Marrying for Money Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
haremgirl
haremgirl
1,359 Followers

Trevor frowned up at the canopy, remembering the details of their run-in with the highwaymen. Perhaps it was just a result of his close call with death that was making him feel anxious, but whatever the cause, Trevor couldn't shed his growing unease. Something was bothering him, and he couldn't pinpoint what. It was exceedingly odd the way the leader of the highwaymen had coldly tried to kill him. It had seemed more like an execution than a robbery. Trevor frowned, replaying the events in his mind, sorting through the details to try and decipher any clues he might have overlooked. He hadn't been armed, and he hadn't done anything to provoke the man's wrath. Nevertheless, the highwayman had intended to murder him.

Trevor closed his eyes, trying to remember any distinguishing details about their assailants or their mounts that he could pass on to the sheriff. Try as he might, he couldn't think of anything helpful, but neither could he dismiss the feeling of impending doom that had hung over him since that day.

Trevor looked down at Leanna when she released a soft sigh in her sleep. He stroked her hair, feeling a wealth of love welling in his heart for this extraordinary woman he had married. Having overcome so many obstacles to their love, he was determined to keep her safe. He had every intention of enjoying a long and happy life as her husband. With any luck, the child she carried would only be the first, and in the years to come they would fill this old house with a large, loving family. Whatever it took, he was going to ensure those dreams came to fruition.

A short while later, Steven reappeared, carrying a tray for Trevor. He stopped in surprise when he saw Leanna sound asleep, while Trevor was lying awake and holding her close to his side, his good arm keeping her snuggled against him.

"I brought you some breakfast," Steven whispered.

Trevor waved toward the bedside table. "Just put it there, I'll eat it later."

Steven frowned. "But you should eat something. You need nourishment."

"I'm getting all the nourishment I need right now," Trevor sighed, lightly stroking Leanna's hair as she slept. "This is food for the soul."

To be continued...

haremgirl
haremgirl
1,359 Followers