Mattei - A Nation's Father Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Refocusing, she reached into her left pocket and pulled out her penlight. Reaching over and opening his eyelids slightly, she checked his pupil response. There was another groan, and as she went to check the other eye, his hand came up and grabbed her wrist. "Don't shine that bloody thing in my eyes."

She immediately let out a cry of relief and then started peppering his face with kisses. He was awake. Finally! But instead of reciprocating, he pushed her away and avoided looking at her. "Where am I?" he asked quietly.

"You're in the hospital at the palace," she said. "You collapsed in the forest."

"Oh. Right. Guess that explains why I don't recall anything after ... well, nevermind."

"After what?" she asked quietly.

"Doesn't matter. Can I get some food? I'm starving."

"We'll get that for you," his doctor said, walking in. "Dr. Izaki, will you give us some space to look him over?"

She felt dismissed by both Mattei and his doctor but decided it was best not to argue. Nothing good could come of her refusing to leave. "Um, of course. I'll, well, I'll be in my office if you need anything."

The older woman gave her a curt nod and then shut the door behind Lura after she left the room. Lura found Isilde waiting outside the room and shook her head.

"Well?" Isilde asked. "How is he?"

"He's awake, but he won't talk to me. I think I've ruined everything."

"Oh, honey," her friend replied. "Do you want to talk about this? I'm sure it's not that bad. He may still be upset, but..."

Lura didn't finish, shaking her head. "I don't want to talk about this anymore. Thanks for coming, but I think I just want to be alone now." She gave Isilde a quick hug and then turned her back and walked away, her shoulders feeling heavier than they had in a very long time.