Maud Comes for Valentine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
NaokoSmith
NaokoSmith
150 Followers

"I would be so delighted," I heard Valentine say with such enthusiasm that I really believed him. "I wonder too ... if I might presume? Might I request a private audience with Miss Maud ... Miss Jermyn?"

"By all means," I was even more astonished to hear Mama cordially agree to this proposal, than when she told the story about it being her health which had led to our visit to Dr. Jones. "If you are walking to the park just now, you might take her for a short constitutional. It was overly warm in the doctor's waiting rooms and Maud would benefit from the fresh air. I will drive round in the carriage and pick her up on the other side of the park."

Confused and flustered, rosily blushing, conscious of my dishevelled hair under my bonnet, I accepted Valentine's hand to help me step out of the carriage. He handed Mama up into it most courteously before turning to offer me his arm. My legs were still a-tremble and vestiges of darting feelings shooting in my body from Dr. Jones's treatment. I could not help giving Valentine a shy smile as we set off along the busy pavement, my gloved hand resting in his strong arm.

A sweet disorder in the dress
Kindles in clothes a wantonness:—
A lawn about the shoulders thrown
Into a fine distractión,—
An erring lace, which here and there
Enthrals the crimson stomacher,—
A cuff neglectful, and thereby
Ribbands to flow confusedly,—
A winning wave, deserving note,
In the tempestuous petticoat,—
A careless shoe-string, in whose tie
I see a wild civility,—
Do more bewitch me, than when art
Is too precise in every part.

Picture of Valentines card.

NaokoSmith
NaokoSmith
150 Followers