Maxine's New Life Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Don't say a word Max," Jen demanded as she walked outside with her cell phone. She obviously didn't want me to overhear the conversation

"Here," she said handing the phone to the cashier.

"I can't do it without the receipt in my hand," he said getting testy. "I have no idea, whether or not she is carrying. You are kidding. You are not really going to tell her to shoot me. My boss is going to have a fit, but alright."

The man behind the counter pushed the key to me. "Would you please sign here?" he asked fearfully.

"No problem," I said as I begin to write my name.

"He wouldn't have really told you to shoot me would he?"

"I don't know. He hasn't had me shoot anyone in a long time. I think he has outgrown it." Jen held her laughter until we got to the van. "Who the hell did you call?"

"Blevins, who else would come up with that kind of crap?"

"Point," I said laughing.

I remembered to stop at the gate. It opened flawlessly. Luke was definitely dependable for that kind of thing. I really was going to miss him. I did want him to get his ass back in school though. He needed a career not just fooling around with me.

I sure hoped that getting the company car would not make him want to give up his plans to be a cop. I dropped that train of thought, when I pulled into the pine needle covered opening in front of my cabin. I had been away over night, so I had no idea what to expect.

Even though the door was still locked, I entered the cabin carefully. I was thrilled to find that the room wasn't terribly cold. That the fire was still burning in the stove. I cranked the stove up a notch, then heated the left over coffee in the Microwave. I also put a fresh pot of water into the Mr Coffee.

I drank the two day old coffee and was grateful for it. Hospital coffee was worse than hospital food. Not to mention it was harder to find, than a fur coat on a nudist beach. I took a look at my emails while I waited for the room to heat enough for a shower.

My personal email were all spam, which was usually the case. The company emails were mostly aimed at Luke. He used the company account to get information for the company, but since I had no idea what the replies were about, I left them alone.

It was just 4PM but it was also Saturday so I had nothing to do. I mean there was lots of things I could do, but nothing I had to do. I was trying to find clean underwear, when I remember that the Latina mother and daughter had my clothes.

I turned the coffee pot off and the stove down to its lowest setting then I got back in the van and drove to the laundromat. Sure enough they were still there. I paid for my clothes, then headed home.

I stopped along the way at the dog house. The only thing bad about the dog house is they had no drive thru window. I was in full view of the other patrons while I placed my to go order, It never made a difference before, but that afternoon it did.

"Hey you are Maxine Stone aren't you?"

I silently begged the man behind the counter to get a move on. Of course he slowed down instead.

"So Miss Stone, did you really shoot that guy in the face?"

"I'm sorry, you have me confused with someone else."

"I don't think so. You just seem to think you are better than me. I think you are a real bitch."

"Then why don't you sit down and finish your dinner?" I suggested.

"You are so fucking rude." He said getting right up into my face.

There were people staring at us. I really wanted to kick his ass, but my ribs hurt and I just wasn't in the mood. What I was in the mood for, were the hot dogs I had ordered. I would just be damned if I was going to leave without my order. I fingered the stun gun in my pocket. I was about to zap the prick, when someone moved up behind him.

''Excuse me, I need to get through here," the older man said. The man was about sixty if he was a day. Hell he could have been seventy with that beautiful head of white hair. He stood ramrod straight. I recognized that stance, if not the man.

"Well we are talking," the prick said.

"No, you are being an ass and the lady is trying to be nice. I am not so nice, so go sit the fuck down."

"Old man, I will kick your ass."

"Sonny don't pick up more shit, than you can tote?"

"What's that mean?" the prick said.

"It means I ain't John Wayne, and best case, you gonna wake up in the hospital, and worst you ain't gonna wake up at all."

"You don't scare me," he said.

"Ain't trying to scare you. I'm trying to talk sense to you."

"Gus, take it outside. If you bloody up my parking lot again, you gonna be the one to clean it up."

"Okay Martin," the old man said. "Let's do what the man said." He stepped back clearing a path for the younger man. I was determined not to see the old man get hurt, so I was going to follow along behind with the bug zapper.

"Oh hell, I don't want to go to jail for killin' an old man," the prick said.

"Good choice son," the old man said. He turned to me. "You about ready to go little lady?"

"Soon as I get my dogs," I replied.

"Here," the man he had called Martin said, as he handed me the white paper bag. "On the house just get out of here Max."

"Yes sir," I said with a smile. I left the hot dog stand with Gus following behind. He walked me to my van.

"You gonna be alright?" I asked.

"I'll be fine little lady. By now someone has talked some sense into him."

"Who are you, that they would do that?"

"Gus Gallion retired Gunnery Sargent USMC, I am also the self defense instructor for the community college's criminal justice school. It's just part time."

"Well hell, I was going to come and zap that prick so he wouldn't hurt you?" I said.

"Don't worry about me. I have to go back in and get my dogs. Hey how about giving me a lift home. I don't drive these days." When I didn't answer right away he added, "It ain't far."

"That seems the least I can do," I said.

"You could come in and we could have a picnic," he suggested.

"I could, but I stink like a hospital. I need to take a shower before I feel human. It's a long story, why I'm even out here instead of home in bed."

"Well I have a shower and you can tell me all about it at my place, if you like. You can at least rest without having to watch your back tonight. After a close call Maxine, you don't really want to be alone."

Gus was right. He knew who I was, but I didn't mind that he knew. I just couldn't believe all the shit I kept getting into. I figured that I should go back to Afghanistan, so I could find some peace.

Share this Story

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Temptation Ch. 01 The sex toy party.in Erotic Couplings
The Stand-In Girlfriend Ch. 01-02 Ashton & Katrina want to get married ask Chevonne to help.in Interracial Love
View From The Top Eddie's fiancée was unhappy when he saved Nara.in Romance
Möge Gott uns beistehen Ein Leben zerbricht. in Non-Erotic
Just Getting Started Roommates in lust for one another.in Interracial Love
More Stories