Mary and Alvin Ch. 23

Story Info
Two new members join the family.
9.3k words
4.86
8.5k
10

Part 23 of the 37 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/14/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MelissaBaby
MelissaBaby
933 Followers

Our Little Corner Of The World

"We're pregnant ladies," Jennifer said, "We can do anything we want."

Alvin looked at the kitchen table, covered with the wadded foil from what looked like dozens of chocolate hearts. He looked at Mary, but she could not answer, her mouth was too stuffed with chocolate.

"Well, alright," he said, "but tomorrow is Valentine's Day. What if someone was planning on buying his wife and daughters candy? I mean, now it's like if you own fifty pairs of shoes, and I think I'm doing something special and I buy you another pair of shoes."

"That a really crappy analogy, honey," Mary said after swallowing her chocolate. Jennifer tapped her on the arm.

"Listen, Mary, is it just me, or does being pregnant make you really horny all the time?"

"Oh, yeah," Mary nodded.

Alvin put his hands up. "I don't need to hear this."

Mary laughed. "Baby, you don't like hearing about how horny I am?"

"You, fine." He jerked his thumb at Jennifer, "Her, no."

He went upstairs and washed up in the bathroom. When he came back down, Jennifer had rolled all the foil wrappers into a ball.

"Daddy, grab the wastebasket from under the sink."

He fetched the basket and held it up in front of his face. Jennifer leaned back in her chair and tossed a perfect finger roll.

"All net," Alvin said, putting the wastebasket back under the sink.

"Do you ever miss it? Basketball?" Mary asked.

"Yeah, we both do. In fact, that's something I wanted to talk to you about, daddy."

Alvin pulled out a chair and sat down at the table.

"There's that spot out at the edge of the woods that is granite ledge about a foot down," Jennifer said, "Nothing's going to grow worth a shit there. So we were thinking that come spring, when it gets dry enough, we might put in a half court."

"That sounds like a great idea," Mary said, but Alvin frowned and scratched his head.

"Something to think about," he shrugged.

"When I started playing," Jennifer told Mary, "we had a hoop up on the barn above the door. And in the winter, Daddy would take me to the YMCA to practice there."

"It was a lot of fun, right up till she started beating me regularly at one on one," Alvin said.

Jennifer laughed as she pushed her chair back from the table. "Well, think about it, okay?"

"I will, sweetheart."

"Cool. Well, I've got work to do." Jennifer got up and left the house.

Mary looked at Alvin and squinted. "You didn't seem any too happy about her basketball court idea," she said.

Alvin looked at his hands for a minute. "Well," he said, "the thing is, I don't like the idea of the expense at this time. The farm ain't in the black yet."

"So, tell her that."

"Well, you know..."

"That you hate to say no to her?"

Alvin shrugged and said nothing.

"Alvin, this is frustrating for me," Mary said, sitting back and crossing her arms. "I have a business degree from one of the country's top universities, and my husband and his sister run a business and shut me out of it."

"But this is about Jennifer..."

"No, it is not Alvin, it's about Diana. She thinks I'm some kind of threat to her, like I'm going to squeeze her out."

"Well, you can see how she might be afraid of that."

Mary leaned forward and put her hands on his arm.

"I do understand that. But the thing is Alvin, we are going to have a baby. We...you...have to put that at the top of our concerns. I think that if I could take an active part in the business, the wharf, the farm, the whole thing, I could make it more profitable. I'm not talking about having an equal share, but as your wife, I should at least be fully informed and be allowed to offer my advice and opinions."

"You've got a hell of a point there," Alvin nodded.

"Alright. So, think about what you want to do about it."

"Alright, sweetheart. But something else I want to think about right now."

"What's that, love?"

"That thing about you being horny all the time."

"It's a common reaction in early pregnancy."

He put his hand on her thigh and squeezed. "Well, then, let's see if can't attend to that."

"Oh, god no, not now," she said, moving his hand away, "I'm too bloated from all that chocolate."

***

Mary stood in the hall and stared at the nursery door. Someone, Alvin, or perhaps Jennifer or Rachel, had closed it on the day she miscarried her first pregnancy, and she had not opened it in all the months since.

Her hand trembled as she rested it on the doorknob. She drew in a breath, hesitated for a moment, then turned it.

The room was dark and she felt afraid to step into it until she had reached inside the doorway and flipped on the light.

It looked just as it had. She stepped inside, thinking back to watching Alvin paint the walls and ceiling. She looked at the parade of silhouetted circus animals he had stenciled all the way around the room.

She crossed the room to the crib. She had been so moved when Alvin brought it in, and when he told her that three generations of his family had slept in it. The cartoon stickers on the headboard caught her eye. She reached down and ran her fingers over the image of Jiminy Cricket. What was the song he sang? She searched her memory until it came to her, then she turned and left the nursery, switching off the light, but leaving the door open.

She crossed the hall and entered the bedroom. She turned off the light and looked up at the ceiling. All the little fluorescent stars that Alvin had painted on the ceiling glowed above her. She felt a bit silly, she had not seen the movie since she was a little girl, but she could remember the voice so clearly.

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true

Please, she thought, looking up at the stars her love had created for her, please let this dream come true.

She went downstairs, where Alvin was waiting for her in the kitchen. He was leaning against the counter when she entered.

"I was starting to wonder about you," he said, reaching behind his back. When he brought his hand forward again, it held a bouquet of pink and red roses.

"Happy Valentine's Day, sweetheart," he said as he handed it to her. Mary took it and buried her face in the blooms, inhaling their sweet aroma. She stepped into Alvin's arms, put one hand on his face and kissed him.

"I love you, Alvin."

"I love you too, baby. Now let's get going."

Alvin helped her into her coat. "Let's just hope your ex-husband isn't lurking around this year," he said, taking his own coat down from it's peg.

"You're going to bring that up every year, aren't you," Mary laughed.

"Well, sure, it will be a family legend sort of thing."

"Including the part where you and Tim were going to throw him in the ocean?"

Alvin frowned. "You aren't supposed to know that part."

"Oh honey," she said, kissing his cheek, "I know all your secrets."

They drove down the coast to Camden in a light snowfall. Alvin had made reservations at Caroline's on the waterfront, where they were shown to a seat near the fireplace. Mary looked out the window at the twinkling harbor lights.

"This is cozy," she said, smiling at Alvin.

Alvin ordered prime rib, while Mary asked for the braised duck breast.

"If you want to get a beer or something, go ahead," Mary said, "Don't refrain because I have to."

Alvin shrugged. "I'm fine with water."

"You're a sweet man," she said, taking his hand.

"So, Mary...let me ask you something."

"Yes, love?"

"The, uh, the last time, we decided not to learn the baby's sex. Do you still think that?"

"Yes," she nodded, "I don't want to know."

"Alright, well, maybe we could talk about names."

Mary frowned. "Alvin, I'm not sure how to put this..."

"Just say what you want to say, sweetheart."

Mary gazed out the window for a minute before speaking. "I'm scared, Alvin. I don't want to lose another baby."

"No, honey, of course not..."

"I just think that, well, the less I imagine the baby, the easier it will be if...if something happens. Does that sound heartless?"

"No, it sounds sensible."

"So, we'll talk about names when the time comes, okay?"

Alvin frowned, but nodded. "I think you might change your mind about that, but I'll say no more about it. If you do change your mind, you can let me know."

Their food came and they ate, basking in the warmth of the fire.

"How's your duck?" Alvin asked.

"It's delicious," Mary said, "but I really wish I could have a glass of Merlot or something to go with it. How's your prime rib?"

"Just how I like it," he said.

When Mary finished eating, she put down her fork and slipped off her right shoe. She stretched her leg until her toes touched Alvin's calf. He looked up from his plate in surprise as she ran her foot along the inside of his leg.

"So, we were going to have a discussion about hormonal effects in early pregnancy..." Mary said, scooting forward in her chair, and extending her leg between Alvin's thighs.

"About what?" he asked, dropping his fork.

"About how fucking horny I am," she whispered, pressing her toes against his crotch.

"Jeezum crow, Mary, I guess you are."

He dropped his hand under the table and slid it up her leg. He gently caressed her knee. "So, maybe we'll skip dessert."

"Oh no, we won't," she said, sitting up straight and dropping her foot to the floor. "I've been looking forward to their toffee pudding."

Alvin laughed. "Alright, baby. You want to split one?"

"Nope, I want my own."

"Well, alright then." He reached across the table and took her hand. "I had a thought, sweetheart. What would you think about getting a room down here and driving home in the morning?"

Mary smiled and nodded. "That sounds like fun."

"You know, that sort of thing is going to be harder to do with a kid running around."

Mary's expression turned serious. "Alvin, please, let's not be one of those couples that lose our erotic interest in each other once they have children."

He lifted her hand and kissed it. "I promise, but you have to know, if you aren't mindful, it starts to just slip away without you noticing."

"I forget sometimes that you've been through all this before."

"I do too, baby. Sometimes I forget I did anything before I met you."

Mary rolled her eyes. "There you go, so sincere and so corny at the same time."

"Well, ain't it Valentine's Day?"

After they finished their desserts, they walked up Bay Street to the center of town, leaving their car in the restaurant parking lot. The snow had stopped, but it was bitterly cold. Alvin wrapped his arm around Mary's waist and held her close as they strolled along the quiet street.

They entered the lobby of the Lord Camden Inn and approached the front desk.

"We'd like a room for the night, if one's available," Alvin said to the clerk.

The clerk looked up at them, and Mary thought she saw a slight smirk on his face.

"Very good, yes, we can accommodate you. Do you have any luggage?"

"No, we don't," Mary said in a low voice, trying to sound as lascivious as possible. Alvin stifled a laugh and paid the clerk. As they started up the stairs, he looked back over his shoulder, caught the man's eye, then slid his hand down Mary's back and squeezed her ass.

"You are so bad," she giggled as they mounted the stairs.

"You're the one talking like Marilyn Monroe to the friggin' desk clerk."

"Ooh, did I sound like Marilyn?" She turned and took his hand, walking backwards and pulling him toward their room. "Did you like that?"

"You're sexier than her," he said as they reached the room.

He backed her against the door. She started to speak but he stopped her with a kiss, reaching behind her to cup both sides of her ass in his hands. She gripped his back and returned his kiss, thrusting her tongue into his mouth.

Alvin heard a door open and took a step back. An elderly woman in a pink bathrobe and bunny slippers came out of her room, flopping down the the hall with her ice bucket. He smiled and nodded to her, then reached around Mary and unlocked the door.

Mary turned as soon as the door closed and took hold of the waist of Alvin's pants. She walked him toward the bed, then sat down on it, pulling him down beside her. She leaned over him and kissed him.

"Do you know what I want?" she asked.

"No, sweetheart, tell me."

"I really, really want you to go down on me," she whispered.

"That seems doable."

Mary laughed. "Well, good."

She rose up on her knees, unzipped her dress and pulled it over her head. Alvin sat up, put his hands on her hips and kissed her stomach. He hooked his fingers in her panties and slipped them down her thighs, then leaned forward and kissed her again, in the soft tangle of her pubic hair. She tugged her underpants off and tossed them aside. She straddled Alvin's lap. His cock was straining against the fabric of his slacks. She rubbed herself against it, laughing when he moaned in response.

"I never gave you a lap dance," she said, gyrating her hips and grinding down on him, "How do you like it?"

"It's a bit stimulating, you might say."

She gently pushed him down on his back and crawled forward on her knees. When she reached his chest, he wrapped his arms around her hips and pulled her forward, raising his head between her legs.

Mary leaned backwards until her hands touched the mattress. She tilted her pelvis forward, and pressed herself against Alvin's face. She felt his lips on her labia, and then his tongue slipping between them. He lapped at her pussy, flicking his tongue against her clit. She squeezed her thighs tightly around his head and rode his tongue as she would his cock. Her breathing turned into a ragged pant and her arms began to tremble. She felt lightheaded. Her elbows buckled, and she fell backwards, laughing and gasping. Rolling on to her side, she tugged at Alvin's belt buckle.

Alvin rolled with her, still holding on to her ass. He lowered his head back between her thighs and resumed licking her, while she opened his pants and slipped her hand inside. She pulled his cock free and wrapped her lips around it. Alvin responded to the sensation of her warm month engulfing him by increasing the fervor with which he worked his lips and tongue on her clit. Mary's hips began to buck, and she felt a wave of intense pleasure wash over her. She lifted her head from Alvin's cock and gasped for breath, nearly hyperventilating as a second wave surged through her like an electric current.

Mary arched her back, but Alvin wrapped his arms around her and refused to let her pull away. He rolled on to his back, carrying her with him. She came a third time, grinding down on his face.

Alvin pushed her hips upward, gasping for air. Mary stroked his cock while catching her own breath. When she had regained enough strength, she rose up on her knees, turned around and straddled Alvin's hips, and sat down on his cock. She guided it inside her, then placed her hands on Alvin's chest and began to slowly ride him.

"You told the truth about that hormone thing," Alvin said, in a voice that was not much more than a grunt. Mary grinned at him and sat up straight, placing her hands on her hips. She gyrated on his cock, chuckling as she watched his mouth open wide in a long moan.

"You like that, baby?"

"Hell, yes," he said. He put his hands on top of hers and began to thrust his hips forward. Mary moved with him, bouncing with each motion. She felt another climax coming on, and she dropped on to Alvin's chest. He wrapped his arms tightly around her waist and pounded his loins against her. Mary's orgasm rolled over her, and Alvin followed right behind, draining himself into her.

"I love when you come inside me, " Mary murmured as they cuddled in the afterglow of their lovemaking.

"Well, you know that's how you got in your current situation, right?" Alvin replied.

Mary laughed. "Do they have room service here?"

"I imagine so, but it's after eleven, it's probably closed. You ain't hungry again already, are you?"

"I'd really like some ice cream," she shrugged.

Without a word, Alvin stood up, pulled up his pants and stepped into his shoes.

"What are you doing?" Mary asked.

"There's a Rite Aid just up the street, I can get you ice cream there."

"Really? Alvin, you are so sweet."

He kissed her, put on his coat and went out.

Rite Aid was closed. Alvin headed back toward the Inn, but at Bay Street, he turned and walked down to Caroline's, where they had left the car. The Shop and Save ain't but a mile or so down the road, he thought.

But the Shop and Save was closed as well. The gas station at the town line was open, but didn't have ice cream. Finally, the Shell station in Rockport was open, and had a small selection of Ben and Jerry's. He bought a pint of Cherry Garcia and one of Chunky Monkey. He left the building, then remembered to go back in and get a pair of plastic spoons.

Mary was asleep when he returned to the room. He kicked off his shoes and sat down in the chair next to the bed. He peeled the top off the Cherry Garcia and watched her sleep while he ate it.

***

The scent of lilacs was heavy, almost cloying, as Mary stepped out on to the front porch. She remembered how it had pervaded the house on the morning when she had seen blood pooling in the shower, when she had lost her unborn child.

It was a beautiful day. The sky was a cloudless blue, the trees were green with fresh leaves and across the road, a large stand of forsythia blazed bright yellow. Everything in the world around her looked so right. Still, she fought off a wave of melancholy as she walked down the long driveway to the mailbox.

As she sorted the mail, she looked up and saw Jennifer walking toward her between the furrows of the cornfield.

"Hey," Jennifer called as she approached, "Have you been getting nose bleeds?"

"No," Mary said, "But I'm getting the worst goddamn heartburn."

"Yeah, I've got that, too."

Mary looked Jennifer over. "Holy cow, your boobs are getting huge."

"I know, right?" She held out the front of her shirt and looked down inside it. "I gained, like, two bra sizes."

"Mine haven't gotten all that much bigger."

"Any mail for us?" Jennifer asked.

Mary handed her a catalogue and an envelope. Jennifer looked at them. "A seed catalogue after I already planted and a credit card bill I already paid."

"Listen," Mary said, "I don't really know what to do with myself now that I'm not working. If you need any help with anything, let me know."

"It's good you took an early maternity leave, though, considering, you know, last time."

"Yes, but it's only been a week and I'm bored. So, if I can do anything..."

Jennifer shrugged. "I haven't had to cut back my work any yet. Danni and my Dad have both said that they would take on some things, and I have made a deal with Theo to do the weeding once school is out."

"What's the deal?"

"That if he weeds, he gets to feed the animals."

Mary laughed. "The boy drives a hard bargain."

"Alright, well, I need to go pee for the tenth time today, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, Jen, see you, honey." As Jennifer walked away, Mary called after her, "Hey, what happened to putting up your basketball court?"

"Oh," Jennifer replied over her shoulder, "My Dad said wait until next year."

Mary shook her head and chuckled. She slipped the mail into the pocket of her sweater and began to walk along the stone wall that separated the farm from the road. As she strolled, she looked out across the fields of corn and tomatoes and at the grazing pasture and the rigging tangled with vines of hops. Every stone in these walls came from these fields, she thought. Decades before, Alvin's ancestors had dug them all from the earth, clearing their land and constructing the walls. The thought made her feel a deep connection to the place. "Not just Alvin's ancestors" she muttered aloud, while patting her belly, "Your ancestors, baby."

MelissaBaby
MelissaBaby
933 Followers