Maurice Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

She was sitting exactly where I left her with a slightly apprehensive look on her face. I sat on the bed next to her, put the jewelry box on the bed and took her hands in mine. I told her once again that I loved her, that I always would and that she would always be safe.

I released a hand, picked up the ring box and opened it.

"Regina, will marry me in a human ceremony?"

*******

Married? Me? And with the possibility of having children? What was I thinking? If what he said was true we were already or would be married, this was for me if I wanted it. Did I want it? I did but not a wedding like my brothers were having and that's what I told Maurice.

"We can do whatever you want." he replied, "We could go to Vegas or Hawaii ...."

"Why don't we get through Danny and Eddie's wedding and the birth of baby Gremlin before we start planning what we're going to do?" I said. It wasn't that I was putting him off, I wasn't but I didn't want to do anything that would take away from my brothers and Annie's time.

******

I understood and saw her point so I didn't press but I did want her to wear the ring and asked if she would. I thought that she was going to say no and I think she was thinking about it and then changed her mind. I took the ring out of the box and slid it onto her ring finger left hand. It was a perfect fit and it looked beautiful on her, it looked as if it was made just for her.

Now that she had accepted me as her mate, I wanted to get it done. In seconds I had the both if us naked and her lying on her back. I took a moment to look at her, by morning she would be as she was but different, by morning she would be completely and irrevocably mine.

"Thank you for accepting me." I said as I knelt between her spread thighs. In all of the times that we made love, I've never tasted her, don't ask me why because I don't know and it really doesn't matter but that was about to change. I could smell her arousal which only served to increase my own. I prepared to give my mate the first orgasm of our mated lives. I knew where all of her sensitive spots were, I had touched most of them with my hands and lips except for this one place.

"Are you ready for me?" I asked.

She nodded her head yes but that isn't what I wanted and needed, I wanted and needed for her to say it.

"No love, I want and need to hear you say it, that way there's no misunderstandings later." I told her.

"I'm ready to be with you in every way that it entails." she said covering all of the bases.

The moment that I had been waiting for was finally here, it was a long time in coming but it was well worth the wait. Instead of just diving in, I didn't move for several minutes just looking at her and taking in her scent. I was also trying to decide from where I would take from her. I know that you're thinking the neck and that is an option to be sure but I think...... I think I'll take from her femoral artery and I'll let her decide where she wants to take from me.

*******

I know you're all thinking that it's about damned time that I finally accepted Maurice and the fact that he loved me and then I'm sure of those who are thinking that the turnaround was too fast. Well, to both things I say this; I have never made any secret of the fact that I do things on my own time. I had to go through the agonizing and all of the shit that went with it before I decided enough was enough. To those of you who think that I finally decided when I saw how much money he had, I say to you that his money had nothing to do with it.

So here we are Maurice and I about to be married and this would be enough. I didn't want or need a fancy wedding; I didn't want the crowds or even to plan it. I was sure that Annie was going to object but this was how I wanted it. Maurice and I would go to the wedding as mates but we wouldn't say anything until after the two couples came back from their honeymoons.

I jumped when I felt a kiss on the inside of my left and then the right one. My nipples hardened when I realized what he was planning to do. I closed my eyes in anticipation and when I felt his tongue flick across my clit I shuddered. It had been a very long time since I had been pleasured in this way and I hoped that he wasn't going to tease me and to his credit, he didn't...much.

*******

That first taste of her was exquisite; I made myself stop so that I could savor the taste. I knew that she thought that I was teasing her but I really wasn't, I was as anxious to mate as she was. After I kissed the inside of each thigh again, it took her glistening jewel into my mouth and I sucked on it so lightly that she cried out in frustration.

"Damn you Delgado!"

That folks was my cue to get on with it. I licked and sucked at her until she came with my name on her lips. I stayed where I was for several minutes before starting again, this time I would drink from her. When she was close to orgasm again, I replaced my tongue with a finger, kissed the area over her femoral artery and bit.

If I thought that the first taste of her was heaven, this was beyond that! She had a sweet coppery but slightly salty taste that was so...... I can't even come up with a word good enough to describe how wonderful she tasted but all too soon I had to stop. Once she took from me I would be able to take from her with no ill effects to her and her from me if she wishes.

I licked the wound closed and stretched out on top of her , slid in and began to pump slowly in and out . Regina had both of her arms around me holding me as close to her as she could.

It was time.

"Where do you wish to drink from?" I whispered in her ear.

"You choose." she whispered back.

Thinking about our current position, I chose the left side of my neck. With her watching me with widened eyes, I made a cut on my neck and offered myself to her. My goal was to hold off on coming until she was finished; it was a goal that I didn't meet. When I felt the first drawing of my blood into her mouth, I came. Both my blood and seed poured into her at the same time heightening my pleasure.

It was done; Regina Hawkins was now Regina Delgado for all of time.

*******

I had to wonder if making love would always be like this or if after a century or two we would become polite strangers who were going to spend the rest of time together. The thought was gone when I felt him sucking on me; it wasn't going to be long before I came. When I did I saw stars and still he didn't stop until he had bitten me and took my blood. Did it hurt? Surprisingly no. I felt a slight pinch and then I felt the blood leaving my body and going into his mouth.

What did surprise me was that it didn't last long; at least it didn't seem to. Then it was my turn. I had no idea of what to expect and hadn't thought to ask. When he asked me from where I wanted to drink, I had him choose, I didn't know if asking to drink from his neck was stereotypical or not. As it turned out it wasn't.

I watched fascinated as he made a cut into his neck and then offered it to me. I took a tentative swipe with my tongue fully expecting his blood to taste gross but it really wasn't. It tasted almost like human blood but had more of a tangy taste. While it didn't taste bad I don't think that I'll be adding blood to my menu unless I had to.

"It's done." Maurice whispered in my ear after a few minutes.

*******

We spent the rest of the night and the following morning in bed making love and talking. New Orleans came up again only because we were leaving in a day or so. I wanted to reassure her that she was totally safe; I had even alerted my security people that we were coming although I really didn't need them. This was for her comfort and peace of mind.

When we finally got out of bed, had something to eat and got showered and dressed it was late afternoon. If you will recall I made a promise to Regina's neighbor Dean that I would take him out in the Lamborghini. As you know, I am a man of my word and I was going to keep that promise. Regina was going to go with me and stay at her house while Dean and I took our scheduled joyride. She wanted to make sure that she had taken everything that she wanted from the house and to make some phone calls to set up automatic withdrawals for the utility companies. When Dean and I returned from our drive, she and I were going back to the same place that we went for dinner and dancing a few weeks before.

Walter was again very helpful in setting up the evening for us. Our server for the evening was named Caleb and he was every bit as good as David had been. It amazed me that it was only three weeks ago we had been here as a couple getting to know each other but now we were back as mates. It turned out that we really had started something with the personal waiter thing for which Walter thanked us several times over.

We spent most of the evening there having dinner and then dancing before going home to get ready for our first trip as a mated couple. As far as I know Regina hadn't told Annie yet which surprised me but maybe she wanted to do it in person. As it turns out, I was right.

"I want to give her the chance to say I told you so to my face." Regina replied when I asked her about it.

We headed to bed after a quick shower, the plan was to rest since we were getting up early, let's just say that it didn't happen.

We were at the airport bright and early. We sped through security and were on the jet in no time. It was then that I realized that Regina hated flying. She did it because it was the most expedient way to get places. I wish that I known that, we could have driven but I will remember the next time.

********

Do you know the feeling you get when you finally understand what you wanted and needed in order to be happy? That's how I felt. I finally understood that we-meaning Delgado and me were supposed to be, Annie and Gremlin were supposed to be and as much as I am sorry that my brothers were turned into vampires, even that was supposed to be. The death of my parents didn't need to happen; it wasn't their fault that I bugged the boys until they switched rooms with me. Out of everything that happened, that is one thing that I will never accept as something that needed to happen.

So here we are on a plane and headed toward New Orleans. I wondered if I would feel the panic that I felt the last time. In a few short hours I would find out.

*******

New Orleans

I held Regina's hand when the pilot announced that we would be landing in thirty minutes. I sensed her nervousness but very little fear. I wondered at what point of her last flight here the fear set in and decided to ask.

"Not until we landed." she replied.

I kept an eye on her as the wheel's of the plane touched the runway and taxied to the gate.

"Regina, are you alright?" I asked.

She looked a little pale and her hand that was previously warm was now ice cold.

"Sweetheart?"

She swallowed hard and then nodded her head yes.

********

I hate this place! Even though I know that there's nothing here that can hurt me, it's the memories of everything that happened here. I sort of panicked for about ten minutes before deciding that I needed to get my act together. We were going to be here for at least a month..... I had already arranged for a leave of absence so I could be away from work for that long.

I kept reminding myself of the good things that were going to happen here, the baby and the weddings. Maybe they would counteract the horrible things that happened here. And then as usual, I told myself to get a grip and move on, I squared my shoulders, took a deep breath and told Maurice that I was ready.

Everyone with the exception of Annie and Gremlin met us at the airport and that was because Annie would have been too uncomfortable. When I got off of the plane, I stopped and looked around almost surprised that I didn't feel the sense of danger or fear that I had the last time I had been here, all I felt was an intense dislike.

"I'm alright." I said to Maurice squeezing his hand and I really was alright. Would I want to live here? Not on your life. Would I live here? Only if I had to.

*********

She's alright! But she doesn't like it here which is understandable. I watched her straighten her shoulders literally and figuratively as she decided that she wouldn't allow this place to scare her. This is one of the times that I am glad for her stubbornness and that once she makes a decision she acts on it and doesn't second guess herself. Edward and Daniel meeting us also helped to take away some of her nervousness. We greeted Daniel, Olivia and Edward with hugs while Edward's mate a shy pixyish dark haired woman stood back and watched.

"Joanie come meet my sister and my friend Delgado!" he said holding out his hand.

He made the introductions and we headed out to our house where Gremlin and Annie were waiting with supper. We had snacked on the plane and it was time for something more substantial. I was amazed at how much Olivia talked and laughed, she didn't even seem to mind being out of the house; Daniel had been a positive influence on her. As far as Edward's mate goes, I think it was a case of nerves; already she was smiling and talking with more ease. If either brother noticed that Regina and I were acting any different they didn't let on. We had decided not to say anything to anyone but Annie because she would notice and she would announce it.

In no time we were at home. The smell of cooking food hit us as soon as we were in the house. Regina immediately went in search of Annie while I took care of the luggage. I heard a squeal of delight and knew that Regina had just told Annie the news; I could almost hear Annie telling Regina "I told you so!" I carried the luggage to our room and left it by the door. We wouldn't be staying her but for a few nights as we would be going to Gremlin's and Annie's home to wait for the baby to be born. The wedding reception would also be there at Annie's insistence.

The house had an entirely different feel to it now that it was filled with love and laughter, even Gremlin was smiling. The cruel glint that was usually in his eyes was gone but I had no doubt that it was still there but buried. These people, all of them were now my family and it felt damned good.

******

Annie was huge! Prompting the question about the possibility of a multiple birth.

"No there's only one." she told me, "Olivia says that during pregnancy the women are always huge."

I wasn't convinced but I didn't argue with her.

"So how are things with you and Delgado?" she asked, "Have you seen the light?"

I closed my eyes and got ready for the scream that only Annie could do and I answered her.

"Yes I've seen the light as you call it, I....."

She let out a scream that brought Gremlin running.

"Quiet!" I hissed.

"Why? Are you getting married with the others?" She asked.

"Annie?" Gremlin called to her, "is everything alright?"

Annie looked at me for permission to tell, I gave it knowing that she would tell him anyway.

"Delgado and Reggie mated!" she exclaimed her happiness evident in her voice.

Gremlin smiled his approval and you know, he didn't look so scary, as a matter of fact, he was downright handsome.

"Congratulations." he said with a slight bow.

"She doesn't want the others to know." Annie said and then explained the reason.

"I don't think that your brothers would think of your announcing your mating as .... What did you call it? Raining on their parade." Gremlin said, "I happen to know that they were very concerned for you."

"She doesn't want to have a wedding." Annie piped up, "and I think that she should."

I didn't want a wedding and no matter what anyone said, I wasn't having one. We would fill out any legal paperwork and get my last name legally changed and be done with it.

"Annie there isn't going to be a wedding and that's all there is to it." I said in the tone of voice that she knew to be what she called my "give it up." voice.

"I'm just saying...."

Maurice came in and interrupted her.

"We have already decided that there won't be a wedding unless Regina wishes it and for the time being we are both happy with our mating."

In effect he ended the conversation.

******

After dinner we sat around and talked about the baby and the wedding. Eddie was the one to bring up our mating first.

"Delgado, when did you and Regina mate?"

So much for keeping it under wraps. Maurice gave a much abbreviated account of the past month and politely declined the offer for us to join them on their wedding day. Around and around we went until they finally gave up but not before making sure that we understood that we were more than welcome to join them.

Maurice thanked them for the both of us and brought up another topic of discussion, the exchanging of blood between all us. I was the only one that hadn't taken from everyone and hadn't been taken from. I understood why they did it and it made sense so after thinking about it for a few minutes, I agreed.

One by one they came before me and offered me their blood. I didn't need to take much from them and they didn't need much from me. At the end of an hour, we were all bound to each other; we would always be able to find each other no matter where we were. It was both an unsettling and a comforting thought at the same time.

*********

Epilogue

Two weeks later, Annie and Gremlin welcomed ten pound six ounce Shane into the world. Apparently Gremlin's people have no use for middle and last names which is alright I guess. He was a beautiful baby with a head full of dark hair, long eyelashes and dark eyes which I am told could change color at any time. Annie was simply radiant and Gremlin was the perfect picture of the perfect husband and father. For the first time I wondered what kind of mother I would be. I already knew what kind of father Maurice would be, he would be every bit as doting as Gremlin was being to Annie and their baby.

The ceremony to make me the god-mother to Shane took place two days after his birth. It was a simple ceremony with all of us there but instead of Annie and Gremlin holding the baby, Delgado and I did- he was made godfather with Edward and Daniel as surrogates.

An official was there, said a blessing, asked me and Maurice if we agreed to assume care of Shane if anything happened to Annie and Gremlin. We both accepted the responsibility without hesitation; Shane would always be cared for.

The wedding(s) took place two weeks after Shane was born. Daniel and Edward made very handsome grooms and Olivia and Joanie made beautiful brides. Did I wish that I was up there with them? No way! There were too many people watching and I would have fallen on my ass or something and embarrassed myself and the others. The ceremony was as long as a typical human wedding and took place in the evening in the back yard of Annie and Gremlin's house. All told there were close to one-hundred people there and the hose was full of people visiting after the ceremony.

A week later we left New Orleans to go back home, this time we drove. My leave of absence was almost up but since my replacement was doing such a good job I was able to get a two week extension. We took out time driving back and stayed at several bed and breakfasts along the way, have you ever stayed at one of those? If you haven't you should, they're really romantic. One of the things that we talked about at great length was my job; did I really want to go back to it? No I didn't but neither did I want to sit around on my ass and do nothing either although Maurice told me that I could go back to school if I wanted. Did I want to do that? Hell no! I had no desire to go back to writing papers and studying into the wee hours of the morning.

We were almost home when Maurice made a suggestion.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers