Mine...Yours Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
payenbrant
payenbrant
1,597 Followers

Then I let it slip away and forced it back through the Door to where it would stay safe and hidden. I could not feel that emotion, could not afford to. One more year, one year and I could break that vault wide open and finally come back together and be me. I could become ME again. Not this hollow shell walking around. As I climbed back up the stairs, I wondered what else was inside the vault. They both said that something else was in there but I still did not know what. Also, how did he know what a witch was, as I told him, I had never met one before. Hmm, something to think about at another time.

I reached the halfway point of the staircase and began to deepen my breathing, and slow my pace. At the last turn I closed my eyes and trustingly took each step and then felt my foot reach the last step. Exhaling slowly I opened my eyes just as slowly and looked around me with a sense of confusion. That dissipated as I remembered where I was. I was sitting in the living room on a blanket with my couch at my back. Meditation has a lot to do with breathe control and visualization. Maybe it's different for others, but that is how it's always been with me. I could wax long and poetical about the subject, explaining how I made the door to lock up key parts of my personality so I could survive the injustices that have happened to me...but really, who cares? I certainly don't. I glanced at my cell phone to get the time. 9:30pm. I had a half hour before I had to get to work.

I was just getting up to take a shower and was stretching the kinks out of my legs when I heard a knock at the door. A tingle of fear shot up my spine, no one comes to visit me, and my parents usually call before they do! I grabbed a t-shirt and then my wood axe and set the axe by the door as I glanced out the window. I saw what looked like a very agitated Jemima on the front steps. Instead of opening the door I opened the window next to the door and spoke through the screen. "Can I help you?" I asked.

She turned to look at me, and I saw her lips firm into a line. "You aren't going to open your door?"

"Why should I?"

"I wanted to talk to you."

"Go ahead, I am listening." I replied.

"Talk through a window...seriously? I wanted to talk to you face to face."

"You can see my face, I can see yours, and we are talking."

"This is ridiculous," she muttered to herself.

"Just as ridiculous as cussing out, and threatening someone who was bringing food to his new neighbors as a show of welcome and good will? Huh...welcome to my life Jemima." I snorted and pulled back from the window.

"Wait!" She called as I began to shut the slide. I stopped and looked back out at her. "I wanted to apologize to you!" She ground out through her tight-lipped mouth.

I slammed the window shut and opened the door looking directly at her eyes and activating my Sight. "Really? You wait two days before you come and apologize. If you had apologized right then when you made your little mistake this whole conversation would not be happening. Instead, you let your own pride get in the way and you walk off in a huff. Thank you so much for pre-judging my intent and me. In fact, you probably don't even want to apologize. One of your roommates must have made you come over to do it. Why is that?"

I had been watching her, and her face remained the same with just a slight tightening at the corners of her eyes as they narrowed. The shadow reflection of her true self was snarling with teeth bared, eyes dancing a riot of colors. "You like to hear yourself talk don't you?" she said with venom in her voice. "My turn to talk, Greg! How would you feel if you saw someone you didn't know, come up to your porch with an old used pizza box, and you know he wasn't invited! You're in a new neighborhood; don't know anyone and your extremely protective of your two roommates! Sure, I overreacted and I am sorry about that! So just let me say I am sorry and I won't bother you okay!?" She let her breath out slowly then took a deep one. "Actually Gwen and Hildy...Hilda I mean, wanted you come over and have dessert with us tonight. So, damn...looks like I still gotta bother you a bit. Okay? They would appreciate it."

Now it was my turn to sigh, I had wanted to avoid this whole, get to know the neighbors thing. "Look Jemima, I appreciate it, but I am leaving for work soon. Also I don't like getting together with other people I am not really a people person. So thank you, but no thanks." She looked surprised, and asked, "Then why did you bring us treats in the first place?"

"Just because I don't like hanging out with other people does not mean that I am an asshole! I wanted to be welcoming. To show that I am glad that I have neighbors and too be nice. You want me to pick up your guy's mail sometimes if you're out of town, got it. Need your lawn mowed sometime, sure. I just am not all that social." My throat was starting to act up from all the talking. Last time I talked this much was two weeks ago with William at his house when I borrowed his washer and dryer to clean my clothes.

Jemima took a step closer to me and I stepped back the same distance behind the threshold of my doorway. Her eyes widened in surprise. "You really aren't kidding." It wasn't a question. Her eyes took in my stance, my position, and then fell on the end of the axe handle by the door. Both versions of her I Saw were contemplative, not worried, and more curious than anything. "I understand, Greg. I will let them know you're not coming over tonight. They will probably invite you over sometime in the future, just to let you know that they will be knocking on your door in the future."

"I'd prefer it if they didn't." I said flatly. With that she smiled, and her face completely changed into a much lighter countenance. "Whatever, Mr. Recluse! You think you can stop your neighbors from coming over and trying to get you out of your house?" She laughed, and for just a second I saw the swirling colors of her other form merge in her eyes. I dismissed my sight and gave her a small smile as well. I had to handle this delicately.

"Most men would appreciate three beautiful neighbors trying to get him to join them, almost sounds like a cheesy erotic novel!" Maybe that line was a little too forward, crap. "But I did mean it. I like to be left alone. I live, and eat and work. I have a few friends, family...but I like to be alone." I chortled and then glanced sideways at Jemima before closing the door. "You should smile more Jemima, you're really quite lovely when you do!" I closed the door and let out a short cough and then let the mask of emotion on my face fall away. I hate having to wear it, but it always makes people uncomfortable to see someone with well, emotionless eyes.

Seriously though, why would I ever want to be around people anyway? They learn a little too much about me and out come the pitchforks and torches and it's off to the burning stake! William was easy. He is able to discern much more than people give him credit for. Maybe it's because he's a vampire. I think it's just that he is more open-minded.

So why didn't I give the nice ladies next door a chance, probably because I wanted to keep my life inside my body! After all, most people don't like to have a neighbor who is a sex offender.

Chapter 3: Time passes.

Probably lost some readers there. That's fine, and I don't blame them. You see, I don't see myself as a sex offender, the law sees me as one, but I don't. It's not that complicated, I did not do it! There, I said it. I can prove it to, sort of. You see when it comes down to a "He said, She said" type of trial, things get dicey. Especially when things get suppressed in court, like the love of my life is Bipolar Manic Depressive! Or that she went off her medication. Or that she out and out lied in the courtroom committing perjury. I also thought that a lifetime of being a more or less good person would do me some good. Sure, I shoplifted once when I was younger. Got caught and had to go to court. The judge asked me how I pleaded, I told him, "Stupidity!" I paid my restitution then went back and apologized to everyone in the store. So yeah, that was the one real bad thing I had done prior to this whole bad thing. We had dated for months, her and I. My lovely Dawn, with the hypnotic blue eyes and pale brown hair. She was a curvy woman who could fit right under my chin when I held her. She accused me of so many things, murder, moving dead bodies, drug dealing, physical abuse, mental abuse, robbery, killing her cat, yeah...there's more but you get the picture. All of it was thrown out since there was no proof. The only one that stuck was sexual abuse. That was because it was between the two of us and no other witnesses were needed.

They tried to give me Rape1. Which would have put me in prison for several years. At the arraignment, they dropped it to Sex Abuse 2. Much better, but still I had done nothing wrong, so I fought it. A nice three day trial where I was made out to be a monster with my own girlfriend crying alligator tears in the stand against me. Talk about a low point in my life. You may think that I am treating this lightly but I am not. I have cried my tears already, and I will be DAMNED before I cry anymore on account of her! I was found guilty in a court of law. After all, it doesn't matter the truth with law it matters in how best you present whatever tainted facts you have. They suppressed her mental illness until the last minute in court. That is where I found out that in legal speak my girlfriend was bug nuts!

So to make a long story short I was found guilty of Sex Abuse 2. The definition being this: Sexual coercion without using threat, force, violence or blackmail. My question then is this...what does that leave? I talked her into it? Ah well, what's done is done, can't change it...time passes.

First time I was led into jail, I had the dubious pleasure of being introduced to the penal system. IE: Getting shoved into the wall and getting "Leaned on" by the officers to make sure I didn't move. I still can feel the pain in my ribs and kidneys from that. Got jumped a couple of times since hey, I'm a sex offender now. Time to show him that we hate you! Got that a lot. Lost some fights, won some others, got taken aside and punished by the guards for causing fights.when I won them. Hey it goes with the territory. I am now a seventh class citizen.

All my education means nothing, can't get a job working for anyone that checks out your criminal history. No one wants a sex offender on the payroll. So I get the meaningless drab jobs. Can't get an apartment, because no one wants a "SO" living in their complex. Even though my crimes did not involve drugs, alcohol, violence or children...yeah. Sucks to be me. All that being said, I now have my own house. The place I live now. Kind of amazing luck on my families part. My Dad won the Oregon Megabucks and got a little over four million after taxes. The house was one of those that were foreclosed on so we got a sweet deal. It's a piece of work as I described but livable. I pay him back as I am able. He keeps saying it's a gift, but it's family. You gotta do something in return.

No one on my street knows much about me. Since I am not on the sex offender predators list I am not being watched by anyone, thank goodness. Though a couple people have looked me up, so I have been attacked, about five times in the past six years. Usually in groups of three to seven, and yes, I got my ass handed to me one of the times. Twice I got them to back off, the other times I got bloodied up pretty good but I was the one who walked away. In no way does this imply I am a bad ass, I just was lucky, a little skilled and had a better reason to fight. They wanted someone to hurt, I wanted to live. Living is a good motivation. Though that kind of is secondary in my view right now. Ah well, that's beside the point.

The point that I am trying to make is that I went a little crazy, woman I loved condemned me to be viewed as a monster. The law that supported and thought would protect me from these baseless accusations hung me out to dry. The police force who I was raised to believe were the good guys now make my life hell as they harass me when the mood takes them. I have to watch my back for perfect strangers who want to take a swing at me when I least expect it. My good name is now synonymous with that of a criminal that other criminals try to avoid or hurt. My career choices are flushed, and my dreams of a wife and children...don't make me laugh.

I was told by both my father and mother that somewhere out there God had the perfect wife just waiting for me. When I was fifteen years old I prayed just about every night for God to watch over that woman. That he would protect her, fortify her, and give her peace and happiness. I pray the same things now, just a little different. I pray that she can find a good husband. I would never...NEVER, want my wife to have to go through even a tenth of what I am going through now. My sense of Justice, from the beginning was going ape-shit crazy. It wanted blood for what had been done to me! I was in no position to do anything about it. Everything was arrayed against me, I was abandoned by all but family, and even some of them, not my mother and father of course, were leery of my situation. I took my sense of Justice and locked it away behind the Door, the same place I hid my own personal tears and rage and my turn of fortune. I thought I had found another kindred sould and shared myself with another woman. When she found out about me, she attacked me as well. Being wiser about the legal system I dodged that bullet quite handily.

Soon the sweet nature that I had been nurtured with as a young child I locked away. I figured once I was off probation I would let those things out of the self made cell of mine. Then in the safety that time had given me I could deal with all of it. The only problem is that in the meantime my actions had made me a hermit, and emotionally stunted. Oh well, theres always a cost for safety.

So here I am, alone, and safe after a fashion. Then the new neighbors showed up, and then I met ...Lucretia.

Chapter 4: Halloween Night.

You probably thought I would tell you all about a romance that happens between me and one of the neighbor's next door. Or some of you were hoping for all three to love me and it would be one huge college party as I had a different girl every night! Wrong. Nothing like that happened. I had gone over a few times over the summer to have a late dinner, or watch a movie. One time I even joined up with a bunch of other guys, all of whom were werewolves, to help dig out a pit they were shaping to put in a pool! No one asked any questions about my past, they kept it all light and general conversational topics. How are the Oregon Ducks doing. Are the Trailblazers actually going to be any good this year. What's your favorite car? The usual stuff.

You might be wondering why they never noticed that I noticed they were all different, more than human? I mean, come on! They are all beings with heightened senses and super strength, and a whole parcel of other skills! They should know when a lowly human is on to their game right? I really have no answer, at least none that might satisfy you. All I know is that I spent at least half the time arguing over hot dogs that Gwen had grilled for us with a bunch of the guys in the backyard. You know what the argument was about? How it was more important to memorize the periodic table than know sports statistics! Yeah, I don't think they really cared if I knew what they were or not. At least they never said anything.

I was then invited to a Halloween party that the girls were having. Hildy...I mean Hilda...ah heck with it! You know whom I mean and she gave me permission to call her Hildy after a second batch of my cookies. So I have earned the right to call her Hildy! Anyhow, Hildy asked me to make some more cookies for the party. I told her I had to work that night but she assured me that the party would still be going strong into the morning. So I figured, why not? I had started to become comfortable with all of them, and was even beginning to talk a little more. My mask that I wore that showed my emotions was becoming less of a mask and more real all the time. My attitude was improving.

"Yeah, seems like fun Hildy! Do you want me to bring anything to drink?"

"Nah Greg, we got that covered. I know you don't drink any booze so we got plenty of soft drinks for yah."

"Alright, I'll see you all then."

Halloween night I tried to get to work as early as possible and was able to knock off way early, just before midnight. I raced home to take a quick shower and changed into a polo shirt, clean blue jeans, and basic black sneakers. I pulled out the cookies I had made the night before and put them in another pizza box. I know, you would think by this time I would get a cookie tin or platter. It was kind of an inside joke now between us all. It was kind of nice to now be a part of an inside joke. Boy, sounds crazy doesn't it? What was I dressed up as? A normal person...good costume huh?

I go around the corner of the fence and see a bunch of cars, trucks, even an older 1970's Volkswagen Bug. Funny thing was that there was no music playing. Jemima loved music, we may not get on well in most areas but I loved listening to music with her. If any of the old time music could make a comeback, I was rooting for Glenn Miller! As I drew closer to the house I could hear faintly, grunting and moaning. That didn't sound to encouraging! IF something was wrong though, I could...what? Call the police? Heh, yeah right! Probably be accused of stalking, even with an invite to the party!

Well, I had been invited, so I opened the front door and walked right in...and hurriedly covered my eyes! I fumbled blindly with my free hand for the door knob and quickly stepped back out into the night, I slammed the door and then took several gasping breaths! Holy CRAP! Was...Did I jus...Oh my Gosh! I had walked right into the middle of an orgy! Now, I am no prude, I have been around the block a time or two. I have taken part in some things that have been kind of shameful sexually. Well, at least I felt ashamed, not that it was wrong per ce...more like I had tried something new and found out it wasn't my bag. You know, part of experimentation, finding your limits that sort of thing...I'm rambling.

Okay now, orgy! Big stinking orgy in the middle of the living room! Not what I was expecting, I kind of thought I had a pretty good handle on what my neighbor's were like, guess I was wrong. From what I heard and the brief glimpse I saw they looked like they were having a good time. I probably should not intrude and should be heading home! I was about to set the pizza box on the front door and leave when I stopped. I had been invited. Me! I was invited! When was the last time I had been invited to a party that wasn't put together by family? Seven years ago was the last that I could remember.

I started to get angry with myself. Just because my hostesses were doing something I was uncomfortable with, does not mean that I should not go in. I don't have to join in with their activities, I can just go in, grab some food, talk to someone who isn't making the nasty and then excuse myself. I was INVITED, I don't have to leave for fear of rejection or of hate! They don't even know that about my past and if they did know that haven't said anything. I was accepted damn it!

I opened the front door up again and stepped through. There were at least thirty people, uh, I mean beings there. Looked to be equal parts male to female, maybe a little more female. Wow, some really attractive females! Ah well, I walk through the living room to the dining table at the back by the sliding glass doors. I saw that the pool lights were on, but no one was out in it. Seemed everyone was, ahem, enjoying themselves together...as a group, ahem. It seemed kind of funny that no one noticed me come in. Usually Hildy had like, a sixth sense about that. Anyone coming or going she knew about, it was uncanny! I set the pizza box on the kitchen counter and picked up a paper plate to peruse the gastronomic delights that awaited me!

payenbrant
payenbrant
1,597 Followers