Mariah's Angel

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mariah grew impatient and began thrusting down upon him. He got the hint and began to pump in and out of her. He then reached around, cupped her breasts into his hands and started teasing her nipples.

"Oh yes!" she cried out. "Don't stop!"

As much as he wanted to continue, Gabriel knew he wasn't going to last much longer. He increased his pace, thrusting into her faster and harder, trying to make Mariah reach her climax sooner.

Mariah whimpered in pleasure and he knew she was close. He lowered his hand between her legs and then rubbed her clit. She cried out and he felt her pussy tighten around his cock. He lost control then and shot his cum deep inside her.

After a few moments had passed, Mariah leaned her head back seeking a kiss and he happily obliged her with one. When their kiss ended, he pulled her closer to him and settled his arms around her. A few minutes later, they were both fast asleep.

"*****

"Mariah please wake up."

"Huh? What is it?" she asked groggily.

She slowly opened her eyes and saw Gabriel's face hovering above hers. Behind him she noticed the still darkened bedroom. "What time is it?"

"Almost morning," he replied. "I need to tell you something and I don't have a lot of time. You have to believe that everything I say is true."

"What is it?" she asked worriedly. He was sounding almost frantic.

"Last night I didn't just happen upon you on the bridge. I was sent here to stop you from ending your life."

"Sent here? By whom?"

"I'm an angel Mariah," he revealed. "More specifically I'm your angel."

It took her a second to absorb what he said. "What? Are you joking?"

"No I'm not. I didn't think things would turn out this way. You and me here together," he said. "I never expected to fall in love with you."

"You love me? And you're my angel?"

He nodded.

"Gabriel I don't know why you're saying these crazy things," she said angrily.

Was she wrong about him? Was he playing some cruel trick upon her?

"I'm telling you the truth," he insisted. "I know about the tragedy in your life and how lonely you've been. I already knew that your mother died last year. I know about how your husband cheated on you, why he did it I will never know and I consider him the biggest fool alive."

His voice then softened. "I know that you lost your baby and I'm truly sorry about that. Worst of all I know you have lost all hope in life."

"No," she said, shaking her head in disbelief. "How do you know those things?"

"Because I really am your angel Mariah and I was sent here to help you," he replied. "My time's running out and you need to hear this before I go."

Death is never the solution. Please don't deprive the world of the amazing and wonderful person you are. I know things are hard right now but you are a lot stronger than you think. I believe in you Mariah."

Suddenly his body began radiating light.

"Gabriel you're glowing!" she cried out.

"My time is up. They're calling me back," he said sadly.

His form became brighter and brighter.

"Oh my god. You're telling the truth!"

"I will never forget my time with you Mariah. Always know that I'll be watching over you."

"Gabriel please don't go," she cried, clinging to him. "Stay with me."

"I wish I could my Mariah," he said.

He leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips.

When she opened her eyes, he was gone.

*****

Gabriel didn't know how long he'd been waiting; only that it had been a good long while. He was sure he wouldn't be getting his wings. He broke the rules by getting intimately involved with Mariah. However, it didn't matter to him anymore. All he wanted was Mariah to be safe and happy.

Nicholas suddenly entered the chamber.

"Hello Gabriel," he said.

"Hello Nicholas."

"We have much to talk about."

"Yes, I know."

"Before I start would you like to say anything first?"

"I'm deeply sorry that I failed him again," he said.

"If you had the chance to change what has occurred would you?"

"No," Gabriel replied. "Unless if changing things would be better for Mariah."

"I see," Nicholas murmured.

"Please I would like to know how Mariah fairs. If she is alright."

Nicholas smiled and looked genuinely pleased at him.

"You did not fail him Gabriel," Nicholas said. "Your mission was to save her and you did. See for yourself."

Nicholas waved his hand and the image of Mariah appeared before them. She looked to be in a cafeteria. She was dishing out food to the hungry residents. She was laughing and sharing stories with a few the residents and the other volunteers. Despair and sadness no longer radiated from her. She looked content.

A surge of utter joy filled him. Mariah was safe. She had found hope and the will to live once again. But he couldn't help feel a twinge of pain in his heart for not being able to be with her.

"You've earned your wings Gabriel."

"Thank you Nicholas," he replied, but could not keep his eyes off Mariah's image.

"You don't seem very thrilled."

"I am," he said, finally turning his attention to the other angel. "Really."

"Gabriel, all three of us know that you're not," Nicholas said, his eyes looking upward. "He is willing to offer you an alternative."

"An alternative?"

"Yes, instead of wings he wants to offer you something else," he explained. "This only happens in the most special of cases."

*****

Mariah flopped down onto her couch. She reached for the telephone and ordered herself a small pizza and salad from the Italian place down the street. She was utterly exhausted but also felt good at the same time. Volunteering at the women's shelter had been such hard work. She couldn't help but admire the people who worked there day in and day out.

It had been a week since Gabriel entered and disappeared from her life. She was in shock for a long while, unable to absorb what had happened to her. Then she began weeping for his loss. Why did she keep losing the people she loved? And she did love him. There was no doubt of that in her heart.

She kept to her apartment for the first two days feeling miserable. On the third day, necessity forced her to leave to get some food supplies. She made her way to the grocery store and walked across the bridge where she had first met Gabriel. She looked down at the river and was surprised to find that had no desire to fling herself into its churning waters.

Gabriel had changed everything. The things in her life were no different before he came, but somehow everything changed. She felt renewed. If an angel from heaven was sent to give her another chance at life, she knew she couldn't waste it. Especially since the same angel said he loved and believed in her.

The next day Mariah found herself offering to volunteer at the local women's shelter. She had realized that for a long time she had been closing herself off from people, retreating into her apartment and her own shell as much as she could. She thought that volunteering at the shelter would give her a chance to be with people again while doing some useful work.

Mariah reached into her pocket and pulled out the handkerchief Gabriel had lent her. It was the only thing she had to prove that he was real and not some figment of her imagination. She missed him fiercely and hoped that what he said was true, that he would always watch over her. Mariah would always consider him the best Christmas gift she ever received.

A sudden knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. She grabbed her wallet and took out the money to pay the pizza deliveryman.

She opened the door and clearly saw it wasn't her pizza waiting for her.

"Gabriel!" she said in shock.

"Hello Mariah," he replied, giving her one of his devastating smiles.

Half a second later, she was in his arms in a crushing hold and in a kiss that left her breathless.

"How are you here?" she asked, running her hands over his face, neck, and shoulders as if to make sure he was real.

"I was given a choice of getting my wings or being with you," he explained. "It was any easy decision."

"So you're here for good?"

"For a lifetime," he promised. "I'll always be here to take of you."

He then reached out and softly touched her flat stomach. "And our child."

"A baby? We're having a baby?" she said in shock, looking down at his hand. "But how? I can't have anymore children. The doctors said told me so."

"Well the information comes from the highest authority I know. Shall I tell him that his is wrong?"

Mariah laughed and then threw her arms around him.

"I love you Mariah," he said.

"And I love you my angel," she replied and then sealed her declaration with a kiss.

The End

12