Mason Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers

"It's only been three years and I still miss him but the rest of you act as if he didn't exist. You all act as if... as if everything is normal and it isn't! His wife is gallivanting around with another man when she should still be mourning James and you all are encouraging it!" Gina exclaimed crying.

Robert sighed and then hugged her, "Gina, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about and miss James but sweetheart, life does go on as it should. Toni is a beautiful young woman who has already come to grips with James' death and is ready to move on and I think that you need to as well. Tomorrow, call your therapist and make an appointment."

Gina nodded her agreement, Robert was right about everything, she had to let James go.

*******

The movers arrived bright and early and were soon loading the truck with the things going to the condo, once they were done, Toni would come back and cover whatever furniture was left with sheets, set up the alarm system and leave. Toni walked around the house taking the time to spend a few minutes in each room remembering whatever events had taken place there. The last place she went was their bedroom; she picked up the box of disc, took a last look around and walked out. The saying 'today is the first day of the rest of your life' went through her head as she set the alarm and walked out.

Jamie was already at the condo with her parents when she got there eager to begin decorating his room. His box of new posters and whatever else that he was going to decorate his room with sat on the floor by his feet. He greeted her with his standard enthusiastic hug and kiss.

"Mom!"

"Good morning to you too!" Toni said returning the hug and kiss.

"Did you eat this morning?" Barbara asked.

"Not yet but I will." Toni replied looking around. "Where's Gina and Robert?" she asked.

"Gina had an early appointment; they dropped Jamie off on the way." Barbara replied.

As soon as they were inside, Jamie took off to his room and shut the door so that he could decorate in private. Toni wondered what the big secret was but didn't ask. In a way, she was glad that Jamie was out of earshot, she wanted to ask her parents to baby sit in private.

"Mom, are you doing anything on Monday night?" she asked.

"Not that I know of, your father will probably spend the evening looking at ESPN but I don't think that we're going anywhere. Why?"

Toni took a deep breath.

"I'm going out to dinner with Mason and...."

"I knew it!" Barbara squealed. "I knew it! Ben did you hear?"

"I heard." Ben said quietly with a smile that Toni recognized as one of approval.

"Hold it you two, it's just dinner." Toni said trying to curb their enthusiasm.

"What time? No, better yet, Jamie can spend the day and night with us. He likes watching sports with his grampa." Barbara said. "That way you won't feel rushed to get home. Where's he taking you?"

"Mom, slow down." Toni said laughing.

The arrival of the moving truck curtailed any further conversation. As per their agreement, the movers started with Jamie's room so that he could start to unpack his things. While the unloading was happening, Ben and Jamie ran out to get food for breakfast giving Barbara a chance to talk to Toni alone.

"Robert says that Gina is finally going to get some help in dealing with James' and he wanted us to know that anything that Gina said or did was out of grief."

Toni didn't say anything at first, she wasn't completely convinced that grief was all that motivated Gina but in the interest of family harmony she accepted it.

"James' dying affected so many people outside of this family." she said and then told her mother about Tom.

"You don't think that it was negligence do you?" Barbara asked.

"I would be less than honest if I said that the thought didn't cross my mind but no, I don't believe that it was negligence. We all knew that he could die at anytime; it just happened a lot sooner than any of us wanted, at least Tom's getting help and I need to be a better friend to him. I had my family but Tom had no one to help him through James's death, I should have been there for him." Toni said.

"You also had a full plate." Barbara reminded her.

"I know but if I had just reached out to him, he might not be where he is now."

Several hours later, the movers were gone and the condo was full of boxes waiting to be unpacked. It reminded Toni of why she had always hated moving.

*******

The day went slowly for Mason; he could hardly wait until it was time to go to Toni's. He was in the middle of making the fried rice when he had a thought, Dudley. He hadn't thought to tell him not to mention anything about him buying the condo. He turned the stove down and reached for his phone. Fortunately, Dudley was in.

"This is Mason Donahue calling, I bought th..... Yes. Oh congratulations, I'm glad that I was able to help you reach your goal.... Yes. The reason for my call is to ask a favor of you. I don't mind that you mention that the condo was sold but I would appreciate you not saying by whom. Yes I value my privacy and could you also make sure that your co-workers are aware? Good. Thank you and enjoy your Hawaiian vacation."

That done, Mason returned to the stove and finished cooking the rice. He turned the burner down to low and began to make the egg rolls. He hadn't asked Jamie what kind he liked so he was making some of every kind and creating a few as he went. He wondered if Toni liked to cook but suspected not, every time the subject of food came up, it was either Barbara cooking or takeout. If not then that was fine, he enjoyed cooking and didn't cook enough as far as he was concerned. The egg rolls were assembled and he began to work on the chicken lo mein and beef and broccoli, he knew that he was making too much food but it the leftovers would be good for lunches.

By four-thirty, the egg rolls were frying and the other food in airtight containers, the condiments were already packed and ready to go. By five, Mason was in his car and headed over to Toni's condo, the smell of the freshly cooked food making his stomach rumble.

The moving truck was already gone which freed up a parking space close to the condo, as soon as he got out of the car, he heard Jamie calling him.

"Dr. Mason!" a few minutes later, Jamie was at the car offering to help carry something. Mason gave him the lightest thing that he could find and followed him up to the condo. Ben met him at the door and took a box from him.

"Where do you go that you get nice containers like these?" Ben asked.

"I made dinner." Mason replied.

"You cooked all of this?" Toni asked.

"I like to cook so it was no problem." Mason replied.

After dinner, everyone was stuffed; Jamie took Mason to his room to show him the posters that he hung up. "Dr. Mason, do you like my mom?" Jamie asked out of the blue.

The question caught Mason off guard but he answered honestly.

"Yes, I like her, is that alright with you?"

"That's good, I like you too." Jamie replied as he pulled out the next book that he wanted to read with Mason.

The book was a little advanced for Jamie but Mason didn't discourage him.

"That's a good book, how about we start it later?" he said.

Gina and Robert had just arrived when they rejoined the others, although they had already eaten, Robert had to try Mason's homemade Chinese food.

"This is excellent!" he exclaimed and offered a bite to Gina who declined.

"We just wanted to stop by and bring you a house warming gift." she said as she handed Toni a box. "I know that you like candles so..."

"Thank you Gina." Toni said as she opened the box to look at the candle. It was a beautiful deep purple that would look nice in the living room. "It's beautiful." Toni said.

"It's one of those soy ones that are supposed to last a long time; I got myself and Barbara one too." Gina added.

Toni hugged Gina recognizing the candles for what they were, an apology but this time a sincere one. As she hugged Gina, Toni whispered in her ear, "I will never forget James."

Gina hugged Toni tighter and then broke away sniffling. "I think I will try one of those egg rolls."

The men and Jamie put the beds together while the women unpacked the kitchen, it was tense at first until Gina started laughing. Toni and Barbara looked at each other and then her.

"I don't know why I just thought about this but Toni, sweetie, why do you have pots and pans when you don't cook?" Gina asked,

"Because... oh hell, I don't know! James would never let me near the kitchen." she replied seeing the humor in the whole thing.

"I was just asking." Gina said still chuckling.

The men heard the laughter and relaxed, as far as Mason was concerned, another piece had just fallen into place. He had the approval of Toni's parents, Jamie and now James' family although their approval meant nothing. He had approval from the people that he wanted it from, Barbara, Ben and Jamie. Now there was just Toni.

*******

"Mom! Hurry up it's almost time to go!" Jamie called into her room.

"Coming!" she called back grumpily.

In less than an hour, Mason had taught Jamie how to tell time and now he was the official time keeper.

"Mom!" Jamie called again this time his impatience clear.

Toni ignored him and glanced at the clock, she still had ten minutes before Mason got there. She stood in the large walk in closet and debated as to which top she should wear and finally decided on the mint green long sleeved top and then decided to change her shoes while she was at it. By the time she was done with her fashion revisions, it was almost five-thirty and she wondered why Jamie wasn't yelling for her to hurry.

She grabbed a jacket and rushed out of the room to find Jamie sitting on the sofa with Mason reading out loud.

"Sorry guys." she mumbled.

"No worries, I already have the tickets so that we won't have to stand in line." Mason said as he took the book from Jamie and closed it.

Jamie jumped up and grabbed his jacket, "come on you guys!" he said and ran out of the door.

As they walked by the condo next to hers Toni said, "I heard that someone bought it but I haven't seen him yet."

"How do you know that it's a male?" Mason asked.

"Because I asked." Toni replied. "I want to know who my neighbor is but anyway; all that they would tell me was that it was a man and that he wanted no information about him to be given out. I find that kind of suspicious."

"I don't know." Mason said with a shrug, "maybe he just likes his privacy."

"Then why buy a condo where you're going to have a neighbor?" Toni asked.

Mason didn't reply as he unlocked the car doors and held the door open for Toni and then Jamie. He hoped that the conversation about the condo would be dropped and thanks to Jamie it was.

"Are we going to have popcorn and candy?" he asked as soon as Mason was in the car.

"Popcorn yes, candy no." Toni replied firmly effectively ending the pitch for candy before it even started.

The line for the movies wasn't as long as Mason had anticipated which was why he purchased the tickets early. He led them to the theater, found seats and then left again to get the refreshments. Jamie liked his popcorn plain as did he but Toni was the salt and butter queen.

"Make sure that they fill the bag half full, put the butter on and then they can add the rest of the butter on the top. Don't worry about the salt, I have my own supply." she told him.

He watched in amazement as Toni pulled out a salt shaker that contained butter flavored popcorn salt and liberally doused the butter soaked popcorn.

"You're really going to eat that?" he asked.

"Yep, want some?" Toni asked.

"No, thanks." Mason replied as he watched her put a few of the kernels into her mouth.

Toni's eyes closed in bliss as the flavor of the popcorn, salt and butter exploded on her tongue. It had been months since she and Jamie had been to a movie although if he had his way, they'd be at a movie every week.

Mason watched Toni's reaction to the popcorn and got an idea of what she would look like as she was being pleasured. It wasn't a good thing to think about he realized as he felt his cock which hadn't been inside of a woman since Gretchen tingle.

He made himself stop watching Toni and turned his attention to Jamie.

"Do you need the bathroom before the movie starts?" he asked.

"I think that maybe you should go." Toni said remembering the last time that she and Jamie were at the movies. He had to go soon after the movie started and then they had a hard time finding their seats again.

Jamie reluctantly agreed, sat his popcorn down and waited for Mason. The theater was almost full so when they left, Toni put her Jacket in Mason's seat and sat Jamie's popcorn in his. Several minutes later, a couple came in looking for seats that were together, spotting the two seats next to Toni, they edged their way in crawling over the people on the end.

"I'm sorry but those seats are taken." Toni said politely.

The man of the couple looked put out and was ready to leave but the woman stopped him.

"How do we know that they're taken?" she asked.

"Come on babe, the lady says that their taken." the man said.

"But how do we know? She might be one of them who don't like to be touched or somethin'" the woman said with a slurred voice.

"I assure you that these seats are taken." Toni said firmly.

"Mom?" Jamie asked from behind the couple.

The woman turned around and looked at Jamie.

"Aren't you a cutie pie? I could just take you home with me!" she slurred.

Mason finally reached the seats; he had to wait until everyone on the end got up so that he could get in.

"Toni is there a problem?" he asked.

The man's eyes widened when he saw Mason. He took the woman by the arm and began to lead her away mumbling his apologies.

"Can't leave you alone for five minutes can we?" he teased.

The previews began so Toni didn't get a chance to respond, if she would have, she would have been shushed by Jamie; the previews were his favorite part of going to the movies.

Throughout the movie, Mason kept looking over at Toni and wondered what she was thinking. He wondered if she was beginning to feel more than the pull of mates and if she knew that he was developing feelings for her. Barbara and Ben knew that he was and even Jamie knew that's why he asked him if he liked his mom.

After the movie, Jamie begged for ice cream.

"Not tonight." she said. "You ate your entire bag of popcorn and drank all of your soda, add ice cream to that and we're talking a big stomach ache."

"But mom..." Jamie started to say.

"Next time we'll go for ice cream alright?" Mason said.

Jamie pouted but agreed.

Toni was surprised that Jamie had given in so easily, usually she had to get downright firm with him in order for him to give up.

Jamie was out of the car and running toward the building when Mason called him back. When Jamie reached him, Mason knelt down to eye level and took him by the arms.

"A man never leaves a woman, young, old, beautiful or not to get in or out of a car alone. A man escorts the woman to her door ensuring that she reaches her home safely. Do you understand?" Mason asked.

"Yes Dr, Mason." Jamie replied.

"Good, shall we escort your mother to your condo?" Mason asked.

Jamie nodded, went to the passenger side of the car and with Mason's help opened the door. He watched as Mason offered his hand to Toni and made sure that she was clear of the car door before closing it. Mason looked down at Jamie and gave him a wink as Jamie took Toni's free hand and walked to the condo.

Mason stayed long enough to wait for Jamie to change into his pajamas and to read a short story with him before saying his goodnights. At the door, he looked down at Toni, bent down and kissed her lightly on the lips before walking away without giving her a chance to respond.

Toni was surprised and then speechless. The kiss wasn't a platonic one by any stretch of the imagination but it wasn't erotic either, it was a simple statement. Mason Donahue was romantically interested in her.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers