Meeting the New Enemy Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'You know the chief.' said Ak'ka uncorking his water skin and taking a drink. 'He hates to lose anything, and he'll make K'Kess pay for his betrayal. We're not going back until we get them back, dead or alive. Including the possible Menuik who helped them.'

'I didn't think we got to see one of them all the way here.' Vash said, examining the area. 'It looked like they only lived where we found them.'

'Maybe he was banished from his tribe.' Ak'ka said. 'Either way it won't matter when we catch them.'

'If we catch them.' Kamel said.

'They can't hi-' Ak'ka said when he got interrupted by Vash.

'There!' Vash said and pointed to a surprised Iloma appearing out of the high bushes.

'Get her!' Ak'ka said and dropped his satchel to run at her.

The rest of the Eshe did the same and Iloma turned quickly to disappear into the bushes again. When the first came out on the other side they looked around, spotted her in another direction and ran after her when she ran terrified into the next bushes.

'Over here!' Ak'ka called out for the others. 'Follow me!' He dove into the bushes where she had gone, glad they didn't obstruct his pace much and ran out of them into another low wave of the green sea. The woman was nowhere to be seen.

'She's here!' shouted one of the others to his left.

'Damn, she's fast.' he said to himself and ran into the direction of the call. Right into Kamel.

'Watch it!' Kamel grumbled, rubbing his shoulder.

'Where is she!?' Ak'ka said ignoring his complaint.

'Somewhere that way it seems.' Kamel said pointing in one direction.

'Let's go!' Ak'ka said and rushed away.

'Right.' Kamel said and followed him with less enthusiasm.

'Here!' came another shout and Kamel lost sight of Ak'ka before he heard another shout. He sighed and stopped running. They were chasing a mouse in a haystack. He thought about going back to where they had left their satchels when he heard a cry of pain nearby.

'Vash!' he shouted and ran off to where he heard Vash curse. The moment he found Vash lying on the ground clutching his foot he felt a sharp pain in his own foot. 'AAHH!' he yelled and dropped to the ground. With tears in his eyes he saw something with several sharp points had pierced the sole of his foot. 'Sack of slime worms!' he cursed, pulling out the thorned object out of his foot and throwing it aside.

'I'll kill whoever left this!' shouted Vash. pushing his thumb on the wound on his foot.

'You and me both.' grumbled Kamel and heard one more yell.

'Hasuf!' said Vash.

'Yeah.' grumbled Kamel tying a rag around his foot. 'Sounds like we stepped into a trap. I knew it was a bad idea trying to catch whoever lives here.'

More cries and curses came from around them and Kamel regretted that Graga decided to check out the island when they were comfortably on their way home after a bloody fight.

'Iloma!' whispered Tashee when she heard her rushing by through the bushes.

Iloma went to her and sat down on the ground, trembling at the excitement of the chase. 'You get everyone?'

'I got two.' Tashee grinned. 'From the sound of it Naylee got the others. And if that wasn't enough, I got these.' she said and gestured at the satchels behind her.

Iloma chuckled. 'Good.'

Tashee turned her ears. 'I hear shuffling.' she said. 'They're probably regrouping.'

Iloma nodded when they heard some calls between the Eshe.

A rustle made them look and Naylee appeared from the foliage. 'I think we've got them.' she said with a wide grin on her face.

'I think so too.' said Tashee. 'Let's follow them to make sure they're going back to camp.'

***

By the time Rafe, Wendy and K'Kess arrived at the bunker while following their targeted group they found all others in a heated debate. Some were pointing at their wrapped feet.

The three slipped unnoticed through the bushes and met up with the others in the room closest to the Eshe.

'I see you've got them riled up.' Rafe said as he kissed Tashee and grinned.

'I guess we did bother them a little.' she said with a little grin. 'And it looks like your group didn't help to calm things down.'

The new arrivals did their tale with wild gestures and more shouting. It was obvious the Eshe hadn't expected to be attacked in this way. Graga glowered while he sat in front of their fire clawing his fingers in the ground.

'What might they do now?' Naylee asked K'Kess.

K'Kess pondered for a few moments. 'Stay, or move back to boat.' he said. 'But think they hunt more, sheep, tomorrow. With bigger group.'

Naylee nodded. 'Then we'll need to come up with a plan to prevent that.'

12