MidLife in Crisis: Joyce's Awakening

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Myhands316
Myhands316
1,188 Followers

"Randy! That is not yours, put it down." I had never heard the steel in Jeannette's voice before. "You are a guest in my home, start acting like it." Randy moved to confront Jeannette. "I wouldn't if I was you. There is a Gentleman over there who love nothing more than to teach you a well earned lesson. Remember, I am not afraid of you, I never have been. You are nothing but a piss-ant bully. My daughter and grandchildren are more than welcome to stay with me, but you need to leave." She held out her hand for Melody's purse.

"You don't know who you're fucking with." Randy hissed, and then yelped. Bryan finally got free, or was let go, I didn't know or care which. He was already taking appropriate action.

"No Fuck face, you don't know who you're messing with. Take a hike and never come back. I swear to God, if I ever see you, or hear of you hurting Melody or them kids again... you will not live to see another day." Randy tried to stare Bryan down, but Bryan just lifted his arm higher in the arm-lock. He almost dislocated it. "Oh, and that's Detective Patten to you asshole."

"Bryan...! You have made you point, now let him go!" The diminutive Stella said sharply to her son.

"Yes Ma'am." Bryan shoved him against the wall and grabbed the purse out of his lifeless hand. Without a backward glance, we walked over to Melody and kneeled down. "I think you misplaced this Ma'am." He smiled at her and umphed, as Jane jumped into his arms.

"SAFE!" She called out and nuzzled into his neck.

"Fine, you can have the fucking bitch. Take the brats too!" Randy said, rubbing his arm.

Bryan gently took Jean off his neck. "Go to mommy for a minute sweetie. I have to go take out the garbage." He told Jean, and smiled. Melody saw the look and gasped as she held her daughter.

Bryan stood up and turned as he took off his jacket. I could see his bright badge and the black clip that held a gun I didn't know he had. He took both off and handed them to his sister. He took one step toward Randy, and Randy knew he had something better to do somewhere very far away.

Bryan kept walking until we heard Randy's car break traction and head down the road. Bryan picked up a bag of stuff and took it over to the trash bin. He smiled at Jean as he walked back, putting his badge and gun back in place. He kneeled down and clapped his hands once, calling the little girls attention.

Jean laughed and ran at him full speed. She jumped at the last second and Bryan blunted the impact and rolled onto his back like she had knocked him over.

"Safe... daddy safe!" She squealed and giggled as they played in the middle of the lawn. "Jake... mere play." She called out to her brother who was watching from behind his mother's leg. I could see he wanted to play.

"Go on Jake, it will be alright." Melody said looking at Bryan with wonder and adoration.

***********************************************

Really, the last entry:

A lesbian in love:

I wasn't going to do this, but I have been out voted. I have been told on many occasions that I needed to finish this. It is no longer for therapy, but for me. It was Jean who sealed the deal. She sat on my lap, looking at pictures and said.

"Finish the story Grandma Joy-Joy so I can tell the baby." As she flipped the pages of her family's album.

It has been over a year since that party. In that year, my family has grown by leaps and bounds. Not long after, we found out that Randy was under investigation for fraud and other crimes and misdemeanors. We've asked Bryan about it many times, but he claims no direct responsibility. I don't push too hard, since he has made Melody and the kids so very happy.

Randy, true to his nature, ran to parts unknown when he found out law enforcement was looking into his dealings. Melody was granted a divorce in absentia, since he was nowhere they could find him in the Unites States. During the proceedings, they also had him declared an unfit parent. The judge looked at the extensive list of crimes he was wanted for, and agreed after the proper waiting period.

Elspeth and Amy graduated. Amy is working as a RN and Elspeth is looking for a job as an administrator. They looked radiant in their matching bridesmaid outfits. We all get together as often as we can, even if Jeannette says we have to hire a cleaning crew after all the kids are here for the weekend.

The biggest surprise, I guess, was Steven. He outed himself to me and Jeannette to make sure his companion Karl could come to the wedding. We asked the bride and she didn't mind one bit.

Yes, the wedding. Who got married? Melody and Bryan of course; like you didn't see that one coming. Well actually Melody, Jake and Jean all became the family of one Detective Bryan Patten on the same day. I didn't know my daughter's brother was a local hero. Even the mayor got involved. Melody now had hundreds of people looking out for her and her growing family.

As for my ex and oldest son, well they have disowned all of us and Richard has remarried. I wish them no ill will, but it looks like they are both traveling down the same path. As for Jeannette and I, we couldn't be happier. We keep ourselves busy. Well Jeannette says she stays busy just digging me out of the things I get involved in, like the battered woman's shelter and the kids of blended families group.

We spoil our grandkids outrageously whenever we can and love each other like there will be no tomorrow. Elsbeth and I are putting together a class for non-traditional families and how they can find God's grace. Jeannette just looks at me and asks.

"Darling, what have you gotten us into this time?"As she strokes my hair lovingly. My knees still get rubbery when she calls me that.

Oh, for you who are interested in to know what happened in the Bernie, Ted, and Mary triangle. They still keep both houses, but the kids came to them one day and asked why, since they have been lovers for so long, that Bernie just didn't live with them again, like it was when they were little. So much for thinking that the kids didn't know. They are happy and that is all that really matters. We are still the best of friends.

I finally had to admit that I was, and always have been, a lesbian by nature, as my daughter Amy calls it. I finally figured this out while Jeannette and I were at this art thing. It had a section of erotic art.

She and I looked at all the pieces. She would point out a few. I noticed that the picture of a woman licking the thigh of another woman caught my interest. The one with a woman wrapped around a hunky naked man, did nothing for me. I realized that since childhood, I have always found a woman's body to be interesting and enticing. I remembered that I got engaged because it freed me from the unwanted attention of men and boys so I could spend more time with my girlfriends.

Looking back over the last forty seven years, I have a few regrets, but nothing that I can't live with. I have found my place, and it is right beside my lovely Jeannette. There is nothing greater than finding her looking down at me with her soulful green eyes, as I wake up in her arms every morning. Sometimes, you might even find us holding hands as we take our evening walks around the neighborhood.

Life truly couldn't be any better. God has blessed me in ways unforeseen. I am sorry if I cannot add more, but Grandma Joy-Joy needs some quality snuggle time with my granddaughter, the giggling, rambunctious, and ticklish; Jean.

Goodbye, and have a God blessed life.

Joyce Patterson-Hampton.


Postscript:

I want to thank all the people who have commented or left feedback. It means a great deal to me to hear what you, the reader thinks. Please take a scond and vote, or a minute and comment or leave feedback.

Thanks again

Myhands316

Myhands316
Myhands316
1,188 Followers