Marriage as a House

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tx Tall Tales
Tx Tall Tales
20,404 Followers

"What are you going to do?" she asked again.

"First, here, with you, rebuild the walls. Right now, I'm slamming the gate shut. Afterward, I will take care of the invaders, that's all you need to know."

I stopped talking, and pounded my wife into the bed. We weren't making love, I was fucking her. Hard, almost viciously. She responded nevertheless, crying out for me before I finished.

We lay together, both of us a little uncomfortable with how things were. I pulled her close. "You won't talk to him, warn him, or anything. If he approaches you, send him away. If he persists, scream, fight, yell, whatever it takes, but do not engage in conversation. Call me if you can. Do you understand? There are no more second chances."

"Yes. Shouldn't I tell him it's over?"

"No need. I already have."

Her eyes opened wide, and I felt a tremor of fear course through her. "Be careful," she said softly.

I smiled. Those words went a long ways toward closing the breach.

* * *

Trust, but verify.

The phrase, made famous by Ronald Reagan in his dealings with the Soviets, interestingly enough was coined by Vladimir Lenin. Doveryai, no proveryai. I'm not sure why I found that so entertaining. It was my new motto.

The confrontation started on a Friday. Saturday morning, we reconfirmed our contract again, and it was almost like we'd turned back the clock 8 years. Almost. I tasked my wife with getting the kids, and bowed out of Alana's soccer game, for the first time that season. Time was still of the essence and there were things that needed doing.

It took less than an hour to download the software onto her smartphone. StealthGenie Gold for the iPhone. It wasn't cheap, well over $100 with 6 months access, but it allowed me to track everything she did, including activating her GPS remotely and tracking her movements. I could read her texts, and all call logs. I had the ability to record her calls, and even, if I so desired, to call in secretly, and listen in on her conversations. It was virtually undetectable. Technology had come a long way.

For another $80, I had complete access to her computer, emails, chat logs, web history, key logger, the works. I was surprised how cheap and easy it was. Spytech SpyAgent Stealth Edition, if you're wondering. Less than 30 minutes to purchase, download, install and configure.

A thirty minute round-trip journey to Radio Shack resulted in the XBlue recording device, which connected to a phone jack, and my PC. It recorded and logged all phone calls, including answering machine messages, and saved them to the computer digitally. It also tracked Caller-ID and message times and lengths.

I purchased a GPS Logger/Tracker while I was there, for about $180. The TecNet TTL 1000 didn't do everything I wanted. I wouldn't have live GPS tracking, but I could download complete histories of all her travels. It would have to do. I had ordered a better one online, with live tracking, but didn't want to wait for it to arrive. I had to wait for her to get home and install it under the hood. It required 12V power, instead of batteries. It also had a 1 GB SD card I'd need access to, to review the logs. I bought a spare memory card so I could swap them out while I was analyzing them.

Almost $400 altogether, but a lot cheaper than hiring a PI, or the cost of a divorce.

I downloaded Donna's old call and text history from her phone. When she returned from the game, I got the excited update from the kids, while she fed them lunch. After eating, I pulled her to the side for a little privacy.

I handed her the phone. "I have your call history. I want you to clear him off your phone. No more hiding under 'Emily.' Who have you talked to about this relationship of yours?"

"It wasn't a relationship..." she started.

"Don't start lying now, Donna. I have no patience for that. We need to move forward. Every untruth, every deception sets us two steps back. Another crack in the foundation of our 'house'. The truth now. Who knows about it?"

She blushed. "Karen and Lisa."

I sighed. "Damn it, Donna! You're not making this easy. They are both accomplices in this betrayal."

She shook her head, firmly. "Not Lisa. I swear, she fought me on it the whole way. Please, call her, she'll tell you the truth."

I nodded. "She is your sister, so I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. I'll be talking to her. Karen gets the same treatment as the bastard. She's cut off. No more relationship at all."

"No, Allen. You can't do that, she's been my best friend since college."

"I'll make it easy for you, Donna. You can cut it off, or I will. If I do, I promise, you'll never see or hear from her ever again. Ever. If you do it, there's a chance of reconciliation in the future. Minimal but possible. Your choice."

"Why are you being so harsh and cold about this? So threatening? It's not like you. You're not this kind of person," she sounded angry.

Which made me angrier. "This is me. The business me. The part I keep away from you, because I've loved you so much. I've sheltered you. I can be hard and even cruel if need be. You don't rise through business the way I have by rolling over and taking it up the ass. It's important that you understand. For the moment, we are no longer a team, protecting our marriage. I'm in control. Things will be done my way. There is no other option. Variation from my rules will mean complete and total war on my side. Take no prisoners, absolute and merciless destruction. This is the most important thing in the world to me, and I will bring everything I own or control to bear, to make sure I get my way."

"You're scaring me, Allen," she whispered.

"Good. Now, as I said, cut it off with Karen. You're allowed one call to break it off. I never expect to hear from her again. I'll know if you don't. I reserve the right to inspect your phone and emails whenever I want. You've lost my trust, and until you've earned it back, you're under watch. To be fair, you can inspect my phone and emails as well. I have nothing to hide."

"What about Lisa?"

"I said I'll talk to her. If everything pans out, she can be your outlet. You can talk to her about everything. I'll let you know by the end of the weekend."

"Where do we go from here, Allen? I feel like I've already lost you. You don't trust me, and you're spying on me. I'm scared of you."

"We talk, we open up. We discuss what went wrong, and how we can fix it. We take our time repairing the cracks in our relationship. We repair our 'house.' At some point you lost your respect for me. If you won't respect me, you damn sure will fear me. I'll spend a lot of time and effort regaining your respect, while you work to rebuild the trust. We make this a priority in our lives."

"I never lost respect for you," she argued.

"Your actions speak otherwise."

"What if it's not enough?" she asked.

"That's not an option. You don't want to know what happens if you break our contract. That's all I'm going to say about that. There won't be another chance."

"I...I didn't break it, you know? You have to believe me. I was thinking about it, but I wouldn't do that while we were still married."

"I know. That's why we're giving this a second chance. I know a lot more than you think."

"How much?" she asked.

"You're never going to know. A lot. Let's leave it at that."

"But how?"

"I said you're never going to know. Leave it alone, Donna. Be happy that you brought it to a head before going too far."

* * *

I called her older sister Lisa. We had a long, heart-to-heart. Donna had been honest. Lisa was firmly against what she was doing, and on the verge of informing me before things went too far. I brought her into my plan, at least somewhat. I asked her to be Donna's confidant moving forward, and to help her back onto the straight and narrow.

"Why did you stop it? If she wanted out, why not kick her to the curb?" Lisa had asked.

"I love her. She's the mother of my children. She made a mistake, and we caught it before it went too far. I'd rather fight for my marriage and my wife, then let someone else steal her from me. If I did 'kick her to the curb' it wouldn't be pretty. I don't believe in rewarding traitorous bitches and predators. I would do whatever was necessary to make sure that she and the bastard paid dearly, very dearly, if required."

"You wouldn't hurt her, would you?"

"Ask her. She knows."

She sounded nervous. "I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of you, would I?"

"No, you definitely wouldn't. On the other hand, I'm very loyal and appreciative to those on my side. I can't thank you enough for trying. I owe you one, Lisa."

"Let's fix your damn marriage, knock some sense into that thick head of hers, and we'll call it even."

I laughed. "Hardly. I'll owe you even more. I don't mind being in your debt. I'll gladly accept all the help you can give us."

"She's my baby sister, Allen. I'll help, but if she fails, I won't be the one to tell you."

"I understand. Let's try to make sure she doesn't, Ok?"

She nodded. It was good to have an understanding and an ally.

* * *

The talk with Karen's husband, Jerome, didn't go quite as well. He met me at the Dubliner, our local watering hole, where I bought him a beer.

"What's going on, Allen? You've never invited me out for a beer before."

"First and last, I'm afraid. Your wife had been involved in breaking up my marriage. Neck deep. I've stopped it. She's no longer allowed to be involved in our lives in any fashion. Sadly that includes you. It's too bad, I like you Jerome. Unfortunately, your wife is a traitorous cheating bitch."

I could see him turning angry, his face reddening. "Where the fuck do you get off calling my wife names?"

"Donna was on the cusp of an affair. Karen was encouraging her. I know that for a fact. I was tipped off by a friend, a true friend, unlike your wife. I did a little checking. I have evidence, and my wife's confession. Apparently Karen thinks that cheating on a marriage is alright. I'm not willing to share that opinion, or allow anyone who espouses it to be involved in our lives. I only thought it fair that you should know, when we cut you two out."

"What kind of evidence?" he asked, slowly simmering.

"That doesn't concern you. Donna stopped. The bastard who tried to seduce her will pay dearly. Anyone who helped will pay also. I'm giving you fair warning. Karen helped."

"I don't believe you."

"You don't have to. It's not going to change my response one way or the other. She is my enemy now. You have a choice. Get clear on your own, or try to protect her. Either way, she has to pay."

"What the fuck? Are you threatening me?"

I sighed. "I did this out of courtesy, Jerome. Like I said, I've always liked you. This is a warning. You've got a little time, not a lot. Then the hammer comes down."

I handed him a list. "Surveillance tools. If you want to know more about the woman you married, use them. Or don't. It doesn't matter to me." I got up, and left a $20 on the bar. "It was nice knowing you. If you decide to make a clean break with her, let me know. I'll try to keep you clear of the fallout."

He was staring at me as if I had a third eye. "I...I don't believe you."

"Yes you do. Confirm it. And stay clear."

* * *

I called in to work, and took a few days of emergency leave. I agreed to check my emails and deal with any major issues that came up, but I wouldn't be in the office for at least 3 days. Maybe not for the week.

I started romancing my wife. Little things. Notes. A single flower. Small jewelry items. I took her out to dinner. I complimented her. I expressed an interest in making love to her every night, and she responded in kind.

She didn't know I'd taken the time off work. I left the house at the usual time each morning, and worked on my plan.

It started with a little intelligence, finding out where he lived from public records, and tracking down his car, a two year old Sebring. I followed him from his home to work, little fear that he'd recognize me. I'd certainly never seen him before.

Tuesday I placed the mail-order GPS tracker on his vehicle, the kind with a paid service plan for real-time monitoring, and had live updates of his whereabouts. When I got home that night, at the usual time, I knew not only where he lived, but where he worked, where he went, and what he did. I even managed to insert a micro-recorder in his vehicle that I could listen in on while he was in the vehicle. I could download conversations, or even turn on the microphone remotely and listen in.

From my wife's computer, I sent him an email. I tried to use the same words and tone she used in her earlier contacts with him.

Dearest Gerry,

It's over. I was wrong to respond to your advances. Please do not try to contact me again. I'm married, and want to rebuild my marriage.

Please accept these images in friendship. I'll recall our times together fondly, but they are over. Please, if you really care for me, don't make this more difficult than it already is.

Donna

The attachment was an executable. Clicking on it started a simple slideshow of 4 pictures of my wife. None were especially salacious. The simple program also installed software on his computer. Illegal as hell. That night I was able to download his email history, web history, passwords, and other useful content. Another $80 well spent.

Wednesday I spent analyzing the intelligence I had gathered. The information was disturbing, but not especially surprising. Donna deleted her emails, but this idiot kept them all. I was able to read the entire six month effort, where he was slowly winning her over, playing on her emotions, building her up, tearing us down. She was beautiful, sensual, intelligent, misunderstood. I was cold, controlling, unloving, a user, and almost certainly cheating myself. He was good at it, slowly worming his way into her confidence.

It was interesting how they'd met. Karen had introduced him at a volunteer event at the church. Our friggin' church. What a slimy way to pick up women. Karen wasn't just a facilitator, she was the instigator. Damn, she needed to pay.

It turned out the asshole was a serial seducer. My wife wasn't his only target. He still stayed in contact with two previous conquests, and was targeting yet another. He was married with one child, to a woman who didn't understand him, or so he said. Who was too busy with her own job to make time for her family. Cold and heartless, she was. He painted a less than flattering picture of her, little by little over time. I was certain his wife knew nothing of his proclivities.

With complete remote access to his computer, I was developing a clear picture of this scum-sucking predator.

This was going to be too easy.

* * *

I decided to spend half a day at work Thursday to get caught up. Donna woke when I did, and made me breakfast. She sat down with me, sipping her coffee. She'd had almost a full week to stew. "I was an idiot, Allen. I don't know how I let it happen. I look back at my actions now, and it was like I was a different person. I don't like that person, what I had become."

I nodded. "You were seduced by an expert. You were hardly his first conquest, and he's already started on his next."

She reached into her robe, and passed me her phone. "He's been trying to contact me. When I wouldn't accept or return his calls, he showed up here yesterday, insisting I speak with him. I...I had to talk to him. I told him it was over, and I never wanted to see him again. I threatened to call the police if he didn't leave."

I passed her back the phone without looking at it. "I know. A little after 1:00. Thank you for telling me. He won't bother you much longer." I knew he'd stopped by the house from the GPS tracking. I didn't know the rest but was happy enough to let her believe I did. Keep her off balance and maintain the all-seeing, all-knowing façade.

"Please don't do anything stupid, Allen. He's not worth it."

"I'll be careful. Just stay clear of him. Tell me about your conversations with Karen and Lisa." Again, making it seem as if I already knew.

"I told Karen she almost cost me my marriage, and I wouldn't have anything more to do with her. She wasn't very happy about it. I also called all of our common friends, and made sure they understood that I was no longer willing to associate with her, and if she was invited to any events, I would not attend. I told them I valued my marriage, and she had been willing to torpedo it. I don't think we'll have to worry about seeing her around much."

"Do you want to explain how she was involved in you meeting the bastard?" I asked, calmly.

"You know?" she stared at me, surprised. Then she shook her head. "Of course you know. You've known everything. Why didn't you stop me, Allen? You should have stopped me!"

"No, Donna. If I interrupted too early, you'd never believe me. I had already lost your respect. You needed to decide it was the wrong thing to do on your own. That was the only way I could trust you. The only way things could get back to the way they were. Unfortunately, you never did that. I only intervened at the last moment, when your next action would have destroyed what we had. I couldn't let that happen. I love you and our daughters too much to subject them to what I would have been forced to do."

She was obviously distraught. "I'm sorry. I know you're probably tired of hearing that. I swear I didn't even see it coming. He was just a friend, when I needed one. Someone to talk to, a sounding board. He was good to me, understanding."

"Of course he was. He wanted to fuck you. Wanted to cuckold me, take you away, use you and throw you away like he has with the others. He wanted to demolish our 'house.' You're a smart woman, Donna. How could you not see it?"

"I...I don't know. He seemed like a perfect gentleman, and Karen kept telling me I was doing nothing wrong. It's Ok to have male friends, a different perspective. Even the first time he kissed me, it was like kissing a cousin. Friendly, nothing more. I don't know how I let it keep growing."

"You opened the gate. The first time you shared an intimacy, spoke about your feelings, about your and my relationship, you let him in. He liked to get you to talk about that, didn't he?"

She nodded. "But he was always supportive. He wanted to help me, make our marriage stronger. Make me feel better about myself."

"I hope you've learned your lesson. You need to understand, Donna, strange men don't want to become friends to help you. They want to fuck you. Make you their slut. The better ones may want to take you for themselves. Guys like your boyfriend want to use you and throw you away. They get their jollies that way."

"It was a painful education," she admitted quietly. "It's still hard to believe. He seemed so nice."

"Enough of the bastard, and that slut Karen, his partner in crime. I'll deal with them. How about Lisa?"

"Two long talks. She chewed me out but good. She says I'm lucky. I agree."

"She's a good one. I don't think I ever realized it. I'm sorry I didn't make more of an effort to get to know her better. I'm glad she's in your life."

She looked nervous. "I want to ask you something," she finally said.

"By all means. Ask anything. I want you to be able to talk to me about everything, freely."

"I have too much free time on my hands. I'd like to do something to keep busy. The kids will both be in school next semester. I think I want to get a job, or at least do some kind of volunteer work."

"That's a great idea. We don't need the money, so that shouldn't be a consideration. You can get a job if you like, pursue some schooling, or volunteer. I'll support you in any endeavor. You're a smart woman. I'm sure you'll succeed at whatever you choose."

Tx Tall Tales
Tx Tall Tales
20,404 Followers