Meteor Shower

Story Info
Married woman collides with hunk at business seminar.
3.2k words
4.28
48.9k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cordelia
Cordelia
11 Followers

Miranda gave a small sigh of resignation and slumped forward against the steering wheel. She had been staring at the taillights of the Chevy pickup for the last twenty minutes. And it didn't look as though the scenery was going to change any time soon.

She reached into the CD carrier attached to her sun visor and chose some music. "Hmmm, Ella, perhaps..." she thought. Something she could sing along to.

Miranda smiled slightly as Nelson Riddle's orchestra broke the silence in the car. She needed something -- anything -- to take her mind off of the day's events. This stop-and-go traffic was doing nothing to stop her remembering the conference she'd been attending all day. And Robert. She just couldn't stop thinking about Robert.

Miranda had arrived at the Saturday conference an hour late, having spent a good portion of the morning lost in unfamiliar traffic and streets.

When she'd finally found the hotel, the morning's workshops had already begun, so she slipped into the classroom and had to stand at the back. Though it felt good to be standing after her three-hour drive had stretched into a five-hour ordeal, Miranda hoped a seat would become available. She leaned back, propped her foot against the wall, and rested her notebook on her knee and began to take notes.

Just as her hand began to cramp from the effort of taking notes, Miranda looked up and saw a familiar smile. Robert entered, carrying a chair under each arm. He pulled them against the wall and motioned for Miranda to sit. She smiled gratefully, and sat down next to him, smoothing the skirt of her gray business suit over her thighs.

"I am surprised to see you here, Miranda," Robert whispered to her.

Miranda smiled warmly, "It was a last minute decision. And besides, this time the company is picking up the tab."

Miranda remembered Robert from previous functions, as they were in a similar profession, and lived in a relatively small town.

"How're the kids?" Robert asked softly.

"Home with Dave," Miranda said, "he is much better at keeping them entertained than I."

Robert smiled again, making Miranda catch her breath. His leg brushed against hers.

"I find you highly entertaining, " he said, his blue eyes sparkling, "you look delicious today."

Robert's eyes dropped to Miranda's crossed legs. She laughed softly, delighting in the warmth spreading over her face.

She spent the rest of the workshop taking notes and casting sidelong glances at Robert. She sighed softly at the way he stretched his legs. She inhaled the smell of his cologne letting the scent of it seep down her spine straight to that spot deep in her stomach that made her shiver with pleasure.

When the presentation ended and Robert went to speak to the instructor, Miranda stayed in her seat to watch Robert make his way across the room -- his khaki-clad legs so long and muscular. She trembled slightly at the way he smiled at her on his way back.


The rest of the afternoon was a blur for Miranda. It was an endless droning of speakers, punctuated only with dry banquet fare, handshakes and brochures. The evening proved better, however, when Miranda made her way to her car to get her dinner clothes. She had planned on changing in the ladies' room and sitting in the coffee shop until dinnertime, but in the parking lot she heard her name being called in a hearty voice, "Miranda! Honeycakes!"

She turned to see Lewis, her friend and mentor, gliding towards her to sweep her up in a great bear hug. Lewis was a retired engineer who had helped her get started in her business, and her joy at seeing him spilled out of her in girlish giggles.

Lewis offered to let her use his hotel suite to change her clothes and to sip tea with him to pass the time before the banquet. She hugged him gratefully and followed him into the elevator.

They arrived at Lewis' room, and he motioned her towards the bathroom.

Miranda shrugged out of her suit and stood in her black satin panties and bra, admiring her figure in the mirror. She took some stockings out of her bag and slipped them on over her legs. They were black with a touch of lace at the top where the elastic hugged her thigh. Her hands brushed the smooth skin of her leg above the stocking top. Her eyes closed slightly at this feeling, and her hand moved on its own to slip inside the edge of her panties. Just as she felt the moist edge of her sex, her eyes flew open. "What am I doing?" she muttered to herself, remembering where she was. Miranda took a deep sighing breath and dressed in the red gown she brought and slipped into her high heels. She brushed her hair, put on a touch of lipstick and stood back to look at herself in the mirror. She knew her black hair looked particularly good against the deep red velvet, and she smiled. The dress was clingy, mid-calf length, and had wide straps that Miranda slid over her shoulders. She put the matching jacket on and decided she was ready. She emerged from the bathroom and turned the corner, startled to find Robert with Lewis busily making tea in the kitchenette. Lewis stopped and gazed at Miranda and gave a low whistle.

"Hello there," Robert smiled at her, not bothering to disguise the admiration in his eyes, "You look fantastic."

Miranda smiled and blushed slightly, "You look pretty good yourself," she said, noticing the tailored suit and how well it fit Robert's shoulders. Their eyes locked for what seemed like an eternity. Lewis broke the silence.

"Well, well, well! I had no idea you two knew each other," Lewis beamed at them, chuckling heartily.

The three of them sat and sipped tea and conversed until dinnertime. The space between Miranda and Robert was filled with electricity. Robert gazed solely at Miranda, never letting her forget he was there. Miranda spent much of the time reminiscing and laughing with Lewis. She tried hard not to let her eyes lock onto Robert's for too long. She felt her skin tingle and her nipples harden each time he smiled his disarming smile. She hoped Lewis hadn't noticed how many times she'd blushed.

Much too soon, Lewis announced that it was time to go downstairs for the festivities. The speeches were long and the food was overcooked, but Miranda hardly noticed. All she was aware of was Robert's nearness, his cologne, and his smile. He placed his hand on her arm, and she smiled at him with a touch of invitation. She let the warmth of his lingering hand seep over her body, wondering how his hands would feel on her breasts or her belly. Her mind began to plot ways to stay when the dinner was over. Robert leaned over during dessert and whispered, "So, do you have a room for the night?" Miranda trembled at the feel of his breath on her neck, "No, Dave is expecting me back tonight." Robert looked away. Her husband's name hung like a cloud between them. Did she see Robert's smile fade just a little bit? Lewis turned to them, "Wasn't Lisa supposed to come with you this time, Rob?" "Yeah, but she couldn't get the time off of work," Robert finally stated, bringing the cloud a bit lower. Dinner ended and Lewis handed Miranda his key so she could get her things from his room for the long drive home.

She gathered her clothes and notes and piled them into her car, then returned to give Lewis his key. She found him in the bar and she sat to have a cup of coffee. She knew the drive was going to be a long one, and it was already 10:30.

A few minutes later, Robert entered the bar. Miranda smiled and her heart began to pound. He sat next to her, letting his leg rest against hers. He ordered a glass of wine, and then looked at Miranda. The pressure of his knee against her thigh had her blood turning to molten desire.

"Are you sure you should be driving all that way home tonight, honeycakes?" Lewis sounded concerned.

"Yes, it is rather late to be going all that way," Robert smiled, his clear blue eyes holding Miranda's again.

She felt his hand under the table. It tentatively touched her knee, and then slid seductively to her thigh. His fingers began to toy with the top of her stocking through the material of her dress. He looked up at her.

She saw the invitation in Robert's eyes and she trembled and shook her head, "No, I need to drive home tonight."

"You really aren't staying?" Robert said, a touch of disappointment in his voice. He set his room key on the table and gave Miranda a significant look.

Miranda trembled again. She knew an invitation when she saw it. Her brain reeled. Common sense was telling her about the drive home and her husband waiting for her. Every other part of her body yearned to touch Robert. She could feel the moist touch of lust between her legs. Her heart pounded in her ears.

Miranda took a deep breath and let it sigh softly out as common sense prevailed and she rose and picked up her purse. She hugged Lewis tightly, and stuttered a quick goodbye towards Robert, and left the bar, hurrying before she changed her mind. Her thoughts sent tingles straight to her spine, and she paused in the lobby to tell herself to breathe.

She heard footsteps hurrying to catch her, and she took another deep breath before turning slowly. Robert stopped just in front of her.

"Why not stay and have a few drinks with us," he smiled that winning smile that lasered straight through her resolve. He stepped towards her, his face inches from hers.

"Did anyone ever tell you that you are hard to resist, Robert?" Miranda whispered.

He smiled again, "It's your eyes, Miranda. They are lovely."

She was speechless. He cupped her chin in his hand and looked into her eyes. Tears sprung to them before she could look away. Her breath caught in her throat and she let out a small choking sigh.

"I can't...." Miranda remembered to breathe just before she turned and walked towards her car. She knew if she looked back, she wouldn't leave.

"Just keep walking," she told herself all across the parking lot. She sat in her car and rested her forehead against the freezing steering wheel until the trembling stopped.

So here she was, sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic, having used up every ounce of her self-control, wondering why she was in her car. Miranda let her mind drift again to the steamy embrace she could be in right now. She pulled her dress up, and her hand slipped between her thighs. She felt the lace edge of her panties.

"No, no.....not now," she told herself. And she pulled her hand back to the steering wheel. But her mind went back to Robert. She turned the music up and began to belt out, "The Man I Love" along with Ella Fitzgerald. She had to keep her mind on something besides her raging thoughts of lust.

By the time she made it out of the city limits, it looked as though her three-hour drive would stretch into a five-hour one. And it was already one o'clock. She turned up the heat a bit as the surrounding strip malls gave way to pine trees and week-old snowdrifts.

Miranda yawned. She was going to need some help staying awake for the rest of this drive. She took the next freeway exit and drove up the mountain road to a tiny gas station. She pulled over and got out of the car. The brisk mountain air hit her bare shoulders, and she slipped on her coat. She inhaled deeply and watched her breath come out in a light mist. The cold air woke her up a little and she closed her eyes and let the pine-scented cold seep over her fevered body.

She picked her way across the parking lot, careful to avoid the snow patches that remained from the last storm. The convenience store was warm and music played softly as she poured herself a large cup of coffee. She put in a bit of cream and stirred, watching the colors swirl. She put a plastic lid on the cup and wandered to the front of the store, stopping to pick up a bag of jellybeans.

There were few people in here at this time of night, and the man behind the counter stared as Miranda walked towards him.

"Going to a party?" he asked, letting his eyes travel over Miranda's gown and heels before stopping to gaze at the low-cut neckline.

Miranda smiled, "Just leaving one."

The man in front of her turned from his purchases and gazed with the same appreciation at this petite brunette in red velvet. He whistled softly.

"And you are going home alone?" He shook his head in mock disbelief.

Miranda smiled. She knew she was still flushed from her troubled thoughts, and she chuckled softly at the thought of wandering into a backroads mountain store at nearly 2 am dressed in evening clothes. She set her coffee down and paid the clerk.

Miranda got back into her car, her nerves still a-buzz from the caffeine and the desire running through her body. She sped back onto the freeway and turned on the radio.

A man's voice came over the speakers, "Be sure to find a dark, clear spot and check out tonight's meteor shower," he announced, "it's supposed to be spectacular!"

Miranda considered the possibility. She could use a bit of nature's show to keep her from her thoughts of lust. And the thought of cooling her body in the chill mountain air made her heart jump.

She drove along, hoping the other side of the pass would bring a break in the cloud cover. Every few miles she looked up and saw fewer clouds. By the time she reached the other side of the pass, the clouds were sporadic, and Miranda could see the stars. She took the next exit and found a logging road that headed away from the lights and the freeway. She drove until she could see no evidence of civilization except the tire tracks in front of her.

Miranda pulled her coat back on and got out of the car. She went to the trunk and got out a couple of old blankets she kept in there, and spread them across the hood of the car. She climbed onto them and sighed to the sky. Her breath floated out in front of her in a warm mist.

The sky was a riot of stars. In between them, pinpoints of light shot by... one... two... three... four… with each breath Miranda took. She exhaled a small sound of wonder as the heavens rained down upon her warm body. She shivered in delight at her private show.

Her shiver brought her mind back to her body, which was still aching with desire. She slipped her cool hand into the plunging neckline of her gown, and rested her fingers on her nipple, which was already hard. Her body responded instantly.

Miranda groaned slowly and rubbed her hand softly over her nipple. The effect on her body mirrored the sky as tingles rippled across her skin. She smiled and looked up as she pinched her nipple between her fingers, rolling it slightly and letting the pleasure wash over her.

She felt all the desire that had built up during the day begin to slide down her spine. Her right hand, being otherwise unoccupied, slipped beneath her skirt and traced a line up the inside of her thigh. She felt the binding at the top of her stocking and traced her cool fingers along the skin at the edge of the lace.

The memory of Robert's voice thrummed through her nerves, sending waves of pleasure down her spine and through her skin to where her fingers brushed. She sighed and relaxed into the feeling. She needed the release.

Miranda's hand moved of its own accord. It slipped under the waistband of her black satin panties and over the soft black hair between her legs. Her skirt was pulled up to her waist, displaying her legs to the night sky. She slipped her panties off and tossed them aside.

Miranda closed her eyes and Robert's smile appeared before her. The sound of his whisper reverberated in her ears and touched a spot deep in her stomach – that same spot that tightens when one is looking over a precipice. She felt her sex moisten in response.

Her fingers plunged between her labia with a sort of delicate urgency. She softly rubbed the moist flesh just above her wet entrance, and just below her clit, a small moan escaping her lips. Her hips rocked gently against her hand, pushing her fingers first towards her clit, then slightly deeper into her pussy. Each time her hips rolled, her fingers plunged deeper, and with each settling back, her fingers brushed her clit. She opened her eyes and took her cue from the heavens. Her rhythm played a counterpoint to the dropping stars.

Soon Miranda's hips were bucking. Her fingers slid deep into her, and her thumb took up the place at her clit. She arched her back and let the universe attend to itself. All she needed was this pleasure. Her lips parted, whispering Robert's name in desire's own voice.

As wave after wave of shuddering overcame Miranda's body, her fingers slowly clutched and found the places within her that made her skin sing. The vibrations stopped her breath briefly until she gasped. All Miranda's thoughts disintegrated in the barrage of pleasure-waves on all her senses. Her head fell back and a pure sound escaped from her throat, almost animal in its lust-filled agony.

The sky showered Miranda with light, and she smiled up at it in understanding. A coyote howled in response to the cries of Miranda's release. The sound shook her, and her fingers responded by plunging deep into her pussy, which was already soaked with her juices. She howled back to the coyote.

Her body, hot with pleasure, writhed on the hood of the car. Her left hand pulled the straps of her dress and her bra down off of her shoulders, baring her nipples to the sagebrush and the pines. She sat up and pushed her hips desperately into her hand. Her knees were up and her legs spread, her skirt bunched at her waist. Her breasts were pushed forward and her head tossed back, dark hair brushing her bare back. She cried out again and again and her back arched as she brought herself to climax after climax.

The pent-up lust finally subsided, and Miranda sat back, feeling the chill air drying the sweat trickling between her breasts. She smiled once again at the sky and the sky responded with another flash of falling stars. The breeze brought the smell of wet sagebrush to Miranda's heightened senses. The smell was one of her favorite scents. If the earth and sky made love, the sheets they soaked would smell like sage after a rain.

Miranda climbed off of the hood of the car and let her skirt fall over her wet, bare buttocks. She lifted her straps back over her shoulders and breathed the scent of the air.

"Robert..." she whispered to the still-showering stars.

Cordelia
Cordelia
11 Followers