as Kim, a seasoned traveller like himself, reassured her that the noise and being pressed back on their seats was perfectly normal. Like mother, like daughter, he thought with a fond smile.

Then they were airborne, on their way to Portugal for their first holiday together, indeed their first trip away of any kind since Alice and her daughter had finally moved in with Greg and his own daughter. He was so happy to be with Alice full-time, and the living arrangements seemed to be working out really well. Kim had hit it off with Chloe, helping to transform her new room and teaching her guitar. He now knew what he could get Chloe for Christmas. The girls were inseparable - Kim was great at keeping Chloe entertained and cheering her up when the younger girl was going through one of her periodic mood swings, whilst having Chloe around was undoubtedly helping Kim to get over her break up with Abby. They were good for each other.

He'd confided in Alice that he was a little worried as to whether he and she would be quite such eager lovers once they were actually living together, but she'd just laughed.

"You'd better believe it, baby! I'll keep you young!"

She hadn't been wrong. In spite of their age difference of over twenty years, he felt energised by her prodigious appetite and eager, almost innocent enthusiasm for sex, and if anything their lovemaking was more frequent now than ever.

For Alice, moving into Greg's place provided her with the security and family atmosphere she had craved since she was a small child and her father had left them. Her mother had remarried later, and while she loved her stepfather, even calling him Dad, she couldn't forget all those years when she'd grown up in a one-parent family. Alice had married young, desperate for love and companionship, only to have all her worst fears realised when her own husband, unable to come to terms with bringing up a disabled daughter, had abandoned them.

Greg kept her grounded and ridiculously happy, and she was now seriously thinking about whether she still needed to keep on her old flat, which had been empty for several months, but which she had been reluctant to sell until she was absolutely sure that it was going to work out with Greg. The mortgage payments took up a big chunk of her salary, and perhaps it was time to let it go. Her train of thought was derailed by Chloe leaning across the aisle.

"Mum, I wonder what King's doing right now. Do you think he'll be OK?"

"Probably sleeping or stuffing his face, as usual! He'll be fine, Grandma's used to looking after him, and it's only for a week."

She had to admit to herself that she'd miss him, but her mother had told her to leave the dog with them, as it would be hard enough to get around with four of them and a wheelchair, without taking a large dog, too, and Alice was forced to agree.

Food and drinks came and went, and before she knew it, they were already starting the descent into Faro airport. Chloe had decided that flying was amazing, and that she'd learn to fly herself when she was old enough. Alice wasn't sure that there were such things as light aircraft modified for disabled people, but she knew her resourceful daughter well enough to know that if she put her mind to something, she'd make it happen.

The Portuguese ground handling staff proved to be just as efficient as their British counterparts, and they were whisked off the plane and through customs and baggage reclaim, held up only by the queue at the car rental desk. Greg eventually managed to make it to the front and to sign all the paperwork for the vehicle he'd pre-booked, making sure that it had enough space for all their luggage and the wheelchair.

He took some ribbing over his uncertain start at driving on the "wrong" side of the road, especially when he tried to change gear and found himself winding down the driver's window instead, but he'd done this before, and it quickly came back to him. They were glad of the car's air conditioning, unaccustomed to the bright sun beating down and making the air shimmer hazily above the road as they made their way west.

The apartment, chosen for its accessibility in terms of both wheelchairs and proximity to the beach and town centre, proved to be quite small, but perfectly adequate, and the resort itself was ideal - away from the massive developments and noisy crowds of the Algarve, but with enough shops and restaurants and nightlife to stop the girls from getting bored.

That evening, Greg showered and looked at himself critically in the mirror before dressing for their evening out at the local restaurant he had chosen as they strolled around the town in the afternoon, getting their bearings. He was nervous, since he was harbouring a secret from Alice and the girls. It made him feel guilty and furtive, as he hated keeping anything from her, but sometimes it was absolutely necessary, and this was definitely one of those times.

It was a beautiful evening, warm and balmy, and they sat outside the picturesque bistro, enjoying both the view of the beach and the dark water beyond and some delicious home-cooked food. Kim had even found a vegan option on the menu, and she was surprised and gratified when Chloe chose the same. Alice was amused when she heard Chloe say that she was seriously thinking about turning vegetarian, too. Kim was certainly having an influence on her daughter, but Alice didn't mind at all. It was good for her to have a close friend, and Chloe certainly seemed happier these days.

Kim couldn't help noticing that her father seemed a little ill at ease, in spite of the relaxed atmosphere and chatter around the table. Alice, too, sensed that Greg was rather quiet, and she reached over and squeezed his hand.

"Are you happy, darling?"

His face cracked into a smile as he beamed at her.

"Very, my love. But you could make me even happier."

Alice searched his face, slightly concerned now. She spoke rather more loudly than she'd intended.

"What do you mean?"

Other conversation ceased abruptly and hush descended around the table as he made no reply at first, fumbling awkwardly in his pocket before turning back to her.

"I love you so much, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Kim put her hand to her mouth, her eyes wide as she abruptly realised why her father had been so nervous.

"Alice, will you marry me?"

Alice sat there, stunned, looking at the little open box with the solitaire diamond twinkling in the candlelight. Everyone round the table held their breath, their eyes fixed on her. Her heart was overflowing as she gazed at his anxious face with eyes which were suddenly full of tears, and she knew what her answer had to be.

"Yes! Yes!! I will!!"

Pandemonium ensued, with Chloe and Kim hugging each other, diners at nearby tables bursting into spontaneous cheers and a round of applause, and the waiters coming out to see what on earth was going on. Greg and Alice were oblivious, holding each other close, their mouths locked in a passionate kiss.

Chloe coughed.

"Ahem! About bloody time, too. Now, can we have some dessert?"

Everyone fell about laughing, there were more hugs and kisses all round, and the restaurant owner appeared, producing a bottle of bubbly with a flourish.

"On the house, my friends. Congratulations, we wish you much happiness!"

Alice was still shaking as she sipped from her glass and smiled at him.

"I can't believe you did that in front of everybody! What if I'd said no?"

He grinned ruefully.

"I was terrified," he admitted. "I'd probably have run away!"

"Oh, you must have known I wouldn't do that to you. I love you, and besides, I can never say no to you ..."

Chloe piped up from across the table.

"Huh, you say it to me often enough!"

"Hush, daughter of mine. I'm not marrying you!"

Chloe grinned and reached out to grab both their hands.

"Seriously, guys, I'm really happy for both of you."

She gave Greg a sideways look.

"So, does that mean I have to call you Dad now?"

Greg laughed.

"We're not married yet, and no, you don't have to do that. Greg will do just fine, young lady."

Kim butted in.

"You can call me Sis, if you like, Chloe!"

"You're on!"

When they finally left the restaurant amidst a chorus of good wishes, Alice turned to Greg.

"Shall we go for a walk along the beach?"

"Good idea," said Chloe, then went quiet for a moment as Kim murmured in her ear, before continuing.

"Er, actually, I'm a bit tired. We'll head off back to the apartment, if that's OK?"

Greg smiled at his diplomatic daughter and handed her one of the apartment keys.

"Thanks, Kim. Will you be all right with the chair?"

"No problem. Come on, Chloe. Night, all!"

Greg and Alice grinned at each other and strolled down towards the beach. Alice put her arm around him.

"That's really sweet of them."

"It was, and now I get you all to myself for a bit."

The soft white sand shone in the light from the street lamps and gave beneath their feet as they walked. Greg's nervousness was gone, and he felt a warm glow of pure happiness inside, while Alice reflected that this might just be the best day of her life. They chatted as they strolled, stopping every few minutes for another kiss, completely wrapped up in each other, until eventually Alice looked over her shoulder. They'd come a long way, rounding the headland, and the lights of the town looked a long way off, twinkling in the distance. They were all alone on the beach, and the only sound was the soft boom of waves breaking on the sand some distance out.

They made their way to the water's edge and stood watching the moon rise, its soft reflection dancing in the waves and glinting off the ring on her finger.

Alice looked all around, then kissed him softly.

"Let's go skinny dipping."

"We don't have any towels. What if someone sees us?"

But she was already undoing her skirt and blouse, and he watched as she unhooked her bra and stepped out of her panties, her skin luminous in the moonlight. Naked, she was achingly beautiful, unreal, a goddess.

"We're all alone, my love."

As if in a dream, he removed his own clothes, and hand in hand, they walked into the waves, the only people in the universe. When the water was up to their shoulders, they turned to each other and kissed again, long and deep. He pulled her in close, her softness pressed against him, the lovelight shining in her eyes. She wrapped her arms around his neck, her legs around his waist, his hardness pressed against her belly. His hands went under her bottom, supporting her weight in the water, and she whispered in his ear.

"I want to make love to you. Just hold me."

She reached down and he felt her slender fingers guiding him inside, and then she used her arms on his shoulders as levers to move her body, her nipples sliding up and down his chest and her pussy massaging the length of his cock. He watched the silvery water cascade from her hair and shoulders and gazed into her eyes with awe and love as she brought him to the brink of orgasm. When she knew for sure that he couldn't hold back any longer, she used her legs to pull him deep inside her, squeezed him with her pussy, held his gaze and said,

"I love you so much."

He gasped as her body milked his cock, the intensity of pleasure almost making his knees buckle. When she felt him fill her with his hot seed, she relinquished her grip on his neck and allowed her head and shoulders to fall back until the top half of her body was floating, her legs still wrapped around his waist, his penis softening inside her. Her hair streamed out behind her, bobbing gently with the waves. She'd never felt so happy and at peace.

"I love you, too, Alice."

She relaxed her legs, stretching them on either side of him, and his penis slipped out of her as she slowly floated away, like a slender spacecraft undocking from its base. They swam a little, their bodies other-worldly and ethereal in the moonlight, and he marvelled again at how lucky he was. He pulled her to him, hugged her again and felt her shiver.

"OK, let's get you home, my little exhibitionist."

She giggled.

"Only for you, my darling."

The night air felt a lot colder as they finally emerged, streaming with water, and he dried her as best he could with his shirt, then struggled to put it back on. Damp and clammy, but blissfully happy, they walked back to the apartment, arm in arm, each knowing that they would soon be making love once more. It was just the start of their new life together ...

Epilogue

Ah, such happy memories. All those years ago, and yet she remembered that day he proposed to her in front of everyone as if it was yesterday. Alice smiled to herself, recalling the joy she'd felt, true happiness after being alone for so long, and the beauty and tenderness of their lovemaking in the sea and again that night, snuggled up in a bed which wasn't really big enough, so they awoke every morning in each other's arms, a tangle of sweaty, happy limbs.

So many other recollections, good and bad, but a lot more good than bad, and all because her dog had led her to his side one otherwise unremarkable day. It was funny, how the world could turn on some random, seemingly innocuous event and change your life forever. She still missed King, even though he'd been gone for more than ten years. Another memory popped into her head, and she chuckled.

"What's so funny?" asked Greg, looking up from his book.

"I was just remembering our wedding day, when King got hold of the cake!"

"Oh, God, yes! Absolute bedlam, caterers going nuts and chasing him around the garden!"

"That was hysterical. Everyone kept asking me if I was OK, and couldn't believe that I wasn't in tears at my day being ruined. I couldn't stop laughing!"

"Shame the photographer didn't catch that - would have looked good in the album."

"Who'd have thought that we'd have another wedding in the family just a couple of years later, too?"

"Yes, that was a surprise, although I guess we should have seen it coming."

Alice smiled.

"I did have an inkling, but didn't want to say anything in case I'd completely misread the signs."

"So, when did you first realise that they were more than just best friends?"

"I think it was at Chloe's eighteenth, when she said something about being legally an adult now, and I noticed the way Kim was looking at her."

"But nothing happened for a while after that, did it?"

"I don't think so. Chloe had had a crush on Kim since they first met, I think, but didn't imagine that Kim could possibly be interested in her in that way, and then Kim was so protective of Chloe - I think she was terrified of ruining their friendship. She hadn't even realised that Chloe was gay, too, until she took her to that night club. I never mentioned it, because I always thought that it was down to Chloe whether she wanted other people to know."

"That must have been an eye-opener for Chloe!"

"More for Kim than Chloe, I think! She told me much later that Chloe had been eyeing up the girls all night, then told her that none of them were up to scratch, because they weren't as gorgeous as Kim!"

"Yeah, Chloe has never been one to mince her words! That must have given Kim a bit of a clue!"

"True. Mind you, it still took a while. Did I ever tell you what your daughter said to mine on the night they finally got together, a few weeks later?"

"No, and Kim never told me."

"Chloe told me. She said that she'd been feeling particularly depressed, because Kim had been hanging out with some of her good looking girlfriends, and she was convinced that she'd lose her - that she'd never find anyone like Kim to love and would be alone forever. You remember how she got when she was feeling sorry for herself. Anyway, apparently Kim asked Chloe to go out with her one night, and Chloe said no, she didn't want cheering up, and she didn't want pity. Kim just turned round and said, 'Pity? I fucking love you, you stupid cow!'"

"She didn't! So romantic!"

"Well, that was it. Chloe burst into tears and Kim said sorry and cuddled her, which led to their first kiss, and Chloe finally realised that her feelings were reciprocated."

"Yes, and Kim never did move out of the house."

"No. I wonder whether she ever thought that Chloe's den, which she'd done all that fabulous art and design for, would one day become her room, too."

"I don't think so, although she may have been subconsciously dreaming of that. I'm amazed that it took them so long, in hindsight - they must both have been so frustrated, especially if their sex drive is anything like ours! I remember you telling me that you once overheard them discussing all the ways that a paraplegic could have sex!"

"Yes, they didn't know I was there. I was a bit shocked, but then I thought how good it was that they were so open with each other, not realising that they would actually be trying it out for real before long! They're well matched."

Greg chuckled.

"Do you remember when they were talking about minorities, and Chloe made some sardonic comment about being at the top of the target list for bigots as a disabled lesbian?"

"Yes, and Kim just said, 'Nah, you're too white'!"

"Not very PC, was it? Or how about when that idiot was taking photos at their wedding, and asked Chloe which one of these lovely ladies was the bride, and she said, 'Both. You got a problem with dykes, dickhead?'"

"Oh, God, yes, he spent the rest of the afternoon apologising! It was a lovely day, though, and they're so happy together."

He agreed.

"It felt a bit weird at first, almost incestuous, but when I think about it now, they were always perfect for each other. Sometimes the best couples are the ones which look a bit mismatched."

She flashed him a mischievous smile.

"Yes, I remember you worrying that you were too old for me."

"I was an idiot, remember? I still worry about you having to nurse me - I'm over seventy, for goodness sake."

"Hey, we've had fifteen amazing years already, and there's plenty more to come, I'm sure. I keep telling you, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Don't forget that I'm used to pushing wheelchairs!"

"Hah! I'm more worried about not being able to keep up with your insatiable appetite! I'm not as ever-ready as I used to be, babygirl!"

"I love it that you still call me that, even though I'm over fifty. And you're not doing so badly for geriatric. Nothing a blue pill or a good blow job won't cure!"

Greg chuckled and growled at her in mock annoyance.

"You'll always be my babygirl. You're still over twenty years younger than me, don't forget, and you're just as naughty as when I first met you - if I still had the energy, I'd shut you up by putting you over my knee right now for being so cheeky!"

ariel58
ariel58
84 Followers
12