Midnight Ep. 018: PaLACE

Story Info
Nick gets a history lesson on the shoals. Dawn Bearpaw'd up!
7.8k words
4.72
2.7k
0
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 18 of the 32 part series

Updated 09/14/2022
Created 08/11/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,861 Followers

(This series is a collaboration with my good friend Sanchez. His ideas, I ran with it. We will see how it evolves. He has a sound concept, and characters, I'm primarily piecing it all together and seeing how it plays out. We hope you enjoy our efforts.)

____________________________________

MIDNIGHT Episode 018: PaLACE

____________________________________

"I'm not knocking your methods Nick, but are you sure it's safe leaving Midnight under those conditions?" Dawn Bearpaw once again let the enigmatic Nick Sanchez drive her former master's spirit, his ashes having been spread into the paint of his Ford Raptor as if a guardian angel. "I mean the dust alone from that wall collapsing is bad enough without her sharing that cell with a domestic wife beater and that nutty grandma in the fur coat."

"She's fine. That guy won't let anything happen. Trust my judge of character Bearpaw. Like you did in serving Tom here." He pats the steering wheel. "He steered you in the right direction, didn't he?"

"You got me there. God, I miss him." She began to weep then toughened up just as rapidly. "If I'm being honest here, he put me through far worse, but he knew powerful people. I... felt safe in his possession. Sometimes things... were not in my favor, yet I did walk out of it shaken and smiling."

"Then you understood who had you by the soul."

"Yes... I did! I think that's why I have his ashes and his truck, and his home. He's with me wherever I go."

"Keep him closer still."

"Are we heading to Harbinger Shoals now?"

"After I drop off Caprice."

"Why is it she's riding in the truck bed again? She's not... a slave, is she?"

"Nope! But long as she's laying down back there nobody can see her riding with us."

"Uhh? There was enough room in the backseat to lay down in."

"Tom didn't want her on the furniture. Surprised you were allowed." He winked at her.

"That's an interesting observation considering in his home I wasn't allowed even in his bed." She paused then looked back out the rear window, "Wow! He allowed her in his bed even now."

"You've never been in that truck bed? All those binding hooks welded in everywhere?"

"Only with a cage beneath me so I didn't actually touch the bed."

"Caged too? I'm liking Tom more and more."

With a sheepish smile she concluded, "I think he'd like you too." Suddenly, it felt wrong sitting in the passenger seat, it was furniture. Yet how could she not occupy the furnishings when she did drive this beast? Tom was obviously overlooking his grooming of her in that aspect, or he would never have left her his prize possessions.

Eight minutes later Nick Sanchez drove by his borrowed beach house eying his mirrors to see if he had any tails. With nothing nagging his keen senses he turned the Raptor around then went back to the lengthy driveway leading into the home of Marcus Jericho. "Trucks not going to fit in the garage. Hang on!"

"Hang on?" Her eyes flared up as he took an embankment of high grass and drove across the lawn to the beach side of the house. Careful not to go into the sand he hid the truck on the blind side of it all. The bumpy ride sent Caprice Comstock all over the bed of the truck. The two-minute assault and battery left her shaken up and cussing. As Nick came to a halt and shut the truck off, she sat up and still could barely see over the sidewalls. She heard ocean so she knew they were here.

"That was fun. Tom used to take me off road, but I was always in the front watching the world coming at me." She pointed at the trucks hood. "He used to tie me face down on the hood spread eagle and wearing a protective hood. Not so much fun going through tree overgrowth and being scratched up all over by limbs. He used to call that Mother Earth's way of saying who the real boss was. He was just following her orders. Said he learned everything he knew from her."

"So, he took a switch to your ass."

"A couple hundred switches. Yet, I came through it with no scars. Not even mentally."

"You're alright Bearpaw. Tom here likes the place. Why don't you go for a quick swim to cool off while I get Caprice settled?"

"Don't want me seeing how you live? You a slob?"

"Something like that."

"No bikini, you mind?"

"Just you and Tom." The headlights were facing the water like bulging eyes. "Show off for him while I'm gone."

Getting out Nick put the tailgate down and found Caprice stunned and pointing at him, "You did that on purpose."

"Did what?"

"Tossed me around like a rag doll. Made me sit on hot metal. Is this more of my training?"

"Not training you. Told you you're only on call for a good time. You're Dolan's cunt now!"

"I like Dolan. Always have, but it was never the right time with Ollie hanging around. You know this is going to get ugly Nick. Ollie will trash my car and my home. I wouldn't be surprised if I find everything torched like Esteban did to Midnight's home. Another day I won't have anything but the clothes I'm wearing."

"From the ashes!" He told her then patted the truck bed, "Isn't that right Tom?" Ashes to ashes, rust to rust!

"Who's Tom?"

"Tomorrow!" He sighed; it was befitting. "Get your ass out of bed. You can camp here a few days until we can agree on safety. If Oliver comes looking for revenge after I laid him out and threatened him, he's a very stupid man."

"It's not him I worry about. It's his affiliations."

"His biker club? I think a few of them fear me now yet respect me for not having them arrested. We both had the chance." He nodded at Dawn wiggling across the beach toward the ocean waves. Her long, very long mane billowing about like an angel's wings. It had her ass covered save for when the wind offered glimpses. Walking out into the surf and submerging he sighed and respected Tom in turning his gaze away. "All yours Tomas!"

Caprice dropping to the ground let Nick shut the gate before following him up into the beach house. At the wall of accordion doors leading to his bedroom he found an alarm pad and keyed in a code that turned off its sensitivity. Opening only a single panel allowed them entry. "Shoes off."

"Clothing too?" She giggled.

"You can do that when you shower. Rules! No snooping. TV has cable. There are a few groceries in the pantry to fix. Survive until I come back for you."

"Do I have to stay inside? Can I lay out and sunbathe? Go for a swim like Bearpaw?"

"Should be safe here. I'm not sharing the alarm codes with you in case you get abducted. I won't let Oliver or anyone else gain entry here." He taps the glass, "Bulletproof glass. Presidential grade! I'm giving you a gun but do not use it unless you have to. Don't shoot me when I come home. Better yet don't shoot yourself in the foot."

"The breeze feels incredible coming through the door. Sorry Sir... but I'm losing my stitches." She ignored him and stripped out of her clothing for comfort. Nude she did a little dance then spanked her ass in front of him. "Don't get turned on."

"Not even a twitch." He ignored her beauty he needed to take a leak. While in the bathroom Caprice hugged the door frame and watched Dawn strolling about in three feet of water, her hair silky black due to being wet and like an extra-long tail behind her. Being bi-sexual Caprice smiled, "I always thought that kid was gorgeous. I really hope she doesn't get hurt because of her association with Nick. Speaking of association, I didn't finish telling Nick about the real threat that backs Oliver. I wonder if Dawn warned him of..." Just as she pondered the situation a monarch butterfly landed on the hood of the Raptor as if a hood ornament. Dead center of the hood between the two headlights. To a superstitious person it would almost look as if it were watching Dawn dancing about in the surf.

While Caprice couldn't see the butterfly on the hood, she had noticed it in flight. It reminded her of the dead butterfly story she heard from the waitress Lynette, her son Ronny being the active culprit in the butterfly's demise after burning a wing off. Sick kid Ronny! A click startling her she turned to see Nick holding a 9MM handgun with another clip under his armpit. "Click! Click! Boo!" He smirked. "Ever fire one of these?"

"I have. Oliver used to take me to the firing range. The Rez has one. Of course, he used me as a target with a beer can on top of my head. Twisted fucker! Stupid me for letting him. I was too scared of him not to. It took a while for me to grow some... bawls. By balls I mean stopped shedding tears and left him, bawls as in crying my eyes out. For all the good that did me as you can tell."

"Sounds like the Rez has a lot more to offer than poverty shows."

"Oh yes! There's a wealthy class side to the Rez. One that has quite a lot of control as you must imagine. Casino, hotel if not a huge one. If you've only seen Newton Waterfall's home, you were on the poor side. Newton lives within his means even though he has money and influence being an Elder."

"I wondered why the police force had a new ride."

"Yep! I never finished my earlier warning. Ollie is kind of like a henchman for the casino owner. Has Lillian mentioned the name Nodin Merrick?"

"No. Who is he?"

"Fourth highest elder. Newton is oldest, then it goes to Bobby Black Fox and Cordell Dance Among Hail, then Merrick. There's a few elders below Merrick."

"What's so important about Merrick?"

"Seen the Godfather movies?" She laughed. "Never turn your back on Merrick or underestimate him. His influence is money. Drugs! Prostitution! He set Ollie up with his small-scale strip club called SanTease. Well, technically Merrick's daughters did. Rich kids with small scale responsibilities. Crimson and Mikaela, they're twins. Only kids Merrick has, he was never blessed with a warrior son so I guess Ollie might be the closest thing without being blood. How do you think his gang have Harley's instead of dirt bikes? Definitely not on their good looks."

"I noticed how new they were. I am observant."

"Not doubting you Handsome." She accepts the 9MM and ejects the clip. "I'll put it back in later. Somehow, I feel safe here Nick. Thanks for putting me up."

"Only temporary."

"Where are Irene and Midnight going to go? Esteban, I presume hell."

"Tilly and Sheldon's getting ready to fly out to Colorado on vacation. They can house sit."

"I'll need to go back to work tomorrow. I don't have my uniform here."

"Dolan can take you to get your things."

"I just hope Ollie doesn't ambush him. He's not afraid of our laws this side of the Rez. Dolan only has three active officers, and they work twelve-hour shifts as it is. They're all tired."

"He asked me to be a Deputy."

"Nice! Accepting?"

"No. I served my country in ways they don't even know. Shed more blood than I'll ever admit. Mine included."

"I noticed the scars... remember?"

"Some go deeper than flesh wounds. Don't even talk about my going deep." He chuckled.

"Mmm! Question?"

"Maybe!"

She tilts her gaze to look out at Dawn walking back from the beach her large breasts bobbing about rejoicing in the sun. "You seem to be awful friendly with Newton's granddaughter back there. Driving I presume her ride? She must be getting a hefty raise at the Historical Indigenous Society." Nick caught on to that as the initials H.I.S. Tom was on to something he thought.

"Only along for the ride."

"That's what she said." CC gyrated her hips as if riding a big cock, hands in front of her as if hovering to palm a chest. Nick tossed her the second clip to the gun to halt her actions, she laughing at him. "Come on Nick... let me in Buddy."

"Miss Bearpaw is here to walk me through the history of Harbinger Shoals. Her lifestyle is her business. I told her to go for a swim she did. No bathing suit what can I say?"

He noticed Dawn holding a monarch butterfly on her fingertips as she stood next to the driver's side fender well, musing over it with a riveting smile. It reminded him of the wingless wonder he brought home from the treasure chest he purchased. The one he used to develop Midnight through trade off rewards for giving up her former life. The offering meant something to Nick even if he had to place the deceased butterfly in his journal.

Pausing to watch her, CC noticed the mesmerizing effect and followed his eyes back toward Lillian Dawn. Even Caprice found her goddess like beauty entrancing. Blowing softly at the butterfly it took flight and she shared a smile at her voyeurs. "In Native American lore the butterfly is the soul of a loved one lingering here to guide us."

"Tom?"

"That would be wonderful." She giggled.

"Uhh? Who is Tom? You said tomorrow earlier. What am I missing?"

"Same thing Dawn is. Time to go Bearpaw, get your ass dressed." He walked around Caprice and out the door. Caprice hanging on to both sides of the door threshold watched Nick Sanchez climb back under the steering column and Dawn join him, her vest unlaced but clinging to her. The laces dangling reminded Nick of Midnight's temporary noose. Tempted to call the cop shop and ask about her he realized only the Dispatcher Granny Gertrude was likely the only one there with Dolan on his way to Cordoba, Darcy and Koones on patrol. Not the ideal environment under the conditions, but if Midnight came out of those conditions as he hoped she would, a pair of valuable lessons would be taught. Tolerance and immobility!

Driving less roughly on the way out, Nick left Caprice all alone. Not quite!

"Hey! Intruder alert." She laughed as the butterfly flew over her head and into the beach house. She shrugged at it, "I could use the company. Howdy Tom!"

Why not?

********

Cordoba General Hospital...

"Best behavior Esteban."

"Aye Sheriff. I am no threat."

"We'll know here shortly, won't we?" Dolan Roster nudged the cuffed Esteban Amador through the lobby. With it being near noon now, the earlier staff had switched their twelve-hour roles with other Doctors and nurses, even the receptionists. A casual stroll up to the new front desk nurse to the ICU replacing nurse Nadine, Dolan informed the adorable blonde with glasses that he needed to see Irene Amador if she wasn't resting. A call to the on-duty ICU doctor replacing Dante Wolfe, who at this very moment was at home getting a nice warm body massage from his charge nurse Alisha, left him waiting. A few minutes later a leggy redhead with a killer body stepped out, her hair pinned up in a bun.

"Good morning, Sheriff. I'm Doctor Airika Ferrec, I'm taking over for Doctor Wolfe until later tonight. He told me you would be needing to speak with Mrs. Amador."

"How is my wife?" Este interrupted her.

"Oh! You're her husband?" She noted the cuffed hands behind his back. "I see? Will this be safe? She's sedated but aware at the moment. Her sister and mother are with her currently."

"The brother?" Dolan looked around.

"I believe he went for breakfast. He was banned from the hospital but allowed to call and check on her."

"Good riddance I say." Este hissed.

"Quiet!" Dolan nodded as Este fell silent.

"I'll advise you only a fifteen-minute visitation. If she gets upset, end it before then please."

"Will do!" Roster understood gripping Esteban's arm, "Nothing to rile her."

"Of this I swear."

"After you Doctor Freak... Ferrec." He apologized, Airika smirking at his innocent mistake.

"I'm not offended. That was what I was called in medical school. Childhood without the degree. Even worse my first name begins with the letter A...so you can imagine the A. Ferrec as A. Freak. Follow me." Turning Dolan cocked an eyebrow. That was rather forward. Her blue medical scrubs were tight in the inseam so that near perfect butt was quite appealing. Even Esteban grumbled that he would tap that. Dolan scowled but agreed. Looking away from her trailing testosterone even she grinned sheepishly. Dolan was cute! Not the time Freaks!

At Irene's ICU door, Airika stopped long enough to tell them, "As long as her current state doesn't change, I imagine Doctor Wolfe will have Irene transferred to a room. Her burns are well taken care of, no longer any signs of internal bleeding or concussion. She just needs rest and time to heal."

"Thanks Doc."

"Aye! We will take good care of me wife."

"You aren't going to get that close to her." Dolan sneered, "No hugs. You pawed up Midnight enough back at the jail without trying that on the wife."

"I merely missed my daughter. I could have lost her... them both."

"Stop acting all concerned Esteban. You know you left them 90% of their lives out there...in the ash pit. After this who knows... I'm guessing Sanchez will see to them from here on."

"He will not care for what is mine."

"Lower the tone." Airika suggested. Este hissing nodded with an apologetic lowering of eyelids. It was enough to allow them entry. Carefully Airika held the door open so that Dolan could escort Esteban inside. The deadly glares stabbed him the instant he stepped through.

"How are we today, Irene?" Dolan asked.

"Esteban?" Irene pouted with weary eyes, her hand lifting as if to reach for him. Understanding her need Dolan led him to her bed, Tilly Cooper sidestepped to give them room. Leaning over Irene with a sorrowful expression Esteban felt his wife palm his cheek. If she had the strength, she might have slapped him, but the emotion quickly faded.

"Forgive me wife. I... am a fool."

"Got that right." Dorothy Sage frowned from her wheelchair. Tilly nonchalantly patted her mother's shoulder to silence Dorothy's distaste for the Spaniard.

"Yes... you are husband. Quite the fool!"

"Mind if I clear the room ladies?" Dolan requested, "I need to have a word with the lovebirds." Nodding Tilly took Dorothy and pushed her toward the door, Airika holding it for their departure. Just before leaving Dolan looked at Tilly. "Where's Sheldon?"

"He took an Uber to go get our car from the shop. New tires."

"Ah! Right! Figured he was in the cafeteria feeding his face." He winked as Tilly frowned. Sheldon was quite the hefty eater. As the door closed Airika winked at Dolan then left them alone. He just did not know how to take that. First, he lands CC after years of being alone to raise his daughter Alexis without ever dating and now he had a doctor flirting with him. "Has to be because of Sanchez. He's like a magnet to women. Maybe he brushed some mojo off his shoulder, and it landed on me." No time for himself, down to business. "Okay! Este...step away. I already gave you a moment." Esteban cooperated and stood back looking miserable.

"Irene? I need you to be honest here. Don't defend him if he tried to hurt you on purpose. I know it's difficult but once he goes free there's nothing I can do until he hurts you again. Next time might be worse than this round." He then directs his attention to Esteban, "Goes for you too Este. Now is the time to respect your wife and show her you either love her or wish her harm."

"Of course, I love me wife."

"Irene?"

"I will not press charges. However,..." She stared at Esteban with every ounce of strength she had in her at the moment. "I will not go back to you ever again. I will not divorce you, but I will not share time with you going forward. You will stay away from our daughter. No more of your touching her. She is our baby Esteban." Tears fell. "You should be ashamed of yourself as I am in letting you get away with it."

"Mister Sanchez, the man who saved you from dying in the fire...wants a restraining order. I'm going to issue one for thirty days just to give Este a chance to prove he can stay away. If you ask for an extension Irene, I'll make it happen."

"I will honor you that wife. I will prove myself. Know I love you."

"That ship as they say has sailed. My love has... dwindled. Our daughter is grown now and... while I don't quite understand her these days, I will be the one there for her... not you."

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,861 Followers