Mike's Angel without Wings Ch. 02

Story Info
Who is Jess?
3.8k words
4.59
8.8k
16

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/15/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
IceVixen07
IceVixen07
102 Followers

Jess came from a small farm town in Michigan, an only child of a Vietnam War Veteran Dennis Young and his third wife Sherry. They were a lower middle class family. As long as she could remember, her parents had bounced around from job to job, barely making ends meet. But their number one goal was to make Jess a happy and a healthy little girl. Luckily, Jess was blessed with "her momma's beauty and brains", as her daddy always told her. She was even accepted into the local public school's kindergarten program a year early.

It was there that Jess met her high school sweetheart and love of her life, Jeff Walker; on their first day of kindergarten. Jeff was already 6 years old whereas Jess was just barely 5 years old. Their friendship grew on through their grade school years. All the other kids would laugh and tease that Jeff was going to get the 'cooties'. But Jeff didn't care. He knew from a very early age, that he was going to marry that girl one day.

Shortly after the events that took place on September 11th, 2001, Jess' world was turned upside down. Dennis' PTSD from his days in Vietnam, resurfaced. It was so intense that the fear of not being able to protect his family while at work, made him quit his job. The family lost their only form of a stable income. Sherry quickly stepped up, taking a cashier position at a department store in the next town over.

The night of their 6th grade graduation Jeff's mom, Karen, invited Jess to go out with them for pizza and ice cream at the best pizza place in town. "Of course Jess can go with you," Sherry agreed. After a couple of hours of eating pizza and playing every single arcade game in the game room, Karen called them, "Alright you guys, let's get our ice cream and get Jess home."

Timmy, Jeff, and Jess picked out the flavor they wanted before heading out the door. Jeff stopped at one of the gumball machines near the door, smiling as he put his last quarter into the machine. He turned the knob, and placed the capsule that came out in his pocket before running to catch up with the others.

After climbing into the back seat of his mom's SUV, they were on their way to Jess' house. Jeff pulled out the little capsule and opened it. He smiled as he pulled out an adjustable costume jewelry ring, with a huge pink heart on it. Looking at Jess, he smiled, and reached over to take her hand.

"Jess, I know we are only going into Junior High. But I know that guys are going to try to make you their girl soon. So I want to beat them to it!" he said as he handed the ring to Jess.

"Here I want you to wear this as a promise to be my girl for now and for the rest of our lives!" He smiled nervously and added quickly, "That is if you want to."

Jess took the ring with a grin and replied "Jeff, I kind of already thought I was your girl!" His smile grew bigger, "Well, will you accept this ring and promise to be my girl forever?"

She nodded letting him slide the ring on her left ring finger.

Over the next couple of years, Jess developed into the beauty, she would be famous for in the future. Naturally, she had no shortage of guys, challenging Jeff and attempting to win her attention away from him. But it was always Jeff's sincerity that would keep her love. Along with the fact that Jess just could not stand the thought of any other girl with her Jeff!

Jeff was becoming quite a handsome young man himself. Work on his Uncle's farm and the football team had helped him develop an athletic build. This got him all the right attention from the fairer sex at school. While a couple of girls tried their luck with him, Jess was always his one and only.

By the time they reached high school, Jeff and Jess were pretty much locked in. They were the ideal couple. As was expected, they were nominated and won homecoming prince and princess, in their Junior year of high school.

After accepting their crowns and dealing with multiple photo sessions, Jeff took Jess' hand as they snuck out. They made their way through the football field and into his beat up old pickup in the parking lot. They drove to their favorite spot that looked over the small town. They spread out some blankets and pillows into the bed of the truck, and snuggled into each other's arms, enjoying the feeling of being together.

Jeff took a deep breath and asked, "Babe? I hate to ruin this moment. But everyone around us, is starting to ask about the future. I mean you are getting that academic scholarship... and I'm... just going to be some farmer which just isn't going to make our life the easiest. Unless... I make some big decisions... and fast!

"Babe, I'm seriously considering the military."

He flinched as Jess instantly shot her head up.

She cried, "Are you freaking serious? Tell me you're joking! You have seen what the military did to my dad!"

He shook his head urgently, "No! Babe that is the only way I can give you a future that you and our future kids deserve, They have a great MP program. I'll go through that and then we can get married! We will have our little family and wherever you end up working, I'll join the police force of that city. Baby it's perfect!"

Jess slowly nodded with some skepticism as she replied, "Yeah, I guess if that is what you think would be best. And I am sure by the time we graduate high school next year, the whole thing overseas will be cleared up. I just don't want you to get hurt"

A cool night breeze had begun to blow on the hillside, causing Jess to start shivering. So she reached in through the cab's rear window, to retrieve his hoodie to pull over her. As she did so, her hand hit something hard. She grabbed and pulled a green Army folder that was underneath the hoodie.

Looking confused, she asked, "Babe. Why is there an Army folder in the truck?"

Jeff quickly sat up, "Babe that is just the information packet, they gave me when I checked in at the recruitment center."

She smiled and nodded, "oh.. ok." She pulled the folder closer and began to open it.

Jeff tried to take it was from her, but she resisted, "Hey, I just want to see what it all entails!" she exclaimed.

Jeff watched in horror, as she extracted a copy of a signed early enlistment contract. She glared at Jeff, who nervously ran his hand through his hair.

He tried to explain, "Babe just listen.."

But almost instantly he was cut off by Jess. "No I don't want to hear it... Take me home NOW!" she yelled furiously.

She jumped from the bed and climbed into the passenger seat, where she sat silently. Jeff cursed himself and got up to join her in the cab. On the ride back to her house, he tried to hold her hand, talk to her and reassure her of his plan. But she sat there quietly staring out the window, and pulled away from him each and every time he tried to touch her. He pulled into her dirt driveway. As soon as he came to a stop, she jumped out and headed into the house. She was inside with door slammed shut, even before he had the chance to put the truck into park.

Over the next couple of weeks, he tried to talk to Jess at school, made calls. He even showed up multiple times at her house. But Jess had shut him out. Jeff started to isolate himself from the rest of the world. His routine now took him from home to school, then his job at his uncle's farm. He did not feel like going out anymore.

Karen was particularly worried about him. She had heard about his fight with Jess. She knew from her conversation with Sherry, as to how miserable Jess was. But she could see the toll this was taking on her son. She knew she had to do something. So she got some of his friends from the football team to drop in. Between their persuading and his mother's coaxing, Jeff was given no choice. He had pulled on his jeans and a well worn grey hoodie, and went out to the annual winter carnival with the guys.

As they walked through the front gate, he spotted Jess. She was already there with some friends, having been kicked out of the house for the evening by her mother. She was wearing a pair of dark wash blue jeans that hugged her every curve. On, top, she wore her favorite black hooded sweatshirt, proudly supporting her favorite band with a silver Metallica logo across the back.

Jeff realized he needed to fix this and now, before he left at the end of the month. He walked up to her and said hi to Jess' friends as he pulled Jess aside. He twirled her around to face him, looking determined.

"Jess, come on! This isn't us. I mean I realize you have every right to be pissed, because I didn't tell you I was going for early enlistment. I should have told you instantly, I'm sorry babe! And I can't leave for basic training with you pissed," he said almost breathlessly. "We are not leaving this carnival until we sit down and talk this out!"

She exhaled "FINE!". She glared at her friends, who were trying to act casual. She had a feeling that her meeting Jeff at the carnival was not a coincident. They walked toward the bench near the hot chocolate concession stand, and sat down. She stared at the ground.

"Jess, I should have told you, but I just didn't know how to." Jeff started to explain.

He reaches over pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "Please babe... just look at me!" he exclaimed. Jess turned to face him, with tears in her eyes.

"Baby! No! Please don't cry!" Jeff pleaded. "I was going to tell you, I swear! Just that, it was homecoming and you were so happy" Slowly wiping her tears off of her cheek. "How can I make this up to you? Just name it," Jeff pleaded.

"Then don't go!" Jess replied shakily.

Jeff shook his and said with a sigh, "That's not an option. I'm already enlisted babe. I can't not go. You know that."

Jess slouched, as tears ran down her cheek. She willed herself to grow up and accept the situation. Nodding softly, she looked up at him.

"When do you leave?" she asked.

Jeff softly replied, "New year's day."

Jess exclaimed, "In TWO weeks!"

Jeff nodded as he looked to the ground. "Please tell me we can get past this babe?" he finally asked. "You are the whole reason I'm doing all this."

Jess huffed, "No. You're doing this for you! In what universe did you think that I would want you to go into the military? I have seen enough in my own home, that I would not wish it upon anyone else. Least of all, YOU!

"No! The only goddamn reason you're doing this, is because you think farming or ANY other job is not good enough! You have this crazy idea that the military is the only way to make a life for us! But you know what, Jeff. That is not true! My parents, and *your* mother are perfectly happy with regular jobs!"

Jeff explained calmly, "Jess, I see you going places, and I want to keep up with you, not hold you back! No other job would provide the benefits that the military does. Once we are married, I will be able to provide a roof over our heads, health insurance for both of us, and our kids when we have them. Baby, with the economy like it is and as crazy as this world is getting... This is the best way to get us the life that I can be proud of.

"Babe, please! I need to do this for us, our future. I know this is going to be hard for you. And hard for us. That is if there is still an *us*."

He looked at her apprehensively. Then he reached over to take Jess' hands into his own.

He said with a sigh, "I've only been this sure about one other thing in my life. That I met my dream girl that first day of kindergarten" He smiled at her shakily.

Jess turned to frown at him, and punched him hard in the upper arm.

She hissed angrily, "Of course there is still an *US*... you... you... aarghh!"

She felt like tearing her hair out in frustration.

Grinning, Jeff pulled her in his arms, and kissed the top of her head. His voice tremored with relief, "You had me worried there for the past couple of weeks, babe!"

Despite herself, a small smile started to grow on Jess' face. She reached up wiping the tears away.

With a deep breath, she looked up at him and spoke, "Jeff.. Yes there is still an 'US'. That will never change. I understand why you feel that you have to do about all this. And don't get me wrong. I love that you are thinking about our future! But I hate that you made all these decisions without me!

"We are supposed to be a team. But you blindsided me. I would have been able to accept this... eventually, if you had just talked to me about it first before signing up! I have spent weeks being so hurt by all of this. I should have been spending my time with you, rather than wasting it away from you!"

Jeff hugged her tighter, and said, "I am so sorry, baby. I just messed up there."

Jess just snuggled in deeper, nodding as she enjoyed the embrace. She felt whole again.

Jeff smiled as he asked "So does that mean the next two weeks are going to be nothing but you and me time?!"

Jess smiled and replied "Is the Pope catholic?"

Holding each other's hand, they got up and made their way back to their friends.

Jess looked up at Jeff "If you EVER make a decision like this again without me? So help me God! I will kick your ass!" Spontaneously, they both burst into laughter at that.

For the next few hours, Jeff and Jess roamed the carnival with their friends, walking among the stands for the games, carnival food, and knick knacks. Jess and Jeff barely left each other's side. Soon the girls headed off to the ladies room, leaving Jeff and the guys to fend for themselves.. After watching Jess disappear into a crowd of people with her friends, he scanned around different stands, as he looked for the perfect stuffed animal prize. Finally his eyes landed upon a 3.5' polar bear sitting in the archery shooting gallery game. He smiled as he walked over, reading the posted instructions.

Jeff asked the guy manning the stand, "So if I shoot down three of the reindeer with this BB gun, I win one of these guys?" he asked, patting the bear's foot.

The guy behind the counter nodded arrogantly as he replied "It's not easy there champ!"

Jeff laid the money on the counter, softly found his stance. Inhaling slowly, he aimed for each target while cautiously firing. He hit each of the three targets, one after the other. As he knocked down the third and final target, he slowly exhaled and laid the gun back on the counter.

"I'll take the polar bear, please!" Jeff spoke smiling while the guy handed Jeff his prize, in stunned silence.

Jeff turned around just in time to see the girls walking back toward him. He tried to hide the bear behind his back, failing miserably.

Jess' smile grew larger as she spotted the bear.

"Babe! Did you win me a bear?!" she asked smiling. Jeff pulled the bear from behind his back.

"Here. Now you can cuddle with something when you miss me.. We can spray him with my cologne and he can wear one of my shirts, the whole 9 yards. I mean i know it won't be the same. But it's worth a shot, right?" he asked smiling that assuring smile.

Jess jumped into Jeff's arms, hugging tight as she tried to stay strong. Buried her face into his neck, trying to fight back tears.

The next couple weeks came fast and faded even faster. They spent every possible moment together. Soon, New Year's Eve was upon them. Karen was hosting a little party, a sort of holiday-celebration mixed with a going-away party for her son. Jeff was leaving the next morning.

A little after midnight, Jeff led Jess into the unoccupied den, and closed the door behind them. He lead Jess over to the couch, holding her hands into his.

"So there is one christmas gift I haven't given you yet," he said with a smile as he reached into his pocket to pulled out a small red velvet jewelry box.

He handed it to Jess and said, "Open it!"

Slowly she opened the box, to reveal a silver ring with a pink heart stone. The phrase "J&J forever" was engraved inside the band.

"Babe! What is this?" she asked uncertainly.

He smiled and replied "Do you remember that stupid piece of junk promise ring I got you out of that gum ball machine?"

She nodded softly as she replied "I remember a promise ring but not a piece of junk"

"Well this is an upgraded version. I've been saving every penny of the money I have earned from working at Uncle Jimmy's farm to buy you this," he softly explained as he brushed a single ringlet of hair out of her face and behind her ear.

He spoke softly, "I can't leave tomorrow without giving this to you first!"

Jeff asked with a smile, "So do you remember that promise you made in the back of mom's SUV that night?!"

She nodded smiling "Of course babe. I was your girl then, I am your girl now, I'll be your girl till I take my last breath on earth, and even in the afterlife!" She slid the ring on the same exact finger, as he had done all those years ago with the gumball ring.

After putting on the ring, she slowly slid onto his lap and straddled him.

She smiled and asked "Mmm so, how about I give you the best going-away gift a girl could ever give her amazing boyfriend?"

Jeff slowly slid his hands up the smooth skin of her outer thighs, slowly brushed his hands over her young round cheeks, tightly covered in her black skirt. Then he slid his hands up to her lower back, pulling her tighter into him. Leaning up, as he brushed his nose against hers, he softly pressed his lips onto hers. As he slowly sucked her top lip between his, she pressed her tongue against his lips, pushing them to open, lightly brushing her tongue against his. She softly whimpers as she started grind gently against him. They started to get more and more heated, petting each other, panting, kissing and biting, grabbing, grinding, groping. Jeff had just started to slide his hands under Jess' top.

Karen suddenly opened the den door. "There you are! Jeff your uncle and aunt would like to say goodbye to you. Get your butts out here." she smiled knowingly and walked away.

Jeff threw his head back on the couch as he groaned, "COME ON!! Are freaking kidding me??? Can't a guy get freaking laid in this house before going to freaking bootcamp!"

Jess buried her face into his neck, trying to hide the fact that she was almost dying with laughter.

He grabbed her playfully, "Are you seriously laughing right now? Seriously??? Woman! You are soo damn lucky that I love you!"

Jess fell out of his lap onto the couch, clutching her belly as she laughed harder than ever. Jeff got up from the couch, and quickly adjusted himself, before pulling Jess to her feet. Hand in hand, they walked out to the Living Room.

Shortly after everyone left, Jeff and Jess returned to the couch in the den. Wrapped in each other's arms, Jeff laid his chin upon her head.

Kissing her forehead gently, he asked, "So. Are you going to come with us to the airport in the morning?"

She exhaled softly and said, "Jeff... I think it would be better... if I didn't."

Jeff nodded as he stared at the floor, "Do you want to stay a little longer or I can take you home now?"

She smiled sweetly, "My dad is on his way to pick me up."

He nodded and asked, "Oh ok. You have a few of my shirts and a bottle of my Cologne?"

She nodded smiling, "Yep! Jeffery the Bear is already wearing one of the shirts with your cologne all over him."

"Ok good," Jeff replied.

Karen poked her head into the den, "Hey Jess, Your father is out front!"

Jeff slowly stood up and took her hand. He lead the way, as they went into the kitchen to get her coat. He held the coat for her as she slipped her arms into the sleeves. Jess slowly turned looking up at him and asked, "So how about we not say goodbye. And just say... see you in a few months?"

A smile appeared on Jeff's face. "Yeah I like that! our new thing. No goodbyes, just see you later!" he exclaimed.

Jeff slowly walked Jess out to her father's truck. They hugged and kissed each other. He opened her door for her and helped her inside the truck. He stood there watching, as they drove away from his driveway.

IceVixen07
IceVixen07
102 Followers
12