Mary and Alvin Ch. 17

Story Info
The families of Mary and Alvin cordially invite you...
13.3k words
4.87
9.7k
12

Part 17 of the 37 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/14/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MelissaBaby
MelissaBaby
899 Followers

Our Love Is Like A Ship On The Ocean

Mary leaned on the bumper of Alvin's Subaru in the pick up area of the Portland Jetport. The clouds that had brought morning showers had parted to reveal a bright spring sky. Just let it stay sunny for the next three days, she thought. Her phone buzzed and she looked at the screen. It was a text from her brother, Robby. It read, simply, "disembarking".

She stood up, brushed the shoulders of her blue blazer and used her reflection in the terminal window to check her hair. She was a grown woman about to be married for the second time, but she still fretted about her mother approving of her appearance.

She called Alvin. When she got no answer, she left a message. "Hello, love. Their plane has landed, so we'll be on our way soon. It's cleared up here, the sky is blue. It looks like we'll have good weather Saturday after all. Love you, baby, see you in a couple of hours."

The doors slid open and her mother walked out, followed closely by her brother Robby and his girlfriend, Carmella. Mary rushed forward, into her mother's arms. They stood on the sidewalk, hugging each other tightly. When they finally broke apart, she turned to hug Robby and Carmella, but both were so laden with luggage that she had to settle for kisses.

She popped open the back of the car, and they stashed the luggage inside.

"I'm glad I brought Alvin's car," she said as they all climbed in, "Those bags would not have all fit in mine."

"You still have your Jetta?" Robby asked.

"Yep, but let me tell you, it's not the greatest car for a Maine winter."

"Did Dan and Beth and the kids get here yet?" Jean asked.

"Yeah, they got here this morning," Mary answered.

"Jesus," Robby said, "I can't imagine driving all the way across the country with eight kids in a Winnebago. I don't know how Steve talked them into bringing all the kids."

Jean rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I still remember driving to the Grand Canyon with the four of you."

"What about Steve and Cindy?" Robby asked.

"They flew into Boston, so they won't get here until late this afternoon," Mary said.

Mary went through the Dunkin Donuts drive thru for coffee, then she made her way to the turnpike. Before long, they were clear of the city and cruising down the tree lined freeway.

"It's so green, everywhere," Carmella said, gazing out the window.

"That made such an impression on me when I first got here," Mary nodded, "I was amazed that there could be so much green."

"And all those pink and purple flowers."

"Lupines," Mary told her.

"So is Alvin working today?" Jean asked.

"He went to the wharf for a while this morning, but there's not that much to do until Memorial Day. But he's got a lot of errands to run today."

"Have you worked out the sleeping arrangements?"

Mary sighed, "Yes, we got it straightened out." She counted off names while she explained. "There are three bedrooms in Alvin's house."

"Your house," her mother interjected.

"So, you will sleep in Charlotte's room, and Steve and Cindy will get Jennifer's old room. Dan and Beth have the Winnebago, and Alvin is putting up a tent for the kids."

"I'm sure Dan will like that," Robby chuckled.

"Robby and Carmella, you guys will sleep in the guest room in Jennifer and Danni's house."

"How far away is that?"

"Oh, it's just across the field. So, that leaves Charlotte. We still don't know if she's bringing a guest. If she does, they can have my apartment. If not, she said she's okay with the couch."

"You aren't moved out of your apartment already?" Jean asked.

"Just about, but the bed and some furniture are still there."

They got off the turnpike at Augusta and headed east towards Londonderry. As they drove the scenic, hilly route Mary took pride in the beautiful landscape.

"I don't know where they could put another tree," her mother said.

When they reached Londonderry, Mary pointed out landmarks; the bank, the town hall, the cemetery.

"You've hit the big time here, I guess, you've got a McDonald's," Robby quipped.

"We tell people we have a Wendy's too, but it's a local joke. It's a diner that's been called Wendy's since about 1930."

She showed them where her apartment was, and she turned into Faulkner's Wharf.

"There's Alvin's cousin," she said, rolling to a stop near the boathouse.

Laura came over to the car. Mary rolled down the window and introduced her to her family members.

"Alvin was here a while back with your brother and his wife and a whole passel of kids," Laura said, "They went out to home."

"Okay, thanks," Mary said, "We will see you on Saturday, I guess."

"I guess you will." Laura waved, and walked back to the boathouse while Mary turned the car around and headed out of town toward the farm.

***

Alvin took his checklist from his shirt pocket and unfolded it. As soon as Mary had left for Portland, he'd showered, gotten dressed and headed for town. After going to the wharf and conferring with Laura, he made the rounds, talking care of most of the items on the list. At ten o'clock, when he got a text message from Beth that she and Dan had reached the outskirts of town, he had already been to the barbershop, the florist and the grocery store.

Coming into town via the Augusta Road, the most prominent landmark was what Alvin would always think of as the "new" high school. Mary had arranged for Alvin to rendezvous with her brother there. He headed to it as soon as he got the message, and was going over his list when the giant recreational vehicle pulled into the parking lot.

Dan hopped out and shook Alvin's hand.

"That's quite a land yacht you've got there," Alvin said, "Must cost you a few dollars for gas."

"True, but you save as much not paying for motel rooms."

The kid's stomachs were stuck on California time, so even though it was still morning, they were clamoring for lunch. Alvin instructed Dan to follow him down to the wharf. While Dan maneuvered the Winnebago into the boatyard, Alvin went into the diner and asked Audrey if she could throw some burgers and hot dogs on the grill.

"I haven't got that stuff ordered in yet, Alvin," Audrey said, blowing a strand of hair off her face. "We don't open till next week."

"Oh, right," he said, "And you're double busy between getting ready to open and prepping the food for Saturday. I'm sorry."

"No, it's alright. Hold on a minute." She looked in the walk-in freezer, then nodded to Alvin.

"Fill that deep fryer and kick it on. We've got chicken nuggets and french fries in the freezer."

"I love you, Audrey," he said, kissing her forehead. She elbowed him away. "And I'm looking forward to those lobster tails Saturday."

He stuck his head out the door. Dan and Beth and the kids had all taken seats at the picnic tables on the diner's deck. He took orders for drinks and delivered cans of soda and bottles of water while Audrey cooked lunch.

"We loved Acadia," Beth told Alvin as they ate, "Mary said you proposed to her on the top of Cadillac Mountain?"

"Yes, I did."

Beth frowned at her husband. "Dan proposed to me in Applebee's."

Dan laughed, "I guess I don't have your flair for the dramatic,

Alvin."

When they finished their lunch, Alvin led them out to the farm. Dan parked the RV near the barn. They began running and playing in the field as soon as their feet hit the ground.

Dan looked around. "This is a heck of a spot, Alvin. How far back does your family go here?"

"Well, the farm here come down through my mother's family. They were Alexanders. French spelling originally, so that tells you something. A little Wabanaki in there somewhere, so it's said."

"How old is the house?"

"Well, the land deed goes back to 1840. The original house was down by the grove there, but the new house was built in the 1880's."

"And your father's family?"

"That's a bit more certain. Charlotte did some online genealogy. The English kept better records than the French, I guess. One Henry Faulkner arrived in Boston in 1770. Fought in the revolution and come up here afterwards. This was all still Massachusetts then."

"So you've really got roots here," Dan said, looking impressed.

"Yes sir. Put out a couple of branches, too."

Dan helped Alvin haul his tent out of the barn and set it up near the gate to Bonnie's garden. Before they had it up the kids began running in and out of it. Dan shooed them away and they ran into the garden. Alvin stiffened for a minute and was about to tell them to come out, then thought, it's just an old garden, let the children play.

***

Alvin sliced a loaf of crusty french bread while Mary took two casserole dishes from the oven. Beth and Cindy got all the children into seats around the kitchen table, while Mary scooped steaming macaroni and cheese into bowls and delivered them to the table. Alvin added a bread basket, then took a second basket into the dining room, where the rest of the family had gathered. Beth and Cindy followed him, and Mary brought up the rear, carrying the second, larger casserole.

"Wow, that smells good!" Steve said.

"It's lobster mac and cheese," Mary said, smiling.

There were oohs and aahs as she set it on the table. In a matter of minutes, everyone was digging into their supper.

In nearly a year of coming to Alvin's house, Mary had never eaten in the dining room before. They had taken all their meals at the kitchen table, or cuddled on the couch. She looked around, pleased at the sight of so many of her loved ones enjoying a meal she had prepared in what she was already thinking of as her home. There are going to be plenty of dinner parties in this room, she promised herself.

When everyone had finished eating, Beth and Alvin helped Mary clear the dishes while Cindy found a movie for the kids to watch. The adults settled back in around the table for an evening of beer and wine and conversation. Dan and Beth described their drive across country, culminating with their day at Acadia. That, of course, led to calls for Mary to describe Alvin's proposal one more time.

When their movie ended, the children trooped off to the tent. Dan and Beth decided that they would call it a night as well, and Steve and Cindy were close behind them.

"How about you, Mom?" Mary asked, "You getting tired?"

"Yes, it's been a long day, I suppose I should get some rest."

Mary went upstairs with her mother and got her settled into Charlotte's room, while Alvin got a flashlight from the mud room and escorted Robby and Carmella down to Jennifer's house. On his way back, he stopped in the middle of the field and looked up at the house. It's full of family again, he thought.

Mary was waiting for him in the doorway.

"Everybody bedded down?" he asked.

"Everybody but us." She took his hand and led him upstairs. They prepared for bed, then cuddled under the covers, Mary resting her head on Alvin's shoulder and playfully tracing lines on his chest with her fingertips.

"I like this," he said, "I like having a house full of people again."

"I do too, although I also like being alone with you." Her hand slid down his abdomen and lingered over the front of his shorts.

"Now, Mary, we can't be making noise. Your mother is in the next room."

"I've gotten away with it before," she shrugged.

Alvin laughed. "I'd like to hear about that."

"We can talk later," she replied, ducking her head under the covers.

He felt her fumble his half hard cock out of his shorts, and then her warm lips embracing it.

Mary loved the feeling of his cock growing stiff in her mouth. She sucked on it, slowly and deliberately. She cupped his balls in her hand and gently massaged them. When the air grew stuffy under the blankets, she pulled them down. "Ah, fresh air," she gasped, "It was getting hard to breath down there."

"Well don't smother yourself," he replied.

"I'm getting good at this, don't you think?" she asked, lowering her mouth over his shaft and swallowing. She held him in her throat for a few seconds, then came up, coughing and gasping.

"Jeezum, Mary, be quiet."

She laid her head on his belly and stroked his cock. He ran his hand down her back and raised her nightshirt over her hips. She spread her legs as his fingers slipped under her panties and across the curve of her ass. His fingers found her clitoris. She gave out a low moan and lowered her head back to his cock.

His touch was electric between her legs. The more his fingers stimulated her clit, the more fervently she sucked. When he came, sticky and salty, she tried to swallow it all, but it flowed over her lips. She licked down his shaft and around his balls. It seemed important to her to consume it all, to take his essence into her own body as an expression of her commitment to him.

Alvin was lightheaded from his orgasm, but his fingers kept up their motion. He reached his other hand over Mary's shoulder, and she gripped it tightly between her own. Her hips spasmed and the bed squeaked. She squeezed his hand as hard as she could and came with a long rolling tremor.

Alvin shushed Mary as she panted for breath. She moaned contently and crawled into his arms. "I hope you liked that," she purred.

"I liked it fine, sweetheart."

"Good, because you know, married women don't give blowjobs."

"We'll see about that."

She squeezed his drooping cock. "Well, maybe once in a while."

She rolled on to her side and he spooned against her. Mary felt his warn breath on the back of her neck, and a few minutes later, heard his soft snore as she drifted off into her own peaceful slumber.

***

The rental company trucks showed up at eight o'clock on Friday morning. Alvin directed them to where he wanted the big party tent to be erected. As they got to work, raising the tent, laying down the parquet dance floor, unloading tables and chairs, he walked back to the house. Mary was leaning in the kitchen doorway, waiting for him.

"Everybody up?" he asked her.

"Yes, I'm about to start making pancakes."

He climbed the steps, put his hands on her hips and kissed her. "You're wearing those shorts I like. Might not be a good idea with your Mom around."

"Why not?" he heard Jean ask, coming into the kitchen.

Alvin let out an embarrassed laugh. "I guess I'll just say I think Mary looks nice in them."

"Uh huh," she nodded. "Mary, how can I help you?"

Mary and Jean readied breakfast, while Alvin went to round up the family. When he had left the room, Jean leaned close to Mary and said, "You weren't as discrete as you thought you were last night, honey."

Mary blushed, but her mother chuckled and patted her on the back.

The family was soon gathered, in the kitchen and around the dining room table, breakfasting on sausage links and blueberry pancakes. The conversation centered on plans for the day. Audrey would be coming in the afternoon to set up her catering tent, and porta-potties would be delivered, but no one had to stay at the house for those things to happen. Beth and Cindy were interested in going down to Camden to shop, but they did not like the idea of dragging all the kids with them, and besides, there wasn't room for everyone in Alvin and Mary's cars.

"Why don't I take the kids for a sail?" Alvin interjected into the discussion. For a moment, everyone kept talking without noticing that he had spoken.

"Wait, wait," Mary said, "Alvin, did you say you would take the kids sailing?"

"Sure, why not? I'd want a couple adults to come along, to keep an eye on them."

"I'll go," Robby said immediately.

"Yeah, I'd rather go sailing than shopping," Carmella agreed.

"Well, it's up to the parents," Alvin shrugged.

Steve looked at Cindy. "What do you think, honey?"

"You aren't going to go way out in the ocean, are you?" she asked Alvin, looking nervous.

"No, just around the harbor a bit."

"I guess it's alright," she said, "I think the kids will love it.

"That still leaves the problem of six people squeezing in my car," Mary said.

"I'll go on the boat!" Dan said. Steve looked at him with a grimace.

"Do you want to go on the boat, too, dear?" his wife asked him.

He looked embarrassed. "No, I'm, uh, I'm not really crazy about boats."

"Well, then, you can spend the day with the ladies!" Cindy laughed, lacing her arm through his.

Mary went to the kitchen and asked the children if they would like to go for a ride on Alvin's boat, and their reaction was deafening.

"Guess we'll go sailing," Alvin said.

It took two trips in Alvin's car, and one in Mary's, to get eight children and four adults down to the wharf. Once they were all there, Alvin made sure that everyone donned a life jacket before they stepped on to Sea Jay. When the last of the children was aboard, Mary handed him a shopping bag full of juice boxes and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. She untied the cleat lines and leaned over from the dock and kissed him.

"You're my hero, Alvin Faulkner," she said as the boat began drifting from the side of the dock. He waved and blew her a kiss, then started the motor and steered the boat out into the harbor.

He turned to port and headed up the river. When he passed under the highway bridge, the children shouted with delight, waving to the passing cars high above them. He made a wide turn and passed back under the bridge, to equal excitement. He zigzagged through the harbor, passing close to the town landing, then cutting across to Chase's Lobster Pound. He blew his horn and the few diners out for an early lunch waved to the kids as they went by.

When he neared the entrance of the harbor, he closely followed the shore. There was a bit of wind out here, and he let out the sails, with some clumsy help from Dan and Robby.

They picked up speed and the kids grew more excited. Alvin aimed for a close passage off Turner's Point, and his effort paid off. A dozen harbor seals were sunning themselves on the rocks that lined the shore. The children squealed and clapped as the seals scattered into the surf. One of the boys, Alvin thought his name was Brandon or Bryan, tugged on his shirt.

"Uncle Alvin, are there pirates around here?"

"Not before Memorial Day, bub," Alvin told him. That seemed to be a satisfactory answer. Only after the boy had returned to watch over the side did he realize that he had said "Uncle Alvin".

From the Point, they headed for more open water. The breeze was light, but steady, and the sailing was smooth. Carmella handed out the sandwiches and juice. Alvin unwrapped a sandwich, but had only taken two bites from it when he heard a bloodcurdling scream. He turned and saw the youngest girl pointing and wailing. A few feet above her, a large black backed gull was flapping its wings, a peanut butter sandwich firmly grasped in it's bill. Alvin locked the wheel and scooped the girl into his arms. He checked her hands and saw that she had not been nipped, only badly frightened.

"Bad bird," the girl blubbered, "bad bird."

"Wicked bad bird," Alvin agreed, bouncing her in his arms.

"Bad bird stole my sammich."

"Here, sweetie, you can finish mine." He gave the girl the rest of his sandwich. She stopped crying and began eating it.

"What's your name? You're Morgan, right?"

The girl nodded and handed him back the crust of his sandwich. He tossed it over the side and unlocked the wheel.

"Can you help me steer the boat, Morgan?" He guided her hands to the wheel. "Let's make a great big turn, alright?"

He placed his hand over hers and turned the wheel. Sea Jay dipped to starboard and glided along a wide curve. Morgan giggled and patted the wheel as it spun.

"Good girl!" Alvin told her, "You can be Captain Morgan."

She laughed at that. Alvin kissed her forehead and put her down on the deck. She ran to join the other children, while Robby joined Alvin by the wheel.

MelissaBaby
MelissaBaby
899 Followers