Mattress Shop

Story Info
Something amiss.
1k words
3.44
5.9k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her head pounded as the tires screeched to a halt. The 10 year old van was dying, but the sound of the struggling engine was muted by the screaming children in the back seat. Putting the car in park, she turned her head around, "Be quiet kids or you will all get a time out," she and her husband said in unison. Their words fell on deaf ears though. She loved all of her children, but they were a handful.

Adam and Elizabeth were the dream couple. They were high school sweethearts. After 6 years of dating, at the age of 22, Alex proposed to her while on a moonlight stroll. They had the typical wedding. She was in a white dress. They honeymooned in Cancun, courtesy of their parents. They were both deeply in love. They were the typical couple. She was a first grade teacher, he was an accountant. On Sundays they would go to the local Catholic Church.

Two years later, she became pregnant with their first child, a girl they had name Mary. They had been overjoyed by the little miracle they had been given. She had decided to take the year off to spend with the baby. The next year they had been blessed Anthony and Mark, the two rambunctious twin boys that looked so much like their father. They were both so happy. Although they were both busy they enjoyed their children, and their lives. . Once a week Elizabeth's mother would come and help them, and would watch them so that they could still have a date night.

The next year, she had Teresa. She had wanted to stop after Teresa, but god had other plans, and she could not use birth control or get her tubes tied because of her faith. Both she and her husband had been very tired, but they tried to make it all work. After Eve came she was tempted to get birth control anyway, but she fought the temptation. Each child was a gift from god.....At least that was what she was taught. Last year she had given birth to Michael and Maria.

After 10 years of marriage they were both at a loss. They both still loved each other, but they had reached their limit. Adam had started to spend more and more time at the office, or that is what he said, which was sometimes true. She had seen the lipstick on her husband's collar when she did the laundry. Apparently her name was Katie, the new receptionist at his office. She couldn't blame him, wanting to escape the chaos at home. She wanted to too, but she couldn't do it as easily.

She sighed as she got out and readied herself for the outflow of kids to come out when she slid open the door. One two three four five kids, all piled out of the car at once. "Mark, Teresa, Anthony, stay by me," she snapped as they tried to run off, grabbing the two baby seats and setting them in the stroller, while her husband rounded up all the kids. Michael and Maria felt the movement and started to cry, making her head hurt more.

The door glided open, the soft sound of the mattress store's music drifted out. They had to come to get a new bed. The children all decided to jump on the bed together, and that caused it to break, not able to be repaired. She relaxed for a moment, enjoying the music, before the screaming of her unruly children brought her back to reality. Apparently Anthony had hit Mary, but their father had quieted them down, and apologized to the store for the ruckus. She felt embarrassed because they entire store was staring at her and her children.

A young woman started towards them. The women couldn't be more than 20 years old. Her eyes were still bright with ambition, hope, and youth; and her clothes and hair were all in style. She stopped in front of them and smiled, "Hi my name is Angela, Welcome to Bobs Beds. We have a small play area for children over here so that way you can shop in peace," she pointed out.

Elizabeth smiled in relief towards the woman, her savior.

Angela bent down to get at the children's level, "Okay who wants to go play over here?" All the children yelled "ME ME ME ME ME." She smiled and led all the children away.

Adam and Elizabeth looked at each other, and sighed in relief as they began shopping. However, Elizabeth couldn't fully relax. She had a secret. A secret that she would have to tell Adam very soon. She noticed a couple days ago that her period was late. Sure enough, one pregnancy test and doctor visit later, she had found out she was pregnant again. How could she tell him? Their life was already hard enough with the seven they had.

Oh well I will have to tell him sometime. I will tell him tomorrow night at our dinner date. He won't be happy, but he would find out soon enough anyway. I am already 15 weeks along. She thought.

After testing several beds, Adam excused himself to the bathroom. Elizabeth just lay on that bed, completely exhausted. The bed was very comfortable, and it fit to her ever curve. She could not remember the last time she had a quiet moment like this, even though it was on a bed in the middle of the mattress store.

20 minutes later, Adam came back from the bathroom. "Sorry Hun, I guess lunch didn't agree wi....," he stopped and smirked. His wife had fallen asleep on the bed he left her at 20 minutes ago. He sat down next her on the bed, and shook her, "Hun wake up."

She didn't respond.

He tried shaking her harder, and spoke a little louder and a little more firmly.

"Hun, Wake Up, we need to try other beds."

She still didn't respond.

He looked down at his wife, and finally saw the blood

"SOMEONE, CALL 911."