Maurice Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

******

"Reggie!" someone called, "somebody sent you flowers!"

Who would......? Delgado, it had to be him. I went to the front to see everyone looking at the flowers and someone was even reading the card.

"Oohhhh Delgado, I wonder who that is."

"None of your damned business!" I said and snatched the card out of the busybody's hand. He couldn't have sent a small bouquet; oh no it had to be the largest one in the shop.

"So who's this Delgado?" someone asked. I didn't reply as I took the bouquet into my office and closed the door. I read the note and laid it on my desk, what I was going to do about him I didn't know but I would be less than honest if I said that Annie hadn't planted a few seeds that were taking root.

I kept my door closed for the rest of the afternoon; I wasn't in the mood for all of the questions about the flowers and Delgado. My last appointment was at three and I left soon after they did, the flowers I left on my desk because one, I didn't want to be slowed down by carrying them out and two..... They made my office look more cheerful, even my last client commented on it.

It was almost four when I got home; time enough for a nap before I had to get ready for dinner with Delgado. As I stripped and lay down for my nap I decided to tell Delgado that we could be friends and that was all, I had no desire to be with him on any other basis.

The funny thing was, when I said that I felt...... I don't know what I felt but anyway, I closed my eyes and went to sleep waking up in time to get ready.

*******

I locked the ring away and got ready for dinner, I chose to wear a nice suit complete with tie and everything that went with it, I left the hotel at five-thirty stopping along the way for more flowers, it was six by the time I pulled up in front of Regina's house.

*****

I heard the tap on the door and quickly put on my shoes; he knocked again and was ready to knock again when I opened the door.

"Give a girl a minute!" I snapped.

"My apologies, I wasn't sure if you heard me." he said as he handed me a bouquet of roses, "You look lovely."

He cleaned up pretty good himself and I told him so.

"Thank you Regina, shall we go?"

By the time we got to his car everyone was out on their porches watching. I wanted to tell them to go mind their own damned business but to be fair it wasn't too often that an expensive car like a Lamborghini graced our neighborhood. We were a middle class neighborhood but no one owned anything close to Delgado's car, most of the cars were nice practical family vehicles.

We didn't talk on the way to the restaurant which was fine by me; it gave me more time to come up with a nice way of telling Delgado that he needed to find himself another woman.

******

She was absolutely beautiful in the peach knee length dress that she chose to wear and I could tell that she was pleased with my appearance as well. I handed the flowers to her and waited while she put them in water before holding my hand out to her. She looked at it briefly before taking it, Oh yes, this woman was mine and I could hardly wait to be touching more than her hand.

The drive to the restaurant was quiet with the exception of the music playing on the radio, whatever the song was she liked it; I could hear her humming softly with the music. I pulled up to the front of the restaurant for valet parking and quickly got out, I wanted no one else touching her.

The valet on the passenger side actually reached the door before I did but I waved him away and tipped him even though I didn't need to. Once again I offered my hand but this time she took it with less hesitation. I didn't release her hand as we walked into the restaurant, if she minded she gave no indication of it.

We were lead to a table that was semi private and as I had requested we had our own server who greeted us as soon as we were seated. She took out orders and left us alone to begin our evening.

"Annie looks radiant." I said wanting to start the evening off with something of mutual interest, "and Gremlin, I've never seen one like him so animated."

"I bet, he is rather stoic isn't he?" she replied, "Annie asked me to be guardian of the baby."

That meant that she would have to go back to New Orleans for the birth.

"Are you going to accept?" I asked.

"Yes, I can't say no to that now can I?" she replied.

The server came back to the table with our drinks and quietly left. She had been given strict instructions for the evening and she wouldn't be back to ask about appetizers for another fifteen minutes.

"How do you feel about coming back to New Orleans?" I asked.

She hesitated before answering, "I don't want to go but I will because if it were me Annie would do it no matter how she felt about it."

*******

I know what he's doing by talking about Annie and I appreciated it. I was glad that he gave us time to get comfortable instead of coming out with guns blazing but I knew that the conversation would eventually turn to us; it was a matter of who brought it up first. The next topic was about Danny and Eddie finding their mates.

"I believe that they are mated but want a human wedding."

"As in a church wedding?" I asked surprised.

"You seem surprised but yes." He replied, "We do believe in god and many of us still attend church and pray. As a matter of fact some of us are priests and things like that."

I was surprised, you would have thought that given that part of my family was now vampire that I would have researched the subject but I had no real interest in knowing any of the particulars.

"When's the wedding?" I asked.

"I think that they're planning it for around the time the child is born- they want you there and are waiting to hear when and if you are coming for the child's birth."

"I'll call them tonight." I said just as our server returned with our drinks and asked about appetizers.

Delgado ordered two different types of appetizers and then waited for the server to leave.

"I have found my mate as well." he said as he put several mushrooms stuffed with crab meat on his plate.

My heart stopped.

"You what?"

"I have found my mate and I plan to marry her. As a matter of fact I purchased the engagement ring today."

********

Cruel? I didn't think so. Manipulative? Maybe but I had come to the conclusion that a sure way to get her to run was to make the same mistake Micah did and that was simply telling her what she was going to do. Now, as far as telling her that I found my mate goes I didn't lie, I just didn't tell her that it was her and I didn't do anything that women haven't done for centuries.

After I told her that I let the subject drop for the time being, it was time for her to do some thinking.

******

Mate? What the fuck? Annie said that he was in love with me and if he loved me who was this other person? I didn't ask because it would come off like I was being jealous.

"Really?" I said, "congratulations! Are you planning a wedding as well?"

********

Got her! She's jealous even if she won't admit it. I felt a tingle in my groin, a sign that she was soon going to be in my bed whether she realized it or not.

The rest of the meal passed pleasantly enough with her asking me albeit reluctantly how much longer I was going to be in town.

"Another week or so, perhaps we could go to dinner again."

"I don't think so." she replied, "I don't think that your mate would appreciate it."

I realized then that I had just royally fucked up; I had no choice but to come clean.

"My mate is here."

Regina looked around and then turned back to me.

"Where is she?"

"Regina, it's you." I said softly.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers