Matters of the Heart

Story Info
Both running from something can they find love in each other.
5.1k words
4.12
12.9k
15
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Garoozis
Garoozis
11 Followers

Kaitlyn huffed a sigh as she sat at the bar of an airport lounge bar drinking a brandy as her green eyes watch the news. Her two-tone color hair was pull back into a sporty ponytail (Top tone is blonde and bottom tone is dark brown.) She notice out of the corner of her eye that there was a guy eyeing her up and down. 'Oh great here comes another guy trying to hit on me,' she thought to herself taking another slip.

Finally when the guy gets up the courage to go over. "Hi I couldn't help but notice you look a lot like my next girlfriend."

'Wow that was awful' Kaitlyn thought to herself then said, "Listen, I understand the courage it takes to walk across a room and try to generate a relationship out of thin air. So don't take this personally-"

"-You have fantastic eyes."

"Thanks try to listen. This is no reflection on you. I'm just not interested. But thank you for the compliment of coming over."

"You welcome. So do you like Cuban food?"

"Really, that was not code for, 'please try harder.'"

"Are you always so shut-down and afraid that the right man might make you--"

"Feel like a natural woman?" a second male voice said as a hand fell on the guy's shoulder. They both turn to see a well muscle built guy standing at near six foot tall , wearing a Navy camo uniform and a green duffle bag in his other hand, He walk over next to Kaitlyn and tapped a SOS in Morse code on her shoulder, "Sorry I'm late, honey, traffic was terrible. Who's your friend?"

"I don't know he hasn't said his name yet." She said not missing beat.

"I have to go," he said then walk off.

"Thanks for that," she said with a smile after the guy had left.

"You're welcome," he smiled back, he had blue-violet color eyes that were full of life and his dirty blonde hair was cut short "I could tell that you just wanted to be alone. So see you lat--"

"Wait," She grab his arm, "since you're already here, would you mind keeping me company for a while." 'What am I saying, I mean I don't even know this guy' she thinks to herself.

"Okay sure," he says as he drop his duffle bag down by the bar stool "The name's Thorson by the way Nick Thorson." he extended his hand to her which she shook.

"Hi Nick, nice to meet you, I'm Kaitlyn. So you are in the Navy?"

"No, I just brought this off ebay for 13 bucks," he pauses to take slip of his drink. "Just kidding, yep I'm a Navy Medical Officer."

She laugh, "Good one, so does that mean you a doctor or something."

"Yeah," He says smiles.

They talk about everything and anything. Their hearts start to stir with feelings they have not felt since they kids and still believe in the magic of true love. Then after what seemed like hours, Nick heard his name being call over the PA system. "Well, that's me, so I better get going."

"Wait, isn't this where the guy is suppose to ask the girl for her number?" She asks as she reach into her bag to get a pen.

"Nope."

"What? Why...wait please tell me that you're not gay because that would just ruin this month if you are gay."

"Not to worry I'm not gay. I just saying if we are meant to be together then fate will make it so that we meet again. Our two hearts are not ready yet, you have to come to terms with whatever you're running from, and I have my own things that I have to work out." Nick says as he takes her hand in his and kisses the back of her hand, and then continues, "Until we meet again my lady,"

As he turns to leave she holds on to his hand pull him back to her as she brings her lips to his. She caught him off guard but he soon recovers kissing her back. Soon as their lips touch both began to see fireworks and all the things people say they see when they kiss "the one" for the first time, moving their lips in perfect harmony. Her hands grab holds of the front of his uniform as his right hand place at her waist and his left hand caresses her neck and cheek. They finally broke the kiss when the need for air became too great. They both panted as they stood there looking into each others eyes, "Wow," They said together.

Kaitlyn was the first to recover, "I sure hope you are right about this fate thing."

"Yeah I hope so too. Since we both like each other a lot, how about this idea. We meet back there in two years, and if neither of us are with anyone then we will pursue this further."

"So you gonna stick to this fate business huh?"

"Yeah I guess."

"Okay then, make it one year."

"Okay one year."

She leans in and whisper into his ear, "But know this, the next I see you, I will jump your bones," her lust hanging on each word and so was Nick.

'Oh dear gods, I'm totally falling for this girl' he thinks to himself as he says his goodbyes by he kissing her again. It was hard for him to break this kiss.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Two months later in Kaitlyn's hometown of Valleymount, which is an upper class community. Kaitlyn was sitting in her new studio loft apartment, wearing her pajamas, flipping through the tv channels. Her cellphone starts to ring, she see it her friend Trish from school. "Hey Trish."

"What is this I hear about you being in town for weeks and why haven't you came by to see me?"

"Sorry I've been getting settled into my new apartment."

"Well, you can make it up to me. Nat is in town and her, Barbie, and I are about to go to brunch. You are coming too."

"Okay see ya in a few," she hung up and went to her closet find something to wear. She picks a gray t-shirt, and denim jacket. A pair of dark-wash blue jeans and white tennis shoes.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Nick walks out of the Valleymount bus station, in his navy camo uniform, and looking for his old friend John Centos who was waiting by his car, a blue 2012 Camaro ZL 1 with sliver racing stripes. John and Nick had grown up and attended school together until John's family moved to Valleymount just before the start of their Seventh grade year. John soon shrugged off his smart kid appearance and took on the mantle of the Jock. John yell out Nick's name and waved.

Nick smile as he walked over to John and embrace him in a hug. "What's up buddy? You no longer look the little nerd I met in kindergarden." Nick says as he pulls away.

"Easy with that info, I everyone in this town knows me as the muscle head jock, it would below their minds if they found that I'm smart too" John says in a joking manner.

"So what is this I hear about you getting married?" Nick said as he got into the car after putting his things into the back seat.

"Wait how did you know about that, I never put that any of my letters."

"Oh you know, your mom told my mom, my mom told me. Man what's wrong with you, not sending me an invite." Nick teased, "So where are we going."

"Brunch with some friends of mine from high school."

"Brunch? Really, are we british or something."

"No, a friend of mine is back in town after going through a bit of rough time. So some of my friends are all getting together in an attempt to make her feel better."

"So you are pimping me out, because I don't roll like that man,"

"Whatever man, just be nice to her"

"Okay I'll be on my best behavior. That reminds me I met the most amazing girl the other day."

"Really? Why is this the first time I am hearing about this?"

"Well, I guess we're even now." Nick smirks

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Kaitlyn walk into the restaurant quickly finds her friends sitting at a round table on the patio. Trish Strides, the hazel-eyed brunette former prom-queen, wore a green tank-top and a denim skirt, and a pair of brown ankle boots with 3 inch heels. On Trish's right sat Barbie Banks, the blue-eyed blonde is now a brunette magazine model, was wearing a plink halter dress that went to her mid thigh and matching sandal heels. Next her was Natalya Neidhert in her light gray skirt suit, the responsible one of their little group. The green-eyed businesswoman had her blonde hair up in a neat bun. They squeal with joy when they saw Kaitlyn walking over to them, all stood up and gave her hugs. They quietly went to girl talk mode as Kaitlyn sat down in the empty seat on Trish's left. "Kaitlyn how are you doing?" Trish first to ask as Barbie and Nat watch on.

"I'm good really. I met a guy recently."

"What! So that's the cause of this glow you got going on. Who is he?"

"His name is Nick Thorson. And..." She notices two more empty chairs. "Is any one else coming?" Kaitlyn ask.

"Yeah John and a friend of his that just got into town are coming." Trish looks over the door and sees John and a guy in a navy camo uniform, "And there they are now."

Kaitlyn turns to the guys but when she locks eyes with the friend, her breath catches. "Oh my god, its Nick." Kaitlyn got up and ran to Nick, flying hug tackling him, being caught off guard he fell back to the floor with her landing top of him, her giggling all the way down and saying, 'it's you' repeatedly. The two lovers were lost in their own little world that they had fallen into, they did not notice that their friends had gathered off to the side. "Nick what are you doing here?"

"What do you mean? Didn't I say fate will see us together again?" He says as he brushes a strand of her hair behind her ear. Kaitlyn smiling the biggest smile her friends had seen on her face.

They hear John clear his throat, they look up to see everyone looking at them "uhmm how do you two know each other?"

"We'd also like to know the same thing." Barbie asks as Nick and Kaitlyn got to their feet.

"Let's go sit down and we'll explain." Nick says as he intertwine his fingers with Kaitlyn's. Nick sat down with Kaitlyn on his right and Trish on the left. Barbie sat on the other side of Trish, and Natalya on the other side of Kaitlyn. John sat between Natalya and Barbie and across the table from Nick.

"Okay what just happen back there Kaitlyn." Natalya asks.

"First I think should intro myself, I'm Nick Thorson. I was Medical Officer in the Navy. I was discharged last week, which is why I'm in Valleymount. There this open position at the St. Morrison Medical Center. I have an interview tomorrow. I have known John since the first day of kindergarden. How Kaitlyn and I know each other is..." Nick look to Kaitlyn, "Do you want to tell them or should I?"

Kaitlyn smiles, "No I wanna tell them. Well, I was at the airport waiting for my flight in a lounge bar. When this guy come up to me and starts hitting on me. I try to tell him I was not interested but he was not hearing it. So then out of nowhere Nick here comes finishes one of the guy's lines and pretends to be my boyfriend, scarring the guy away. He tells me that he could tell that I just wanted to be left alone. Then I tell him since he was already there I then asks him if he would mind keeping me company. So we sat there just talking for like fours hours. Then he had to go, he does that kissing the hand thing, I was so turned on, that I pulled him back to me gave him a big kiss on the lips." Wolf whistles come over the group as Nick tries to hide his blush, from Kaitlyn's open telling, with his hand.

''Still the gentleman as ever huh Nick?" John laughs remember many stories their childhood.

"Why mess with something that works, It lead me to the goddess next to me here, did it not."

Kaitlyn smile brightly at the compliment and kisses him on the cheek. The group soon lapse into conversations about their daily lives. After an hour, everyone had finish eating. Nick checks his watch, "Well I have to be off, I a lot of things to do. I have to go get my ride and find a place to live." He says as he puts down his part of the bill and kisses Kaitlyn on the cheek.

Nick stood from the table and walk out of the restaurant, when John says, "I don't know where he's going, he came here with me." Kaitlyn thought for a moment then follow suit and ran after Nick. She caught up with him outside leaning against a lamp post.

"I was wondering if you caught my signal" Nick says smirking.

"So where are we going?"

"First to this storage garage that has all of my stuff and my ride."

Kaitlyn drove across town to an old car garage with an apartment on the second story. Nick found the hidden key and open the door. Kaitlyn came in behind Nick as he looked for the light switch. When the lights came on, the first thing Kaitlyn notices is a car with a car cover. "What's under the cover?"

"I see you have notice HER, I found her overseas almost dead, abandon on the side of a street, so track down her owner, and gave him an offer that he could not refuse. I found company to ship her state-side. John found a place to keep her 'til I got reassigned back state-side. I then spent the next two years rebuilding her, breathing life back into her. None of her parts are stock, most are handmade recreations, but all are just right for me."

"Does SHE have a name?"

"Jessica after my mom who, before you ask, she died when I was six."

"Oh I so sorry, What happen?...wait don't answer that, I shouldn't have asked."

"No, this okay," Nick held her hands in his after taking a breath, "she were killed by a drunk-driver driving home from a friend's party one night. The guy was three times over the legal limit."

Kaitlyn pull him into a sweet tender hug and whispers into his ear, "I would have loved to have met her. I'm sure she would have been proud of the man you have become."

"Yeah she would have loved to you too. So you want to see her?" Nick lightening the mood. He pulled the cover off the reveal a navy blue 67 Shelby GT500 with a yellow cartoon lightning bolt in front of the rear wheel well. The interior was a creamy white leather. "She drew those little lightning bolts on everything as our little inside joke. Kinda her way of saying 'I love you' without embarrassing me"

"She is a beautiful car" Kaitlyn commented as she ran her hand along the cool surface.

"Thanks, it took me six months to get her running with a new custom engine I build myself. Another year and a half to get her to how she looks now."

Nick found the key and got into the drivers seat turn the ignition and the monster motor roared to life. Nick sat back as the motor became to purr. He motioned Kaitlyn to sit the passenger seat. Nick check the gauges and pop the hood. With engine still running Nick lifts the hood and checks everything. After everything checks out, Nick slams the hood shut. "There is this nice studio apartment that's on the market that I want to go see, do you want to come with me?"

"Yeah sure I mean I have nothing else to do today."

"Great, we'll take my car." He opens the garage door and drives out onto the street.

After driving a couple miles Kaitlyn finally worked up the courage to ask, "Nick there is something I want to ask you."

"Cool what do you want to ask me."

"Uhmm You know Christmas is coming up. I was wondering what were you planning on doing for Christmas Dinner?"

"I don't have anything. My family has not done a traditional Christmas since before my mother died. My sisters and I do send each other gifts, but that's all."

"Well, my family is having this big Christmas dinner party. And I was hoping if you would be my date."

"Wait your family has a dinner party for Christmas?"

"Yeah they have a dinner party for every major holiday Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Easter, 4th of July, and Halloween."

"What happen to the traditional Christmas dinner?"

Kaitlyn just shrug "So will you be my date?"

"I would love to be your date."

Nick pulls up to a newly build condominium. "I thought you said we were going to see a studio apartment, this is the new luxury condos they build two months ago."

"Yeah I know. See the top floor on that one," Nick pointed to the top of one of the buildings. "The whole top floor is one unit, that is the unit we're here to check out." After the showing, Nick decided to get the condo. Nick and Kaitlyn went to a local food joint, and got lunch, then decided to go for a walk. They walked quietly until Nick asks, "So are you ready to tell me what were running from back in New York?"

"Uhmm well you know I am or was a lawyer for this big firm back there." Nick nodded, "Well one day I get this bouquet of roses from a secret admirer. Few days later get a txt asking if I loved the roses. During the next month and a half, I slowly fell for this secret admirer. They knew a lot about me like my favorite tv shows because they seem like the same as me. Then one day our messages became public. I was so embarrass, I stopped going in to work. It got to the point they said either I came in and did my job or I was fired. So I quit and move back home."

"Oh man that just sucks, did you ever learn who was your secret admirer."

"No, but I think it was my former best friend, and I don't have any proof saying that she did it."

"What makes you think it was your best friend?"

"We both were up for this partner position in the firm but I got it and she stopped talking to me after that.

"Well there is something good that came that whole mess."

"Oh! And what is that again?"

"Well, think about if you had not gone through all of that, you would not have quit your job, and you would not have been at that airport lounge bar at the same day I was, and we would have not met when we did. So you see sometimes certain bad event sets us on a course that leads us to something better. Now I must track down this secret admirer and thanked him for being such a dick. Because if wasn't for him or whoever they are, I wouldn't have never met the most beautiful girl, the most wonderful love of my life."

Kaitlyn was overcome by a wave joy and excitement as she captured his lips with hers. She brings her hands to his neck pulls him closer as she was trying to pull him into her soul. They broke apart when they heard Nick's cell phone ringing. Nick sighed as he fished it out but froze when he saw the caller id, "That's weird."

"Who is it?" Kaitlyn asks

"It's my dad?"

"Why is that weird, don't you talk to each?"

"No not since I told him that I was join the navy and he cut me off." Nick steps away from Kaitlyn and answers the call, "Hello?...Yeah you heard right...No I don't want to talk about Jamie...Well I don't care what she said...Dad she has already had three chances...I don't care who her family is, and besides I have already found someone better than she'll ever be," Nick held the phone away from his ear as his father went into a screaming rant laughing at his father anger, "Okay dad you have somethings you need to work on, bye," Nick finishes as he ends the call. "So where were we?"

"You were about to drive me back to my car so we can go back to my place." Kaitlyn answered back causing Nick to smile

Nick and Kaitlyn went back to the storage garage where Kaitlyn's car then Nick fallow her back to her place. The two push open the door making out with each other and started removing their clothes. Kaitlyn broke the kiss to pull her shirt over her head, Nick did the same. Kaitlyn ran her hands along Nick's abs and chest. Kaitlyn lead him over to her couch, and she push him down before saddling his lap. With her hands at Nick's jaw line, she brought him back into a kiss, and grinding her pelvis into his. Nick reach around and unhooked her lace bra freeing her breast.

Little did they know, Kaitlyn's mother, Mary, was walking up the stairs to Kaitlyn's unit. Mary opens the door and sees her daughter shirtless and sitting in some guy's lap. "Kaitlyn Celeste Stellar! What is going on, who the hell is this!" she bursted out yelling.

"MOM!" Kaitlyn yelled as search for something to cover herself with quietly finding her shirt, after pulling it back over her head and down the curves of her hourglass figure. She flipped her hair and asks, "Mom, what are you doing here?!"

"Well, I came to check on you, but I guess you are okay. So I'll be going."

Garoozis
Garoozis
11 Followers
12