Meant to Be Ch. 02

Story Info
The fortune teller.
1.4k words
4.38
6k
0

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 03/02/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 2: The Fortune Teller

The party was on Saturday night. It was some sort of a theme thing with a fortune-teller and waitresses dressed as gypsies. The place was crowded and noisy and Jared had been right: there were lots of stunning women. However, Jensen wasn't looking at any of them. He couldn't help remembering Danny and the wonderful days they'd spent together. It was all over now, though. He just had to accept it and move on.

Jared approached him with a drink and saw how upset his friend looked.

"Hey, having fun?"

"Yeah, sure," Jensen replied, though it was obvious he wasn't having any fun 'at all'.

"Here, have a drink," Jared added offering his friend a glass of whiskey.

"Thanks."

"So, seen Natalie yet?" asked Jared, clearly teasing him.

"Jay, I told you to drop it."

"Okay, 'kay, doesn't have to be 'her' anyway...so any other prospects so far?"

"Oh, please, Jared."

"Fine. I'll drop it. Promise." He said looking dead serious and crossing his heart.

Jensen couldn't help smiling at the look of his extremely large friend acting as if he was a ten-year-old kid or some boy-scout. Jared smiled as well seeing that the expression on his friend's face slowly started to soften.

The two men were drinking and chatting when two young women suddenly approached them and stood next to them.

"Hi, guys, long time no see!"

"Hi, Natalie."

"Jared, this is my friend, Amy."

"Hi, Amy."

"Hi!"

"Hello, Jensen," Natalie said as she suggestively fluttered her lashes.

"Hey," he replied dryly.

Natalie approached Jensen and before he could react, he had her arm around his waist. Jensen didn't look particularly pleased with it and Jared could feel his angry look practically burning through his skull. Jared was amused, though, but he knew he had to do something to break the tension that was building up in the blonde.

"Listen, why don't we go see the fortune teller?" Jared suggested.

"What? A fortune-teller, seriously, dude?" Jensen replied, annoyance showing in his voice.

"Yeah, it might fun, come on!" the girls said smiling in unison.

"Yeah, come on! It'll be fun!" Jared said immediately looking at Jensen with pleading eyes.

"Ok, let's go," Jensen gave in and agreed reluctantly.

They walked across the room and found a woman wearing brightly colored clothes sitting at a small round table. She had a deck of cards and didn't look too happy about being there. The lady then looked at the four of them and asked, "So, who's going first?"

Jared didn't give anyone time to even try to answer that question and immediately replied "He is" pointing at his friend. Jensen looked back at him and was about to say something, but Jared had already pulled out a chair for him. Seeing there was no way out, Jensen sighed and decided to play along so he sat down and tried to look as agreeable as possible.

The woman looked at him and instructed him to shuffle the cards. He complied and, a few seconds later, placed the deck back on the table. She then picked it up and began placing the cards on the table one by one next to each other, looking really focused on what she was doing.

Jensen looked at Jared and whispered in his ear, "This brod is nuts and this is just stupid!"

The woman looked up at them and from the look in her eyes, her glare actually, they could tell she'd heard Jensen. He tried to hide his embarrassment and pretended to be interested in what she was doing, though, doing his best to break the tension.

And then, she finally began her reading.

"So, what do you wanna know?" she said looking at Jensen.

He was about to speak, but this time it was Natalie who didn't give him the chance to do it and replied for him.

"Love! How about his love life?"

"Natalie, please."

"Oh, come on, Jensen, it'll be fun!"

The woman looked at the cards closely and carefully. "You're heartbroken. You want love but don't seem to find it. No matter how hard you try."

Jensen was a little bit surprised, but then he thought most people felt that way these days so no big sign of any kind of psychic power there, right? Besides, he suspected this to be one of Jared's pranks.

"The love of your life. Your soul mate. You're about to meet her."

"Really?" He said rolling his eyes.

"Could be me, right?" Natalie said looking at Jensen as she leaned against him.

The fortune-teller looked pissed and continued with the reading.

"As I was saying, you're 'about' to meet her, which means you haven't met her 'yet'. But you will. Pretty soon," she said staring at Natalie with angry eyes.

"Okay," Jensen and Natalie answered in unison.

"Yes, it's very clear. You're meant to be. Fate will bring you together."

"Fate?" Jared asked her.

"Yes, fate. Now will you all shut up and let me go on?"

"Sorry!" they all answered in unison.

"It's the universe bringing you together. But it won't be an easy relationship. You're both supposed to learn from it. She...she'll be like a mystery to you. She won't let you into her heart that easily...she's hurt or something...you're gonna have to prove your worth to her...You're gonna have to work your way...hard and slow. But the prize will be worth it. It's a great love. Together you'll just...shine. You two will really understand each other. Yes, you'll get each other...plus there's lots of..."

"...lots of what?" Jensen and Jared asked in synch.

"...passion. You'll be immediately attracted to each other...there's 'great' sex...lots of fire here. Careful you don't burn!"

Jensen blushed a little and looked uncomfortable. In that moment, the woman looked straight at him and grabbed his arm. He wasn't expecting that and froze at the touch. But the woman looked at him differently now. She didn't look pissed off or upset. It was almost as if she actually cared, as if she was being really serious about the whole thing.

"Now, listen carefully. When you find her, don't be stupid and don't let her run away from you. It'll all depend on you. She'll try to run away. It's up to you to stop her from doing that. If you're smart enough and keep her...Well, handsome, you'll feel just like in Heaven," she explained locking her gaze with his and then she added "Okay, that's it. Go join the party now. Time for my break," she said as she finished her reading and sent them away.

The four of them left the woman and joined the party. Natalie made moves on Jensen most of the evening but he wasn't into her at all. He just acted as politely as he could and felt relieved when the party was over.

And just when he was heading to his car, he saw Jared, who was about to leave as well.

"Hey, Jared. I wanted to ask you something."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Man, did you pay that stupid woman to say those things?"

"What woman?"

"You know, the fortune-teller."

"No, I didn't."

"C'mon, it wasn't funny, you know how I've been feeling lately."

"Jen, I swear, I had nothing to do with that, it wasn't any of my pranks. Listen, she must've given you the same speech she gives to everyone else. Just forget about it. You know how those people are."

"Yeah, guess you're right. It's just that I'm a little bit too sensitive right now."

"A 'little' bit?" Jared echoed as his mouth curled up into a smile.

"Shut up!" his friend answered trying to seem angry but failing dismally and smiling back instead.

"How about Natalie? Going home with her?" Jared then asked with a smirk.

"No way, you know I can't stand her."

"Really? Mmm...didn't look that way to me, you two seemed to be getting along."

"You mean she was all over me. Please do me a favor and stop trying to hook me up with her."

"Okay. Promise. Won't do it again," the brunette replied, crossing his heart.

They then said goodbye and left.

All Jensen wanted to do was go home and get some sleep. And he felt sort of relieved he'd be in Vancouver on Monday. Focusing on work would help him put everything behind him.

To Be Continued...

Hope you're enjoying my story...Please review!