Memories Aren't Forgotten Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dylan_J
dylan_J
10 Followers

"Something tells me you girls have just started," he moaned.

"It not like I'm not going to wear this stuff Hon," Josie said sitting in the chair he had vacated and taking a mouthful of his coffee. She turned her face at the first swallow.

"This tastes like Danny cooking! What did you do to it?" she exclaimed. Danny stuck her tongue at her sister.

"It's plain. Just black. No sugar." he explained choosing another seat.

"as much as I enjoy watching you in those outfits, I don't' see why you insist in buying three pairs of black shoes," he continued looking at the bags his wife had planted near her feet. Josie looked at her husband astonished.

"I can't believe you Paul. Danny explain why we need three pairs of shoes."

"We have the standard flats which we wear everywhere, supermarket, to pick up the kids. This is the comfortable ones. Then the pump we wear to formal events, dinner parties' luncheons etcetera. Lastly is the sexy thin strap stiletto black heals, the most uncomfortable, I might add. We wear to that hot date. "it draws attention to the well toned calves we spent hours running down screaming children, running errands and following the orders from a boss who changes his mind like the weather. These babies don't come from the gym," Danny finished exposing her well toned calves.

"If the other shoes suck, why wear them at all. I would stick to the standard flats," Paul exclaimed shaking his head.

"That's why, you're a gorgeous man not a woman with any fashion sense," Josie giggled. Paul looked at Adam.

"Help me out here; Adam does this shoe necessity make any sense?"

"The twenty three years I spent with my mother and my stepmother I never figured it out. I have leant from my dad however that it is better to let sleeping dogs lie and it helps to have a MasterCard," he laughed

Half an hour later, Jessie found herself alone with Adam. Josie had pulled Paul away to buy the cutest his and her matching pajamas they must have and Danny wanted to get some supplies for Natalie's school play she was in charge of. So there sat Jessie and Adam guarding the shopping bags. He watched her look at the coffee and nibble at her doughnut with extra wiped cream she knew her hips would pay for later.

"Aren't you going to say anything? He asked unscrewing the cap of his bottled water.

"About what?" she returned as she watched his Adam's apple bob up and down as he swallowed. It suddenly felt warm in the air conditioned café.

He allowed his gaze to slide from her large silver hoop earrings to rest at the top of the black tank top she was wearing, where her breasts were noticeable. Most guys snuck glances of cleavage when they thought women weren't looking, but Adam was different. He stared.

"Your cousin's think we should "hook up" What do you think? He said

"I think my cousins are neurotic and should be admitted to an institution." She told him.

"You didn't answer my question. You think we should hook up?" he repeated letting the last two words slide from his tongue. If she was a blonde Jessie was sure her hair would have turned red from blushing like the rest of her. She had a felling as though he was talking about more than just dinner and a movie. She looked at him closely.

"I don't know what exactly my cousins told you Mr. .Cambridge but I am not interested," she said calmly

"I apologize if you thought I was being forward, but your cousins made it sound as though you were definitely interested in a relationship" he said leaning back against his chair. It was only then she realized how close their heads were.

"Look I'm sorry if you think I'm by saying this but I don't really know you, at all. I'm extremely grateful that you helped me at Soul but I am definitely not interested in a relationship right now."

When Josie returned she was wearing a triumphant grin while Paul staggered with two less than light looking bags in each hand.

"Sorry I took so long. There were some things I forgot to buy when we were in the clothes store," she explained sliding into the seat next to Jessie. She turned to Adam.

"So what are you doing this far from home? It cannot be you heard Cedar Oaks makes the best fried chicken wings in honey smoked sauce and had to try it yourself,"

"The law firm that I work at is expanding and I flew over to finalize everything with the contractor and buy a house since I'll be moving here when it opens in November. Plus I hear here has the best fried chicken wings in honey smoked sauce," he finished, taking a sip of the coffee the waitress had brought him. He grinned displaying his dimples and for a moment Jessie almost forgot about the exchange she had had with him before Josie had returned.

"Your law firm is going to be that grey two story on Park Street, isn't it?" Paul asked.

"Yeah it is. What do you think about it?"

"Anything on Park Street is prime real estate. You should hear how excited Laura gets whenever she sold or rented an apartment on that street."

"Speaking of apartments, you could ask Laura about finding you a place," Josie suggested. Just then Laura returned with Danny adding three more bags to their shopping pile. Paul groaned and stood up.

"I guess I better start carrying this stuff to the car," he said unenthusiastically.

"I'll give you a hand," Adam volunteered standing as well.

As they rode the escalator to the ground floor and headed towards the car park, Josie filled Laura in on Adam's problem.

"So you think you can help a lawyer out?" she asked.

"He's a lawyer?" Laura exclaimed in surprise.

"Yeah, why so surprised?"

" It's just Cedar Oaks could do with a couple of them," She said a little too quickly, " Just recently Greenberg Real Estate had some trouble with their insurance company. Wasted thousands on lawyer's fees and still lost. The lawyer was awful at his job as well.

Josie didn't seem to notice the worried look that appeared briefly on her sister's face.

"So can you help him out?" repeated Josie, taking her sister's lost expression for wool gathering.

"Yeah, sure," she answered as they reached Paul's car. She looked at Adam.

"Why don't you come over next Saturday for the family reunion? I'll bring some pictures of the homes we have and we'll look them over," she suggested.

Jessie could not believe her ears.

"I wouldn't want to intrude," was the reply.

"Nonsense, you're new here. This is a chance to get to know some of the people of Cedar Oaks," Josie shushed. "And taste our home made fried chicken wings in honey smoked sauce. Not to mention our mother makes mean fried rice. Stay clear of anything Josie cooks though,"

"Hey I can cook!" Josie said. "You are the one with awful cooking skills."

"And the ostrich can fly," laughed Josie.

"That does sound tempting; I've never been one to pass up good food. It's usually take out and food from a can for me. I'm a horrible cook," said Adam

Josie handed Paul the last shopping bag.

"Great then it's settled. Here's our mother's number just in case you need to call for directions but I doubt it. The house is the third house on Farm road and not easy to miss. See you next Saturday," finished Josie. She handed him the number and climbed in the car.

"Word of advice Adam, stay away from the grill. A word of advice, The Anderson and Henderson men own the grill. Keep away. I learnt that the hard way at my first family reunion," cautioned Paul as he started the car.

"Thanks I won't forget, Adam laughed stepping away from the car. He was still laughing as it drove away.

dylan_J
dylan_J
10 Followers
Share this Story

Similar Stories

My Sister's Best Friend A young man finds love with a special young woman.in First Time
Beauty and the Beast A man is brought out of the shadows by his lonely neighbor.in Romance
Love Again After a man loses everything, can he truly love again?in Romance
Roommate's Prank War Goes Wrong Two Roommates Yearly Prank War, goes horribly wrong, or right.in Romance
A Second Chance He lost his first love. Will he give life a second chance?in Romance
More Stories