Melting the Ice Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MugsyB
MugsyB
2,729 Followers

"Don't you feel me?" He gave his hips a jerk, thrusting deep before stilling again.

"I want to feel you move," she replied, her breath coming faster. "Please, I want you to."

Hayden's resolve was crumbling fast in the wake of her soft entreaty. He pulled back and plunged deep, trying to keep his pace slow. But she was bound and determined to undo him. She rocked her body against his and threw her head back with a groan. Her legs tightened around his waist and he repeated the motion. Then again, pulling almost all the way out and then sliding back in.

"Oh, yes." The words fell from her lips in a husky voice that slipped through his last defenses and Hayden gave up trying to resist.

He didn't know why he bothered.

With his arm braced around her back, he tangled her hair around his other hand and bit down on her neck. As he thrust again, she cried out and he felt her coming around him. He growled as her body pulsed and throbbed against him and he began to thrust then. He pushed deep, sliding his hand lower to push on her bottom. Every time he thrust into her, he angled deeper, drawing out her orgasm until she was whimpering, all but hanging limp in his arms.

He lapped at the skin of her neck, tasting her sweat and all her unique feminine musk. She shuddered, riding through her climax and he continued to pump into her, bringing himself to the edge in a hurry. She dropped an arm back to brace against the table as his pounding body jarred her. Her fingers curled around his neck and he looked up into her face to see her eyes focused on him.

As their gazes meshed, he came. His mouth fell open on a silent cry and he pumped furiously into her, feeling her muscles clamp down on him. All the while, they gazed into each other's eyes, sinking into each other with every frantic stroke.

After a few minutes - hours, days, Hayden didn't know anymore - Natalie turned her head and pressed a moist kiss to his neck. He responded with a gentle rub of his cheek against hers. She giggled and shivered, his whiskers apparently tickling her. Her laughter trembled through her body and he groaned when he felt her muscles flutter around his softening member.

At last he pulled out of her and stood up straight. He stroked a gentle hand over her forehead, brushing her hair out of her eyes. "Better?"

She grinned and nodded. "Loads better. What would I do without you?"

He chuckled and leaned down to kiss her. If he had anything to say about it, she'd never have to do without him.

***

Natalie woke up some time during the night when she felt Hayden leave the bed. She rolled over and rubbed her eyes. The bedroom was dim, the only light coming from the washroom across the hallway. She was just dozing again when she felt the bed dip as Hayden climbed back in beside her.

She expected him to just lie down and go back to sleep but was pleasantly surprised when she felt his arms go around her middle. She melted into his embrace, smiling in the darkness when she felt his body curl around hers.

"I thought you were sleeping," he murmured into her shoulder and Natalie shivered as his warm breath tickled her.

"I was."

"I'm sorry I woke you."

The growing appendage against her backside told her otherwise. With a giggle, she rolled in his arms and smiled at his dark outline. It grew larger and she felt his breath on her lips a second before he kissed her. There was none of the urgency of their session in the kitchen now. The darkness and warmth surrounding them lent a lazy, intimate quality to their lovemaking.

Hayden took his time kissing her, exploring her mouth and tasting her. His hands were sure on her body but gentle and teasing as he stroked her. She rose to his caresses and gasped into his mouth as the intensity increased. In no time at all, he had her sweaty and writhing beneath his hard body.

Still, he kept his pace maddeningly slow, taking her to the edge but stopping short of tipping her over. He teased, taunted and made her cry out his name. She was whimpering and begging before he at last parted her thighs and drove himself deep inside of her. She came then, bucking under him and wailing as her orgasm ripped through her. Hayden chuckled darkly in her ear and continued to thrust into her. It was all Natalie could do to hold on to him until he groaned and tensed over her.

When they were both relaxed and breathing normally again, Natalie rested against Hayden's side, tucked in his warm arms.

"What time is it?"

He turned his head to look at his clock. "You really want to know?"

She groaned and buried her nose against his chest. "Maybe not. No, I do. Just hit me with it."

"One thirty."

"You bastard! What were you thinking waking me up at this time?"

He laughed and gave her a squeeze. "I was thinking, 'Gee, I've got this gorgeous woman in my bed, I should enjoy every moment I can.'"

Well, that was entirely too romantic for Natalie's befuddled brain to handle at this hour. She smiled and laid her cheek on Hayden's chest. Listening to his steady heartbeat soothed her and she felt her body relaxing towards sleep.

"How early do you have to be up?" His deep voice rumbled under her cheek and she came fully awake again.

"Up? Oh, not for hours."

"Don't you have a class on Wednesday mornings?"

She shrugged one shoulder and opened her mouth for a yawn. "I think it's just a study class. Then I have my regular schedule in the afternoon." She lifted her head and kissed the strong line of his jaw. "Plenty of time to wallow in your arms, Hayden."

He chuckled and drew her close, sealing his lips over hers for a delicious moment. When he pulled away, she settled back beside him with a sigh. "Maybe I'll make you breakfast in the morning."

She felt him tense at her suggestion and lifted her head to look at his shadowed face again. "Something wrong?"

He shook his head, a jerky motion. Smiling, Natalie propped herself up on his chest and looked down into his face. "Something about me cooking breakfast amuses you?"

"I have a fantasy about you cooking for me," he confessed.

Natalie couldn't help but laugh. "A fantasy? Do tell."

"I'll only tell if there's the slightest chance you'll make it come true."

"Hmm..." She pretended to consider as she felt Hayden's hands slide up her bare legs. Her breath caught as he stroked the curve of her thighs beneath her bottom and that was when she felt the growing muscle against her stomach. She laughed, giddy with desire for him. "Hayden!"

Hayden responded by rolling them and laying his body over hers. "You'll need to know the details so you can get my fantasy right."

"I don't recall agreeing to do it."

His deep chuckle vibrated through her body and she shuddered from the sensation. Who was she kidding? She'd do anything and everything to please this man. Somehow he'd become her entire world.

"It won't be hard," he said.

She giggled and pushed her hips up a little. "It sure feels hard."

He stilled her body with his hands and leaned down to stroke her neck with his tongue. "I meant my fantasy."

"Oh?" The word fell from her lips as little more than a breathy sigh.

"You'll need an apron," he told her. "And a pair of panties..."

***

As Hayden had no aprons, or any breakfast food to speak of - save cereal - the fulfillment of his fantasy would have to wait. Natalie promised when she woke in the morning that she'd do what she could to make his dreams come true. As they walked down the street to a nearby restaurant for breakfast, Hayden asked if she wanted to go to another game this week.

"I don't know." She shook her head, feeling some guilt creep up her spine over the fact that she was skipping class this morning. In the middle of the night, she'd told a small lie. There was a class this morning but she had wanted to spend more time with Hayden. The winter break was coming up and she'd be heading home to Buffalo, which meant that she wouldn't see Hayden after the following week.

"I really should concentrate. This one class I have, the one with the practice exam I failed? Well, it's a real bitch of a class. I need this grade to get my degree."

Hayden nodded as he gave her fingers a squeeze. "Why didn't you say so? I could have taken you home last night, Natalie."

"I wanted to stay."

"I just don't want to be the reason you're failing."

She laughed and this time it was her turn to squeeze his hand. "I appreciate that but it'd take more than a night in bed with you to make me fail a class."

He looked down at her with a smirk and she laughed again.

"If I'd been in real danger of failing, you wouldn't have heard from me for weeks!"

"Well, that's good. For me and your grades."

Natalie nodded. "I just want to get through everything and enjoy my holidays at home."

Hayden reached out to open the restaurant door for her but paused when she spoke. "Home? You're not going to be in the city for the holidays?"

"I'm planning to go to Buffalo to spend the holidays with my family."

They were seated in a few minutes and neither spoke as they removed their coats.

"I'm sorry if you're disappointed, Hayden." Natalie was the first to break the silence.

He shook his head and reached across the table for her hand. "I'm not, Natalie. Well, maybe I am a little but it's because my brother and his wife are going to be in New York." He paused and gave her that crooked smile she adored. "I wanted you to meet them."

Natalie's heart gave an involuntary thump and she smiled back at him. "I'd love to meet them. When do they arrive?"

"Not until the 20th."

"Oh, shoot. My exams are over on the 14th and I was planning on leaving for Buffalo that day. My last exam is in the morning and a couple of people from my dorm who are from Buffalo are going to carpool up there."

"I'll drive you," Hayden said.

Natalie drew back in surprise. "It's a long way, Hayden. You'll have games, won't you?"

Hayden pulled his phone out of his pocket to check his schedule. "The 14th? I have a game that night." He looked up at Natalie with an excited expression. "How about you come to the game and I drive you after? I don't have another game until the 16th."

Natalie laughed. "There's no way you'd be in any shape to drive after a game."

"Are you kidding? Even when we lose, I'm so wired after a game, I can't sleep for hours." He arched an eyebrow at her and grinned suggestively. "Don't you remember all the nights I'd call you?"

Natalie felt her body warm at the memory. Oh yes, she remembered. He would call her late on weekends and the phone calls always made her incredibly hot and usually left her with erotic dreams. It's why she'd always answer his calls. Even from thousands of miles away, he still made her crazy.

"I can't ask you to drive me all that way, Hayden," she said and shook her head. "It'll be late and it's a seven hour drive!"

"Then we can take turns driving." He leaned forward and took hold of her hand again. "Please, Natalie. I want to spend more time with you."

She looked into his blue eyes and smiled. He looked sincere so she found herself nodding along in another minute. "This way, I guess you can meet my parents too."

"Great!"

"Oh lord, they won't believe me when I tell them you're driving me to Buffalo."

Hayden laughed along with her and they made firm plans for the trip. After that, they ordered their breakfast and chatted until Natalie had to get back to school.

***

Natalie was excited when her last exam was over and she was getting ready to go to the game. Madison couldn't come with her, since she was already on her way home to New Jersey. Natalie decided she could brave the game on her own. She'd be leaving right after with Hayden and at the last few games, the patrons around her seat had been friendly. She figured it wouldn't be exactly like going alone.

As always, when Hayden skated around during warm-up with his team, he paused by Natalie's section and winked. Natalie felt ridiculously pleased when he did it this time and laughed when the girls behind her giggled and made comments.

Soon, the game was underway and Natalie was on the edge of her seat. It was still early enough in the season that there was no real urgency in every game but when the Rangers fell behind the New Jersey Devils in the first period, and struggled through the second, Natalie could feel the tension. She knew Hayden was frustrated as he made his way off the ice at the second intermission. She wanted to offer him some sort of comfort but she'd learned enough about him in their time together to know that when he was losing, or had just lost a game, he was a complete bear.

A cuddly, sexy-as-hell bear, she added silently and grinned like an idiot.

A short while later, the third period was in full swing and the Rangers were firing on all cylinders. Unfortunately, it wasn't working out for them. Natalie sat back in her seat with a groan as she watched the guys skate off the ice. Hayden was not going to be in the best of moods as they set out on their road trip.

In another few minutes, her cell phone rang and Hayden's low voice greeted her when she answered.

"I should be done in about fifteen minutes."

Natalie bit her lip. "Sure. I'll wait by the North entrance."

"Sounds good."

There was an awkward pause. Natalie could feel the tension coming through the phone and wanted to say something to make it better. She knew that anything she tried to say would just fall on deaf ears.

"Uh, I'm excited about our drive," she said instead.

That earned a deep chuckle and she smiled.

"Me too. I'll see you soon."

She hung up and hurried with the crowd through the building. She paced back and forth in front of the doors until Hayden showed up. He didn't say much, just gave her a hug and held her hand as they walked to his car. They joined the traffic leaving Madison Square Garden and Natalie wrung her hands in her lap as they remained silent.

"I'm sorry, Natalie." He was the first to speak, startling her.

"Why?"

"For being cranky." He gave her a sideways smile. "I just hate losing."

She rolled her eyes and reached over to pat his hand. "Who doesn't?"

"Losers."

With a laugh, Natalie wrapped her fingers around his hand and was pleased when he turned his hand over to return the caress.

"Well, it's over now and you've got nearly eight hours to mull it over." Natalie paused and looked at him. "You're not too tired to drive right now, are you?"

He snorted derisively and gave her fingers a squeeze. "Hardly. You were right the first time: I'm going to be mulling this loss over for a while."

"Why?" The question was out before she could stop it.

"Are you serious?"

In for a penny... she thought and plowed ahead. "Well, yeah. I mean, losing sucks, sure, but it's over now. Why dwell on it?"

Hayden gave her a narrow glance that normally had her squirming as her body reacted. This time, she felt like she was being given a reprimand.

"You're not an athlete, so you wouldn't understand."

His words hurt more than they should. Natalie tried to shrug it off and chalk it up to his foul mood but as the buildings receded and Manhattan disappeared behind them, she couldn't. Just because she was trying to be supportive didn't give him the right to belittle her like that. The more she thought about it, the more it upset her.

She wasn't sure how long they drove in silence. The city was well and truly behind them by the time either of them spoke.

"I'm sorry," Hayden broke the silence in a tone that was anything but sorry.

Natalie bristled at his tone and continued to look straight out the windshield.

"Don't you believe me?"

Natalie shrugged. Hayden smacked a palm against the steering wheel. The gesture startled her. She'd never seen Hayden do something like that. In fact, she'd never seen him in such a foul mood. She looked at him and saw his jaw clenched. He turned his face and met her gaze.

"I am sorry," he tried again, his voice still tense.

"I might believe you if you didn't sound like it hurt to say it."

"I don't know why you're upset."

Natalie's eyebrows lifted. "Are you kidding?"

"I'm not a mind reader, Natalie, and I don't play games."

She barked out a laugh. This conversation was not going well. Maybe we should have just stayed quiet, she thought.

"You play a game for a living!"

"That's different," he snapped.

"Obviously. You made it perfectly clear that I know nothing about it."

"Is that why you're mad at me?" He glanced over in time to see her shrug again. "I wasn't trying to be a jerk, Natalie. You're not an athlete so you don't know what it's like to lose."

"You may not have been trying to be a jerk, but you managed to accomplish it anyway."

"Damn it, Natalie, stop talking in circles!"

"Don't you yell at me!" she snapped and glared at him. "And stop taking your loss out on me. I didn't lose the game and even if I had, I wouldn't be treating my boyfriend like this."

Hayden looked at her and opened his mouth as if to say something. Natalie raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms over her chest. He scowled and turned his attention back to the dark road ahead of them.

After several tense minutes, Hayden blew out a noisy breath and reached for Natalie's hand. She resisted at first, wanting to hear an actual apology first, but she gave him her hand and remained silent as he took it.

"I'm sorry," he said in a quiet voice. "You're right. I shouldn't be taking it out on you."

Natalie didn't say anything at first. On one hand, she didn't want to start another argument and on the other, she didn't know what to say.

"Do you hate me?"

Natalie looked over and met his uncertain gaze. "Of course not."

"Then why won't you say anything?"

"We had a fight, Hayden. That's all."

"You don't hate me? Even though I've been a prick ever since we left the city?"

Natalie grinned and returned the squeeze of his hand. "I don't hate you, I promise. And the prickness will wear off soon, won't it?"

Hayden chuckled at her made-up word and shrugged. "I don't know. I really hate losing."

Natalie rolled her eyes and rested her cheek on the back of her seat as she studied his profile. "I know. I'm sorry you lost."

"It was so stupid, too," he went on, clenching his fingers around the steering wheel. "I should have had that last shot. It was coming right at me. Then Ryder pushed Sid and I lost sight of it."

Natalie nodded in understanding. It had been a bit of a fluke goal and she didn't blame Hayden for being ticked about it.

Hayden went on to vent all his frustration over the game as he drove. Natalie smiled and frowned as he talked about one botched play or another. He became incensed as he described one missed call when a Devil had blatantly pushed him over. Most of all, Natalie just listened to him talk. Not only was it one of her favorite spare time activities - he truly had the sexiest voice - but she was so pleased that he was opening up and sharing so much with her. It's not that he kept things from her, but the game, his career, he rarely talked to her about it.

Her eyes began to feel heavy at one point and Hayden glanced over at her.

"You should try to sleep a bit." He gave her fingers a squeeze.

"Why?"

"Because you're halfway there already. I'll wake you in another couple hours to relieve me."

Natalie's eyes snapped open all the way and she fixed him with a firm glare. "You'll wake me the second you start to feel too tired."

He chuckled and nodded. "Whatever you say, tiger."

She nodded, satisfied with his response and made herself comfortable in her seat. She drifted off, still clutching his strong hand in hers.

***

Hayden felt the tug of sleep behind his eyes. Between the empty dark highway in front of him and Natalie's soft snoring beside him, it was a wonder he'd lasted as long as he had. He let himself stew for as long as he could about the game. That kept his blood up and kept him alert for the first hour and a half.

MugsyB
MugsyB
2,729 Followers