Mental Patience Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PayDay
PayDay
55 Followers

Elijah placed his beer down on a cardboard bar coaster atop the flimsy Swedish table and headed on out towards the balcony to do just as he said, but really to allow Heather and her friends to sort out the collective. He just wanted to be Heather's friend, to be around her until she understood; her friends wanted another, more storybook scenario.

"Ok," said Heather.

"Ew," said Jennifer obviously audible.

"Gross, smoker's breath. How do you kiss him," coded Trisha as Elijah walked out the door.

"Maybe I'll just try and explain slowly when we are alone." Elijah said it to himself repeatedly as he puffed away at his cigarette, fifteen stories above the city. "Ahhh... that calms the shakes..." he said to himself in a mocking tone before laughing aloud. He didn't have any real friends. Heather could be his friend if he showed her the definition of the word.

This was their fifth 'date' even though each was set by "So hey what are you doing right now" and they only kissed once after the first not really date. Elijah could not have stopped himself from interfering, at the time, for Heather was too beautiful in that light on that night.

He was trying to let her figure things out for herself. She was a nice girl who deserved that.

Elijah was never one to intentionally pressure a person. He asked her to hang out because she occasionally saw greater things and never had a real boyfriend, she was the same age as he was, and maybe she could bridge the gap back to his family. He missed his family, not their foils, but the familiar human contact. Even after a year of college, she kept waiting for Elijah, and he knew it.

The problem was that Elijah was attracted to this girl. She was his forbidden fruit, and she could not possibly know what she was getting into.

"Maybe," he thought after he inadvertently kissed, "I can just protect her from the people that can hurt her, do it slowly."

He would have to take her on his idea for a perfect date. She would get to know him then. It took excessive planning to figure it out, the combination of five separate dates into one. Elijah hoped it would show Heather the way things could be; that he could show her so many things, and that she would see the truth: that he was not only different, but very much so, and that it could all be for her.

At least on the balcony he didn't have to watch that predictable network show about the Emergency Room. One more "Oh my gawd can you believe they did that?!" and Elijah was liable to vomit in reply, lung cancer be damned just for the excuse.

Sure, the show looked pretty, and the medical data was accurate, but based on the fact that Heather was the homely one of her friends, and that the two pretty ones would fuck her over in an instant for a crack at Elijah, pretty and accurate was worth nothing in his mind.

"Boob tube..." Elijah said aloud, to no one in particular. He was alone as it was.

For an instant, he thought of leaping, and ending a few unsolvable and truly unbelievable debates - the kinds that cannot be done on Television and that can only be done once. The kinds of debates that show the finite limits.

***

The apparency (yup) of the lack of comfort was truly obvious on a long road trip, but it was something he had only recently begun to do - road trip, that is. High speeds on the highway were not a problem, as long as the paving was adequate and the road debris minimal. Elijah knew which local roads were smooth, but the stop and go of unknown city streets, or the awful potholes from winter salt and snowplows, took their toll on his body, mind, and vehicle.

He was running through the changes of the new model of the car he had owned since before he could drive and was currently driving. Considering the customized state, the car he was in was actually quite nicer than the 'basketcase' it began as; it was repaired, upgraded in every way, and fully adjustable - though manually adjustable. He was planning the modifications he was going to do when he upgraded to the new model, along with adjustments and fabrications to this current car to add some comfort, as he drove Heather to the ferry.

"Three more years soldier," he thought as he absently patted the dash. "Savings, home, then I drive the dream car, and then you can relax in storage."

The word 'patience' was echoing in his mind as he heard Heather speak over the blaring radio that she constantly changed while flipping through his CDs. "There's nothing on the radio," in point of fact, there was, "and I've never heard of any of these bands. This sucks." Heather continued to scan Top 40 and flip through talent.

"Did you make these CDs?" Heather almost looked impressed even though the discs were labeled in unknown things.

"Yup."

"Is there only one song per band? This CD has, like, twenty on it." Heather was pointing to one of many well labeled, unscratched discs in the case. After driving for forty-five minutes, she still had not asked where they were going, she surely did not know where they were, and no one song had played through the speakers for more than thirty seconds.

"They are mp3 CDs." Elijah spoke as he softly muscled out her hand from in front of the stereo to turn down the volume. He glanced over to her form, buckled but sitting crossed legs in the seat. Her newer canvas sneakers were on the upholstery, but her jean shorts were riding high on her thighs, with her cleavage in a delicious state even if she was wearing a less than revealing t-shirt and covering the skin: All thanks to the seat belt, the racing seat, and the generous size of her chest.

Heather's brunette curls were blowing in the air of the slightly parted window, even though the air conditioning was on and the car smelled of newer upholstery. "M- P- what?" Her hazel eyes and luscious lips were displaying wondrous curiosity that made him swoon.

"M- P- three. The better version of the mp2, better clarity. More music, less space, easier accessibility. You watch, everyone will be in on it someday."

"Is that the computer stuff you do? Like on the Internet? I don't mess with that stuff." The denial and ignorance oozed innocent sex without her knowledge. The curiosity returned when Elijah spoke again.

"You will. In fact, most everyone with computer access will. One day computer classes will be mandatory instead of electives. They can only make money off of it if they get everyone in on it. I mean, you don't even have to code your own HTML anymore..."

"What?"

"You know like web pages? Like something dot com or dot net."

"What?"

"Nevermind..." Elijah said aloud as he thought of a future filled with endless available information and understanding yet knowing it was not in his lifetime. He pointed towards the case, at one disc in particular. "Why don't you try that one. Yup, that's the one."

"This one," Heather spoke as she pointed to the disc with the word 'Trafalgar' written upon it, along with others names and words she had never seen before in combination. Heather looked almost glad for his choice to end her indecision, her relief once again done in a purely sexual manner without intent. "Is it good?"

"The best, it's proof that no matter how much talent an artist or a group of artists have, or that anyone has, really... that selling out to the whims will ruin everything."

"Well I've never heard of this band," she spoke as she pulled out the disc and inserted it into the player.

"Sure you have, Hot Stuff, it's the Bee-Gees."

"TheBee-Gees? You're going to make me listen toDisco? I don't want to listen to this." Heather looked appalled.

"First off, no one is making you do anything. Second, it wasn't always Disco. Once it was beautiful, and they called it Trafalgar, named after a great battle. You won't understand unless you listen." Elijah had paused with his finger on the volume knob of the head unit, after selecting the proper folder of the disc.

"Fine, if you say so." Heather huffed as she crossed her arms in the seat, waiting impatiently and speaking very little more until they arrived at the ferry, not even a critique of the tunes. He silently wished she would ask about the battle and why he thought the album held that title.

"Patience," his mind said to it's self. "If you can do right, she can see more."

***

"This is Lou," Lou was short and chubby: "This is Bud," Bud was taller with a high hair line, slightly older, and standing next to Lou: "This is Dave," Dave was bald with glasses and a creepy smile (read: leer) that did not seem to offend: "...and this is Bob," Bob was totally average, though the tallest of his group of friends and probably a past high school athlete. He was glaring angrily at Elijah, but longingly at Nicole.

"Really?" Elijah said to temporary confused glances, as if the references slipped them by, just before he was excellently interrupted.

"...and I'm Linda," the thin, pale, and perky blonde bombshell spoke as she thrust her hand out between the 'boys' to introduced herself while still bouncing to her new position. Elijah caught her code of 'nice catch' to Nicole; Linda was extremely stealthy in her word-filled-silence, almost unseen; their's (ha) would be a tough code to crack.

Her blonde was obviously natural, ever so slightly golden at the roots, and her smooth pearl skin matched the occasional beauty mark here or there on her visible flesh. Her nails were as dark purple as her eyes also appeared to be, and her politely constrained breasts would easily inspire female envy as it was obvious gravity was losing the war.

"Nice to meet you all," Elijah spoke casually after releasing Linda's hand and ignoring Bob's hate filled stare to the touch. "Shall we?" he motioned with one hand towards the chain steakhouse as the other set of finger tips softly felt the exposed skin at the small of Nicole's back - just above the low waistline of the flared bottom jeans.

The group followed Elijah's suggestion, not at all based on his greater size or more maintained vehicle, with Lou, Bud, and Dave leading the way ahead of Angry Bob, who was next to Linda, who was next to Nicole - conversing, giggling, and chatting away. None of the first three young men held the door, but Elijah did for the remaining three members of the group, including Angry Bob, who was the only one to not reach for a feel, and the only one to glare.

In the four minutes since they had all met, the only personality in the group Elijah would have a potential problem with was good-old cock-blocking Angry Bob.

Elijah knew everyone was different, even twins, and that there was always someone better at something else. Poor good-old cock-blocking Angry Bob did not, and he was in love with Nicole first, and Linda second. He must have slept with them once and gotten hooked.

Elijah was going to ignore him, and feed his anger, because it was the better thing to do, better than ruining everyone's evening early.

***

As it turned out, Lou and Bud fit their nomenclature by being two of the wittiest people that Elijah had ever met, with Linda and Nicole close seconds. Dave, on the other end, was master of the obvious, and funny as hell, always closing each conversation with an ultimate line.

Over a ginormous (yup) fried onion and waiting on various meats, it became apparent to Elijah that these six had known each other for a long time, and that Nicole was indeed telling the truth about her separation, as none of her friends past Angry Bob seemed to mind him being there.

In fact, Angry Bob was the only one not having a good time and the only one drinking too much. He was, as well, quite jealous of the seating arrangements, as Elijah had Dave between himself and Linda, yet still received more attention than Angry Bob, who was seated directly next to her.

The fact that Elijah was ignoring Angry Bob was making things worse for later on. He knew Nicole could see it; her hand went to Elijah's thigh to attempt to hold him back when it was not necessary, as Drunk Angry Bob began Linda touch interference patterns on everyone, as if to protect her from evil. Elijah knew this was going to end in a bad way, but if it did not, Bob would never learn, and he and Nicole would never be proper.

They sat for three hours, leaving just before closing, Elijah quietly dropping a generous tip, above and beyond the required, for the staff's hard work, without regard to the fact that no one asked it of him, and that no one but the waitress saw him do it. Lou had in fact, seen it, despite acting as if he had not, and would indeed tell everyone later on in the week.

"So where to now, boys?" Linda was leaning against her car's trunk, on her elbows and sitting on the bumper, as she asked. Nicole was leaning into Elijah on his right, next to Linda, with her hand in his empty rear pocket, tickling his cheek, while the rest of the group stood in semi-circle around and back to Linda; Drunk Angry Bob was leaning with one hand on her trunk to steady and absently chewing on bits of food left in his mouth.

Dave was the first to speak, interrupting Drunk Angry Bob's attempt. "We could go to Mos Eisley and book passage on a freighter to Alderan or something?"

Bud was next to speak: "Nah, I don't like Jawas, they smell like poodoo."

Lou was next, inciting a laugh from everyone but Bob as he spoke "What's wrong with Jews and puppies? You Imperials only know 'killing and white uniforms.' "

Oddly enough, it was Nicole who was next. "Well I don't want to be around any Wookies, 'cause I didn't bring a lint roller for this black top." As everyone but Bob laughed, Elijah slipped his right fingers past the waistband of Nicole's jeans, hooking his thumb into a belt loop and wrapping his fingers around her hip beneath the fabric; Nicole was not wearing panties.

Only Linda, if she had been looking, or Drunk Angry Bob - but only just barely - could have seen Elijah's fast hands.

"...bunch of nerds..." Linda spoke as the laughter faded, just long enough to get out a thought, but not enough to finish it before Drunk Angry Bob spoke.

"Let's go to my place and chill." Drunk Angry Bob had seen the fast hands, and he almost hiccup'd/burped when he spoke. He was looking at Linda's back window now, fighting, yet feeding, his own rage.

"I don't want to go to your basement." Bud said.

"Right? It's all moist, like a torture pit." Dave said to laughter.

"Plus your mom is home on Fridays." Lou said.

"It puts it's dishes in the sink or else it gets the hose," Linda added in.

"We could go to my club?" Nicole let it hang in the air to the subsiding laughter of all but Bob. He jumped on it, as if he knew her question was coming.

"Yeah. Let's go," Drunk Angry Bob butted in, almost ready to split Elijah and Nicole with his hands. The words from Lou stopped everyone though.

"I'm not 21 for a couple months." Lou had driven Bud.

"I'm not either, but it should be fine." Dave said, Dave had driven Bob.

"I don't think so." Elijah added.

"Really?" Nicole said, Elijah wondering why she did not know the rules to the club.

"Yeah, what do you know?" Drunk Angry Bob had finally stopped holding back.

"I know state law," Elijah replied, calmly, suddenly as he stood still; the end to his dancing and swaying caught Nicole's attention as his fingers ever so slightly gripped her hipbone with more strength. Nicole's hand on his abs felt the muscles tighten, lift, and move more than they should have been able too.

"Oh yeah..." Drunk Angry Bob raised his deadly pointer finger and aimed it at Elijah, but before he could finish, Elijah showed him and added force behind his words. Nicole felt the vibration of his voice run thorough her body, and she was enjoying the sensation.

"The age is eighteen for gentlemen's clubs unless the establishment sells alcohol, at which time, the age for access becomes twenty-one." Elijah said no more.

"Toldyou," Dave said, causing smiles and breaking tension.

"Wellwe'regoing anyway, 'cause you don't know what you're talking about." Drunk Angry Bob was barely stumbling as he walked to Dave's car without waiting on anyone else, he had much practice. He was only thinking of Linda and Jezebel dancing naked in front of his eyes, forgetting they would only be patrons.

"I've got to get home, I have to work tomorrow." Lou threw in once Bob was gone.

"Yeah, me too, plus it's like an hour back to my house from there." Bud added.

"Then I guess, Linda you can ride with us, and we'll follow you, Eli," Dave suggested.

"Alright, sounds like a plan. Nice to meet you," Elijah said to the departing as he removed his hand from the top of Nicole's pants, catching Linda's coded 'hey now' to Nicole at the motion. "Ladies first," he spoke to Nicole as he waved towards the passenger's door of his car, the one he intended to open for her.

"Such a gentleman," Nicole said to Elijah, the half truth in a perfectly false austere accent that screamed Judy Garland in her golden years. "Bye-bye, boys," she said with a wave and a kiss to the leaving, mock accent unchanged.

Shortly after, a slightly disappointed looking Linda climbed into the back of Dave's car to a Leering Drunk Angry Bob staring at her ass. If she had not pulled the seat of the two door car back to it's un-tilted position, he surely would have climbed in the back with her.

***

"You've got to pay cover, Jess, 'cause you're not working. Boss's orders," the big doorman, Elijah's size, but overweight, looked sad as he stopped the group at the door.

"That's cool, I got it," Elijah volunteered as he was handing the doorman a bill.

"...and I need to see ID from everyone, Jess." The doorman still had a look of sadness at his words, and a look of warning towards Drunker Angry Bob. Chain restaurant or not, the place mixed a hell of a rum and coke, and all six of the ones he ordered continued to hit in waves.

"You mean it's not eighteen?" Nicole was trying the 'sexy question' trick on the doorman.

"Not when there is a liquor license."

"I don't have enough left for the cover." Linda said next.

Elijah put the bill he was handing out back into his pocket, knowingly rolling his eyes to the doorman who smiled in agreement. They both knew, had the other two young men not been with the group, Elijah could have avoided all of the hubbub and walked right in.

Elijah decided to take a few steps away from the entrance and back towards his car. He lit a cigarette and waited for the inevitable.

Halfway through his cigarette, the group joined him away from the door.

"Well, let's go to my house." Drunker Angry Bob was at it again.

"I'm going home, that means you are going home, Bob." Dave spoke.

"Well then you. Eli or whatever. G-give me a ride to my house, and you and Nikki and Linda and me can all chill and hook up." Drunker Angry Bob was staring at Nicole's crotch, as if her jeans were not there.

"I don't think so, Bob." Elijah had spoken to him in the firmest possible tone without aggression. "Linda, if you want a ride back to your car, no problem, it is sort of the wrong direction, but I'll do it."

"Nah," she said with a wave of the hand, "Dave can take me after we drop off Bob." Linda was ready to call it a night as it was, maybe she'd make a pass at Dave and invite him over for some friendly fun, while they were alone.

"We're all going to my house." Drunker Angry Bob was showing his true colors. He had almost yelled in his fury, and he caught the relaxing doorman's attention.

Elijah stood up straight, still surprising in his speed and change, before he spoke only to Asshole Bob: "No."

Nicole had seen this transformation before, once on the boat, once in his car. Instead of fleeting, or directed at her, Elijah was steady and aimed at Asshole Bob. Given such an opportunity, Nicole began to study Elijah.

PayDay
PayDay
55 Followers