Miranda, A Lost Wife Ch. 01

Story Info
A married woman is seduced by a young neighbour.
7k words
3.97
113.5k
168

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/04/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,537 Followers

Many thanks to Charlie, who helped me with suggestions and editing.

*****

My marriage reflected the classical picture of a happy marriage. It was pretty much the same as every other couple around the world it was for the want of a better word average. My wife Miranda and I had been married for about 16 years, Miranda being 38 and I 40 years of age. We had two children both girls one 10 and 12.

Miranda works as a dentist's receptionist at the local dental surgery in town.

I am a carpenter by trade, and run my own business which I run from our home. The workshop and storeroom sits behind our garage. Financially we were OK. Not wealthy but we were getting by. The bank still owned at least half of our home.

We live in a little seaside community of about 20 houses. It's a suburb of a nearby town of about 20,000 people. It wasn't a village as such it was more just a collection of houses. The sections were large offering great privacy and incredible vistas of the coastline. Our place in particular sits atop a high grassy outcrop that has perhaps the best outlook of the whole group. The views of the beach and the coast are nothing short of magnificent.

We had been living in our place for about eight years. It was a rundown wreck when we brought it, but over time have remodelled and renovated until it is probably the best house in our little enclave.

If asked about my marriage I would describe it as the best thing that ever happened to me. Before meeting my wife I was a little bit wild and always managed to find a way to get myself in trouble. Miranda was a steadying influence and gave me a Feeling responsibility. I now had someone to build a life with. Miranda and I met at the local college. At the time I was taking an adult night class in design and Miranda was taking a business management class. We met, dated, fell in love and married. The rest as they say is history.

Our lives have centred around the kids. Both girls are talented netball players and both have made their respective age group representative teams. Both were excelling as students as well. So between school and sport the kids take up a huge portion of our spare time. We always go to their games and school activities.

Our lives seemed blissful well to me at least. Our little community was really tight. All the families got together once a month to socialise laugh, dance and just have a good time. We rotated the venue, each family holding the get together at their home by way of an informal roster. We all got along so well that it worked out great. There were other kids in the group the same age as our two. In fact our daughter's best friends were amongst the crowd. Some of the other families were our own age as well. The group was entirely made up of married couples and families. That changed when a single guy moved in a couple of doors up from us. He had just moved into the area having taken up a position with the local District Council, as the district planning engineer. He was a really fit young guy about 28 or so. He was always cycling, surfing or running. His truck always had a surfboard strapped on the roof.

When he moved in Miranda and a couple of the other wives invited him along to the regular monthly bash.

He seemed a likeable guy, friendly and outgoing. The only thing I didn't like was Miranda was like a star struck teenager around him. She fawned over him, running after him like a little schoolgirl with her first crush. It was Brad this, or Brad that she was smitten by him. It drove me to distraction.

Miranda is a very attractive woman not a stereotypical sex bomb or model. But she is one of those fortunate creatures who doesn't have to try too hard. She never seemed to go overboard with makeup or revealing clothes, but what she did wear was always fashionable and chic. Lately though she seemed to have slipped into a little funk. Not depressed but maybe disillusioned with life. I put it down to the approach of the big 40.

Brads arrival on the scene seemed to fire her up that's for sure. She brightened and smiled when he was around. Suddenly she was getting dressed up for our social gatherings. She became alive, bright and luminous especially when Brad was part of the gathering.

I teased her about her new crush but she just fobbed me off complaining I needed to grow up!!

That didn't stop her from inviting him to every event we had. He spent more time at our place than he did at his own. Miranda would spend ages in front of the mirror picking out her outfit. She was trying not to be too obvious but I picked up on it. She didn't go for revealing sexy clothes but she always picked the sexier ones from her collection. It should have pissed me off but I was able to see why she was attracted to him, he was young fit and a bit of a charmer. I could see why women found him attractive. He didn't help the situation whenever he was around Miranda he complemented her all the time; he always seemed to notice she had just got her hair restyled, even although I missed it!!

He never failed to tell her how pretty she looked. She was enjoying being made to feel special. Probably something I should have been doing.

In the end it got a bit much and I had a whinge to Miranda about it. She protested that all she was doing was trying to make him feel welcome as he didn't know anybody in the area and he was all alone. I didn't see the point in arguing about it I decided to just accept the upside which was Miranda was taking extra special care of herself and looked better than she had in years. The other plus was she had become extra loving in the bedroom.

Miranda's improved spirits flowed into our everyday lives. She took up running again and was out pounding the pavement everyday rain or shine. She was just happier and you know what they say happy wife happy life.

So with the upsides I put up with having Brad hanging around all the time. He had somehow managed to ingratiate himself into our family; it was like he was part of the furniture. The girls were as bad as Miranda they both ran after him; they definitely had a crush on him. They were always giggling and gossiping about him.

I didn't mind having him around the place he was a likeable guy. He seemed polite and respectful.

The one thing that pissed me off was Miranda constantly talked about him and what he was doing. We couldn't have a conversation or a family meal without Brads name being the main topic of the conversation. It was Brad was doing this, or Brad was going here or there. It was suddenly like he was the centre of our universe or something. The girls were infatuated, as was Miranda. He was the main topic of conversation all the time. We couldn't have friends over without inviting him as well. If we were having something as simple as a family barbeque there was Brad.

Even with all the positives it was starting to wear a bit thin with me, the only saving grace was the improvements in Miranda's moods and the huge upswing in our sex life.

So it was at one of our family barbeques when Brad complained that he had to go to the mayor's ball in a week or so.

The moment he mentioned it Miranda gasped, "Wow that should be awesome. It's one of the social highlights of the year." He moaned that it wasn't really his scene, but he had to go. He had been instructed by his boss, plus he griped that he didn't even have a date.

Both our daughters immediately volunteered to go with him but much to their chagrin I shut them down straight away. They both sulked and Brad laughed apologising, "Sorry girls!"

Bridgette our eldest then piped up with her bright idea, "Mum why don't you go?? You know you love to dance; you have always said you wanted to go to the ball!"

Brad grinned broadly, "Wow would you Miranda that would be awesome."

Miranda looked at me and stuttered, "uuuummmmm that's not really a good idea girls I don't think it's appropriate for a married woman to be a young man's date."

Bridgette blustered, "Don't be silly mum, it's only a date."

Miranda looked across at me, and I could see by the look in her eye that she wanted to go. She does love dancing and yes she has said at least a million times she would love to go to these types of functions.

Brad looked across at me, "You wouldn't mind would you Gordon?"

I was trapped, if I complained I would look petty. "I suppose it would be OK if Miranda wants to go of course."

Miranda face brightened and she smiled, "Really Gordy you wouldn't mind?"

I breathed a deep breath, "Miranda you are going as his escort it's not a real date."

The girls all started clapping and the table erupted in a wild discussion about dresses and shoes and all the other shit.

For the week leading up to the ball our sex life was amazing. We were making love every day and a couple of times in the morning, which historically was a bit of a no, no for Manda. The ball was the sole topic of conversation at our table. The girls went shopping with Manda and spent hours in our room trying out makeup techniques. The only grumpy one was Bridgette who I think was jealous that her mum was going with Brad, but it didn't stop her blabbing about it. Of course it was the talk of the town or at least our little group. All of the other wives were jealous which just made Miranda's head swell even more.

On the night of the ball Manda pulled me aside, "Gordy you are sure about this aren't you? I don't want to go if you aren't. You are OK with this aren't you?"

The look on her face was a bit worrying, "Manda should I be worried? Is there something going on you aren't telling me? Should I be worried about this?"

She hugged me reassuringly and giggled, "no silly, but I mean not many husbands would let their wife go on a date with a handsome young guy."

I nodded, "Well it's not a date is it Manda? You are just helping out a friend by going as his escort. That is unless you are hiding something?"

Her smile vanished and she mumbled hesitantly, "No Gordy you are right, I know it's not a date, but it is nice to be treated special and be going out to such a huge occasion. I am a little excited. Thank you for not getting all possessive and jealous and for letting me go." She leaned up and gave me a deep kiss.

Brad rocked up in his work truck and off they went to the ball. The girls reminded her that she had to post regular updates and lots of photos on Facebook, they wanted to see all the fashions and who was wearing what.

The girls were ecstatic and sat mesmerised for the whole evening following their mother's continuous photos, updates and comments. I eventually chased them off to bed at ten.

I expected Manda to be home at about midnight, but by one AM they still hadn't turned up. I was a bit nervous and I didn't want to look like I was checking up on her. I convinced myself that I was just checking that they hadn't been in an accident. I snuck out and wandered down to Brads place. In such a small little community there are no streetlamps or lights of any kind so I didn't have to worry about being seen. Sure enough when I walked into his driveway there was his truck. There were no lights on in the house so I snuck down the side access to the back of the house. As I approached the back of the house I could hear talking and laughter.

I poked my head around the corner and I could see Miranda and Brad curled up on a cane lounger looking out over the ocean. There were no lights going anywhere, but it was a bright starlit night with a full moon. They were drinking and laughing. Brad had his arm around her shoulder and was cuddling her tightly.

I couldn't really hear what they were saying but the talk was getting hushed and sounded a very intimate.

I was stuck, I could charge around and take them both to task, which was my first instinct but I didn't want to go off halfcocked. Miranda would not take kindly to me exposing her. It would be the fight to end all fights.

I waited for a while, on the surface it didn't look good but it might be innocent. That thought was blown out of the water when I poked my head back around the corner and Brad pulled Miranda into a long kiss. This was no longer innocent. The kiss was a lover's kiss and went on for quite a while and she wasn't fighting him off. I watched as he put his glass down and his hand was roaming unseen across her body.

At that point Miranda jumped up and pushed him away. "Brad I can't do this. You know I am married and Gordy would not be happy if he knew what we were doing."

He stood up and hugged her, "Yeah you are right, I am sorry Mandy I shouldn't have done that. I am just so attracted to you. You are so damn beautiful and sexy. It's getting harder and harder to control my attraction. Every time I see you I get a damn erection."

She sucked in a disbelieving breath, "oh stop it Brad, you are being ridiculous I a married woman and I am much older than you."

I heard his voice harden, "I am not joking Mandy I really like you. You were the sexiest woman at that ball tonight, god you look absolutely gorgeous. Mandy you are a sexy and beautiful woman. You must know the effect you have on me. I can't stop thinking about you. Right now all I want to do is take you to bed and show you how much I want you."

Miranda shuddered, "Oh my god Brad, please don't talk like that. Really I mean we have to stop before we do something stupid."

He grabbed her and kissed her and the passion was obvious and not just from him, but thankfully she pushed him away. "Brad please I have to go, Gordy will be waiting up."

I turned and walked quickly home. I plonked myself down in front of the TV and reclined back pretending to be asleep in front of the TV. I was angry but that was tinged with thought at least she denied him going any further.

Miranda walked in about fifteen minutes later. The moment she saw me still up her face went bright red and she looked away quickly.

I pretended to stretch as if I had just woken up, "Hi honey I yawned, "how was your ball?"

She hung her coat up on the rack and walked into the lounge, "It was wonderful she stuttered. I had a wonderful time."

"You're a bit late I muttered looking at my watch, I expected you home ages ago."

As she sat down beside me she turned her head away, "Sorry love, I guess we lost track of time." As she sat she curled her legs up underneath herself and she rested her head on my shoulder. "I missed you bub she whispered."

I mumbled, "Did you just."

"Uh huh I sure did love."

"So Brad wasn't much of a date then?"

She giggled a little, "He was fine actually Mr. He was fun, and a wonderful dancer. I would just have liked you to be there."

"So you did dance together?"

"Of course we did silly it was a ball after all."

"Oh yes and he was your date wasn't he" I was trying to keep the anger and disapproval out of my voice.

She picked up on it though, "Are you mad about this Gordy?"

I shrugged, "no not really I guess I just expected you home earlier. The ball finished at eleven thirty didn't it?"

"Gordon I did say I was sorry, we were just talking and lost track of time."

I mumbled, "I see."

"Gordon I did say I was sorry, we were just talking."

I looked deeply into her eyes, so did your date get a goodnight kiss?

She coughed and choked surprised by my question, "Why would you even ask that Gordon?"

"Oh I don't know Miranda; I always got a goodnight kiss when I dated you."

She stood up grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs to bed. She was hot and passionate and she was so aroused there was no need for foreplay she was ready and willing.

In the morning she followed that up by waking me with a dawn breaker as well. She was obviously feeling guilty.

When we were walking down for breakfast she turned and kissed me, "Thank you for being so understanding last night honey. I had a wonderful time. You are the best."

For the rest of the week I could feel the anger bubbling away below the surface. Brad thankfully stayed away from our place. He must have been feeling guilty as well.

Friday night when I got home Manda's mum was there picking up the girls, apparently they were going for a sleepover.

By the time I got down from my shower Manda had dinner in the oven and the house smelled great.

As I walked up behind Manda she purred, "Honey I hope you don't mind I have invited Brad for dinner."

Oh fuck I thought to myself.

He turned up carrying a bottle of wine, he hugged and kissed Manda and greeted me with a slightly reticent handshake and I noticed he couldn't look me in the eye.

The conversation was all between Manda and Brad, they babbled on and on about the ball. Brad kept telling her how beautiful she was, how she was the sexiest woman at the ball. I was biting my tongue. Manda was at her brightest, smiling and giggling at everything he said. She made sure all of our glasses were always full. By the time we had finished desert we had moved out onto the deck enjoying a starlit night.

Manda got up to get more drinks, Brad jumped up offering to help. They both disappeared inside. They were gone for a long time much longer than required to just get drinks I thought. I wandered inside feigning the need to go to the boy's room. As I walked past the kitchen I saw them quickly separating. When I got back to the deck they were both standing together and I had obviously interrupted another kiss.

I sat down beside Manda and the conversation was stilted. The tension in the air was palpable and growing by the minute. The silence grew to an uncomfortable level. Neither Miranda nor Brad spoke. There was just silence. Eventually Brad made an excuse and left soon after.

In bed Miranda was ravenous. Her fooling around with Brad was pissing me off except for the sex. The sex was incredible. Miranda has been so aroused lately. Brad might be doing all the hard work but I was getting all the benefits.

On Sunday Brad and Manda went for a run together, they went up the beach which was unusual for Miranda. Normally she complained bitterly about how hard it was to jog on the pebbles.

They arrived back an hour or so later and Miranda was really flushed.

Several times over the next couple of weeks I caught the pair of them in compromising situations. They always separated before I could catch them properly but I got the picture.

I almost caught them one evening after dinner when they were supposed to be doing dishes. Manda was obviously feeling really guilty that night. She couldn't look me in the eye, she didn't want to talk to me and for the first time in a long time she didn't want to touch me in bed. For a couple of days following that Miranda was really despondent and it was apparent she wanted to say something but either couldn't or didn't have the nerve to.

In the weekend with the girls off enjoying sleepovers with friends Miranda tackled me at the dinner table. "Gordon honey can you sit with me, please we need to talk?"

I sucked in a deep breath prepared for the worst, "Yes Miranda I think that would be a good idea."

We sat staring at each other and she reached over grabbing my hand, "Gordon honey I love you so much, you know that don't you?"

I nodded, "Well up until this moment I never doubted it Manda, and of course I feel the same way. Every day I thank my lucky stars that we met."

She smiled, "Gordon I guess you have picked up that something has been going on between Brad and me?"

"Yes Manda, it's pretty obvious actually, it's been hard to miss."

"I am sorry Gordy, I don't mean to hurt you, but there is an attraction between us."

"I have noticed Miranda, so are you having an affair? How far have you gone Miranda?"

She sighed deeply, "Gordon we have only kissed, nothing more. I would never cheat on you."

Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,537 Followers
12