Mine...Yours Pt. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
payenbrant
payenbrant
1,598 Followers

"My dear man, I am merely going to retrieve my stolen property!" I told him with a smile. He just shook his head and patted the side of my shoulder.

"Be careful Will." He told me as he left. I watched him leave, carrying those flasks, and I wondered if he would ever guess my real purpose for giving him my blood.

Vampires are sterile, everyone knows that. Many consider humans they have turned as being of their blood and make them sons or daughters...at least in title. Some even go so far as to give them their names! I myself, as an alchemist, see this as sentimental folly. For I have found a way to gain myself a family by blood, passed down through right of birth. Both Trevor and his wife had been imbibing of my blood for several years before they had a child, I could feel it when she was born.

Gwendolyn Malfour is truly my granddaughter...by right of blood!

That is for another time though, now I had to prepare.

I went back into my study and retrieved an item that was calling to me the moment I opened the door.

"Yes...yes...you are about to be used old friend!" I muttered to it quietly as I pulled the oiled canvas from its cubbyhole.

I reached in and pulled out a carefully crafted leather shoulder harness, more of a baldric really. I gently flexed the leather, always amazed at how supple it was. For 40 years I had not used it, and still it was as malleable as suede! I carefully put it on over my suit shirt and then drew the weapon that was still whispering to me.

A simple flintlock pistol.

Though to call it simple was a misnomer. I had made this weapon myself, following an archaic formulae meant for another sort of weapon, a sword. This I had done as an experiment...with surprisingly destructive results.

I carefully checked out it's workings, though it had no need for me to do so. Handling it, I remembered what had gone into crafting it. I had harvested the wood for it's shape from an oak tree in Alabama used to hang runaway slaves. The barrel, firing assembly, and butt plate were derived from melted down Japanese officer's swords from World War 2. I pulled out the pouch of .50 cal bullets. They had been formed from rounds that had been used to execute prisoners of war by firing squad.

I carefully began the loading of this weapon, this talisman of violence. Truly a talisman for one could feel the desire for retribution, and violence contained in it's shape! Which suited it well, for I called this weapon "Talisman" for what it represented. It would let nothing impede it from killing once the trigger had been pulled, the powder ignited and the bullet had left the barrel. Nothing could stop it.

"We will be seeing you soon Mathew Woolrim..." I said softly. Talisman seemed to chuckle darkly in my thoughts as I put on my coat and walked out of my damaged front door.

I passed the insurance adjustor who stepped out of my way, "Mr. Abernathy? Your door?"

I paused to smile at him and said, "A big bad wolf blew my door in, please fix it while I see to the creator of this problem."

My smile widened as I slid into the shadows of the street and quickly made my way towards the location of my target. "Yes...I do have some wonderful plans for you Matthew Woolrim!"

Chapter 3

Nighttime, in a city that never truly sleeps. The general populace does rest it's eyes, but more often than not most of the real work gets done at this time. I always liked to think of cities as large machines, and the people in it the gears and pulleys. During the day things are humming along smoothly as everything falls into place and everyone does the jobs they have designed themselves to do. At night while they slumber maintenance comes in, greases and oils and replaces parts that have been damaged or are worn out. When daybreak comes the great machine known as Portland whirrs back to life and everything is moving once more!

So here I move swiftly down these sidewalks and alleys, eschewing my vehicle for my own feet. I can move more swiftly like this, at least at night. Every now and again I will see some other denizen of the deep dark who quickly averts their eyes at my passage. They are here on my sufferance, and know that I am not to be crossed, especially once they see my expression!

Jantzen beach is well known for being the major intersection between the two states of Oregon and Washington. During the time before the legalization of marijuana in Oregon, the police patrolled this stretch of road frequently for those bringing it over from Washington. Most Washington citizens came into Portland and other cities here to buy supplies and goods that they didn't have to pay sales tax on. There are always checks and balances put into place in business and politics, and little niceties to be observed. For me, I may have to go outside of my territory to get this Woolrim. It would be in the territory of another, Suzanne. We always kept the peace of distance between us because of her distaste for me, and I respected her desire to be her own person. I did tend to think she wasn't very open minded, but that is for another time.

All this aside I am still presented with the problem of what to do if they have crossed the river into her territory!

I came to the bridge that crossed the Columbia and pondered for a moment. Then pulled out my cell phone and rang her number. I figured the direct approach would be best.

"Hello...William. Haven't heard from you in a while. To what do I owe the pleasure?" Suzanne's voice always reminded me of thick honey, fresh from the comb. I could almost see her using a hand to toss her heavy mane of red hair behind her as she spoke. Even thinking about it made my mouth run dry as I thought of her. I am over 400 years her senior and have had more experiences in my life times than she could fit in a dozen of hers! Yet she always made my knees go weak.

"Greetings Suzie!" I returned brightly. I could almost hear her grit her fangs on the other end of the line. "I may be having to enter your territory because some thieves stole something from me that I want back. Would it be alright with you?"

There was silence on the other end, and I swear I could hear her smirk as she purred out, "Someone was brave enough to steal from William the Terrible, aye? My, my! I may have to reward them if I find them first!"

I cursed in my mind! No need to let her know she was succeeding at upsetting me. "I underestimated them obviously Dear One. Now..."

Her snarl cut me off, "You don't get to call me that anymore you Deviant! The only reason I picked up when you called was because we are neighbors! Do not presume in anyway that we are still anything to each other! You disgust me...and now you are toying with that poor boy as well, Gregory! Does he even know what you have done and are still continuing to do?"

I worked my tongue between my lips that had suddenly gone dry. Yes, as a matter of fact Greg did know what I had done, and doesn't know that I still do it. What she is referring to is my method of consuming the essence of vampires. I had done it twice, once from a feral that was running loose. And another time from the bones of a long dead ancient vampire that was actually a Vampyre. One who had walked the earth and worked alongside of humans before the Great Cataclysm.

Gregory, that dear boy, had seen it as a way to recapture what had been lost! Where others had writings and scraps of parchment, I had actual memories of events. I had felt a tremendous amount of guilt in my younger years for doing this. I always felt that power was something you earned for yourself; Gregory had set me straight by looking at it from an entirely different viewpoint. He had relieved me of a burden I would not soon forget.

Suzanne, and many others of my kind saw it as a form of cannibalism. Which I personally find to be very hypocritical! For were we not human at some time in our past? That is a discussion to be had at another time...if at all!

Especially with her.

"Our personal feelings aside Suzanne, do I have permission to enter your lands? Remember, I give you freedoms to come and go as you please through my city to not hinder you in your business." I hoped that would settle her. It is almost unheard of for another vampire to give another of our kind free reign, especially with hard feelings between them. That being said, she knows not to push me too far. I was given the moniker "Terrible" not solely for my perceived cannibalism. I would explain more, but I do not wish my readers to lose their appetites for a few days.

Almost a minute passed as she considered, "Very well William. Your point is made, you have permission to enter on the condition that if you recover your property within my city limits then you split half of it's value with me."

I blinked and held out my phone to stare at the screen. On the caller ID was a winsome picture of her smiling with a hint of fang, now my only memory of when we were friends. Maybe I should change my profile picture of her to something more fitting? A cobra? A corporate banker perhaps?

"Very well..." I said grudgingly.

I heard her chuckle. "Good. Hope to hear from you soon. 12 hours enough time?"

"More than enough. My thanks Suzanne." I said shortly, and hung up my phone.

I hid in the shadows of the bridge, thinking. My quarry would not stay in my city for worry that I could track him. Yet he would want to meet me. I pulled out his information he had left by my phone. A simple business card with the name "Matthew A. Woolrim" emblazoned in silver, and a phone number under it.

I dialed it while standing on the bridge over running water. It was answered on the fourth ring.

"So you did call? Do you have what I want?" I heard his almost jovial tone. My fangs lengthened and I used my tongue to push them back into place, cutting my tongue a little in the process.

"Yes..." I responded. My blood tasted akin to ashes in my own mouth at his smug tone of voice.

"Good, where shall we meet then?" He asked again, like he didn't' have a care in the world.

"The bridge in Jantzen, underneath the overpass...do you know it?" I supplied. He scoffed.

"Obviously I won't meet you there Abernathy, especially since that is what you picked. Lets meet at the park just west of the overpass. See you there in 15 minutes..."

He sounded about to hang up so I snarled out, "Proof of life you miserable wretch! Proof of life first!"

He chuckled a little and said smoothly, "Of course, of course! How rude of me." I heard some shuffling and a threatening voice say, "Speak rat or I will cut off your tail and make you a hamster!"

Then I heard Nancy's voice, "I am alive...and...TWO WIZARDS A DOZEN MEN AN..." the voice was cut off and I heard furious squeaking and thudding noises. Then Woolrim's voice came back on. He sounded a little put out.

"Don't get any idea's Abernathy. Honestly, if I could handle you that easily with only five men and myself. Just think what could be done with more. We clear?"

"Like crystal. I will be waiting." I said. Then hung up with a smile.

My secretary was going to get a raise, and entire wheel of good Dutch cheese! Wonderful creature that she is. Brave too. So, two wizards and a dozen men? Hmmm. I wonder how many are going to come to this little soiree?

I waited at the park that Woolrim described, and watched carefully. Of course he would be able to glamour his approach...but he was only human. One cannot think of everything to cover. The sounds that should be blanketed in silence, the smells of exhaust, but since I knew better what to look and listen and even perhaps to feel for...? Yes. I saw the disruption of air at a distance. Like a heat haze that at night would have been invisible to most.

Two vehicles approached, and ten men got out. Nine of them moving to defensive positions with Woolrim in the center. I could see that jewel in his ear glinting in the light of the moon.

I felt Talisman stirring in it's holster under my jacket and ran my hand over its length. "Soon!" I thought to my weapon, "Very soon!"

I dropped from the top of a play structure and moved quickly and quietly to the center of the small wooded area. Once there I waited. Listening carefully I heard the sounds of breathing and shortly...that light hint of sandalwood, lime, and cedar filter through the dirt and leaves of the park. It was easy to tell that the kidnappers, I mean, ratnappers, had been expecting resistance. But I had a plan. You see I am not very good at many of the vampire specialties. I do not favor claws or other physical forms of violence. I usually prefer style, surprise or an overwhelming display of power.

My blood allows me to do things that most vampires only wish they could do. As I was about to personally show these people.

I could see the men coming forward, Woolrim foremost, a smoky haze in front of him. That damnable shield I couldn't breach. He looked around.

"The Grimoires?" he asked. I smiled.

"On their way from storage. Maybe a half hour away at most..." I said softly. "My rat?"

He showed Nancy, still in her pink leash and harness inside of a clear plastic box. With no air holes!

"This is an electrocuting rat trap." Woolrim told me. "Simple device. Clear plastic to see if you caught something or not. As you can see here, I have a piece of plastic tape on my finger. The end is between the battery connections. If I were to happen to move my finger..."

I raised a hand in a pleading gesture. "You have made your point Wizard. You have me out matched. I...wait a minute...what is happening!? What are you doing to me?!"

I grabbed for my throat and made choking noises as blood began to seep from my pores and shortly covered my whole body. I made gasping gagging noises and dropped to my knees panting and writhing like I was choking!

"You said we were going to have an exchange!" I rasped at him. "I acted in...accord to your...gah! Your...ugh!"

His men stepped closer, as did he. I smiled through my own blood though he couldn't see it.

"Abernathy! I am not doing this, what is...?" His voice died as I suddenly stood and flicked my wrist. Droplets of blood sped fast as arrows out to strike the men around me and off in the trees. There were cries and yells of pain and surprise and screams of anguish as the bastards began tearing at the ground. Some of them had the presence of mind to shoot at me, but my own protective layer of blood caught the bullets before they touched my skin.

With a smooth motion I drew Talisman and used my thumb to pull back the flint striker, aiming it at Matthew Woolrim's stomach. He bared his teeth and with a gesture his smoke screen hardened. I knew what was coming next, the release!

I squeezed the trigger and just before the flint struck the primer there was the sound as if a giant the size of a mountain took a deep indrawn breath. I saw Woolrim's face for a moment as his shield of smoke twisted a little and his eyes were wide and his face pale. I knew what he was seeing.

A roiling black shadow of billowing oily clouds behind my shoulder, gripping my arm tightly in anticipation of it's flight! The hammer struck, igniting the powder and the mass slammed forward turning my Talisman black as tar. With a moaning roar of pent up rage, and a wail of desolation the bullet launched itself from the barrel of the gun as if the explosion were but an afterthought. Like a dark comet of wrath it sped across the distance between the wizard and I. For just a moment Talisman was connected to his victim, a black line of inky shadow between the gun barrel and it's target. I felt a pleased rumble come from my weapon and then the shield of smoke shattered!

A moment of silence then the Wizard let out a loud cry of pain and fell, his hand clutching at the stump on his elbow where his arm used to be!

"Son of a bitch! I'll kill you! I'll kill you!" He shouted in pain. I looked down at Talisman and felt a rumble of satisfaction from it. I reloaded the weapon as I walked over, and looked down at my enemy.

I was surprised Matthew Woolrim was still alive to be honest. My wonderful weapon tended to kill what it shot. The blackened flesh that oozed no blood where the wizard's arm used to be was evidence of that. If the round had struck him in the belly I could have placed a flowerpot in the hole that would have remained. As if feeling my curiosity, I felt a whisper in my ear.

INNOCENT...

My eyes fell to the arm that was lying next to Nancy's plastic cage where she was scrabbling around with muted squeaks. The hand had blacked and was falling apart like soot in rain, the flimsy piece of tape still in place protecting my secretary's life. I made a motion and my blood dripped on to the plastic and broke it apart. At the same time I spattered more of my blood onto Woolrim whose back arched in agony and then fell still, unconscious.

The moment Nancy was out of the cage she began running away, fleeing as fast as her legs could carry her!

"Nancy! Wait! Where are you going!?" I called after her. She froze, looking back at me.

"Will...iam? Is...Is...that you under there?" She squeaked. I couldn't tell from her voice if she was scared or not since she was always a little squeaky when she spoke. I sent my blood back in through my pores, so it was no longer covering me. Then I dropped down to one knee and held my hands out to her, low to the ground.

"Yes, it is me Nancy. I am here and you are safe now."

She took a hesitating step towards me, head up and I could see her nose sniffling and whisker's twitching for a moment, before she scurried even faster towards me than she had been running away. Which is when I found out something about Norway rats...

They can leap!

Which she did, right into my chest, her pink leash streaming behind like the tail on a kite! I chuckled and held her, stroking her soft brown fur.

"They hurt me! And asked me questions, ones I couldn't answer so they hurt me! Trying to make me talk!" She gave little squeaky sobs.

"You were only gone at most for a few hours...what did they want to know?" I asked.

She went rigid, and silent.

"Nancy...?"

Her little rat mouth opened, and I heard a slight raspy gagging noise before it shut tight. It closed so fast I thought she almost bit her tongue off!

"Its alight, shhhh! Just relax. No questions, okay?"

She shuddered and rubbed her head and ears in the crook of my elbow. "Thank you William. I would kiss you if I could, can we go home now?"

I chortled in my throat and on a pure happy whim, I picked up my little furry secretary and kissed her on her whiskered nose! Which made her chitter in surprise and blink at me rapidly. "Don't tell anyone I did that! Sexual harassment in the workplace lawsuits and all that rot and nonsense! Would never do would it, to have a boss putting the moves on his employees would it?"

I stood and tucked her leash in my pocket, fastening it to my watch clasp for a pocket watch I never carried.

"We have a couple more loose ends to clear up before going home Nancy. Would a little more violence bother you at all?"

I heard her give a disgusted sound, "I am a rat William! Of course not..." I grinned and walked over to the first of the men, he looked to be the leader, he was still groaning and twitching on the ground.

"Hello there!" I said brightly to him. "It seems your previous employer has no further use for your services. I might have need of some personnel who are used to dealing with people and things outside of the mundane bounds of life. Are you interested?"

He grunted and groaned while reaching for the clasp of his helmet, finally popping the clasp and pushing it off so I could see his face. A negro man was looking up at me with hard eyes.

Wait, we don't call them Negro anymore...African American? I think that is it. But what if he isn't from America? Or from Africa? Wouldn't that be rude? I guess I will just call him "Black" until I know his name. Makes no difference in the end I suppose. Either way...human's all taste the same to me.

payenbrant
payenbrant
1,598 Followers