Mia Mine Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Carolynn, the receptionist.

"Thank you Carolyn, I do have quite a few things I would like to cover." Mia reached into her bag and pulled out her little notebook she had written her questions and concerns in.

David smiled, "Always prepared, my love."

"Well I told you I tend to get a bit scared and intimidated by doctors, so I didn't want to forget anything." Mia had a very serious look now.

David leaned over and kissed her knitted brow, "That's why I am here my love, to help and support you."

Mia managed a smile and squeezed David's hand.

The doctor himself came out to greet them and lead them to his office.

"Please have a seat in front of my desk Mia, and I assume this is David?"

"Yes Doctor."

"Ok, I am Dr. Perinowski, and I will be the one in charge of Mia's surgery. Now I know we have changed your meds, Mia, so you should be very close to ready for the surgery, at least physically. We will find that out after this meeting, for I will take you back to the exam room afterwards for what should be your final pre-op exam."

David really liked the Doctor's demeanor, very knowledgeable, forthright, but very caring as well. Traits that it seemed harder and harder to find in the overbooked, overworked doctors' offices these days.

Mia started in with her questions.

"I wanted to make sure my electrolysis was enough, for I have read I can't do any more for quite a while after surgery."

"Yes that is true Mia we can check that in the exam."

"How long will I be in the hospital?"

"I say two weeks, but each patient recovers at her own rate."

David listened intently as Mia asked her questions and the Doctor answered each one completely and with compassion. He reassured her she would be able to orgasm, talked about the complete restructuring process. After Mia's questions were all answered, he took out her file to make sure all the necessary pre-op steps had been handled. Even though most of Mia's work had been done with her Doctor in San Francisco, all the files and notes from her medical and psychological history were there.

"Well Mia, I'd say everything is complete. All your pre-op steps have been completed, and I must say, you are one of the most 'ready' patients I've had the pleasure of working with. I have no doubts you are ready and this is what you really want. Let's go into the exam room, and let me do the final physical and we'll get you scheduled. David, please wait for her out in the reception area."

David gave Mia a kiss and walked back out into the reception area. Carolyn smiled as he entered, "Everything go ok on there?"

"Yes, the Doctor is giving her the final physical and then we'll be scheduling the surgery."

"How very exciting, thanks for the heads up, I'll start going through his schedule now."

David sat down and picked up a magazine, only to drop it back down. His mind was too busy going over how his life had been so totally changed, all because of one ferry ride home. He remembered vividly the first time he saw Mia, and how taken he was with her immediately. He thanked the Universe, once again, for creating this beautiful creature, and allowing him to meet the woman who was his soul mate.

He thought of all they had been through in the relatively short time they had been together. How they were such a great team, and worked through all the difficult times using their strengths and energies as one. He knew he had almost given up on finding a relationship that he had dreamed of. He remembered thinking perhaps it was only in dreams, books, and movies that this type of complete sharing existed. He gazed out the window to see the sunlight glimmering off some of the surrounding building's rooftops, the morning dew illuminated in the morning's rays. Mia was his sunlight, illuminating his soul.

₪> * * <₪

The happy shoppers pulled in front of the Foundation house, only to be greeted with the sight of the Foundation's van with all four tires slashed, and black spray paint on both sides of the van demanding "tranys go home!"

Jonathan saw it first and tried to pull into the driveway so Mindy wouldn't see the mess, but it was too late.

Mindy gasped loudly and in a split second, her mood fell into the funk she was used to.

"Well, by the spelling I can see we are dealing with a real mental giant here. Mindy dear, please don't let this ruin your mood. We'll get to the bottom of this attack and make sure we are protected. Besides, you are not a "Trany", even when that word is spelled correctly I don't like it at all. And the other, and most important thing is, you are home dear, this is your home and you belong."

Jonathan marveled at the way Christine handled the situation, reached over to take Mindy's hand in his and give it a squeeze as he looked deeply into her eyes, "Christine is right Mindy, you are home. There are now people who care deeply for you, and will help you and protect you."

Mindy smiled and knew she was falling for Jonathan. She loved the feeling of having him hold her hand while looking so deeply into her eyes. She felt he could look deeply into her soul and she had the distinct feeling he liked what he saw. That made her feel better than any new outfit or electronic toy. She smiled, squeezed Jonathan's hand and said, "Thank you Jonathan, and thank you Christine. I do feel like I'm home, and I love that feeling."

As Christine finished her call to the police to report the vandalism, Jonathan got out of the car to walk around and make sure the vandal was no longer on the property. He did see a spray can tossed into the bushes and made a mental note to report that to the police when they showed up. There was no sign of any person around the property, so he helped the girls out of the car, had them help with the bags, but to walk behind him after they entered the door. He had them stay by the open door, and he walked through the house to make sure no one had gained entry. He was relieved to once again find no one, and went back to the doorway to let the girls know the coast was clear.

Christine took Mindy up to her room and asked Jonathan to watch for the police. It wasn't long before he saw the patrol car pull up and a policeman got out looking at the vandal's bigoted work.

"Do you live here?" he asked Jonathan.

"No, just visiting, I walked around the property and found no one but I did see a spray paint can over in those bushes over there." He pointed to the area where he had seen the can. The policeman went back to his car for his gloves and picked the can up by the sides of the nozzle and put it into his evidence bag. "I bet we'll get some fingerprints from this, good work son."

The policeman stared at Jonathan for a bit and then asked "what are you doing at a house full of transsexuals anyway?"

Jonathan didn't like the tone or the question itself and began walking back to the house. Over his shoulder he said, "let us know if there is anything else we can do to help your investigation."

Jonathan knew full well where this investigation was headed, but hoped there was at least someone in the crime lab that would give the evidence an unbiased look. As he walked into the house, he heard the tail end of Christine's call to the local tire shop about getting some new tires put on the van.

"Well, hopefully that will get everything in motion. I've called the insurance company, the tire place, and the local independent security patrol. I have set it up for them to patrol our street on a twenty four seven basis. I feel so badly for Mindy, she was on such a high, and then to have this happen..... poor girl. Why don't you go up and check on her? She's in the first room I showed you."

Jonathan thought that was a good idea and bounded up the stairs, got to her door and knocked softy.

"C'mon in," he heard softly from inside.

Mindy was laying on her bed looking at his pictures on her new tablet. She looked up and smiled, "did you put these beautiful pictures on my new tablet?"

"Yes, I wanted you to have something to remind you of me when I can't be here with you. I actually took all those myself, and wanted to share them with you."

"Wow! That's even cooler still! These are like professional quality, they are all so beautiful! Thank you so much, you are quite the photographic artist Jonathan."

With that she got up from the bed to stand closely in front of him and looked longingly into his eyes. "You know Jonathan, you keep showing more about you, and each new discovery about you makes me care even more for you. I am kinda scared, that I am starting to have feelings about you, that you might not have about me."

Jonathan reached his hand out and softly caressed Mindy's cheek, "I am having those feelings too Mindy, and although it is a bit scary for me too, I am enjoying them, and being with you very much. I feel a peace within myself when we are together that makes me want more, to learn more about you, and to be with you in an even closer way."

Mindy let her face feel his caress, gave in to the pleasure it created and even moved her head in a way to caress his hand with her cheek. There was a tear falling from her eye, "I want to be as close to you as we possibly can." With that she kissed him, so softly at first, but then she felt him stir, and their kiss became completely passionate. Their bodies meshed together, hands freely roaming the other with exploratory caresses, learning every part of each other.

₪> * * <₪

Mia came out of the back room door, all smiles. "The Doc says everything is a go!"

"That's great Mia, Carolyn here is already working on scheduling your surgery."

"Hi Mia, so glad everything is a go! The Doctor has a free date for your surgery on the Twentieth, that's ten days from today, will that work for you?"

Mia glanced at David, who was smiling and nodding his head, "the Twentieth will work great for us Carolyn, thank you."

Carolyn gave Mia all the necessary pre-op literature and instructions, quite a packet actually. Mia took it and thanked Carolyn again.

"Now please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions or concerns before the surgery. Otherwise, we'll see you at Six AM sharp on the Twentieth."

Mia placed the pre-op file into her brief case and took David's arm, "take us home please sweet man of mine." David laughed and added "my pleasure M'Lady, home it is and shall always be."

They set off to the elevator, their moods also elevated. Mia could not stop the smile on her face, and David could not stop smiling with her. "That was certainly a wonderful appointment. I really like your Doctor, his manor and knowledge mix are just right."

"Oh me too, and I heard such wonderful endorsements about him from my Doctor in San Francisco. It's still a fairly small group, so word gets around about who is good and who isn't."

"Well, only the best for my lady."

Mia's smile faded a bit as her mind remembered the haunting phrase...... "Lady at Last"

₪> * * <₪

Jonathan sat and checked his email while he waited for Mindy to get out of the exam room with the Doctor. This exam was due to last a bit longer, and Christine had told him she had things to get ready so he would have to be on his own for a bit. After seeing he had no real pressing email problems, he let himself think about what was happening. Here he was, getting involved with a transgendered girl he had helped after she had been beaten and thrown from a moving car. He wondered about his feelings, and wondered if he was gay. He let those feelings out of his head, for he had seen nothing but the most feminine attributes and behaviors from Mindy. Like his brother turned sister, she was a girl, a woman, who just happened to have been given male sexual organs in the dice roll that is genetic makeup. He remembered the long talks he had with his brother then sister. How the process of first realizing nature's mistake had taken form to actually trying to right it and fully become the person she truly was. Jonathan remembered all the turmoil and soul searching his sister had to do until she finally came out. He remembered how happy she was when she was actually able to dress and be the woman she was, how free she felt. He also remembered all the hatred and bigotry she had to deal with, starting with their own parents. His Mother was the easier of the two, but it was still a chore to get her to realize it was not a prank or a type of rebellion, but an actual state of being.

Their father, on the other hand, oh man, he was beyond difficult. Jonathan remembered the yelling, the threats, the sheer hatred he had seen on his own father's face. It had taken long, detailed and heartfelt discussions by all three of them, to finally convince him his 'brother' was actually a woman.

As his sister progressed in her transformation, their father came to grips, and his intellectualism took over from his hysterical emotionalism, and he actually apologized for his behavior. Jonathan knew that meant a lot to his sister and gave the courage to go on and fight all hatred and bigotry that was in store for her.

Jonathon admired her for all her strength. But he now wondered what had happened for her to go so quickly and deeply into depression enough to take her own life. He knew there was love, or love taken away, as the main cause, but he had always felt a gnawing sensation inside that there was something else, something she hadn't told him, something he hadn't seen. This scared him a bit about his feelings for Mindy, for there were certainly going to be some severe hurdles they would have to face as a couple, and we wondered at his own strength and ability to clear those hurdles.

₪> * * <₪

Mindy came out of the exam room, and Jonathan noticed something different in her right away.

There was almost a scowl on her face and she really didn't look at him, but it felt like she looked through him. Something had happened in the exam that had brought her into a different place. Perhaps it was the entire day wearing on her. After all, she hadn't gotten any sleep, and Jonathan was starting to feel the effects of the lack of sleep himself.

"Jonathan, I really want to thank you but I think it is time for me to get some rest. It would probably be good for you to get back home so you can get some sleep as well. You have to go to work tomorrow and I don't want to be responsible for your lack of performance due to hanging out with me. Thank you so much for saving me, taking care of me, and all the gifts and help you have been. I never could have made it through today without you."

With that she gave him a peck on the cheek and headed up the stairs to her room.

Jonathan was stunned, just stood there staring at the stairs she had just climbed. He felt a soft arm around his shoulder, turned and saw Christine standing next to him with a knowing, but concerned look on her face.

"It will be ok Jonathan, Mindy needs some time to process everything. She is pulling away from you right now, she feels she needs to. Let it go, let her have her space as they say. If it is meant to be, she will come back around. You are a wonderful, caring, and understanding young man, and you are going to have to use all those qualities and more to get through this period with her. I have to stress that it is really important for you not to try to force anything at all on her right now, for she will pull away. I have seen this before, and many times they come out of it knowing they have pushed away the love of their life and will try to come back. But you have to let her come to that point on her own. I wish I could give you more, but this is the best I can do. I will give you my cell number, so call me if you have any questions or want to see how she is doing. Don't give up if she doesn't answer or return your calls for a while. You are in that old adage space of "let her go, if it is real she will return".

Jonathan thanked Christine and gave her a hug after she had him load her number into his phone. He walked almost zombie like out to his car and headed to the ferry to get back to his apartment in Seattle to think all this through. As he drove, he had to keep shaking himself out of his musings at what he had seen from Mindy, and heard from Christine. He couldn't make himself confident Mindy would return. His heart ached.

12