Mick the Dick Ch. 08

Story Info
Private eye's adventures continue.
2.8k words
4.58
22.4k
1
0

Part 8 of the 39 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 01/31/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When I left the office, the weather had changed. It was raining. You know the type of rain that is just irritating. Most of the little shops along the block have awnings, but not all of them. I made it to my truck and got in, but not without getting wet.

It was just chilly enough that I cranked up the heat to help dry myself off. Ahh! How I love going opposite the heavy traffic. You feel like giving the poor saps stuck in the bumper to bumper traffic the raspberries.

I made good time, as usual. I checked the free parking around the sports bar, there weren't any spots. "Cheap bastards, taking all of the free spaces." I drove past the Armacost building and decided to call Armacost's office. All I got was the recording. He must be gone for the day.

On my next pass I had a space just a few doors down from the bar. I was still a few minutes early, so I sat in the truck to see how punctual Holly is. At just about 2 minutes before 6, Holly came walking down the street in the rain. She was dressed in blue jeans, a white v-neck tank top, and red high heels. Her blonde hair was obviously damp, but not soaked. She walked inside the bar and stood just inside as if checking on my punctuality.

I got out of my truck and walked inside the sports bar. I walked right over to Holly as if I'd been following her. She turned around and saw me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me a hard kiss. I didn't know if it was for me or to impress all of the college kids. "Shit, they probably think I'm her father. Naa! I hope she wouldn't kiss her father like that. Maybe that's why she did it.

"Hi Mick. I'm glad you could make it."

"Make it? I didn't know I had a choice."

"Of course you had a choice. I was just glad you didn't stand me up."

This particular sports bar attracts a lot of the college kids. It's not too far from the campus and has a gazillion TV's so you can watch just about any game on any channel in any state or country.

"Why would I stand you up?"

"I just thought you wouldn't want to be seen with a kid."

"Kid? I'd hardly consider you a kid, Holly."

Holly just smiled at me. She was wet, not soaking, but definitely wet. Stepping into the air-conditioned bar, her nipples were hard and protruding through the wet tank top. Not quite a wet t-shirt contest, but it was close. I took her by the arm and walked over to the bar and ordered my usual, a shot of bourbon and a draft. "And... what would you like?", I asked Holly.

"I'll take the same, make the bourbons doubles."

I love a woman with some guts. I would have guessed she was the white wine type. Holly pulled her tank top away from her body and let it go back in place. Her boobs are nowhere near the size of her mothers, but they are very nice. She has the kind that just stand up and can get away with wearing a tank top without a bra. I would take a guess that she was about a 36C, 22, 34.

"I hate when my top gets wet like this."

"Why?" I couldn't help but look at her nipples as the material once again contoured to her tits.

"Ooo, it just feels so... yucky."

For those of you not familiar with forensic science, "yucky" is a highly technical term that would take me several pages to explain. I'll just say it's not a good thing. "I think it looks good on you."

"Good?"

"Yeah, sexy."

Holly just smiled. I think she knew what she was doing. "Have you found out anything yet?"

Holly folded her arms. She was either trying to hide her tits or she was chilly. I pulled my shirt out from my pants so it could cover my piece, I mean my gun, and then I took off my jacket and slipped it over her shoulders.

"Ahh, huh? Oh, yeah. I might have."

She adjusted the jacket onto her shoulders, "Thanks Mick, it is a little chilly in here."

Trying to get my mind off her tits, "Holly, when you checked the house, looking for your dad, are you sure you checked everywhere?"

"Oh, I'm sure. I know all of my father's hiding spots. He wasn't in the house. Remember, I even told you I saw him come in the back door."

"And you're sure nobody could have dropped him off."

"I'm sure. I'd have heard the car in the driveway and seen the headlights."

"Could someone have dropped him off and he walk up the driveway to the house?"

"My father? Walk? Only on a golf course. Why? Do you think he was out with someone?"

"I'm not sure yet. But as soon as I am, I'll let you know."

Holly looked baffled and confused. Not by my statement, but I could tell she had several things going through her mind. "Do you want to talk about something?"

"I do, Mick. But not right now." She paused for a second. I knew she wanted to talk, but I thought it was best for her to decide on when to bring it up.

We finished two rounds and just talked. School vs. work. Rich vs. poor. Normal chit chat. I knew that wasn't what was bothering her.

"Oh, shit!", Holly said under her breath.

I looked at her, "What?"

"My father is walking this way."

"Did he see us talking?"

"I don't think so."

"Good, just act like I'm not with you."

"Hi, daddy!" Holly jumped off her bar stool and gave her father a hug.

Benjamin returned her hug. I just sat watching the television as if I'd been there all day. They went through the normal pleasantries of "how was class", "how was work".

"So, daddy, are you by yourself?"

"As a matter of fact, Richard was in the back until a few minutes ago. He had to go back to the office to get something. You should stick around, he'll be back in a few minutes. I just had a couple drinks with him and a few of the others from the office. I have to be getting home to your mother before she calls to check up on me. Are you with anybody?"

"No, no. Just stopped by after class to see if anybody was hanging out."

"Well then I know you should stick around for when Richard gets back."

"Yeah, daddy. I might do that."

"Okay, I'll see you at home later."

"Maybe. I might stay down here tonight. Sharon will be by in a little while. You know what happens when her and I get together."

"Alright then, you be careful." Benjamin Armacost tapped me on the shoulder. "Aren't you Mick Pheury?"

"Yes. And you are...?" I had to think fast.

"I'm Benjamin Armacost." Holly looked like she could have died. "Holly, did you know who you are sitting next to?"

"Ah... No. Not really." She was shook.

"This is Mick Pheury, one of the best private detectives in the city. Mick, this is my daughter, Holly. She's finishing college here this year."

"Pleased to meet you Mr. Pheury."

"Very nice to meet you. Are you going to follow in your father's footsteps, getting a law degree?"

"No. I'm majoring in mass communications and journalism."

"Oh, going for stardom, huh?"

Armacost jumped in, "Mick, it was good seeing you again. I have to be going. Holly, you be careful down here."

"I will daddy dear. Tell mom, I said goodnight."

"I will." Armacost strolled out of the bar and up the sidewalk.

"That was close.", Holly said still with a scared tone to her voice.

"Yeah, too close. That's okay, you did real good."

"Do you mind if we get out of here. I don't want to be here when Richard gets back."

"Oh, I take it Richard is daddy's flunky you don't want to marry?"

"Richard is Daddy's flunky I don't even want to know."

"Is that the same Richard that your father thought your mother was having an affair with?"

Holly spun around at me with a totally startled look, "Why, yes. How did you know about that?"

"It's my job to know things like that."

"Oh, bullshit, Mick! How'd you know about that?"

"I heard about it through the grapevine."

"He was flirting with my mom, while trying to get at me."

"And you're father found out."

"Right! My mother would never fool around on my father, especially with a guy young enough to be her son. Besides, he's not my mother's type. He's too much a... pardon my French, pussy. That's the same reason I don't like him. He's a wimp and he's slimy."

"Oh, a typical lawyer." "Yeah, that's him."

"But I thought you said you were engaged to him."

"No I didn't... oh, yes I did, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did."

"That was only..."

"Only to scare me off, right?"

"No! No! That was before I... knew what you were like."

"What I'm like?"

"Yeah! Come on Mick, let's get outta here before he gets back."

I called the bartender over and paid the tab. While I was waiting for change, I asked Holly if she wanted to go someplace else or finish the talk another time. She didn't exactly answer, but I knew that she was concentrating more on what had her preoccupied. As we got to the door I asked Holly, "Where'd you park?"

"I'm around the corner in the garage."

"Okay. I'm right here. I'll drive you around to the entrance. It'll keep you a little dry."

"Alright. Thanks!"

I walked over to the passenger side and opened the door for her. Holly slid in. Then I went around to the driver side and got in. I started up my truck and let it idle for a couple minutes just to warm up.

"Gee it's so big compared to what I'm used to."

"Ahh, what's that?" My mind was definitely in the gutter.

"Your sport ute."

"Oh! That! Yeah it is."

"Wow. Yours is even bigger than my father's."

I was really feeling like a pervert now. "Your father's?"

"Yeah, his Navigator or whatever the hell it is."

I was feeling like I better get her to her car, and quick. As I pulled up to the front entrance of the garage it was really pouring. I slipped the truck into park. I didn't want to see her get too soaked.

"So tell me Holly, how many other guys besides Richard are there in your life?"

"Are you really interested?"

She took me a little by surprise. "Of course."

"Do you really want to know, or are you just trying to make small talk?"

"A little of both I suppose."

"To be honest with you Mick, I don't have any one guy in particular in my life."

"You're kidding me, right?"

"No! Why do you think that?"

"Well... just because. Let's face it, you're a nice girl. You're smart... I think. You're good looking." I could see her start to blush. "You're very good looking. It seems like you have your act together."

"That's where you're wrong. I don't have my act together, Mick."

"You don't? Why's that?"

"I just don't. Most guys I know from school and around town think I'm a flake. I don't like the guys my age. None of them seem to know what they want to do when they..."

"Grow up?"

"Yeah! When they grow up. I like being treated like a lady, but still being in school I still feel like I did in high school."

"Well, Holly, you are still only, what, 22?"

"See what I mean? Even you think of me as a kid. Mick, I'm 22, but I have the same needs as a 25, 30, 40, or 50 year old woman. Okay, so maybe not the 50 year old, but..."

"Now wait a minute, I know plenty of 50 year old women that probably have as much need as that group you mentioned."

"I didn't mean it like that, Mick. I'm sorry. I better get out of here."

"Wait a minute, Holly. Don't go running off. You ARE quite a lady. Just don't go wearing yourself out too fast."

Holly said, "I wish guys could see it that way. I would ask you to my house, but I know, under the circumstances..."

"You're right, Holly. That wouldn't be a good idea." She slid my jacket off and placed it on the seat.

"Thanks Mick. And thanks for caring."

I knew she still had something on her mind. "Look, anytime you're ready to tell me what's on your mind or even if you just need to talk to someone, give me a call. I don't charge for that."

Holly leaned over, gave me a hug and kissed me hard on the lips. "I'll remember that. You're a nice guy, Mick Pheury."

"You be careful with that hot rod on these wet roads, okay?"

She smiled back at me. I winked at her as she opened the door and slid out. She closed the door and gave me a smile when she got to the door to the garage. I waited to make sure she came out safe. The red Corvette pulled out from the driveway. Holly stopped and waved at me, then pulled out and started up the road. I pulled from the curb and headed for Murphy's.

I got to Murphy's at a little before 8. As I walked in, Sylvia was just leaving for the day. "Hiya Mick." She gave me the traditional hug and kiss.

"Hello Sylvia. Everything good?"

"Everything is great. Especially now."

"Quitting time, huh?"

"Yep!"

"By chance, was my goofy secretary in tonight?"

"Is that an official question?"

"Nope, just curious."

"Yeah, she was in for about an hour or so, had a couple of drinks and something to eat."

"Was she with anyone?"

"Why Mick Pheury, you scoundrel. You're jealous."

"Me? Not me. I don't have any reason to be jealous. Do I?"

"Well I don't know about that. She left with some big, good looking, black guy."

I felt my heart skip a beat, "She what?!?" Not so much it being a black guy, but anybody.

"You heard me." Sylvia began laughing hysterically. "I'm just fucking with you, Mick."

"You could give me a heart attack."

"She came in, had a couple drinks, and left alone, by herself."

"That's better."

"I'm sorry Mick, I couldn't help it. Hey, things getting serious with the two of you or something?"

"I don't know Sylvia. Maybe. I'm just not sure."

"Wow! Mick Pheury bites the dust. When you don't know, that's when its got you."

"No. I don't think so. You know the way I feel about getting married again."

"Hey, you don't have to get married to be off the market."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! I hear you."

"I gotta get outta here before Murph cons me into working over."

"Okay. Come on, I'll walk you to your car."

I walked Sylvia around the back of the Pub where she was parked. She kissed me goodbye. "Take care of that girl, Pheury. She's a good one."

"I know that. She is something, isn't she?"

"She's a real catch, especially for an old fart like you."

"Thanks, dear. I love you too."

"I'm just teasing you. You need a good woman to take care of you. You be careful, hear?"

"Yeah, you too. Be careful in this weather. The roads are nasty."

"I will. See you later."

I watched Sylvia start the car and pull away as I walked back towards my truck. The rain was letting up a little. I was having a craving for a nice big juicy steak. I knew I had a couple steaks in my freezer. "That would be nice, go home and throw one on the grill."

As I got back to my truck I decided to slide past Carla's apartment to see if her car was in the garage. Why? I don't know. Yeah, yeah! I know what you're thinking. Now I want to check up on her. Not really. But I just want to make sure she's okay. I know, you've heard that before. Hell, I've said it before, but this time I mean it.

I drove past Carla's apartment building and looked inside the garage. I didn't see her car. I drove around the block and drove slowly past it again. "Ahh! There it is." I just missed it in the shadows. That's good. She's safe and sound. Now I'll go home and have that steak. As I cruised up the road, I worked on my menu; steak, a baked potato, corn or some vegetable, and a beer. Maybe two beers. Of course I would need one while I was cooking. Oh, what the hell, let's say a six pack.