Might Have Been Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Oh God.

“I was curious, but wasn't sure I would like it, and I didn't think we could go back if I didn't. I didn't want to lose my best friend.”

I felt my orgasm building. I tried to restrain it.

“And with what would I have to compare it? I had never been with a guy either.”

I thrust harder inside her, to remind her this was no longer true.

“So this was my fantasy too. I needed to try both. And now I have.”

I had been wondering if Sidney and I had been using Amber, and now I realized both of us had been outmaneuvered. Whose idea had the girl-on-girl action really been? I had suggested it, but it had been Amber who had asked me about my fantasies. It was Amber who had sold it to Sidney, affecting a casual naivete to make sure everyone participated. I remember wondering just yesterday if Amber had hidden her light under a bushel, pretending to be dumber than she was, in order to avoid intimidating people. I had my answer.

“Aren't you the little manipulator,” I said, more with admiration than malice.

Amber's laughter was a desert wind in my ear. “You should talk. Life is manipulation, but it matters why and for whom.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“I thought you were supposed to be smart.” Her tongue was wet and warm in my ear, taking the edge off her taunt. “Maybe I just wanted to be understood.”

I had no response.

“Now finish this,” Amber insisted, in words composed of sighs and moans. “I need to feel what it’s like to have you come inside me.”

I knew who was truly in charge tonight, and I followed orders.

Amber's confession had been as erotic for her as it was for me. The revealing of her secrets culminated in a sexual release. She bit into my shoulder as I fired my climax inside her.

I collapsed on top of Amber, dizzy. What the fuck was it with the girls of this town, and their knack for revealing something mid-climax? What was it with me that I kept getting off on it?

Amber ran her hands up and down my back, holding me close.

Sidney sadly watched us, mistaking our whispers for an exclusive intimacy.

“You have to tell Sidney that you know,” I whispered in Amber's ear. “She loves you. She's scared to death she'll lose you, and needs to know it's okay.”

“I know. You're so sweet. The lies are about to end.” She kissed me on the forehead, and spoke. “Sidney, I have a confession to make. I hope you won't think I'm weird or anything, but I really loved what you were doing to me earlier. I must be bisexual or something, and I would love it if we could do that again. I hope we can still room together in college, and that my confession isn’t wrecking our friendship.”

Sidney gawked.

I dismounted Amber, watching Sidney's eyes water until tears spilled down her round cheeks.

Amber tutted. “Oh sweetie, come here. This is happy time.” She opened her arms, and Sidney collapsed into them. “Lance, that was wonderful, but Sidney and I have some talking to do. Would you be a dear and give us some privacy? As the lead lifeguard on duty, I have determined the pool is closed for the day.”

I pulled on my swim trunks, recognizing I needed to leave. Amber was holding Sidney in her arms, and Sidney was crying into Amber's shoulder. I felt like an intruder, but couldn't leave without first saying goodbye. I bent down to hug Sidney farewell. She tilted her head up, kissed me on the cheek, and whispered a choked “thank you” in my ear.

Life is manipulation, but it matters why and for whom. “Good luck,” I whispered back, and kissed her on the nose.

I threw on my T-shirt, and grabbed my gym bag. I heard them talking quietly as I left them alone, and I walked out to my car.

Mixed emotions were becoming a familiar sensation. I was thrilled for them. I had climbed the sexual equivalent of Mount Everest, and had proven a stellar matchmaker. And unless I missed my guess, I had just turned the most beautiful girl in town into a switch hitter with a taste for threesomes. Men would not know my name, but they would sing my praises just the same.

I didn’t feel rejected. Unlike Amy and Courtney, I had never really entertained long term fantasies about Amber. I liked her, and was attracted to her, but knew she wasn’t for me.

Nevertheless, I was on the outside once again. The multiverse was mocking me. I could fiddle with all the dials, turn all the knobs, and conduct different experiments, but the outcome was still me trying to find what I was searching for – either a way to make Tasha happy, or a place in my past where I could escape from her forever.

The other source of my mixed feelings was that events tonight validated what I had said to Dave. Love would find a way. You needed to take risks and make sacrifices. Both Amber and Sidney took significant chances tonight. It infuriated me Sarah couldn't see that, and as a result, she and Dave – my favorite couple in the world – had broken up.

I surveyed my surroundings. The bad weather had mostly passed. Aftershocks of thunder rumbled across the sky, but the lightning was now hidden. Puddles lay on the ground, and the air smelled of ozone.

It was then I noticed a third car in the parking lot, other than mine and Amber’s. I recognized the blue beat-up Saturn, just as I recognized the woman sitting on its hood. She was wearing tight black jeans, black boots, and a maroon blouse. With her raven hair, scarlet lips, and porcelain skin, her clothing color choice made her resemble Snow White more than usual. She also had a bottle in her right hand, wrapped in a paper bag, which she held out to me as I approached.

“Buy a girl a drink?” Sarah asked.

I remembered Dave's words from earlier today. You will know I was right if she shows up to see you today.


∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

NOTE: Thanks for reading. Please vote and let me know your thoughts.