Mi Familia Ch. 01

Story Info
Prologue and first chapter; a story about 3 friends.
1.2k words
4.05
20.2k
7

Part 1 of the 18 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 02/27/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
srlmort
srlmort
81 Followers

Prologue

"Well damnit...would you look at that," Vince Tolliver said while looking through the pictures on the computer. The three photos were of he and his friends, Diante Morillo and Jared McKnight. They were standing in front of their high school, Juarez Middle.

Diante laughed, looking at is short hair cut, pointing, "Wow, what a terrible do. I'll never do that again."

"Why not, I kinda like it," Jared chimed in. "Although I love the long dreads now because they suit you better."

"Exactly my point. That cut didn't fit my face. My cheeks are way too fat to have my hair that short."

"Oh whatever," Vince said. "Nothin' wrong with how you looked then or now. I'm just glad these weren't lost in the..." Vince hesitated.

Jared and Diante rubbed his shoulders. A tear ran down his face when he thought of the "accident" that almost claimed his life. "Oh shit...why do I do that?"

"Listen, you need to stop thinking about that, okay, it was a horrible time but it doesn't mean you need to dwell on it." Diante gripped the bigger man's biceps.

"Yeah, you don't, everything's okay now," Jared added.

Vince stiffened while rubbing his eyes. The scene kept playing in his mind on a loop. He'd never forget that day but as his best friends had reminded him, it was a terrible time gone by. "I know, I...right..." he sniffed. Vince swiveled in the chair turning to Diante and Jared. "Um, I need to go take a smoke." He got up in haste, bolting for the door, leaving Diante and Vince standing there. Once he reached the back porch, he fumbled with the pack of Marlboro's while grabbing the lighter from his pocket.

After lighting the cancer stick, he took a quick toke while looking out onto the water, admiring the colors.

I wish I would have saved them...

The moisture continued to flow down his cheeks when thinking of the unfortunate incident. He hands shook as he tried to draw the nicotine out the cigarette. While blowing smoke into the air, Vince tried focusing on what had happened since then.

"I have it all..." he muttered. "A wonderful family, we're financially secure, we have the world at our fingertips. Why can't I get over this?"

"Because it's hard to forget..." The voice of Diante came from behind him. "Baby, listen, that was years ago. This is your life now, okay?" Vince felt Diante's hot breath on his ear.

"I know...it's..." Vince bit his lip. "Just hard, I...that damn shrink ain't helpin' much."

"You just started going," Vince heard Jared say.

"And that was only after we forced you to." The sound of Diante's words rang in his head.

"Yep, and I'm paying..."

"We're paying..." Jared interrupted.

"Yeah okay...I keep forgetting about that we stuff."

"Well don't, it's not about me anymore, it's we. We do everything, and we will get you through this."

"Just like we've always done even before now." Vince leaned back into Diante when the smaller man wrapped his arms around his waist. "I love you, Vince, we both do. We're here for you..."

Vince closed his eyes when Jared rubbed his neck. "Yep, we are and always will be."

He flicked the Marlboro after taking his last toke. "I know...believe me I do. I'm glad I have the two of you to remind me."

"Always..." Jared added.

"Forever," Diante said directly after.

Vince sighed, "Yes...Always and forever, one happy family..."

Chapter One, Part One

Vincent Anthony Tolliver hated going to school. He felt it was a total waste of time, and wished he could just sit at home, watch television, and play the latest video games.

"Shit..." he mouthed to himself, looking through his drawer for matching socks.

"Vince, get your ass down here...now...your dad is runnin' late." The sound of his stepmother's voice rang loudly as he found a pair that was close to a match. He bounced on his bed, putting them on quickly before reaching for his dingy Nike's.

"Damn..." he opened his eyes wide while getting an inadvertent whiff of the disgusting smell.

"Vinnnnceeee..." The call was louder.

"Goddamnit Thelma, I'm comin'..." he yelled back.

"Don't you curse at me young man..." she retorted.

Vince shook his head, getting up from the mattress. He checked his jeans in the full length mirror, pulling them out a little.

"These make me look gay..." he said to himself. He laughed, grabbing the nearest t-shirt from among the semi dirty clothes on the floor. "Oh yeah..." he smelled the sleeves. "This will do..."

Vince shook the shirt out before stretching over his head. The old Guns and Roses tee was a hand me down from his older brother. "Perfect, I guess..." he muttered.

He grabbed his cigarettes off the chest along with his matches. Vince kicked the path of filthy garments on the floor making a way towards the door. Once he closed it and grasped his bookbag, he ran down the stairs only to look into the eyes of his stepmother who had a scowl on her face. She popped him upside his head.

"Ow..." he yelped.

"Don't you ever talk like that to me, you hear? Now get your ass out there so Vic can take you to school."

"Yeah, whatever,bye..." Vince rolled his eyes, moving away when his stepmother tried to reach out for him. He hated when she tried to show affection after being brutal.

"Vince, you come back here and give mom a kiss..." she said with a wry smile.

"No way..." He ran out the front door, jumping in the car, leaving her standing there.

Once Vince got in his dad gave him a surly look. "Don't you know I need to be there at nine?"

"Look, you couda left. I didn't ask you to drop me off, that woman you married put you up to it didn't she." Vince lit his cigarette.

His dad peered at him, shaking his head. "Look son, she's just tryin' to be nurturing."

Vince blew the smoke out the window. "Nurturing my ass. I dunno why the hell you married this bimbo. I can't believe you just replaced mom like that..."

"Son, I been lonely. When mother died I was an emotional wreck. Thelma has helped me through some tough times."

"Fuck that, okay. I don wanna hear that shit. Mom died of breast cancer, you don't smear her memory by shacking up with a stripper," Vince snapped.

Vince saw Vic's hand coming in his direction but he blocked it. He grabbed his father's wrist. "Don't try that again! I'm walkin'..."

"You listen to me, Vincent. You're gettin' too disrespectful in your older age." Vic pulled his hand away, shaking a finger in his son's face.

"Fuck you..." he glared at Vic, grabbing the handle as he got out. He ran in the other direction as his dad continued to yell. Vince ignored it, running down the sidewalk in the direction of Juarez Middle School. Juarez was one of the roughest schools on the south side of Los Angeles. The area was popular with gangs and drug dealers, Vince found a way to avoid both.

Possibly, it could've been because Vince was so big for his age. At sixteen, he was nearly six feet. His muscular frame was quite menacing and for the most part, his tough attitude had kept people from bothering him.

Vince slowed down a little when he came to the corner. The young man abhorred taking this particular route because he knew he would pass through a gang zone but due to his father upsetting him, he couldn't think straight.

"Fuck..." he threw the cigarette into the street, pulling his shoulder strap further up. "Betta watch my back." He sped across.

srlmort
srlmort
81 Followers