Mike & Savy Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Within minutes, we had turned onto Campus and were walking up Campus Drive towards the Student Union. Just as I was about to turn to go to the side entrance, Mike suddenly turned and pulled me behind him. I almost lost my balance, but he was steady and I shuffled my feet to stay beside him. I followed him as we walked towards the Mall, now thoroughly confused.

Halfway across the Mall, at the sundial, Mike stopped and then took a few steps toward the fountain. I turned to see where we were going and resting on the edge was a bouquet of a dozen roses. I looked up at him and he smiled softly back at me.

Oh Mike...

I pulled my hand from his and stood on my toes to reach around his neck. Mike's arms slid around my waist and held me to him.

"Mike, I love you."

You are my inspiration. You make me want to be a better person. You are everything to me.

"I love you, too."

I could live on those words. I would live with those words every day for the rest of my life.

Mike took my hand again and pulled me to the fountain, sitting down next to the bouquet. I took a rose and held it to me, enjoying the smell and the feeling of the soft petals on my nose.

He leaned close to me and pressed his lips to mine. I brushed my fingers along his cheek. This man, this wonderful, perfect man...

I stared into his eyes, more blue than green outside with the clear sky.

"Savy... we've been through so much together. When you came to Maryland, it was the best thing that had ever happened to me. You showed me love. And then I lost you and it was the worst thing that could happen to me. I don't know how I survived. But I did and even through everything, you found me again. You came back to me."

"I had to. You're the love of my life."

I can't live without you in my life.

"And you are the love of my life. I don't ever want to think about losing you again."

I will never lose you again.

Mike reached into his pocket and before I could see what he had, he spoke.

"We sat here once and you said yes."

Yes? This was our spot. This was where he asked...

I saw his hand and he was holding a ring. My ring. My heart stopped.

"I love you. Please, please say yes again."

Mike... I love you.

Before I could let myself cry, I brought my eyes back to his. I held out my left hand and spread my fingers for him. I stopped breathing when I felt him slide my ring back onto my finger.

I could barely whisper, "Yes."

Mike squeezed my hand and kissed me. I was lost in him. I would be his wife. I couldn't think about all that we had been through, I could only think, over and over, "Yes!" I may have whispered my response to him, but in my mind, I screamed to the world.

I couldn't hold back my tears any more. Mike was smiling softly at me... my future husband was smiling at me. He used his fingers to wipe the tears from my cheeks and I tilted my head, lightly pressing my cheeks more firmly to his hand.

He stood up and pulled me to him.

"I love you, Savy... more than anything."

I know... I know...

"I love you, too... my Mike."

You are mine... and I am yours. Forever.

I could barely think as we left our sacred spot and went home, together. I was only aware of him next to me, my ring on my finger, and my intense and consuming love for him.

Inside, in the warmth of our home, I pulled him with me to our bedroom and sighed as he entered me. He made love to me, so sweetly, and when he came inside me, my body released too, in a soft climax.

I drifted to sleep in his arms.

I woke up slowly and pulled my hand up to my pillow, focusing my eyes on my ring. I would never again take it off. I turned my head back to Mike and pressed my lips to his.

He murmured, "You know, I did promise you lunch."

Before I could respond, he slid out of bed. I turned in time to see him pull a pair of sweatpants over his rear and then a shirt over his body. I smiled, thinking of a time in the future when we could spend an entire day together, naked.

He left, but returned in a few minutes with a tray again, this time filled with sushi. And another rose!

You are so sweet to me.

Before too long, it was time to get ready. I watched as Mike changed into one of his suits that he knew was my favorite. It was a dark gray, not quite charcoal, and tailored perfectly to his frame, in the retro style that had become popular in recent years. His slacks fit perfectly around his hips, but hung loosely down his legs. They really did emphasize his scrumptious rear.

He put on a red tie that I hadn't seen before, before pulling on his vest. He carefully buttoned his vest and it sat snugly against his body, emphasizing the width of his shoulders and his trim waist. With his dark hair pulled back behind his ears, he looked incredibly handsome. I didn't often get to see him in a suit, but the look fit him perfectly.

Before he could put on his jacket, I clung to him and kissed him.

We drove to campus together and walked to my dressing room holding hands. I grinned sheepishly thinking that Max could have seen us, only thinking that Mike is my adopted brother. I would have to explain to him soon, at least as far as us being together. Perhaps the exact nature of our relationship would always be our secret, known to only those closest to us.

Inside my dressing room, Mike asked me, "Mom's going to be here tonight. Do you want to tell her?"

I moved from where I had set my bag on the counter to him and reached up to him.

"Yes..."

I kissed him.

"... and no matter what, we're going home together tonight."

He smiled at me.

"I love you."

"And I love you... my future husband."

I can't wait to marry you.

I kissed him again.

I'll see you right after. Max knows to let you come backstage."

"You're going to be incredible."

Thank you.

As I got dressed, I kept pausing to look at my ring and think about the day that we would be married. I didn't know when it would be. Could I wait until after graduation? I would marry him today...

I pulled my hair into a bun behind my head and opened the bag that my dress was in, carefully taking it out and hanging it next to the mirror.

I pulled off my clothes and stood briefly in just my underwear before stripping completely nude. I had bought an extra small thong, as the dress was cut so low in the back, that a normal pair of panties would be visible. I wouldn't be able to wear a bra and remembered the time, in a moment of self doubt, that I had asked Mike if he liked my breasts. He said they were perfect. I smiled and couldn't wait for him to see me.

I slipped into my dress, the tight silk clinging to my body, and reached up to let my hair fall down over my shoulders. After minimal adjustments, I judged myself ready and sat down to strap on my heels.

For a moment, I stood in front of the mirror and held my hand, and my ring, to my heart. I blinked to squeeze away a few tears of happiness.

I love you, Mike. I will see you soon.

I stepped into the hallway and, as always, Max was waiting for me.

"Savannah, dear... marvelous."

I smiled broadly at him. It was the same thing he said to me every time, but he always said it with such conviction.

"Max, after the performance, please let Mike come backstage."

"Of course. Anything for you."

We walked together to the stage and I waited while he introduced me. For the first time, as I held my violin to my chest, I held it with Mike's ring, my ring, on my finger. I said my quiet prayer to my violin and to my Mike.

Thank you both, for being in my life, and healing me.

I hadn't heard what Max said, but I saw the lights dim and he was backing off the stage to the other side. I stepped onto the wood with a click and a spotlight focused on me.

I took my steps carefully and with purpose, trying not to rush to where I could see Mike again. I stopped and briefly nodded to Max in the wings before turning to the audience and bowing. My eyes dropped to the front row and I saw everyone I loved, but I was entirely focused on Mike.

I could just barely make out the shape of his lips as he mouthed, "I love you." I wish I could have rushed to him and thrown myself into his arms, but all I could do was smile for him and nod. He had tried to explain what my smile meant to him once, but his words failed him and he finally settled on, "Love." I would smile for him every day.

I play for you and only you.

I held my violin to my chin and played.

I had carefully planned every song to tell Mike how much I love him. He had come back to me and when I bared my soul to him, he had taken me in his arms and saved me. He had proposed so sweetly to me and I knew that I would never have the words to explain to him my love. I could only play for him.

I had planned the ending of my performance, but as I reached the final measures, I wanted one more song. I had spent an hour building to a crescendo of emotion, adding complexity to each piece as I wove them together. I reached what was supposed to be the final note and I paused for just a moment. Before the audience could respond, I let my emotions guide me and I continued.

After all of the complexity, I played simply, just the bare notes of the melody. I could hear the words in my head. I focused on Mike as I played, occasionally closing my eyes and seeing us in bed together or the moment when he slid my ring onto my finger.

"Somewhere in her smile she knows

That I don't need no other lover

Something in her style that shows me

Don't want to leave her now

You know I believe and how

...

Something in the way she knows

And all I have to do is think of her

Something in the things she shows me

Don't want to leave her now

You know I believe and how"

Finally, I was finished.

I played for you, Mike. This is everything I can do to show you my love.

There was a short pause, but it felt like an hour, before the audience rose to their feet and filled the hall with applause. I briefly glanced at Max and he looked entirely shocked before breaking into a wide smile. I focused again on Mike, who also looked stunned at me with a stunned smile, and didn't take my eyes off of him until I was leaving the stage.

Max met me and we walked slowly to my room.

"Savannah, that was..."

I looked up at him and shyly asked, "Marvelous?"

"Marvelously unexpected... and incredible. Thank you."

"Thank you, Max. I had special inspiration tonight."

I set my violin back in its case, briefly whispering a thank you for all it had done for me. I stepped back into the hallway and waited.

Mike came around the corner and our eyes locked. His arms were immediately around me and my feet left the ground.

"My Mike... I love you."

"You were perfect. In every way."

Mike held me to him and kissed me, then we pressed our foreheads together.

"Savy, I love you."

Yes. I can hear it in your voice.

Mike and I collected my things and walked to the reception. I stayed as close to him as I could, though we couldn't hold hands... not yet.

Before going inside, I rested my hand on his arm and stopped him. I didn't say anything, but I looked at him and was flooded with my love for him.

Mike held the door for me and I walked inside, with him following close behind.

As soon as everyone saw me enter, they faced me and gave me a standing ovation. Mike had been my inspiration, it was his standing ovation, too.

I wanted to find the people that were important to me. My eyes quickly scanned the room and just to my right, I saw them. Jeff and Mia, Maria, mom, and...

My heart stopped and I couldn't breathe.

"Josh."

End of Chapter 10.