Michael's Search

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I want a woman who I am uncomfortable away from, who I can't wait to get back to, one who I am so in tune with that I KNOW what she is thinking and feeling. I want a woman who is smart, witty, educated, and likes almost everything I like, someone who is an integral part of me. I want to be the same thing to her. I don't want a woman who only comes home with me because that is where she lives or she doesn't have something else to do that evening. My fiancée just before we broke up was always going somewhere with her girlfriends. If she wasn't doing that she went to visit family or friends without me. She claimed I was trying to hold her back. One evening she was supposed to be at a baby shower. I didn't feel like cooking my own supper so I went to an out of the way bar and grill.

"When I got to the bar I heard her laughing and talking in the back of the room and found her on a date with a superior officer and one of his friends. A little later I followed them to the parking lot and watched her have sex with him in the back of his car. I broke the engagement of course and have tried to move on but so far I've not found anyone who even comes close to my ideal."

Mike looked over at Michelle and got a quizzical look on his face. He continued, "You know I might have just misspoke. I may know someone who was even a better fit for me than anyone else I've met. I'm not sure though. What about you Shelly? I don't understand how the men could have left you single for so long either."

Michelle smiled at Mike and said, "Well Mike I think I'm sort of like you are. I've dated a lot and met some really nice men but none of them have really clicked with me. Oh don't get me wrong, I've been in puppy love before and I've even lived with a couple of boyfriends but when it came right down to it none of them could go the mile. I never felt that spark, that deep seated need, the yearning, that FEELING that that man was the other part of my soul. I had almost given up until..." Michelle blushed and looked around the room organizing her thoughts again then she continued, "I mean before you came to work at the Plant I had just about stopped even dating. I had dated all the men I had met around town and at work that I thought might stand a chance and none of them were what I wanted. Some of them were great guys but they weren't MY guy ya know?"

Mike smiled and said, "Yeah, I think I do." He glanced at the clock and said, "Well, I guess we'd better get to work."

As the two walked down the hallway without thinking Mike placed his hand in the small of Michelle's back to gently guide, to protect her as they first walked up to, then entered the elevator. Michelle turned her head and gently smiled up at Mike. In the elevator she unconsciously leaned into his embrace. They said nothing to each other and when the doors began to open into the lobby they reluctantly pulled away from each other. They exited the elevator as any other business couple would have done. Inside each of them was singing. They felt alive, in tune with each other on levels they had neither felt before.

Michael had not told anyone in the business he was bringing in reinforcements. As soon as work commenced for the day he had his secretary call a meeting of the entire management team down to the shift foreman. He had her inform the foremen that their lead man was to run the operation throughout the meeting and if asked she was to say he had no idea how long the meeting would last.

Within minutes the first three men, strangely the senior remaining employees, burst through the door into the conference room. One of them had barely stepped through the door before he burst out in speech. "What's the meaning of this crap," he yelled. "We don't have time for more of your damn stupid useless meetings. My men have work to do and this isn't getting it done."

Michelle had been turned toward Mike talking when the man began yelling. She stiffened and turned rapidly toward the angry trio. She cringed back slightly in the face of their anger. Mike watched with pride as she seemed to stiffen in her resolve. Her back straightened and she glared at the three. She started to open her mouth when Mike placed his hand on her arm. She looked at him and he shook his head no.

Mike waited until the men were about five feet from him then he yelled, "That's enough. Speak politely to me or don't speak at all. Where is the rest of the management team?"

"I told you we didn't have time for this meeting crap. I told them to stay on the floor that we would handle whatever it is you seem to want."

Mike glared at the man then picked up his phone. He punched a speed dial number and when it was answered said, "George I think we have a situation here. Please come in with your team."

The three men looked slightly worried when they heard Mike say that. Before they could do or say anything else George walked into the room with a team of five other men nearly as large as he was. He walked up beside Mike and said, "Yes Mr. Fielding?"

"George this man here has just been terminated for a bad attitude and disobeying instructions. Please have one of your men escort him to his locker to obtain his personal gear then to the HR section for the necessary paperwork. Leave one of your men here with us and send the rest of your team onto the floor and bring all management employees above lead man rank to this room. I want them here within ten minutes. If anyone argues get their names and escort them to HR for termination also."

George said, "Yes Sir" once more, turned and gestured. As he did so he said, "Wally you stay here with us. Terry, you escort this gentleman on his little errand. The rest of you go get the rest of the persons who are supposed to be in this meeting."

The three would be tough guys were standing staring at Mike. They looked shocked. The loud mouth tried to bluster his way out of trouble as he was being led out the door. He said, "You can't do this. You're not even the Manager of this warehouse. If you give us any hassle you'll have to run this dump by yourself."

"I think you will find I CAN do this. Not only does my family own this facility but I have been given written authorization to operate it as I see fit for as long as I see fit. Anyone who doesn't like that or refuses to follow my instructions can quit or I will fire them. You know as well as I do that in this economy I can replace you all three times over within a couple of days."

The man slumped and you could see he was defeated. He allowed Terry to escort him from the room. About that time a large group of men could be heard coming down the hallway. When they got to Terry and his charge one of the group asked, "What's going on here Joe? I thought you said for us to stay away from the meeting. Why are these goons pushing us around here?"

Terry looked at the speaker and said, "Your friend here just lost his job because he told you that then didn't order you here after Mr. Fielding told him to do so the second time. I suggest you get your asses into that room and let Mr. Fielding tell you what's going on unless you want to lose your jobs also."

A very quiet group of men entered the room to see Mike, Michelle, George and the other guard watching them. They gathered just inside the door and stood watching Mike. He stared at them for a moment then said, "OK. Everyone have a seat and we'll get this meeting started."

Mike introduced himself once more then Michelle, and George. For the next few minutes Mike discussed the problems he had already identified in the operation of the business. He informed the men that Michelle was an expert on inventory control and he was a Logistician. If Michelle told them to do something they were to do it immediately just as if the instruction had came from him. She was to be considered his Assistant Warehouse Manager.

Over the next three days Michelle and Mike watched, made the corrections they could on the fly and took note of the corrections that would take more time, effort or money. On Friday another meeting was held and Mike told the remaining managers they would be installing new inventory control procedures, new computers, scanners and software as soon as they could get it purchased and shipped. They were also given a list of employees to fire at close of business that day. Human Resources already had the names and had the paperwork ready. The individuals concerned were to report to HR as soon as the meeting was over.

That evening after the last employee left the security team, Mike and Michelle returned to the conference room. They quickly ate pizza that had been delivered and relaxed for a few minutes until a secret inventory team arrived. The warehouse and grounds were locked and a 100% inventory began. The team worked in shifts and they concluded the inventory just before noon on Sunday. Many items were found in the wrong bins. Many more outdated, obsolete parts were found to be on the books as current parts. Some counts were drastically off either under or over, very few were spot on. Many items were not found on shelves or in bins during the inventory. Many items listed as in stock were found in boxes stacked in out of the way places. Some had been there for over a year. Many items were found in incorrect locations.

After the team left Mike and Michelle said good bye to George and his team. They wearily trudged off to their hotel. Neither felt the need to talk on the short drive. The only conversation during the trip was when Mike asked if she wanted to eat a late lunch in their room. When Michelle said she did Mike asked her to phone the order in and told her what he wanted. From time to time one or the other would turn their head slightly and look at the other. If their glances met they would smile. Once Mike reached out without thinking and gently patted Michelle's thigh.

When Michelle felt Mike pat her she turned her head and smiled at him again. She felt her heart flutter and her pussy became moist at just his short touch. She bit her lip and stifled her moan. Mike heard her gasp and rapidly pulled his hand back. He didn't know whether to apologize or ignore what he had unconsciously done. He knew it was unprofessional and could lead to a harassment claim if Michelle didn't like it. He decided to wait and see what she said later. He almost apologized but decided to let sleeping dogs lie. She didn't look upset and he knew from past experience that if she was upset she DID let people know.

When Michelle called the hotel she made sure they knew they might not be back yet when the meal was delivered and that it was to be left in the suite anyway. Mike had ordered steak and lobster; Michelle had a pound of King Crab. The waiter was just leaving the room when they arrived. Mike quickly gave him a nice tip then turned to Michelle. He said, "I'm just going to wash my hands and eat. The shower can wait. I'm starved."

They each quickly went into their bathroom, washed their hands and then returned to the feast. They drank two bottles of a very nice white wine with the meal. As tired as they were the alcohol almost put them to sleep.

Mike looked at Michelle and felt sorrow. He reached his thumb out and gently rubbed the large dark spot under her eye while his palm cupped her cheek. "You are so exhausted you have dark spots under your eyes. I'm sorry we had to work so long this weekend. Let's clean up and have a shower then catch a few Z's."

Michelle smiled tentatively, nodded her head and almost staggered to her room. After his shower Mike collapsed into his bed and slept until nearly 7:30 p.m. He wandered out into the living area of the suite and opened another bottle of wine. He ordered room service hors d'oeuvres and sat back sipping his wine while he waited for their snack.

The room service waiter woke Michelle up. He was just leaving when she wandered into the room rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Both of the friends sat on the couch beside each other as they drank wine and demolished the snack. After they finished they leaned back to relax. Michelle leaned into Mike and laid her head on his shoulder. She said, "That was really good. I didn't know I was that hungry. After what I ate for lunch I can't believe I needed more food." She sat a moment longer then said, "I'm still so sleepy I can hardly hold my head up but I'm sure glad that inventory is done."

For the next two hours they sat and visited and sipped wine. Occasionally they talked business but mostly they just visited getting to know each other better. Sometime during that period Mike's arm went around Michelle's shoulder and he pulled her closer. She sighed and relaxed into his embrace. She stretched up and gave him a kiss. He pulled her tighter to him and deepened the kiss. She moaned and pulled back. She started to stand and Mike realized what they had done. He started to pull back from her and apologize when Michelle turned from him and sat on his lap. Her arms went around him and she bent forward for another kiss.

Instead of apologizing Mike returned the kiss and let his hand run under the hotel robe Michelle was wearing. He felt his cock getting harder. Michelle pulled away from the kiss and looked down at his lap. She turned her head toward Mike again, wiggled her butt slightly and smiled before she bent toward him for another kiss. As Mike's hand ran under her robe she spread her legs slightly allowing him easier access.

Mike felt moist heat as his fingers neared her pussy. He grinned when he felt her hips subtly thrust toward his questing fingers. When he found her slit it was wet, wet, wet. He rubbed up and down it dipping his fingers slightly into her hole to scoop up more lubrication then he slowly, gently moved them back to the top of her slit where he found a hard little pebble. Mike stroked her clit gently and Michelle moaned louder. Her hips once again thrust toward him. She pulled him closer and gave him a deeper kiss as she continued to writhe in his lap. She struggled to twist her torso toward Mike and finally succeeded. They both moaned into a kiss as she rubbed her breasts against his toned chest.

The two lovers continued to kiss, to titillate each other for another fifteen minutes before Michelle stood smiled down at Mike and pulled him to get up. "Mike, Honey, I'm ready to take this to bed if you are," she said.

Mike hesitated a moment and she could almost see the gears twirling in his head. He said, "Are you sure Shelly? I admit I'm more attracted to you than I have been any woman I can remember, even my ex fiancée, but I need you to be sure this is what you want. I don't want to hurt you, mess up our friendship OR our working relationship."

"Oh, I'm sure," Michelle said. "In fact I'm surer of this than I have been any other time I let a man get me into bed. I have felt more alive, more peaceful and relaxed since I arrived here last week than I have been since you left the Plant months ago. I knew I missed our talks and meals together, I knew I missed you too but I really hadn't thought about the romance aspect until I got here Sunday."

Michelle blushed and said, "When I saw you in the room and we hugged I got soooo wet. I was embarrassed and soooo excited at the same time. I've wanted to do something like this all week but I knew we needed to work first so I didn't. You don't know how much I have wished you would make a move on me!"

Mike smiled and pulled Michelle to him. He wrapped her in his arms and gave her a deep kiss. During the last several minutes both their robes had come undone so he felt her unfettered, naked breasts pressing against his abdomen. Her nipples were drilling into him like little pebbles. He groaned when she rubbed her belly against his hard on.

Mike pulled away from Michelle and pulled her hand as he started toward his bedroom. "Come on. I think you're right. We need to take this to bed right now."

Mike and Michelle continued to operate the warehouse as a management team for the next three months. The Assistant Manager did return to work but the Manager had died from his injuries. As time passed they did less and less of the daily work and watched the Assistant Manager. He learned the new systems well and seemed to know exactly what to do. Finally Mike decided to keep him on as an employee and promote him to Manager.

During the time after Mike and Michelle first slept together they became closer and closer. She never slept in her room after that night. They ate together, worked together and even took in some of the local sights and some shows together. Surprisingly neither of them even thought about returning home on any of the weekends. The long July 4th weekend the two of them picked up one of the canoes from the family resort and spent the whole weekend floating on the river and camping on the banks during the night. They floated about 56 miles during the four days and had a blast. The only drawback to the entire trip was the crowd. They couldn't properly love each other because of the people all around them.

The last day they were to be at the warehouse Mike sat staring at Michelle. They both were at their desks and looked like they had lost their entire family in some horrible accident. Mike's eyes looked haunted and Michelle looked almost physically ill. Mike pushed his chair back from the desk finally and said, "Michelle I don't want to leave you. Why don't you come home with me and spend some time at my cabin?"

"Mike! I have to go back to the Plant Monday and you know that. You know I'd like nothing better than to spend more time with you but I have to work. Why don't you come home with me if you aren't working somewhere else right now?"

"I suppose I could but my cabin is a whole lot more fun and private than your apartment in the city. If it's your job you're worrying about I know I can get you more time off..."

"Mike I couldn't. I know. I can take a week vacation if you want. If I did that there is nothing I would rather do with the time than go home with you."

Mike and Michelle returned to his small cabin and spent the next week fishing, swimming, laying in hammocks and loving. Except in public they never wore clothes and neither of them even considered going anywhere or doing anything without the other. They were in a constant state of arousal. Just the sight of the other and they could not keep their hands or lips off each other. They were joined at the hip and at every mental point possible.

At the end of the week Michelle was crying as she packed to return to her job. Mike walked up behind her and pressed his hard cock into the crack of her ass. He placed his hands on her hips then ran them up her sides and around to cup her breasts. He smiled as he felt the hard pebbles of her nipples. He bent to give her a gentle kiss on the side of her neck. Michelle sighed and relaxed back into Mike's embrace.

Mike gently turned Michelle toward him and wiped her tears from her cheeks. "Honey I can't stand the thought of you leaving. Please stay longer. Please stay with me the rest of your life Shelly."

Michelle hugged Mike to her tightly and smiled. She said, "I would love to do that but I have to eat and I have to work to get the money to eat and pay the rest of my bills. I can come back next weekend though if you want me to."

"NO! I don't want you to leave at all. Shelly please stay. Marry me Shelly. I don't want to ever be away from you again. We make a good team. If you want to work you can go with me when I go to family businesses. Hell if you don't want to work you can still come with me but please stay and marry me."

Michelle hugged Mike tighter and shook her head 'yes' then said, "Oh, yes. Yes Michael Fielding I'll marry you but I still need to go to work tomorrow. I need to stay until Sam can find someone to replace me at least. I owe him and the family that much and more."