Masquerade Pt. 01

Story Info
Sometimes you get what you didn't know you wanted...
1.2k words
4.18
14.6k
13
7

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/13/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My heels click across the office lobby tiles as I walk briskly to the elevator. "Late again," I think to myself and sigh. I probably couldn't be on time if my life depended on it, but fortunately, my boss doesn't really care.

I get to my office, hang up my coat behind the door, plug in my laptop and power it on. Sitting down at my desk, I pull out the keyboard drawer. There's a plain black envelope on the keyboard with my name in silver calligraphy. I pick it up, and the weight surprises me. The envelope texture is sophisticated, refined, expensive. I turn it over and see a seal on the back, but I don't recognize it.

"Strange," I think to myself. I slide my finger under the flap, break the seal and open the envelope. It's one of those fancy envelopes with heavy silver paper lining the inside, almost like a wedding invitation. I figure that must be it; someone else in this damn office is getting married, and once again, it's not me. Not that I really want to get married again. I'm quite happy being single, career oriented, spending my weekends with girlfriends or the occasional dalliance, at least that's what I tell myself over a glass of wine at night. I've never been the type of girl who dreamt about her wedding; I didn't want to get married the first time, and I don't really want to get married again. However, it would be nice to have a special someone in my life who wasn't battery operated.

I pull out the invitation and am immediately struck by its elegant flare. The invitation is square, black, textured paper with silver text. On the left side is an ornate mask. I'm mesmerized by the mask, and I run my fingers over it, feeling the indentation from the printing. It's silver and emerald green with long flowing ribbons, jewels and glitter on the face and a few feathers on the very top. It's beautiful. My eyes dart to the invitation information.

You are cordially invited to attend the

International Bacchus Brotherhood Annual Masquerade Ball

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hors d'oeuvres 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.

Dinner and dancing 7 p.m. - midnight

Black Tie, Masquerade Mask required

RSVP by Friday, January 11, to Alicia Page at xxx.xxx.xxxx or apage@xx-x.xorg

Upon confirmation of your RSVP to attend, the location of the event will be provided.

I'm surprised by this invitation since I don't know anyone in, nor have I ever heard of the International Bacchus Brotherhood. Plus, the event is this Saturday night, and I'm way past the RSVP date. I login to my laptop and Google International Bacchus Brotherhood. Not surprisingly, I don't find any information. "Hmmm," I think. I wonder if this is a joke, but the invitation is so nice, I can't imagine anyone going through all the trouble to create it for a practical joke. I decide to set it aside for now as work is pressing.

Just then, my coworker, Mark, peaks his head into my doorway. "Ready for the meeting?" he asks.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I reply. I review my notes once again, grab my file and head to the conference room.

"How was your weekend?" Mark asks.

"Fine. Went to the movies with Karen on Friday; had Judy and Mike over for dinner Saturday night. Nothing too exciting. You?"

"Went skiing. Took my nephews which was interesting and an experience I don't care to repeat until they're older," Mark chuckles. "I love being the favorite uncle, but it was a little overwhelming. May need to bring reinforcements next time."

I select my seat in the conference room, midway down the table across from the windows. I hate the weekly staff meeting, but Mark and I are presenting an idea for a customer segmentation campaign for a new client this morning, so at least I won't be bored during all of it. I pour my coffee; the rest of the team arrives, and the typical Monday morning banter ensues, mostly about sports since I work with a team of men, with the exception of Valerie. I can't stand Valerie, but I always smile and attempt polite conversation. She's never liked me, and I don't really know why. Her hostility toward me rolls off her in waves, so I turn to Rob, and listen in to his story about his son's football game and how his son single-handedly crushed the opposing team even though he's the kicker.

Jake, my boss and our CMO, arrives, and the team takes their seats. He greets us, dives into a discussion about where we stand with a few key clients, then Mark and I make our presentation. The team is excited about our ideas, and Jake gives us the green light.

I sit back down in my chair and gaze absently out the window as Jake continues on with the meeting. Rob and Jason make a presentation as well, then Valerie and Steve. My phone vibrates, and I welcome the distraction. Glancing down, I see I have an instant message from Paul, a guy I've been seeing off and on for a little over a month. He's persistent, funny, aggressive and loves to send me naughty instant messages, especially during work hours. I look around the table, and the team is either engaged with the presentation or staring absently at their tablets or the wall / window. I open the IM, and Paul has sent me a particularly wicked suggestion of what he wants to do to me on the desk in my office. His description is colorful, and I feel heat rise to my face as I read his message. I shift in my chair and cross my legs the other way. I catch Mark and Jason out of the corner of my eye as they shift as well. I look down and see the lace at the top of my stocking can be seen through the slit in my skirt. I like having sexy, feminine lingerie on underneath my business attire, so too bad if they can't deal. (Maybe that's why Valerie hates me. I don't think there's anything feminine about her.)

My phone vibrates again, and Paul has sent me another message continuing with his lascivious desires. I feel my breasts swell and my nipples harden under my silk blouse. My lips part as I breathe and read the rest of his messages. This man will be the death of me, or potentially my career. I turn the screen off, and place my phone back on the table. I chance a glance at Mark and Jason, and they both are shifting in their seats again, as is Steve. It can't have anything to do with me. Maybe they're just as restless as me and want this meeting to end.

The rest of the day passes in a blur as Mark and I set about fleshing out the meat of the campaign. We go to lunch as we often do. I like Mark's company. He's funny, smart, understands the business and is a good friend. We have fun together, and I like collaborating with people who help make the workday more enjoyable. He's pretty easy on the eyes, too, or so I've been told. I guess I never really noticed. He's tall, although I'm not sure of his exact height. 6'2" or 6'3" I think. He's fit, muscular from his disciplined exercise regimen (and why he's never late for work). He has dark hair with a touch of gray and piercing green eyes. He'd be my "type" if we didn't work together. I have a strict no-dating-men-I-work-with policy.