Misfit Blossoms Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, hi Larry."

The attractive young woman holding his hand scowled at Amy.

"Wow Amy, you have changed remarkably. You look front-cover material."

The girlfriend attempted to pull her hand away but Larry held on, making Sweetie wince.

"Oh, we must go, there's so much to do," Cynthia said.

"Bye Mrs McCool," Amy said. "Bye Larry and I see you have great taste."

She winked at the girlfriend whose frosty face melted into a smile.

"Did you notice Larry eyeing your tits?"

"Mother," Amy snorted.

"At your age at university, we girls called them tits. Yours are rather small but are cutely shaped and you have dynamic cleavage."

"What?"

"I suppose I mean a great focal point."

"Mother, have you gained lesbian tendencies?"

"Of course not. My, you've become rather funny darling."

* * *

The time came to return to university. Susan and Amy had made no further effort to communicate with each other again but waved when they twice saw each other in the distance.

Amy thought they really weren't well-matched to develop a close friendship. She thought Susan was somewhat interesting conversationally but she lacked personality and, err, direction.

"And what does Susan think of me now, useless as a procurer of men despite having whorish tendencies?" Amy mused.

She was pleased that she could laugh at herself. That was another advance. Prior to going to leaving their provincial city for university, she'd tended to view herself negatively simply because that was how most people reacted to her. Well that certainly had changed for the better.

* * *

One hour into the 4-hour bus trip to return to university, a woman in her early to mid-twenties boarded and took the empty seat beside Amy. They exchanged smiles and first names and when Becky took a closer look at Amy she said, "I think I seen you be before."

That established they were at the same university where Becky Williams was a final-year student studying Art History. They chatted about many things and the most useful feedback for Amy came after she'd answered Becky's question about her involvement in student life and social activities outside of her literary studies.

"I have to say Army, you're off to a poor start to amassing an impressive record in terms of social activity at university which is something prospective employers consider provides a useful indicator of your potential of fitting in to their workplace culture."

Amy protested, "But I told you I'm in the debating club, one of the lower-graded swim teams and have heard that the hockey selectors have me under watch since it was reported that I have most promising potential,"

"That's good for you Amy and perhaps that's how job recruiters will view it but at the same time they'll notice an absence of apparent commitment to university life."

"Omigod."

"There's not need to panic, you are only beginning your second semester. There's plenty of time to make a commitment but don't leave too late to establish an impressive record compared to others in your class. In fact, I suggest that you start projecting yourself into the upper performing echelon tomorrow, at the start of your 2nd semester. I hope you know what echelon means?"

"Grade or tier are examples."

"Good Amy, you appear to have the fundamentals in place."

"Becky, may I ask how is it that you appear to so much about how the system works."

"This is my second year as one of the three Student Association's representatives on the ruling body, the University Council, although we three reps don't possess voting rights."

"Omigod, I'm in the presence of one of our most influential students."

Becky laughed and said she was flattered and that Amy exhibited a personality that could really get her somewhere when she stood before job recruiters in her final year.

"Thanks for the compliment Becky but timewise that's years away."

"Oh, my poor innocent, who had one foot into the university scene but yet doesn't know just how fast that time in front of you will appear to be accelerating at an unbelievably rapid rate. Most of us only learn about it too late for comfort. My advice to you honey is to concentrate from this day on absorbing knowledge from all directions and participating with commitment. You've possibly sucked enough dick in your first semester to last you four or five years; accept that the time has come to focus on your real reason for being here."

"Um, do you still find time to gobble dick Becky?"

"I do but in moderation and it's placed low in my priorities although I value such opportunities because in my future life some of the guys who become influential nationally in business, politics or whatever may remember my spitting out their semen when I go to them seeking assistance from them."

"Omigod, for me that puts new emphasis on the importance of fellatio and I guess, a willingness to suck pussy."

They laughed, having to cover their mouths, such was their mirth.

When they left the bus at the terminal, to go their respective ways to their accommodation because Becky shared apartment accommodation overlooking the Eastern Marina at the city's port, they kissed and in the accompanying warm hug, Becky said the president of the student council has been injured in a farm accident and had his neck in a brace and had resigned his office."

"And you intend standing as a candidate to replace him."

"My, that's perceptive of you."

"I'm a bit like that. I'll vote for you and ask my friends and acquaintances to support your candidacy."

"Thanks, that will be appreciate. Amy, my respect for you has grown substantially since we began talking on that bus. I'm confident you have the basics of what it takes to rise above the mass, so much so that even you will be surprised. Good luck with your studies."

"And good luck to you in all respects Becky, our new president. I feel so honoured to have met you."

For a moment, Amy thought Becky was about to say something like "What rubbish."

But Becky said quietly, "That's an example of what I predicted for you Amy. You possess the essentials and you naturally say appealing things. It's time to begin your ascent darling - plan and take the opportunities as they arise and push yourself when necessary.

Becky didn't look back. Amy stood watching her as Becky crossed the street towards a car, taking in what she'd just been told. Two females jumped out of the car and smothered Becky in hugs and kisses.

"Hmm," Amy sighed. "They appear more than friends. Perhaps that's their way of keeping safe sexually as young female university students and ignoring the stigma attached to same sex relationship."

In the foyer of Mitchell House, Amy checked for mail and found a letter from the Accommodation office which stated that she would return to Pod 28 with all four residents having confirmed they wish to stay as previously allocated. The interior walls of the apartment had been repainted, at no cost to the residents, but the residents were being jointly billed for the re-covering of the base of one of the sofas and replacement of the smaller of the two mirrors in the bathroom.

She sighed, remembering that two guys fighting during one of their pod parties were responsible for the cracked mirror when one of then later threw a full bottle of beer at his opponent who ducked although standing at the toilet peeing. No one had confessed to scrapes on the leather-covered sofa that presumably must have occurred during robust sex. The theory was they were buckle scrapes, with guys not having completely removed their pants during the hot action. A much less credible suggestion, given by one of the suspect males, was perhaps one of the hosting females had worn spurs when being fucked on the sofa or when butt-fucking another female with a strap-on.

After dinner that night, Rosie, Shirley, Greer and Amy agreed they should try to recover those costs from those who did much of the damage.

Greer said Lucy if those identified as the culprits refused to pay, then what?

"She should be summons to appear before the judicial committee of the Student's Council."

"That's an excellent suggestion Amy," Rosie said. "If the matter goes that far, you are elected prosecutor."

"Aw," Amy groaned.

"I propose that Amy prosecute the alleged offenders on our behalf in the event of that action being required," Rosie said. Grinning, Greer and Shirley said 'aye' and Amy sighed and said she accepted the decision of the majority of the residents of their pod.

Arriving back from dinner at their hall's dining room, Amy grabbed the new edition of the student's newspaper to read, giving the middle section to Greer as requested.

Amy read out extracts of the lead story of the accident to the Students Association president who'd resigned his position and that three candidates who was on the council were standing as candidates for the election, with nominations closing on Thursday.

"That's so typical," Greer said. "Only one of them is female."

Amy said, "Yeah, I travelled most of the way here by bus yesterday, sitting next to Becky. She's so cool and not up herself. She treated me like an equal although she's in her 4th year, but of course she could have been in election mode."

"Nevertheless, would you vote for her?"

"Oh yes, Greer."

"That's good enough for me. What about you other babes."

Both said they'd think about it.

"The election is Friday week."

"Then Amy, you should state your support for Becky in a statement pinned to our noticeboard in the foyer and explain why."

"But I'd have to attach my photo image and sign the statement."

"Yes," Shirley said. "That's to reveal your sincerity and that you are a real person and have signed for verification, otherwise that noticeboard would be plastered with crap by loonies."

Next morning, Amy posted her notice of support for Becky Williams and highlighted her reasons as:

• Confident Person

• Pleasant Personality

• Active in Student Affairs

• Progressive Thinker

• Shows Qualities as a Mentor

• Focused on Personal & Community Success

• Possesses Leadership Skills

During one of afternoon breaks between classes, Amy read a text on her phone.

"Hi beautiful, it's Becky. I have just received a phone txt suggestion I look at a new message on our students' website and lo, I found you had posted a great endorsement of me. I'm so happy with you Amy 'cos the message is so warm, so informative and so obviously genuine. I'm honoured and thanks a million."

Amy replied to that text saying she's posted the endorsement because it was aimed to support a worthy person. She wondered who'd copied her statement from the noticeboard in the foyer of Mitchell House and mentioned that to Rosie who answered instantly, that a copy of all new student notices automatically was emailed to the students' newspaper on request as occasionally some were posted on the website or formed the basis of an expanded story after investigation.

Later that evening Amy received a phone txt:

Hi, I'm Tony Ridge. Becky's campaign manager. Will you under-take responsibility to hand-deliver Becky's campaign leaflet to all 184 residents in Mitchell House in the next two days? If so, please reply to this text.

DISCLOSURE: I'm Becky's boyfriend.

She replied yes and twenty minutes later a student messenger arrived with 190 leaflets and Amy signed for them. She handed a share of leaflets to her three flatmates and then set-off door-knocking, noting who was not available as she'd need to return again to attempt to deliver them in person.

"Well?" Rosie asked, when Amy returned.

"I've handed out 85 and hope to complete tomorrow. Many recipients appeared to regard the leaflet as junk mail but others were enthusiastic and asked did I know Becky personally and their comments were rewarding and a few even said I was doing a great job. In summary, the majority appeared to be apathetic non-voters."

Next morning, when leaving for her pre-breakfast run, Amy's jaw dropped when she saw a blown-up photograph of Becky on a wall of the foyer and the house manager was inspecting it.

"Who did this?" Amy asked, bewildered.

The message was: 'Vote for Becky as President to Ensure First-Year Students Get the Representation They Need.'

The residential house manager, Eileen Shanks, smiled.

"Your pod-mates Rosie and Shirley did this dear, both who had art and design tutoring at high school. Didn't you know?"

"No," Amy said, bursting into tears and widow Mrs Shanks hugged her and said, "You girls often tug as my heart-strings dear for the kind deeds you are prepared to do for your friends and how the recipients can be overcome with emotional gratitude. What we see on TV and newspapers about the callous and disrespectful youth of today is sensationalized crap dear, focusing on the scum and ignoring the good-hearted majority."

"Mrs Shanks, I miss my mother."

"I know dear and many of us are in the same boat. Now dry your eyes and off to class you go and bask in the goodwill of your friends," Eileen said, giving Amy an extra hug and then stepping back and gently pushing her toward the exit doors.

Amy found her grinning pod-mates outside and the four of them wallowed in a group hug.

"Thank Shirley and me as we had to break into the art room," Rosie said. "But also thank Greer as she came up with the idea and urged Shirley and me as former art students to do the work."

"God, what a great team with kindred spirit I cohabit with," Amy said joyously.

"Omigod Amy," Greer yelped. "Either you are displaying lesbian aggression or the qualities of a future Students' Association president; which is it?"

"I have this great desire to fuck you all," Amy lied, sending her friends fleeing and laughing.

"Amy is unravelling," Rosie declared as the three of them slowed and waited for Amy to catch up. "Initially she appeared reserved and constrained, indicating she was struggling to free herself. And now, all of a sudden, she appears to be flying."

* * *

Between classes early Friday afternoon, many students where connected to the students' website with their phones or iPads or other Wi-fi capable hand devices.

Amy's phone went and during the brief conversation, her clenched fist shot into the air and her smile went virtually from ear-to-ear and she said thanks and confirmed she would attend.

Just then students around her stirred and the election results appeared on the website.

Eight nominations were received and the successful candidate for the presidency, Becky Williams, had been the clear leader, amassing 43.47% of all eligible votes cast.

Amy had learned of the victory moments before from Becky's campaign manager and boyfriend, Tony Ridge.

She recalled what he'd said when calling:

Thanks for your great effort Amy, Becky asked me to thank you and she will thank you personally at the victory party in the SA offices starting and 4.30 today and you are definitely invited.

Yesterday Becky received an email from your pod-mate Greer Birch with support signatures from 120 residents of Mitchell House indicating they were likely to vote for her thanks to your enthusiasm Amy in backing Becky and appealing to all Mitchell House residents to vote even if they favoured another candidate or might decide to only cast an invalid vote.

You weren't the only one pushing Becky's candidature but this effort from you came from a most-unexpected quarter because first-year students are notoriously non-focused on student affairs at least for most of their initial year. Late yesterday, as a result of Becky's suggestion the council accepted her motion and that decision will be put to you this evening. Amy, I look forward to meeting you tonight as one of our influential guests.

Amy it was unbelievable that she was considered to be influential. She thought of calling her mother and with that news but decided not to.

She mused, "Mom will find it impossible to believe that tribute and will ask me anxiously if I'm on drugs."

But later that night, after Amy accepted an invitation to sit on the Council as an interim appointment for the remainder of the 2nd semester and a condition of that appointment she was to survey first-year students about how to accelerate their interest in student governance and to lodge a final report to the council within two weeks of the end of her temporary appointment.

Excited, she called home.

To her astonishment, Laura took the news calmly rather as if she'd been expecting something like that for a 10:30 pm call rather than gasp had Amy been in a vehicle accident, fire or some other mishap.

"My congratulations darling."

"But mom, aren't you just a mite astonished to learn about this development?"

"I don't believe so pet. I always knew you would elevate yourself from your apparent fixation of occupying the bottom rungs of the socialisation ladder and that you had the brain power to float above the general mass to ultimately occupy a leadership role in society. Your improved socialisation and ability to cope with it were apparent to me when you were home recently and it now has taken a larger step forward because you have impressed your peers and I predict there is a lot more to come. How did you expect me to react... to ask sternly were you on an illegal substance?"

"Who me? You know I would never think like that?

"Oh yes, and how right you are. My advice darling is to marry early, have my grandchildren, and then you will be substantially free to build towards your senior years of personal fulfilment. Now I must go because your call caused coitus interruptus."

"Oh, I apologize mother. Um, do you mean with dad?"

"Of course, darling. You know I'm not a later-in-life risk-taker."

* * *

Amy entered Pod-28 and smiled as the other three inhabitants were sipping herbal tea and watching a boring doco on TV about wild female salmon laying eggs upriver with many of them including males soon to die from exhaustion and malnutrition.

She smiled brightly telling them to loosen up and they brightened when Amy pulled three chilled bottles of premium sparkling wine from the bag she was carrying.

"Glasses please someone."

Shirley raced off to fetch and deliver, asking Amy had she had unbelievable sex.

"No, this is a celebration to mark the beginning of my maturity as a university student. I have been appointed temporarily to the Students' Council a task to complete before the end of this semester. I'll explain as we begin to drink and then I invite you three to join me as the development committee to complete the project in what is called in a timely manner. This is an important mission to get our teeth into girls, or rather I say young ladies."

"Are you on dope or have you just had sensational sex?" Greer asked and Shirley only just managed to avoid dropping the bottle she was pouring from because they all were laughing so much.

The End

12