Might Have Been Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Not Cinderella, I thought to myself as I climbed into the car, noting Sarah's blood-red lips, ebony hair, and ivory skin. She looks like Snow White, but she has the soul of the wicked stepmother – a little cold around the heart.

Amy asked if I knew where she lived. When I nodded, she leaned against the door and seemed to sleep on our drive back to Monroe. I enjoyed her silent company on the drive. Dave and Sarah whispered love-murmurs in the back seat while Dave tickled Sarah's feet. Amy didn't stir, even when I dropped off the backseat-lovers at Dave's house, and I let her rest.

I was still feeling high from endorphins and fulfilled romantic dreams. Would it be this easy? Could I just begin my life again from this point, spending it with Amy? Could I just leave Tasha behind? At this moment, I wanted nothing more and shushed the voice of guilt and responsibility that tried to tell me nothing important was ever easy. I was living my fantasy. I wasn't going to discard my dream due to some fortune-cookie aphorism half-baked in the oven of my subconscious.

As soon as I stopped the car in Amy's driveway, the door was suddenly open, and Amy climbed out. “Thanks for a fun night, Lance,” she said as she closed the door.

What? No conversation about what tonight meant, or the status of our relationship? No goodnight kiss?

Nothing important was ever easy.

I left the car, following her to the porch. I saw a shadow moving in her house behind the door, and assumed it was her notoriously overprotective father. There was a sign next to the door:

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE – I KILL PEOPLE

The words “...WHO TOUCH MY DAUGHTER” were unwritten, but implied. This wasn't a good time and place for a detailed discussion of our relationship. “Amy, have breakfast with me tomorrow. My treat.”

Amy studied the floorboards of the porch. “Lance, tonight... um... was great and all – I mean really great, but I don't want you to get the wrong idea.”

My face mimed a collision with a shovel. This didn't make any sense. The night had been perfect – I had done everything right. She was everything I hoped, and I had provided a night of romantic bliss that was the stuff of her stories. I had trouble getting the words out without yelling, so I clenched my teeth and spoke in a low growl. “The wrong idea? You said you had been waiting months to fuck me!”

She cringed and glanced over her shoulder, but I had kept my voice low enough her dad didn't hear. I hoped.

“Um, yeah, I had been waiting, silly, and I did, um, you know... with you.” She whispered the last four words, embarrassed.

I flinched. After one of the greatest sexual experiences of my life, I was being dumped. My head swam with despair. “So that's it? This was a one night stand?” You are going to spit on ten years of my dreams?

“Lance!” She had the decency to blush. “You seemed to be enjoying it at the time. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. And just so you know, you were very good for a virgin. I'm sure you will be amazing and last a lot longer when you get more experience. Um, I have to get inside.” She then opened the door and scooted into her house.

I caught a glimpse of a middle-aged man sitting in a chair, cleaning a rifle. I nodded to him. He didn’t smile and he just stared at me. I turned back to the car, shoulders slumped in defeat.

Nothing important was ever easy.

A castle of hope, built over the last two hours, had collapsed into rubble in just seconds. Fuck fortune-cookie aphorisms. Fuck fathers with rifles. Fuck Tasha. Fuck Sarah. Fuck Amy. And fuck me.

Wait... I'll be amazing and last a lot longer when I get more experience?

Fuck Amy twice.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

NOTE: Thanks for reading. Please vote and let me know your thoughts.