Mass Effect: Shards Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'?" she continued, her voice dripping with a deep, venomous rage. "My ass. People say shit like that to make themselves feel better about fucking other people. They think that means that if they hurt someone, they're doing them a favor. They aren't. They're just hurting them. The people who get hurt make themselves strong."

"What did you do?" Athena asked timidly.

"I didn't make the same mistake they did," she hissed through clenched teeth before releasing her. "Now, 'cause your Shepard's kid, and 'cause I'm all reformed and shit, I won't beat the hell out of you. But don't think you can tell me about pain!"

"Okay," Athena whispered. Jack turned to continue, but Athena put a hand on her shoulder. Jack looked back, and the hand went to her cheek. "My mother told me that my father always respected you. She used to say 'Jack is right now what the rest of us are going to be when this is over, and exactly the kind of person we need. Hell itself came for her, and she knocked its teeth in.'"

"Is that true?" Jack asked quietly. Athena nodded, and continued.

"She also said that you gave her hope, and she wanted to return the favor." Jack stared at her for a moment, and then turned to continue towards their destination.

"Come on, we're almost there."

******

Jack and Athena stood at the edge of a large pit where heavy machinery was busy digging into the rubble. "I thought you said they were rebuilding," the asari commented.

"You can't build on 50 meters of blown up city. They have to clear all the crap out before they can start building. Come on, Wharton's is below ground," Jack said as they descended a flight of stairs down into the pit, putting her jacket back on.

"Why are you putting that on again?"

Jack sighed in frustration. "Okay, kid, listen up. If you are going to go looking for the people who knew your mom-"

"Father," Athena corrected her.

"She had a pussy. She was your mom. Deal with it," Jack said. "Anyway, if you want to meet all your mom's friends, you're going to be going all over the galaxy. And the galaxy ain't a friendly place, so you gotta learn how to take care of yourself."

"Okay."

"First lesson, don't let people know any more about you than absolutely necessary. These tats I have? They tell a story, and anyone who can read them knows to watch their asses around me. I don't want them watching their asses."

"Right. What should I do?" Athena asked curiously.

"Act like a hot, naïve little piece of ass that doesn't know shit about the world. Just be yourself," she laughed. "Lesson two: always ask the bartender first. Come on."

"I can handle myself," Athena said defensively.

"We'll see, kid. This ain't gonna be a friendly exchange." Jack led her down some more stairs and opened a door with the words "Wharton's" stenciled on it. Athena was immediately assaulted by the combined smell of alcohol, urine, and vomit, making her gag. "You got this naïve thing down. There's the bar. Watch and learn kid."

"That is rancid!" Athena gagged, following behind Jack as the human strode into the bar. Loud music pounded at her ears, and she fought the urge to cover them. The lights strobed, giving the writhing throngs of dancers an eerie, almost supernatural appearance. Along the walls were a series of stages, each featuring one or two dancers in various states of undress.

Jack tapped her arm and pointed. Through a door in the back, Athena could see into a darkly lit room guarded by a pair of mercenaries. She saw a short, fat man pass the guards, and was greeted by another man. They shook hands, and the second man gestured to someone. A young girl appeared, no older than 16, her head down in shame and fear. The fat man took her arm and they disappeared into the room. "That's where we're headed. Play along and look down at the ground."

"Uhh, okay." Athena stammered.

"And don't talk," Jack added, pushing Athena in front of her. They worked their way up to the guards, Jack pushing Athena roughly ahead of her. When they neared the guards, Jack pushed her to the ground. "Move it, bitch. Got some merchandise for Mr. Wharton," she said to the guards.

"Hold it!" one yelled, holding a hand out. "You got an appointment?"

"No."

"They you don't go in. Now-"

"Wait," interrupted a man from inside the room. "Let them in."

"Yes, sir, Mr. Wharton. You can go in, but watch yourself," the guard said, eyeing Jack suspiciously. Jack smiled back at him as she dragged Athena into the room. The room was darkly lit, with a number of chairs and couches in a waiting area. Several staircases led down, and Athena could hear faint crying coming from down some of them.

"I understand you have something for me?" said the man who had greeted the fat man. He was tall and thin, with scraggly hair and a scar on his face.

"I want a trade."

"What kind of trade," said Wharton, suspiciously.

"You got a new girl a few days ago. She's 20, average height, thin, black haired Asian girl. Name's Takara," Jack explained

"I might have seen a girl like that," Wharton said. "What are you offering?"

"The rarest thing in the galaxy: an asari virgin." Athena's blood ran cold. She didn't know what Jack was doing, and wasn't even sure this was a ploy.

Wharton thought for a moment, then yelled over his shoulder. "Get me the new meat," he shouted. "Show me the asari."

"Not until I see Takara."

"Very well," Wharton sighed. After a few minutes, a muscular man appeared, holding a leash, half-dragging a young woman behind him. She was wearing a skin-tight black latex dress, leaving nothing to the imagination. She glanced up, and her eyes lit as soon as she saw Jack.

"Ma'am? Is that you?"

"Yeah, it's me. You okay?" Jack replied. The girl hung her head in reply. "Guess not. Hey, Athena, here's the next lesson: when you put someone down, make sure they stay that way." Without warning, Jack's arm shot forward, and a biotic wave rippled through the air, tossing the man with the leash into the wall.

"Guards!" Wharton shouted, before running for the stairs. Jack followed him, grabbing a pistol from the unconscious guard.

"Get Takara out of here! I'm gonna deal with this little bitch myself. Meet me at Alliance Command!" Jack yelled to Athena before running after Wharton.

"Wait, that's it? She left us!" Athena cried, turning to Takara. "What do we do now?"

"Come back here so I can rip you in half, you little shit!" Jack yelled from down the hall.

"Are you kidding? We get the hell out of here!" she said. "Oh hell, get down!" Takara grabbed Athena and pulled her behind a bar as the guards entered, drawing their weapons. "Shit!" The guards unloaded their clips into the bar, destroying the stools and sending glass showering onto the two women.

"Oh, Goddess," Athena cried, shutting her eyes.

"Get this collar off me!" yelled Takara.

"What?"

"The collar, get it off! It inhibits my biotic abilities." Athena struggled with it, but to no avail.

"I can't get it off."

"Then you have to deal with them."

"What?! I can't fight!" cried Athena.

"You're asari! Just toss them around or something."

"I'm 19! I can barely lift a pebble!"

"I'm 20, do something!" Takara cried desperately as the guards opened fire again, beginning to move around the bar. Then, Athena noticed a small pistol behind the bar. She grabbed it and, pressing her back against the bar, closed her eye and concentrated. She waited for the fire to stop, and sprang to her feet.

As her head climbed above the bar, she raised the pistol, sweeping it in a wide arc in front of her, staring down the sight with both eyes. Two heads appeared in the sights, one after the other, and she squeezed the trigger once each time. Two bodies slumped to the floor.

"Holy shit!" Takara gasped as she peeked over the bar. She stood, placing a hand unconsciously on Athena's shoulder, causing her to jump in surprise. "Hey, take it easy. How did you do that?"

"My mother taught me."

"But she didn't teach you how to use biotics?"

"Well, she did, but not on a person."

"It's the same thing!" Takara cried.

"Well, I..." her voice trailed off.

"What if they had shields?" Athena's eyes widened.

"I didn't think of that."

******

As the sun began to set, Athena poked her head out of the collapsed tunnel and looked around. Seeing no signs of life, she ducked back into the ruined subway station, pulling a large sheet of metal back over the remains of the entrance. She clicked on her omni-tool light and used it to see while she crawled back down through the small passage back to the main chamber.

A few meters ahead of her, the tunnel opened up into the remains of a small waiting room. The room contained a few rows of seats, many covered with debris. The stairwell down to the boarding platform had collapsed, blocking the only other way into the room. Takara sat in a corner, trying to get her collar off with a handful of tools she found in a toolbox.

"Any luck?" Athena asked, getting to her feet and dusting herself off.

"No, it won't come off. I have to get it off," Takara said anxiously, pulling desperately at the collar. Her smooth, long black hair was a tangled mess from running through the ruined city from Wharton's men. Athena knelt next to her and pulled the human's hands away, examining the collar. She hesitated in releasing her hand, feeling them tremble in her own hands.

"Let me take a look," she said soothingly as she activated her omni-tool. Athena examined the device for a few minutes before giving up. "I can't get off. We have to find somebody with more technical skills to get it off."

"No, I can't wait. I can't! Get if off!" Takara cried, starting to panic. Athena squeezed her hands tightly, trying to comfort her.

"Relax, you're going to be fine. We'll get it off," she whispered.

"No, no, no, I need it off. I can't do anything with it on, I can't stop them from making me..." she trailed off, starting to cry. Athena lifted Takara's chin and their lips were suddenly together. Electricity passed between them, and their pulses raced. When Athena realized what happened, she pulled back. Their lips parted briefly, but Takara grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her back, lying back against the wall and pulling Athena onto her.

Athena grasped Takara hands and was able to pry her hands off her and break the kiss. "What are you doing?" she gasped, catching her breath.

"Please, please don't stop," Takara begged. "They beat me, and they humiliated me, and they... used me. And then they left me alone. I don't want to be alone. I can't be alone, not with this collar on, not while I'm defenseless."

"You're never defenseless."

"Please!"

"I've never done this before," Athena protested.

"I don't care!" Takara screamed, startling Athena." I don't care if you haven't done this before, or if you have someone else, or if you don't like humans, or whatever. Please, just make me not hurt." Athena simply stared at her, thinking. Takara slowly leaned forward, creeping closer and closer, desperate for contact. Finally, their lips touched again.

This time, Athena did not resist. Instead, she placed her hands on Takara's shoulders and pulled the dress down. The rubbery material peeled off Takara's skin, and Athena ran her hands over the human's back. On Takara's lower back, Athena felt ridges, hot and damp. She pulled her hands back. They had traces of red liquid on them. "Are those?" she asked, breaking their kiss.

"I fought back. They whipped me," Takara breathed before pressing her lips to the asari's again. Athena's lips parted, and she felt a warm, wet mass invade her mouth. The sensation was strange, but the taste was intoxicating. Sweet, salty, and sour all at once, it drove Athena mad. She sucked greedily on Takara's tongue, massaging it with her own. Takara's hands climbed up her back, over the skin on her back, and over the tips of the ridges at the back of her head, sending jolts of pleasure through her. Athena felt herself become damp between her legs and shuddered.

"Ohh," she moaned, pulling back, her eyes closed tightly from the powerful sensations.

"Are you okay?" asked Takara, worried that she had hurt her.

"Ohh, yes. The ridges and neck are sensitive areas," she moaned.

"Same for humans," Takara giggled.

"Yes, I know. My mother told me that my father was very sensitive there."

"Your father was human? I didn't think many asari had human fathers," Takara said.

"They don't," Athena blushed, looking away.

"Who was your father?"

"My father was... a soldier. She fought and... died in the war. Sort of," Athena replied hesitantly.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to tell me," Takara smiled as she ran her hand over the top of Athena's head. The blue skin had a scaly appearance, but was silky smooth to the touch. Vertical ridges formed near the top of the head, and grew back into semi-rigid crests in place of hair. It gave the asari face a sleek, innocent appearance

The asari raised her arms, and Takara pulled the shirt up and off. Tossing it aside, Takara let her hands roam over the bare skin of Athena's breasts. They were a bit small, but firm and round, with small, dark purple nipples. Her skin looked almost scaled, with light blue-purple patches separated by tiny darker areas, barely a hair's width. But despite the vaguely scaly appearance, it was perfectly smooth, silky and soft, and warm to the touch.

Takara stood, looking down at Athena, and slowly pulled the rest of her dress off, revealing lightly tanned, brown, smooth skin and well-toned, athletic body. "Wow," muttered Athena unconsciously, bringing a smile to Takara's face.

"Like what you see?" she cooed happily.

"Not all of it," Athena growled when she noticed a red welt on her thighs.

"What?" Takara recoiled in horror. "I told you they... you didn't say anything. It wasn't my fault!" she yelled, backing against the wall and trying to cover herself up.

"No, no, that's not what I meant," Athena explained, standing herself. "I don't like what they did to you," she said quietly, clasping her hands on Takara's upper arms. "I think you are lovely. I don't blame you."

Takara relaxed, closing her eyes "I'm sorry. I just... I don't know, panicked I guess."

"It's okay," Athena smiled, pulling her pants and shoes off and tossing them on the growing pile of clothes. "Now, come here, beautiful." Takara melted into her arms, kissing her blue lips passionately. Athena pushed her tongue into Takara's mouth exploring the new sensations.

Athena felt a hand slide down her stomach between them, moving slowly down to cup her bald pussy. It rubbed slowly, pressing with the palm against her clit as the fingers played with her soft, delicate lips, causing her throw her head back in silent pleasure. Takara lowered her head, nibbling on Athena's neck and shoulder, one hand on the asari's pussy, one wrapped around her hips, pulling her close.

Because it was underground, the room had been spared most of the morning heat, but as the day drew to a close, it was becoming increasingly hot, covering both of their bodies in a thin layer of sweat. In the dim light of a scavenged lamp, the two women's naked bodies glistened, rubbing slowly against each other as their moans and sighs filled the room.

Takara pushed Athena slowly backwards until they collapsed onto the make-shift bed of pillows they had scavenged from a nearby building. Unsure of what would please her lover, Takara did what she would have done with a human. She broke the kiss, replacing her lips with a single finger as she slid her body down Athena's. Staring into those green eyes, Takara gently sucked Athena's small, tender lips into her mouth, savoring the sweet, heavy taste of her arousal.

"Oh, Goddess!" cried Athena loudly, collapsing back onto the pillows. "Oh, that's wonderful!"

Takara wrapped her arms under Athena's hips, pulling the asari towards her as she sucked greedily on her pussy. Lying on her chest between Athena's thighs, Takara settled into a rhythm of sucking, licking, and nibbling, unconsciously bringing her legs up behind her and crossing them at the ankles. Athena watched her legs swing back and forth playfully as Takara pleasured her, letting the sensations wash over her body.

Takara released Athena lips, only to lock her mouth around the small blue clit, lashing at it with her tongue, pausing occasionally to rub with her hands while she took long, slow licks of Athena's pussy. Takara felt the body underneath her start to rock back and forth as Athena's muscles tightened. She quickened her pace, trying to quickly push Athena over the edge.

When she finally succeeded, Athena clenched her eyes shut as her body shook, waves of heat flowing over her. She arched her back, but Takara held her hips firmly, never breaking contact with her clit. Takara watched as the blue skin began to glow ever so faintly. The light was a bluish purple, pulsing in waves from her center outward. Each new wave brought a jolt pleasure to Takara's body unlike any she had felt before.

As Athena's orgasms subsided Takara crawled up her body, coming to a rest next to her on the pillows. Throwing an arm across Athena, Takara kissed her softly, first on the neck, moving up until she reached blue lips. Athena's lids opened, revealing solid black eyes. Takara gasped in surprise as Athena blinked, her eyes returning to their normal emerald green.

"Are you up for more?" Takara asked. She wasn't sure how much stamina asari had, and suddenly realized that she may have worn Athena out.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" Athena asked in surprise.

"Humans can't do this forever. Especially men," laughed Takara. "I was afraid you might be done for the night."

"Are we?"

"Oh, no," Takara smiled, pushing her thigh between Athena's legs. She pressed her body forward, rubbing her thigh against Athena's mound, and her own groin against the blue flesh of Athena's stomach. Pleasant sensation flooded Athena's mind, different from those she experienced before, but equally as powerful.

"Takara," she whispered. Takara looked down, a blissful expression on her face.

"Hmm?"

"Kiss me," she begged.

"Of course," Takara smiled before lightly pressing her lips against Athena's. Takara felt a jolt as their lips met. A very literal jolt. "Oh, god, what was that?" she asked, breathing heavily. Athena raised her head, kissing Takara's ear before speaking.

"Our nervous systems are synchronizing," she whispered, almost too quiet to hear. Nonetheless, the words echoed through Takara's mind, like she had said them herself. "Look." Takara pulled back and looked into Athena's eyes. They were jet black again. "This is how we reproduce. Don't panic, I not going to become pregnant, but I could, if I wanted to, and if you surrendered your mind to me."

"Why do I feel like this?"

"When our nervous system's link, signals will cross back and forth." Athena shuddered as Takara's hand squeezed her breast. "I did not expect it to be so intense, though."

"It's incredible," Takara smiled, pressing her hips into Athena's. She could feel the pressure in her stomach building, her body starting to twitch.

"You're close," Athena whispered, grasping Takara's ass and pulling. "I can feel it."

"So are you," Takara replied in a shaky voice, her pace quickening. She ground hard into Athena, driving herself higher, desperate for release. The asari lifted her head, planting soft kisses on her neck. Takara's face contorted in silent ecstasy, and she peaked. "Oh, god, yes, I'm coming!" she screamed, hands clenching and releasing of their own accord. She cried out franticly as waves of energy returned, flowing over Athena.

At first, the ripples caused sensation only on her skin, but gradually, the penetrated deeper and deeper into Takara's body, consuming her entirely. Athena reached up and cupped her face in both hands, crushing their lips together. When they made contact, Takara reached a new level of pleasure. Her whole body tingled and shook, powerful waves of intense pleasure rolling over her.