Midnight Ep. 005: TREASURE

Story Info
Within a chest you will find your soul. Bury it!
5.8k words
4.45
3.7k
1
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 5 of the 32 part series

Updated 09/14/2022
Created 08/11/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,861 Followers

(This series is a collaboration with my good friend Sanchez. His ideas, I ran with it. We will see how it evolves. He has a sound concept, and characters, I'm primarily piecing it all together and seeing how it plays out. We hope you enjoy our efforts.)

___________________________________________________________

Midnight Episode 005: TREASURE

___________________________________________________________

"You must be Lowell. Only guy in the joint."

"That would be me. Mister Sanchez I presume?" Lowell Hardwick rises from his seat to offer a handshake. Nick, evading it hands him a cashier's check instead.

"Shake this."

"Unconventional but I won't pry." The Banker looks at the check, his eyes bulging. "I thought we agreed on 1.8. This is for 2 even. Did I misunderstand something?"

"Nope! The extra $200,000 is my retaining your services. Get me a checking account started with $150,000 of that, the remaining 50,000 is for you. Earn your tip, Lowell."

"And how exactly am I doing that?"

"First off my gut tells me that property has a history that goes beyond the last few owners. I expect a file of every dirty little secret it's hiding."

"Are you expecting to find buried treasure there?"

"Never know! Seems to me it might have been a nice hideaway for someone if not something. Pirates might not be out of the realm. When was that place built?"

"1882 if I'm not mistaken. It's had a number of owners over 139 years. Long before me I'm afraid. You might drop by the Bureau of Land Management, and they can give you a..."

"You want that money or not?"

"I suppose I could be your errand boy. Make a few calls. Am I making coffee too?"

"Also... you know the locals around here. I want a tree cutting crew and some landscapers out there to mow the weeds down, get it looking presentable before I can bring in contractors to shape the structures up. Hire only those who really need the money, not someone greedy."

"Illegals?"

"Don't insult me."

"I just presumed you wanted to make the money go further."

"I'm not poor Lowell. Just use that money wisely. Be a gentleman and put it in the hands of those that really need the job."

"Well, if I only hire those out of work where do I get the equipment to do the job?"

"Rent it. Receipts Lowell. You have my deed ready?"

"As soon as you sign papers and I notarize."

"Let's get down to business I have things to do."

"Take a seat, and a pen."

Ink fresh Nick Sanchez owned a home. Lowell admired the man already. He knew what he wanted. A born leader. Tough as nails and to the point. Obviously, a heart was in his steely gaze somewhere. He just might be good for Caretaker. He was already taking care of them.

********

On the borderline of the Santee Rez...one property over from the gene pool.

"Did Veronica like her dress?"

"Yes. It still needs more altering, so I brought it back home." Midnight Amador told her Mother Irene while she was baking bread for their dinner, Midnight seeking a glass of water to quench her thirst. "Fresh bread. So... fattening."

"Your father likes fresh bread."

"He is finally coming home?"

"He is." Irene tried to be optimistic, her husband Esteban was hardly reliable. With only a land line phone, cell's far too man's world, that was all they had to go by. "Tonight! Come straight home after your shift at the diner."

"Yes mother."

"You were...quite late last night." Irene had only heard Midnight return home toward 10:00 PM., highly unusual.

"I met with Veronica remember?"

"Yes, of course. I only worry for your safety. Our home has no lights along the road for over a mile." Midnight knew this quite well; it was due to that fact that got her raped at age 16. Fond memories when it should not have been. Unlike most young women Midnight Isabella Amador... was different.

"The moon was out."

"Yes. Please be careful daughter."

"I will. I must go bathe before work." She turns her back to her mother and hides the fact that she swiped a knife from the cutlery set on the counter. Taking it with her she goes straight to the bathroom and locks herself inside for privacy. Her mother had not even noticed. If she had she might have presumed the worst, that perhaps her daughter contemplated suicide. Hardly the case.

Waiting on her tub to fill Midnight took off her pajamas and stood in the mirror leaning against a wall with peeling wallpaper. Their home was in dire need for repair. Peering at her reflection she ran her fingers over her pubic area where Nick Sanchez, the Man in Black had shaved her with his fierce looking blade, the kind she had never seen before. Perhaps, a predator's weapon. Finding her stubble grotesque, she turned away from her vision and obtained a washcloth. Stepping over the tubs edge she sank down into the still filling water. It was hot, for once. The water heater was on its last leg and her father didn't seem that worried until it finally pooped out. Esteban was a penny pincher they say, mainly so he would have money to spend at the local bars. She knew if he did show up tonight, he would be drunk, fuck his wife, sleep it off, then leave again by morning first light.

She often worried he must have a girlfriend elsewhere, only coming home possibly two days a week, saying he was working. Her mother Irene did not argue with him, she knew his hand well, his fist even more. Even Midnight was well aware of his belt, ofttimes the palm of his hand, the back of his knuckles, never however his fist. That was reserved for Irene. Esteban was not a nice fellow most days. Hardly ever to be honest. Still, he was a provider. Food on the table if not sparse.

Irene took orders for sewing, and blanket making when her customers bought the materials first, paying her upon final delivery of goods. Native Santee, Irene did have friends who often helped them, even if the outcast was married to another race. Midnight, however, was not embraced being of two worlds. A loner outside of her friendship with Veronica Redmane, her soul sister she called her. Veronica was not in any better shape, even her man was white. Living off the Rez was the best thing to ever happen to V. Her man William aka Will was good to her. They were happy, which made Midnight happy...for them.

Midnight herself did not understand happiness, all she had in her life was despair, a very low self-esteem, a desire only to make others happy when she could not claim it as her own. Shyness, and being awkward due to her isolation did not help. What made others happy made her feel unworthy. She...existed.

Water valve turned her water flow ended and cleaning up became priority. Once she had washed her body thoroughly, and shampooed her hair, a luxury her father might say of shampoo, Midnight held her bar of soap and moved up to her knees in the cloudy water. Soaping up her pubic area she used the knife to carefully shave her pubes. Even razors were something Esteban found unnecessary. This knife was hardly perfect, but she had nothing better for shaving not only her pubes, but her legs. Having to wear short dresses at the diner required her to keep them smooth. They were never silky soft, but at least not noticed. Finding her knife awkward in getting within the crevices around the hood of her pussy she did her best and prayed the Man in Black should he return approved. It was definitely an improvement over his butcher job to make a point. Point!

Recalling him use the razor-sharp tip of his huge blade on her clit made her tremble in the water. Sitting back down in the tub she poised her legs wide and bit her lower lip. Taking the steak knife she did as he had in tickling her clit with the tip, careful not to cut herself or ruin a perfectly good clitoris for life. The sensations made her tense up, drawing away for fear of a bloody mess. Again and again, she used it, shiver after shiver she questioned why he had shared this experience with her. Was it some lesson he was trying to offer, letting her figure out what it was meant to be? It would remain a mystery for now. Hearing an unexpected knock, she nearly nicked herself and held her breath, eyes like saucers.

"Midnight? I need to use the potty."

"One moment mother. Let me dry off."

"Why do you lock the door?"

"Did I? It must have been an accident." She quickly hid the knife beneath some towels on a shelf, taking a single towel to dry off and hurry to unlock the door. As her mother entered without a moment to waste, dropping her shorts to squat, Midnight gathered her pajamas and scurried to her room. Irene seeing hair floating in the tub surmised what her daughter had done.

"I will drain your bathwater." Irene wipes then washes her hands beneath the bath faucet, she was already there in uncorking the drain. Did it matter how she did it?

"Thank you, Mother."

Hardly naïve Irene tracked the steak knife under the towels it was stashed beneath and pondered what kind of life they had. Fidgeting Irene sighed, "Perhaps I should use this on my husband." Perish the thought. She would take the knife back to the kitchen after rinsing the tub ring and washing the blade with soap and water at the tub's faucet. Like before, did it matter? Irene said nothing about her discovery. Let her daughter realize it on her own, like so many other things in life.

Midnight got dressed in her clean waitress uniform and pinned up her hair. With minutes to spare and her walk to the main road distant she hurried from her home, a peck to Irene's cheek her final farewell. It was then in passing she noted the steak knife returned to the cutlery set. Like her mother she let it go unsaid.

A vivid smile led Midnight in her journey.

********

While downtown Nick Sanchez decided to take a stroll around the business district of Caretaker, having time before meeting the Cooper's for lunch. While early most local shops were just now opening up for business. What caught his eye most while driving to the bank earlier was an antique store. He had a thing for tradition and used treasures. Something his grandfather instilled in him at a young age growing up in New York. Being the only person walking the streets seemed fitting considering he was pretty much a loner these days. Pausing in front of the shop known as Al's Cove or as it was meant to interpret Alcove, he chuckled under his breath at the originality in the name. Window shopping at first, he found himself lured inside by a young woman with blond hair, possibly early 20's waving him in. As soon as he ventured in, she met him with, "Save me."

"Excuse me?"

"Save me from boredom. My Grandfather left me in charge today so he could go fishing. I hate my life."

"And this is my problem?"

"It can be." She flirted, hiking her skirt up to show him her butt. She was definitely not shy. While not the most impressive body in the town she wasn't any ugly duckling either. Nick merely ignored her and set about looking at items in the store. "Are you gay?"

"Nope! Just not interested."

"Sucks to be you. I could have rocked your world." She felt jilted.

"I doubt that. I take it your grandfather's name is Al."

"Albert, yeah! I'm Alexis so I'm an Al too. As in Alexis Texas." She grew bubbly bouncing about still trying to tempt him, tits bobbing didn't hurt, didn't help either. "But seeing as I'm from South Carolina you can call me Carolina Vagina. I hope to be a Porn star someday."

"I'm sure you'll turn a few heads."

"I give awesome head."

"How much for that old trunk over there?"

"As if I know. Give me $20 bucks it's yours."

"It's worth more than that."

"That thing has been sitting there since I was a baby. Nobody wants that piece of crap."

"I do." He crouches inspecting its ornate hinges and rusted lock. "Gotta key for it?"

"Why do you think it's been there forever?"

"So... no key." He examines the lock closer jostling it a bit, "Wouldn't take much to break the lock. But that would ruin its charisma."

"Maybe there's a treasure inside. I know there's something in the trunk you can hear it move when you lift it."

"I'll give you $100 bucks."

"I was going to give it to you for free." She steps closer and lifts her skirt in front, this time showing off no panties, a cute enough cunt smiling back at him.

"No key for that either. Get it through your head. Not interested."

"Then it's not for sale." She grew defiant and vindictive.

Nodding at her ignorance Nick stood up and took out his wallet. Plucking out a hundred-dollar bill he went to the counter and found a pen, writing, "For the trunk. If you want more than this my name is Sanchez. Find me. Ask around I'm new to town." on the bill. From there he moved to the front door and reached above it where a horseshoe hung. Tucking it in he then used his cell to take a picture of it. From there he returned to the trunk and found Alexis sitting on it.

"Not for sale." She folded her arms. "Unless?" She placed her feet up on it and pulled her skirt back up to rub her clit hoping Nick would cave.

"Fine! Backroom?"

"YESSSSSS!" Alexis squealed and leaped off of the trunk and headed toward a curtained doorway. As soon as she crawled off Nick plucked up the chest and began carrying it out. Realizing his bluff she yelled, "I'll call the cops. You're stealing from us."

"Money's waiting on Al." He opened the door and carried the trunk down the street to his borrowed 4Runner. Putting it in back he saw Alexis go next door to the ice cream parlor and tell them she had a thief. The owner of the shop stepped out to get a license plate number off of the 4Runner but found Nick pulling right up to the curb beside the man.

"Relay a message to Al for me." He told the owner, "Money's above the door. You can go look for yourself." He then showed him the picture he took on his cell. Grumbling at Alexis the owner nodded for Nick to drive on. Alexis was nothing but trouble. Sadly, the parlor owner let her give him a BJ. Anything to shut that bitch up.

********

"Hi Auntie."

"There's my lovely niece. How are you this fine morning?" Tilly Cooper followed by her husband Sheldon entered the diner. Hardly busy at the moment they chose their own booth in waiting for Nick Sanchez. Midnight covered Naomi and fellow waitress Caprice who were outside smoking.

"Menu's?"

"We can wait until Mister Sanchez shows up before ordering Sweetheart. He's paying anyway." Sheldon grinned at his niece by marriage. While in love with his wife even Sheldon had a roving eye. Never venturing to acknowledge a deeper fondness for Midnight he chose the better part of valor.

"I'll take ice water though." Tilly patted her niece's forearm gently. "Oh! We sold the old Harbinger Shoal's area to Mister Sanchez. 1.8 million dollars. Can you believe that? The man doesn't appear wealthy, but he must be."

Midnight looked stunned but withheld speech concerning what her aunt thought of the man, "I'll grab two waters." Sheldon would get one regardless.

"So where are we vacationing after we get this bonus?" Sheldon chuckled already considering options. "I say we head to the mountains. This beach living is getting old."

"Colorado?"

"Let's do that. Horseback riding, whitewater rafting, looking for UFO's."

"None of which you will really do Dear. Let's just go somewhere and relax once I make calls for Mister Sanchez."

"Make calls? You gave him Gullivant's number, let him do the calling."

"He asked us to locate those less fortunate to assist him in rebuilding. I want to touch base with the Tribal Council and have them round up some..."

"You really think those old farts are going to help the white folk?"

"If money is involved, they will. Let me at least try and see if Newton Waterfall will talk to Mister Sanchez. We both know the poverty level around here Sheldon."

"Yep! There's your millionaire now." He nodded out the window to see Nick pull up in his 4Runner right on time. "Let's get paid."

"Technically we already did."

"You know what I mean."

"It's only lunch Sheldon. He paid us by just buying the place."

"You're right. I'm just jolly today."

"Aren't you always?" She rubs her belly to emphasize he could lose a few pounds.

"Hey! Pie sounds good." He wiggled his brows flirtatiously.

"I give up."

Entering the diner Nick Sanchez easily found the realtors and joined them at their booth, sitting next to the much thinner Tilly. Nodding at Sheldon was all he got.

"Deed in hand?" Tilly smiled.

"Deeds done! Thank you again Tilly. I set Lowell on a mission like I did you. I want a complete history on Harbinger Shoals, from the first boot to ever to set foot on the land to my ownership."

"Have you called Niles yet?"

"Not yet. After lunch. You two order?"

"No, we felt it respectful to wait on you."

"That's her job." Nick pointed at Midnight who was looking their way sheepishly, giving them time to talk before intervening. A point toward the floor next to their booth Nick lured the girl in. Hurrying to his side she shyly stood there until she noticed him continuing to point at the tile. With her aunt and uncle there, a brief hesitation made her pause. Using her pen, she drops it on the floor as her excuse to kneel as if picking it up but remains there as if ready to take the order.

"What can I get you?" She mumbled.

"Kneepads?" Sheldon chuckled, "Are you staying down there all-day Kiddo?"

"I... like it down here."

Tilly lifted her right eyebrow and scowled at her behavior. Uncertain why she was acting this way Tilly tapped her silverware on the tabletop. "Where are your manners Dear?"

"She's fine!" Nick interjected, ignoring Midnight to peruse the menu. Tilly snapped a glance at Sheldon noticing his eyes lured toward her fallen niece. Being tucked against the window Tilly could only see Midnight from her shoulders up. What she was missing was Midnight's legs in her crouch, knees not on the floor but instead fanning wide, her skirt up enough in her pose to reveal no panties and a nicely groomed pussy. Sheldon was beginning to drool. It took Tilly to clear her throat before her husband would even look at his menu.

"Pork loin with carrots and baby red potatoes." Nick gave his order. "Peach pie for dessert."

"I was just thinking of pie myself." Sheldon said, again admiring Midnight's slice. It was a sweet peach. "I'll take a Lobster."

"That's too expensive Sheldon." Tilly grimaced.

"My money." Nick growled, "Live it up! I plan to." It was then he dared to peer at Midnight. Eying her feet he saw no socks. A wink at her that led to, "Stand!" Rising swiftly Midnight acted proper, Tilly noting her expression of pride.

"Aunt Tilly?" She enquired an answer on her decision of appetite.

"I'll take a Lobster too. Extra lemon on the side."

"Good choice." Nick grinned.

"Watch those pinchers." Sheldon chuckled using his fingers as if wanting to pinch her nipples but keeping it clean for Tilly. Knowing it looked obvious he moved in Tilly's direction with them as if to pinch her instead. Tilly merely swatted him with her menu.

"Drinks?" Midnight asked.

Nick took point with, "Pitcher of tea. Lemon for Tilly there."

"Trying to make my wife pucker up?" Sheldon winked at him.

"That's your job." Nick handed Midnight his menu, the others joining in passing them over. "Midnight?"

"Yes, Sir?"

"What did I tell you about calling me Sir?"

"Sorry! Yes?"

"No ice cream this time."

"Got it!"

"Not yet!" He paused her as she turned away. Returning Midnight awaited further words. "Whip cream! For Sheldon there. He wants peach pie too."

"You read my mind Buddy." Sheldon huffed.

"Easy enough."

"Is that all?" Midnight probed the table, avoiding her aunt's scrutiny the best she could.

"For now!" Nick ignored her again. Taking her leave Midnight turned her order into the kitchen. In filling a fresh pitcher of tea her partner Caprice returned from her extended smoke break and approached her after spotting Nick.

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,861 Followers
12