Million Dollar Wound

Story Info
Black nurse helps heal wounded white soldier.
4.8k words
4.67
97.1k
87
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The characters and names contained in this story are purely fictional.

*

Master Sergeant Tony Puleo was pondering fate, or luck, or karma, or whatever it was that landed him in that stateside VA hospital. His buddies in the 11th Light Infantry Brigade called it the "million dollar wound". The bullet had gone clean through a portion of Sergeant Puleo's upper thigh without hitting bone or any large arteries. It was a ticket back to the world with relatively minor damage. However, Tony couldn't shake the what-ifs from his thoughts. If the bullet had been six inches to his right, goodbye family jewels. He had never been lucky... why now? Would a sane person call getting shot lucky? Why does some nice young kid get killed, but the scumbag in the foxhole next to him barely gets a scratch? He tried to drive these thoughts from his head.

The summer of 1969 was going to be a hot one, he thought, as he laid in his bed in just his boxer shorts. The nurses were wearing their skimpier summer uniforms which Tony appreciated, even though he could only fantasize. He hadn't been with a woman since that night in Duc Pho, and he was horny regardless of his wound. More thoughts to put out of his mind.

During the pre-shift nurses meeting, Lieutenant Melinda Baines noted that another new patient had arrived during her two days off. She would see him during her first rounds. As one of only two RN's on her ward, Melinda knew how much these unfortunate young men relied on her. She always tried to let new patients know that she would be there for them.

When Tony heard a feminine voice, he looked in her direction. A nurse was walking toward him, chatting with some of the patients as she passed. From a distance, Tony could see that she was African American and about 5'6". She smiled reassuringly at each patient she spoke to. Tony's bed was at the end of the ward, but she soon reached him, smiled at him, and picked up the clipboard holding his paperwork.

"Good morning, Master Sergeant Puleo," Melinda said with as warm a smile as Tony had ever seen. She even pronounced his name correctly. "I'm Lieutenant Baines."

"Good morning, Lieutenant Baines," Tony said, returning her smile.

It took just an instant for Tony to realize that he was gazing at one of the most beautiful faces he'd ever seen. Her brown, almond-shaped eyes with their long lashes, were hypnotically beautiful. Her lips were full and sensuous. Her nose was neither too big nor too small. She wore her hair in a shorter military style, with a white nurses cap bobby-pinned to her tight black curls, but she was unmistakably feminine. Her white nurses uniform showed off her ample chest, slim waist, and shapely ass. Her skin was the color of dark chocolate. Like most, Tony underestimated her age to be about thirty-two, when she was actually forty-two.

Melinda tried not to stare at the nearly naked, muscular young man lying before her. His chart said he was 6'3" tall, 210 pounds, twenty-seven years-old, and single. The chart failed to mention that he possessed one of the finest physiques Melinda had ever seen. The slight perspiration on his tanned skin made his powerful muscles glisten in the sunlight. With his inviting brown eyes, sexy lips, and short brown hair, Melinda found his face to be very handsome also.

"How are you feeling today, Master Sergeant Puleo?" Melinda asked.

"Except for pain in the leg, terrific. Scuse me ma'am, but any chance you'd just call me Tony?"

"I guess we can be less formal if you prefer...Tony," Melinda said with a smile. Her straight white smile made Tony feel even warmer inside. He was glad that she wasn't hardass military.

Pulling a thermometer from her pocket, Melinda said, "I want to take your temperature. Please open your mouth."

Tony did as instructed. Melinda inserted the thermometer under his tongue and glanced at her watch.

"Sergeant Puleo... Tony... I want you to know that I'm here to help get you feeling better and back on your feet as soon as possible. If you need anything, just let me know, but please understand that there's a lot of wounded soldiers here and only a few nurses and aides."

Tony nodded and winked.

Melinda hummed quietly to herself while she waited. Tony quickly recognized the song . Finally, Melinda removed the thermometer and looked at it.

"Just a little above normal. Not unusual with bullet wounds, but we'll keep checking for infection," Melinda said.

"Reach Out I'll Be There by The Four Tops," Tony said, "That's a great song."

"You have a good ear," Melinda smiled.

"I really like music," Tony shrugged. Why did conversation with beautiful women seem so clumsy?

"Then we have something in common already," Melinda smiled.

After pulling a large privacy screen next to Tony's bed, Melinda found a washcloth and wet it in cool water. She gently cleaned the perspiration from Tony's face. Next, Melinda swabbed his neck, shoulders, chest, and then continued down his stomach and abdomen. Not only did the cooling effect of the cloth feel nice, but the touch of a sexy woman aroused Tony. Melinda set the washcloth aside. Tony tried to calm himself.

"I should have a look at that wound now," Melinda said as she hooked her fingers into the waistband of his shorts. Tony lifted his hips and Melinda gently eased the shorts past the dressing. Melinda had seen hundreds of naked patients, but every once in awhile she secretly thought, wow! Even semi-erect, his ivory cock was seven inches long and proportionally thick. The circumcised head reached to his navel.

"Sorry ma'am. I haven't had a beautiful woman touch me in a long time," Tony said, feeling embarrassed.

On the outside, Melinda remained the cool professional.

"It's okay... just try to relax," Melinda said. She noted the beautiful woman comment, and then gently removed the bandage. Her patient didn't even flinch. Tony was trying to think of his favorite songs. Anything to take his mind off the soft feminine fingers inches away from his dick. Melinda was trying to keep her eyes from wandering from the wound to the enticing vanilla erection. By the time Melinda had re-dressed the wound, Tony had calmed himself. Melinda helped pull his shorts back up.

"Your wound is healing well," Melinda said. "The tough part is going to be building strength in the leg again."

Tony nodded and replied, "I'd like to start using crutches or canes as soon as you think it's okay, ma'am."

"I'll speak to your doctor and try to get you some crutches as soon as possible," Melinda said, then lowered her voice and added, "And I wouldn't object if you dropped the ma'am and just called me Melinda when nobody else is around."

Tony smiled and said quietly, "Thanks, Melinda... for everything."

Tony received crutches the day after Lt. Baines' request. During the days that followed, as Tony hobbled up and down the hallway, Melinda would walk with him whenever she could. They'd chat and laugh quietly as the attraction grew.

In a matter of days, Melinda and Tony became unlikely friends. The mature black nurse and the young white soldier found they both liked music, basketball, and movies. They discovered that they shared a slightly perverted sense of humor. Melinda learned that Tony was not prejudiced. He'd explained to her that in the jungles of South Vietnam, a soldier's best chance for survival was when the members of a squad could count on each other regardless of skin color. He'd been more color blind than most ever since.

Tony learned that Melinda was divorced and had a grown daughter. When Tony expressed disbelief that Melinda could have a grown child, Melinda admitted to being forty-two. She also later admitted to having no hang-ups about dating white men.

Each day, Melinda would examine Tony's wound and try not to stare at the nicest looking cock and physique she'd ever seen. She longed to run her hands over his muscular body, but she tried to remain the detached professional. Because Tony was always at least semi-erect, she knew that her touch excited him, but he didn't proposition her the way some did. He always showed her respect.

After a few weeks, Tony's wound was healing well and his physical therapy was making him stronger. Melinda knew that they would be releasing him soon in order to give his bed to the more seriously wounded who were arriving every day. The thought of never seeing Tony again upset Melinda.

Soon after the beginning of Melinda's next shift, she went to see Tony. She pulled the large privacy screen next to his bed, and stood on the opposite side of the bed. He was in only his boxer shorts as usual.

"Good morning, Lt. Baines," Tony said quietly and smiled. Seeing Melinda was the high point of every day.

"Good morning, Sergeant Puleo," Melinda returned his smile. She pulled a slip of paper from her breast pocket and handed it to Tony. He looked at her name followed by seven numbers.

She whispered, "That's my phone number. I have a feeling you're going to be discharged soon and in case you might want some help, you could give me a call. You're the only one I've given that to, so don't tell anybody."

"Thanks. I'll call if just to keep in touch," Tony whispered. "You really think they're gonna discharge me soon?"

"You've been doing so well that the physical therapist can give you exercises you can do at home," Melinda whispered and then added with a grin, "But until then, you're still my prisoner."

Tony smiled and nodded.

Melinda stood, retrieved some towels, a washcloth, and a basin. Tony looked forward to being bathed by Melinda. His hair had been washed the previous night and still looked clean. She began with his face, then moved to his powerful arms. Next, she washed his sculpted alabaster pecs, stomach, and abs. His muscular legs were washed next. Knowing the routine, Tony lifted his hips so that Melinda could remove his shorts. He rolled onto his good side and Melinda washed and dried his firm buttocks.

It had become normal for Tony to become aroused whenever Melinda bathed him, and she wasn't disappointed this time either. When Tony rolled onto his back, he was sporting an eight inch woody.

Tony whispered, "Sorry, it's just that when you touch me..." His voice trailed off.

Melinda smiled and whispered, "I'm flattered that I still have that effect on a younger man." She then ran the washcloth over his erection and balls. As always, it felt wonderful. Tony closed his eyes and tried in vain to calm down. After washing his genitals, Melinda towel-dried them. His erection seemed to have grown another inch. His eyes remained closed. She laid the towel next to Tony's thigh, and made the decision she'd been wrestling with for days.

Melinda curled the fingers of her left hand around the long white erection and gently stroked it up and down. She felt it throb in her hand. Tony gazed at her with a look of surprise. Melinda held her right index finger perpendicular to her lips.

Without releasing her grip, Melinda whispered in Tony's ear, "Do you think you can be quiet if I get you off?"

Tony smiled, nodded, and then held his index finger perpendicular to his lips. Melinda smiled and began to fondle Tony's hard-on.

"Keep a lookout," Melinda whispered. As Tony was nodding, Melinda pressed her lips to his. Tony ran his fingers over her hair, being careful not to pull off her nurses cap. While their tongues intertwined, she stroked his dick until it was rock hard. Then she kissed her way down his chest and stomach and abdomen. She gazed at the nine inch ivory hard-on, and then ran her tongue around the swollen pinkish head. A shiver of pleasure ran through Tony's body, but he made no sound.

Melinda had deliberately positioned the privacy screen so that Tony could see if anybody was headed their direction, but nobody in the ward could see what she was doing. Tony looked to his right... coast clear.

After Melinda had licked up and down his hard-on, Tony watched as his vanilla boner slid between Melinda's full lips and into her warm, wet mouth. He clenched his teeth to stifle a moan. As she stroked the erection with her mouth, she also stroked the base with her right hand and fondled his balls with her left hand.

She took her mouth off his hard-on, smiled and whispered, "Feel good, baby?"

"You're an angel," Tony whispered. He then glanced back up the ward and saw no other staff. He looked back to watch Melinda's dark fingers stroking his saliva-slick cock. Melinda's skilled fingers produced such intense pleasure that Tony quickly felt the tidal wave of orgasm approaching.

"I'm gonna cum, angel," Tony whispered.

Melinda grabbed the towel next to his thigh and held it near the cock's tip. She stroked the ivory shaft vigorously. She felt his body shudder as a geyser of warm white cum shot into the towel and onto her dark hand. Tony clamped his hand over his mouth. Melinda stroked the long white dick lovingly until the orgasm subsided.

With mission accomplished, and before they got caught, Melinda quickly cleaned up. In no time, Tony's shorts were back up and the towel was in the hamper. Melinda readjusted the privacy screen so that Tony's head was no longer visible, and then she pressed her lips to his once again.

After a brief but passionate kiss, Melinda whispered, "If you still want to get together when you're out, you have my number."

"I definitely will. I've been fantasizing about you since the first time I saw you. That was incredible... thanks," Tony whispered.

"My pleasure," Melinda whispered with a naughty grin.

Melinda's educated guess had been correct, and Tony was released a few days later. He was assigned a small but private room at a nearby army base. It was close enough to the base gymnasium that he could get back and forth on his crutches.

On the evening of his first day out of the hospital, when he knew Melinda's shift was over, he phoned the number she'd given him.

"Hello."

"Hi Melinda, this is Tony. How are you?"

"Hi Tony. I'm good. How was your first day of freedom?"

"Not too bad, but I miss you already."

Melinda sighed, "I miss you too."

"A wounded Master Sergeant could get a nurse cleared to get onto the base on Saturday, especially if she's in her nurses uniform... I mean if you're free and you feel like it?"

Melinda thought for a moment and replied, "Saturday would be fine for me. What time would you be up for some therapy?"

"Oh angel, anytime. What's good for you?"

"How about thirteen hundred hours?" Melinda asked.

"I'll be ready," Tony said.

"Me too, baby," Melinda purred.

That Saturday, Melinda drove up to the base's main entrance, where she stopped at the guard shack. The young guard eagerly approached the stunning black woman in uniform.

She showed her military ID to the guard and said, "Lieutenant Baines to see Master Sergeant Puleo."

The guard checked his clipboard and cleared her to enter. Melinda asked for directions, which the guard then gave her. He saluted the Lieutenant and permitted her to drive in. Melinda found Tony's quarters in a few minutes and knocked on the door.

Tony had been anticipating Melinda's arrival and opened the door while using just one crutch. She was a vision of loveliness in her white uniform. She was wearing more make-up than she normally wore in the hospital, and looked even more beautiful if that was possible.

"Please come in," Tony said motioning with his hand.

"Thank you, Sergeant," Melinda smiled.

"That's Master Sergeant, ma'am," Tony grinned, and closed and locked the door.

They fell into each others arms, hugging and kissing passionately. Tony was able to support himself without a crutch for short periods, and Melinda was all the inspiration he needed. He had to bend his legs slightly to embrace the shorter woman, but the pleasure of Melinda's full, moist lips far outweighed any discomfort.

When they paused for breath, Melinda whispered, "I think you should get off your feet. Let's use your bed."

"It's only a twin," Tony advised.

Melinda smiled and purred, "We'll make due."

She supported Tony by his left arm, and they made their way to his bed.

"Now you're going to have to do what your nurse tells you," Melinda said with a naughty grin.

"Anything you say," Tony smiled.

"Sit on the bed."

Tony lowered himself to the edge of the bed. Melinda took hold of the bottom of his khaki t-shirt and began to lift. Tony raised his arms to ease its removal. As Melinda slowly knelt before Tony, she ran her hands down his muscular chest and down his abs. She then undid his pants and pulled down the zipper. Tony lifted his hips, and Melinda slid the pants off. Next, she hooked her fingers into the waistband of his shorts and pulled downward. Tony again lifted his hips so that she could remove them. His cock was ninety percent hard already. Kneeling between his legs, Melinda kissed Tony passionately. Finally, they stopped to breathe.

"You've seen me nude lotsa times, but I've never seen you nude," Tony smiled.

"I suppose we can rectify that," Melinda returned his smile.

She stood up, turned around, and then bent her knees in a slight squat.

"Unzip my dress," Melinda instructed.

Tony pulled the zipper down, exposing more of her dark flesh, and felt his excitement grow. Melinda turned to face Tony, and then pulled the dress off one shoulder and then the other. As she slid her arms out of the short sleeves, Tony could see the skimpy white bra which strained to contain her large breasts. Melinda then eased the dress down past her hips and stepped out of it. She smiled at Tony as she neatly laid the dress across a chair.

Tony's mouth fell open and he inhaled sharply as he beheld the sexiest sight he'd ever seen. Melinda was wearing a lacy white garter belt which held up sheer white thigh-high stockings with narrow lace on top. A pair of white bikini panties had deliberately been worn on top of the garter belt. Her white nurses cap might as well have been a crown for an ebony goddess. The white lingerie provided the perfect contrast to her smooth, chocolate skin. Tony had yet to make love to a woman over thirty, let alone over forty, and was pleasantly surprised by Melinda's shapely, firm body. Where her brown thighs were visible above the stockings, not one cellulite dimple marred those flawless legs. Her flat stomach accentuated her firm, ample chest. She knew from the look on Tony's face that those evenings in the gym had been worth it.

"Not disappointed, baby?" Melinda asked.

"Even more beautiful than I imagined," Tony said softly.

Melinda knelt before Tony and placed her hands on his cheeks, cradling his face, and gazed into his inviting eyes.

"You're sho'nuff the sexiest man I've ever seen," Melinda said, and pressed her lips to his. She slowly ran her hands down his neck, down his muscular chest, down his firm stomach, and into his soft, kinky pubes. She curled the fingers of her right hand around his stiff cock, and cupped his balls with her left. While their tongues intertwined, Melinda fondled her young lover's genitals.

Longing to finally see Melinda's breasts, Tony leaned forward, reached behind her, and deftly unhooked her bra. He slid the shoulder straps down and allowed the bra to slip down to her wrists. She released her grasp on his erection just long enough to remove the bra.

Tony gazed at Melinda's tits. They were large and firm, perfectly shaped dark chocolate globes. Her ebony nipples were just the right size, and were already erect.

"You like?" Melinda whispered.

Tony's reply was, "Can I lick them?"

"All you want, hun."

Melinda cupped a hand under each breast and presented them to Tony. He ran his fingertips over both nipples, and then leaned forward. When he ran his tongue over her right nipple, a shiver of pleasure ran through Melinda. The same happened as he licked her left nipple and ran his fingertips over the right. As Tony moved back and forth, licking and sucking both nipples, Melinda got hotter and hotter. She enjoyed watching her boobs pressing against Tony's handsome face. She marvelled at him. At age 27, he was not only a combat hardened veteran, but a skilled, experienced lover.

12