Means, Motive, Opportunity

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When I asked who was responsible for signing the request forms, he simply said, "Sykes". I asked him if he could expose these facts and he said that he was uncomfortable risking his career with such action. But pointed out that a complaint can easily be raised by a member of the public.

I asked what Sykes motivation could possibly be, and Detective Carling simply suggested I check who Bertram's golf partner was at the country club on Sundays. The prosecutor's grubby behaviour in court now made perfect sense.

A responsible, but not the slightest bit vindictive, yeah right, member of the public did request an official, internal investigation. He was disappointed at the lack of evidence and total lack of action. He was happier when the same complaint plus copies of the log book from the country club was made to the law society. They could do nothing except censure the prosecutor for failing to reveal his relationship to a person of interest to the court. Mr Sykes resigned, yeah right, his post and moved on. He never did get that job on the bench.

Epilogue

It was on his second day of prison life that John Bertram was introduced to his new cellmate. He was about 6' 6" and was covered in biker club tattoos. His beard extended most of the way to his navel.

When they were alone, the biker spoke in a deep rumbling voice.

"Do you want to be the husband of this relationship or the wife?"

Thinking desperately quickly, Bertram stammered out, "er the husband."

"Good", said the biker. "Now come over here and suck your wife's cock."

Two thoughts raced across John Bertram's mind. Sometimes answers just don't matter and it was going to be a very, very long eight years.

The end

.

There you go, justice for all.

Sandra didn't get punished for being raped, no rape victim deserves that. Especially not the humiliation often meted out to them by defense lawyers in court who are often out to assassinate their characters. Having said that, I acknowledge that in the past, frivolous and vindictive rape allegations have been made against innocent people. Sandra's punishment for inadvertently putting herself in a position where she could be drugged was guilt at Dave's incarceration on remand and fear of being imprisoned herself.

Dave was unjustly punished but was instrumental in getting two scumbags off the streets or out of court.

Bertram got what every rapist deserves, pain, prison and no balls.

Sykes got what every unethical lawyer deserves, a career in tatters and a bleak future.

Detective Carling and the chief got what all decent men crave. The gratitude and respect of a good man.

I apologise for 'sexualising' the rape in this story. When my story, 'Death Sentence' was pulled it was pointed out that this is an erotica site and the stories should have some sex in them.

One of my editors has pointed out that elements of this story are similar to the plot of 'Presumed Innocent'. I am unsure whether I saw the movie or not but certainly can't remember it.

In the US the accused can't be forced to testify. This story is not set in the US. In my country the defendant can be called by the prosecution in circumstantial cases.

The author.

An old corporate joke.

Two wildlife photographers are filming lions relaxing when one of the lions sniffs the air then looks directly at them. The photographers look at each other nervously.

The lion stands up and takes a few paces towards them. One of the men, with his eye still at the camera, reaches down and starts tightening the laces of his shoes.

His mate says, "I wouldn't worry about that. You'll never outrun a lion in those."

"I don't have to outrun a lion. I just have to outrun you."