Micro Wave Man Ch. 05

Story Info
Mark deals with his new powers, and meets a girl.
2.4k words
3.89
5.9k
1

Part 6 of the 9 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 07/04/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sjmhmttep
sjmhmttep
12 Followers

Jul 7, 2009

MWM Chapter Five "Got To Run."

Current mood:creative

Heavy Metal Thunder Productions

Presents...

Copyright protected on May 2009.

The persons, places, entities, and events depicted in this story are fictitious. Any similarity to actual persons, places, entities, or events is unintentional and purely coincidental.

Warning! Some stories may contain adult language, explicate violence, adult situations, and some sexual content. These stories are intended for a mature audience.

The Cosmic Rays Incident

Book I, The Origins of Micro Wave Man and Punk Rocker

Written by Stacy James Meadows

With Concepts Created by Stacy James Meadows, Larry William Van Hoorebeke, and Donald Edward Van Hoorebeke.

Previously on The Cosmic Rays Incident, Book I, The Origins of Micro Wave Man and Punk Rocker... Dr. Spy, an evil leader of a legion to take control of the world, was booting up some old files and reminiscing about how things started. On the case files Mark Surrender, an overweight accountant, was coming home from work hungry, and tried to cook some food in his microwave oven, only to have it explode on him, and when he revived after the explosion, he noticed he was now thin, and possessed new super abilities. Also on the case files, Dr. Spy was sending Tyrone Bookbagger to steal some chemicals from a group of scientists, he stopped to visit his mother in the nursing home, then headed for the theft. We now return to Mark Surrender to see how he is dealing with his new powers.

Chapter Five

Got To Run

Mark Surrender woke himself up to the sound of one sitcom or another playing on the television. He didn't know or really even care which one it was, because he never really watched any of them. If he really wanted to see people acting stupid, he could just walk downtown.

There was a moment of confusion, and shock, that went through Mark's mind, about his new thin self, before he remembered the events that had just recently happened to him. He guessed he would have to start getting used to this for awhile, after all he had been through an entire life time of being fat, to find himself being skinny in an instant. It was sort of like losing a tooth, and getting used to it missing, but this sensation covered his whole body.

His stomach rumbled slightly in hunger. He looked at the clock on the vcr/dvd player. It said it was nine o'clock. His stomach rumbled again. He knew he was hungry, and thought about some of the fast food restaurants downtown. There was one he was particularly craving right now.

For reasons that he didn't even really think about, he decided to stretch his legs. Without any real thinking, he got up out of the chair, and was out the door in literally a blink of an eye.

He went down the street at what seemed to him a mere jog. He felt energized, refreshed, and healthier than he ever had before. He felt the need to stretch out his muscles, and just go. In reality, he was moving faster then the human eye could even see. The people, he passed by in the street, couldn't even see him at all. They just only felt a slight breeze as he passed them by, and just chalked it up to the wind picking up slightly.

Mark quickly made it to the restaurant, and slowed himself down to a walk. He felt great. He felt more full of energy and life then he had in...oh, ever before.

He let himself in the front doors, and made his way to the counter to place an order. Behind the counter was a gorgeous little blond lady, who was cleaning up the counter. Her name tag said Jenny.

The female attendant was rather surprised at the sudden appearance of the very handsome blond haired man, but she didn't think anything out of the ordinary had happened, just that she had been to busy, that she hadn't seen him approach.

"May I help you, sir?" Jenny asked.

"Yes, I would like four double cheese burgers, four large fries, a couple of chicken sandwiches, and a large orange soda." Mark replied.

Since he had placed such a huge order, she couldn't help but to wonder if he was throwing a party, or buying for his family, or something, so she just had to ask him, even though she would have been greatly disappointed if he was married. "Are you throwing a party, or just buying for your family?"

This took Mark by somewhat of a surprise. "Uh...what?" He had forgotten that he was now thin again, and would look like he couldn't possibly eat all this alone. He quickly formulated a lie in his head about having to work late, and making a food run for the office. "Oh, uh...No, I'm an accountant, and our quarterly budgets are due tomorrow. Some of us are just working late at the office to get it finished, and I'm doing a food run for everyone."

"So it's sort of a party then. Does anyone else want drinks?" She replied, as she was preparing his large orange soda, and handed it to him.

"No, we have a soda machine at the office, I'm just parched and thought I would drink this on the way back to the office." He said smiling.

Then something, that had never happened to him before, finally happened.

Jenny just had to know if he had a wife or girlfriend. She asked, "Are you seeing anyone?"

Disbelieving what he was hearing, he stammered, "What...uh, no."

He couldn't believe she had just asked if he had a wife or girlfriend, and even more unbelievable to him, when he replied no, she immediately wrote her number on his receipt, and told him. "Why don't you call me sometime? Maybe we could go out, and do something together."

He took the receipt into his hands and replied. "Oh, ok. That sounds like fun. I'd love to do that. How about if I call you sometime tomorrow?"

"Sure, I look forward to your call." She said, as she began gathering up his order in bags. Then she handed him his bags of food, and told him, "Have a nice night. Don't work to hard."

"You too." He replied, as he was taking the bags from her. He walked slowly backwards from the counter towards the doors in disbelief. She was already taking another customer's order, but she did look up one last time, and gave him a wink. He waved goodbye, and walked out the front doors.

He had to catch his breath, not from physical exhaustion, but from the sheer shocking amazement of this all. What could a gorgeous girl like that possibly see in him? He looked disbelievingly at his thin hand clutching the receipt with the phone number and Jenny's name on it, and thought to himself, "Wow, this thin thing is really working wonders! If I could only market exploding microwave ovens for everyone, I'd be a millionaire!"

He thought for a few seconds about how he had seen her in there lots of times before, and he even always had a semi-crush on her before and tried to be nice to her, but somehow she was either somewhat rude, or paid him little attention. He concluded that, if she didn't really recognize him at all really, then no one else would either. He finally caught his breath, and decided to jog again back home. People in the parking lot saw him standing there one second, and then he completely vanished the next. They were a bit shocked and looked around for a moment, but then put the whole thing behind them, chalking it up to the fact that their eyes must have been playing tricks on them.

He reached his door, and let himself into his house. He walked into the living room to find his television still on, and to his surprise still playing the same sitcom, as when he left. He looked again at the clock on the vcr/dvd player, and his jaw literally hit the floor. The clock read 9:05 p.m. He stretched both arms down to the ground, and put his jaw back into place, before stammering aloud, "That can't be! That's impossible!"

This was almost to much for him as he sat, or practically fell plopping down into his chair. He absently unwrapped one of the sandwiches, and began chomping it down, as his mind tried to take in, and comprehend, all of the events that had happened to him today. It was all almost unthinkable to him, and if it wasn't really happening to him now, then he was quite sure he wouldn't believe it himself.

He was going to have to really see how far the limits of his new powers were. He had the abilities to run super speeds, stretch, and even heat things up with his hands. What other stuff could he now do as well? He wondered this as he was munching down some of the fries, and washed it down with a swallow or to of the orange soda. He grabbed another sandwich and began chomping down on it, as he began a new train of thought. There was also his, before now not thought of, sexual attraction from the opposite sex. He could now actually fulfill some of his wildest sexual fantasies.

He finished that sandwich and began working on another, as he began to wonder if maybe he should go somewhere and be tested to see if he was at a health risk for anything, or if his powers were only temporary or permanent. Somehow the very thought, of himself going back to being overly obese again, revolted him.

No, he couldn't let anyone know of his new found abilities. He remembered his thoughts on this from before, and besides, who or where could he go for those kind of tests? As for the health risks, and permanent or limited time on his abilities, he would have to just figure that out as it happened, but he would have to test out his new found abilities on his own, but how?

Suddenly an idea of the perfect place popped into his head. The high school football field. It would be perfect. The stadium itself was built, so that if you weren't on the field itself, you couldn't see it. The track around the field could be used to test out his speed, and the football field could be used to see how far he could stretch himself out. He would have to go there when no one was around. Maybe he could purchase a speed gun like the cops used to see how fast he could move.

He was going to have to take tomorrow off from work, and even possibly have to quit his job all together, as not to lead suspicion onto his new abilities. He might even have to take up a new identity all together. Maybe one as a relative to himself, claiming that he was house sitting for awhile.

He finished up all of the food he had, and decided this was all to much for him to take in for now. He gathered up all of the wrappers into the fast food bag and threw it into the trash can. Then he shut off the television, and made his way to his bedroom.

He undressed, and was going to change into his pajamas, when he discovered a whole brand new problem all together. All his other clothes, except for the ones he wore in the explosion with him, were now way to big for him to wear. He would have to buy more clothes tomorrow. He decided to sleep just in his underwear.

So he wouldn't forget, he pulled out a notebook and pen from his night stand, and jotted down his ideas for testing himself, calling in sick, and a shopping list of several things he now needed. As he made the list out, and got to the clothes, he thought about how he should probably make himself some sort of "super hero" costume to hide his identity when he was using his powers.

"Super hero" costume, now that was a funny thought. Thinking about it now though kind of made a weird sort of sense. Yes, he should use his new found abilities to help those who were in peril he supposed, but only when absolutely necessary. He could use the clothes from the explosion to design the costume, after all, they shared his abilities it seemed. That is after he used them to go shopping tomorrow. He would have to watch himself closely as well, as not to exhibit his powers in public.

He jotted down a few more notes, like buying clothing dye and a sewing machine. He even sat on his bed and doodled a fresh costume design out, before setting the notebook and pen on the night stand, and turning out the light to go to sleep. After all, tomorrow was going to be a very busy, and very interesting day. He might even call the fast food girl up.

He shot back up from bed, and turned the light back on. "The phone number!" He shouted to himself.

He jumped out of bed, and went to the trash can. He dug around in the fast food bag, and found the receipt.

With a sigh of relief, he went back to the bedroom, and placed the receipt into the notebook. He shut off the lamp, and quickly fell to sleep, still thinking about how tomorrow would be.

To be continued.

Next Chapter Six, Down and Dirty... Punk Rocker and Battle Dog steal the chemical, but it isn't a clean get away.

File #: 11

Character Star Power: 2

Name: (Jenny) Jennifer Sullivan

Legal Status: Single, with no criminal record.

Rank: None.

Occupation: Fast Food Worker.

Known Relatives: Wealthy Father & Mother.

Birth Date: July 7, 1987

Birth Place: Chicago, IL.

Height: 5' 6"

Weight: 130 lbs.

Eyes: Green

Hair: Blond.

Strength: 2

Equipment: Nothing special.

Known Skills: Fast Food Services & Etiquette for the rich.

Limitations or Weaknesses: Mortal

For More Info. See: None.

History: Is going to be a love interest for Mark Surrender. Want to do a survey to see how this should go, but no one is leaving any comments. So for right now her future is still up in the air.

sjmhmttep
sjmhmttep
12 Followers