Mason Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Were you asleep?" Mason asked.

"Not yet, why?" Toni asked surprised that she was glad to hear from him.

"I know that we made plans for Saturday but I was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite to eat for dinner tonight." Mason said.

"I can't, I'm helping mom and dad unload their truck tonight." Toni said.

"I'm available to help." Mason offered.

"No, but thanks." Toni said.

"Who's going to do all the heavy lifting? Surely not you and your parents." Mason said.

"No but..."

"What time will you be there?"

"Four but..."

"Perfect! And I'll bring dinner. See you then."

Toni looked the phone and then realized that Mason didn't know the exact address of her parent's apartment, she called him back, gave him the information and then hung up. She would call her parents later to let them know that Mason was coming to help. She didn't want to hear her mother say "I told you so."

Mason jumped up and ran to the kitchen trying to decide what to make for dinner. In the end he decided to go with something simple, Pizza bread and a tossed salad, the bread could be assembled and baked there and the salad could be made just before he went. He checked his supplies and then called the grocery store to have what he was missing delivered. While he waited for the delivery, he called over to the condo to check on progress there, he hadn't even begun to figure out how to tell Toni that he bought the condo next door to her. After thinking about it he decided that there was no reason to tell her at this point, it would serve no real purpose.

*****

As soon as Jamie heard Mason's voice, he flew out of what would be his room.

"Dr. Mason!" he squealed happily.

"Hi Jamie." Mason greeted with a smile. "Where's your mom?" he asked.

"In the kitchen with gramma." Jamie replied as he took a bag from Mason.

"Careful, that's pretty heavy." Mason said as he relinquished the bag.

"I don't know mom." Toni was saying when Mason walked into the kitchen. "Yellow is so... old."

"The term is retro and ... let's ask Mason." Barbara said.

"What are we talking about?" Mason asked.

"I want to paint the kitchen yellow but Toni thinks it too old fashioned. What do you think?" Barbara asked.

"Don't do it man." Ben whispered when he came into the kitchen.

Taking Ben's advice, Mason said to Jamie.

"How about we get those pizzas ready?" and he hurried off.

"Coward!" mother and daughter called after him laughing.

"You're good for her and Jamie." Ben said quietly, "She just doesn't know it yet but give her time and she will." he added.

Mason looked at the two women playfully arguing over the proposed color of choice for the kitchen and then at Ben who clapped him on the back and walked away leaving Mason and Jamie alone top make the pizza bread.

"Ready?" Jamie asked happy to be helping.

"I'm ready." Mason replied looking at a still laughing Toni.